GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Everybody always understands early GnR as this bond of brothers thing, best friends and all that. Even if that might be true for some constellations of them, I doubt the spirit of the band as a group of friends. I think it's possible they merely were some kind of friendly collegues with somewhat loosely bound tighter relationships. A band is a business not necessarily a circle of friends. To me it is the fans that make up this more romantic idea as this band of brothers kind of thing.

Hmmm, I don't think this is something the fans made up.

I think in the beginning they acted like friends would. Having in mind, though, that they all met because of "work" or the prospect of forming a band, in those early days they were young and let's say they were "all in the same boat", meaning that except for Slash and Steven, all the rest had moved to L.A. and were trying to make it in music. They had to live together and share a lot of stuff together, out of necessity, out of poverty, you name it... but they spent quite some time with each other and in some ways they were a gang, a family, it was them against the other bands, the music industry, them trying to change the scene...

Later things turned out different. Probably their contract with Geffen and the money they received is what made the difference between what kind of band they were before and after being signed up. Shit got real and band turned into real business, a machine that was meant to make money because it was a professional band.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Neither Amy or Stu have kids (unless they completely hide them and never even mention them on their social media), but both of them appear to have lots of animals and Amy's also very involved in animal issues and volunteers at animal shelters. Basically, Amy and Stuart seem to be all about their furry four-legged family members and animals in general. Just like Axl, now that I think about it.

Yeah. It looks like Stuart has a partner who looks more or less his age, lol.

Is Amy really a nurse? Doesn't look like one :P and Stuart, what does he do apart from Black forest cakes? :lol:

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

Btw, @killuridols, I think we never invited you for the wedding, but you're invited. Buenos Aires. July 21st. Izzy's live performance. Don't miss it. You too @Andy14 :P

Ummm.... :confused:
Paso.

35 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's still extremely weird that whenever Axl gets pictured out and about he is never ever with his brother or sister. Lots of Beta and Fernando and hangers on like Andrei etc but none of his siblings :shrugs:

I think that's odd for saying how long he's been famous and how much he's toured over the last couple of decades

It seems they do not "tour" with him anymore. Maybe they've chosen to stay in their places and live their simple lives. If they have real jobs and personal things to attend they may not be able to go on long tours like that.

They also don't live in Los Angeles.... But I agree that it is odd there aren't more pics of them sharing something with Axl.

People said Amy was in the first Vegas shows last year, but we've never seen pics of that either.

I still think the brother is estranged from Axl's life... :shrugs:

Lol, I was about to post this pic but @Lumikki was faster :P

5 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

And he does get pictured with his siblings sometimes:

925326398.jpg

And...

8 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

This one is supposedly Amy with Axl as well, but people tend to argue over that one lol. But either way, it's pretty cute, despite Axl having that strange early 2000s appearance.

18756291444_c4faeb51d6.jpg

I was told that woman is related to Beta. I don't think she looks like Amy at all...

10 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

So I guess this one was taken approximately 2.5 years after the pregnancy pic then? :awesomeface:

17934121_130.jpg

Omg, another Axl "ghost" pic! :o

I'm sorry but that one looks too weird to be real. Axl looks like a spirit and the kid as well... Axl photoshopped behind?

Don't know but it's disturbing <_<

41 minutes ago, stella said:

We don't see a lot of other people's siblings, either. Duff has what, seven siblings and probably a million nieces and nephews by now, and they're not on the radar either. It doesn't mean he hates them or doesn't' spend time with them.

You don't usually see photos of famous people with their friends who aren't famous, or their kids, or their siblings, or non-famous partners...it's all about privacy. Those people have lives off-screen and it's not in anyone's interest for them to be splashed around social media and the press. Beta and Fernando, etc. are always in the press so for them it doesn't matter anymore.

Speaking of Duff's siblings...here is a pic of one of them who recently had a birthday. Not sure if it was already posted?

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people sitting, table, drink and indoor

Celebratin #MrHollandsOpus aka #MrMattMcKagan Belated Special Bday 1f382.png?1f942.png??Happy Bday Matt!! 1f3bc.png?#McKaganFam 1f642.png:))) We Love You Matt Credits: Susan Holmes McKagan

• Like 1

@marlingrl03 I was just about to post the same picture :lol:  That's Duff's brother Matt, the one closest to Duff in age.

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Is Amy really a nurse? Doesn't look like one :P and Stuart, what does he do apart from Black forest cakes? :lol:

Yeah that's the impression I got reading through her FB. She even has an old picture of her in a nurse uniform somewhere. I once read something about what Stuart is doing, but don't remember anymore.

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:
22 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

So I guess this one was taken approximately 2.5 years after the pregnancy pic then? :awesomeface:

17934121_130.jpg

Omg, another Axl "ghost" pic! :o

I'm sorry but that one looks too weird to be real. Axl looks like a spirit and the kid as well... Axl photoshopped behind?

Don't know but it's disturbing <_<

No, I think that's just a crappy picture of a picture, hence the reflections and everything. But I recognize that woman and that child from Marc Canter's wedding pictures.

The child is the same child that was sitting on Duff's shoulders in the "Happy Daxl Rainbow Family" pic.

Just another one of Marc's wedding pictures most likely.

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

No, I think that's just a crappy picture of a picture, hence the reflections and everything. But I recognize that woman and that child from Marc Canter's wedding pictures.

The child is the same child that was sitting on Duff's shoulders in the "Happy Daxl Rainbow Family" pic.

And that kid is a ghost too :lol:

44 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Speaking of Duff's siblings...here is a pic of one of them who recently had a birthday. Not sure if it was already posted?

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people sitting, table, drink and indoor

Celebratin #MrHollandsOpus aka #MrMattMcKagan Belated Special Bday 1f382.png?1f942.png??Happy Bday Matt!! 1f3bc.png?#McKaganFam 1f642.png:))) We Love You Matt Credits: Susan Holmes McKagan

That's about in line with the number of photos we've  seen of Axl's siblings - not too many. :) I still think if someone asked any of us to name, say, all of Duffs' family members, we couldn't - and there's a good reason for that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frey said:

Also @Blackstar - Remember when you posted that story some guy told about little Axl being afraid of losing his step father's wrench because his step father 'would kill him'? And I think that story about kid Izzy getting defensive over his mom and the one about Axl having a bottle of liquid Lithium but refusing to take it were also by the same guy.

I remember you wondering if the guy was for real or if he was just making this up. Well I guess these stories are confirmed to be true now, because the guy who told them talks to Amy and Stu (and other Lafayette people) all the time on Facebook.

Yeah, after I posted the guy's Axl and Izzy stories I checked his fb and saw that he has many friends from Lafayette. In his blog he mentions Amy too:

I had a wonderful welcome to LA. I had Axl’s sister’s phone number. Again, I don’t know how I had her number back then, we hadn’t been close. The last time I could remember seeing her was in study hall, maybe Junior year.She took the empty seat across from me. I had my glasses on, but they were broken, with only one arm, and they sat kind of askew on my face. I couldn’t see shit without them..I took my glasses off when she sat down, because they were broken, not because I was self-conscious about them. Right. She smiled and said “You don’t have to take your glasses off for me, Dano.” Ah, the heart melts. She knew my name! There was a kindness in her voice, the kind that you only find in beautiful girls that don’t know they’re beautiful.

It's not clear from this if he and Amy were in the same school year (the guy was born in 1964).

EDIT: Maybe it's too far-fetched, but it seems to me that Amy could have some resemblance to that guy in the school yearbook picture.

On 17/04/2017 at 8:25 PM, Frey said:

Yeah, it's weird. I always used to think Amy and Stu both were Axl's half-siblings (step-brother on wikipedia is incorrect too since they all have the same mother), but recent evidence seems to suggest Axl and Amy are either full siblings, or they're still half-siblings, but both have fathers that aren't Mr. Bailey.

Oh I know what you're talking about now. The picture with the guy sitting in the middle of the family and the three kids in front with their new toys, right? Yeah, I agree that the guy from this pic and "Creepy shirtless guy" from the other pics are the same man most likely. Still think it's more likely to be Grandpa Lintner though :lol::P

I don't think that this guy is Axl's grandfather, because in the second picture he looks younger than the grandmother. Moreover the grandfather seems to have been out of the picture early for some reason. Axl never mentioned him (normally he would say that he lived with "his grandparents" after he was kicked out by his parents) as well as no one else (not even his son in the obituary for the grandma).

Btw, Grandpa Lintner's first name was indeed Earl. He and Anna were registered in the 1940 census as a married couple with one year age difference and living in Illinois.

Edited by Blackstar
added

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

NuGNR vacation status: Expiring. Winter 2017.

#Soon

:lol:

OMG, no, please :facepalm:

But now seriously speaking, @MillionsOfSpiders, my opinion of his words is that he's just doing what any other former employee with a bit of brains would do, which is talking good about the former employer because you never know when you will need that job again or a recommendation, or just to keep a good relationship with that camp. Bumblefoot sounds like a good student from the Duff's business school for musicians :lol:

Now what he says it is BS for the most part.... I mean, I've never read anywhere that the press has asked Axl to be "happy and smiling" and "be in a good mood"??? :crazy: WTF is he smoking?
Most of the criticism from the press has focused in Axl's inability to make it to shows on time, for most part of his career, and that he doesn't walk off the stage just because some guy in the audience doesn't appeal to him.
Also the fact that his nuGN'R never lived up to the original lineup success or even the UYI lineup success and the ridiculous time/money ChinDem took to be made.

"Nothing should ever be wrong"?? That is as vague as saying my mom just put on her pajamas.... what??? Makes no sense... No one ever said that.

I don't even know how to take or interpret his comments because they truly make no fuckin' sense to me, at all..... And Axl has been out of the focus of the press for a long time, especially when it comes to his private life. Because being happy and smiling and in a good mood are things that, in my opinion, are more related to his personal life than anything else :shrugs:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, after I posted the guy's Axl and Izzy stories I checked his fb and saw that he has many friends from Lafayette. In his blog he mentions Amy too:

I had a wonderful welcome to LA. I had Axl’s sister’s phone number. Again, I don’t know how I had her number back then, we hadn’t been close. The last time I could remember seeing her was in study hall, maybe Junior year.She took the empty seat across from me. I had my glasses on, but they were broken, with only one arm, and they sat kind of askew on my face. I couldn’t see shit without them..I took my glasses off when she sat down, because they were broken, not because I was self-conscious about them. Right. She smiled and said “You don’t have to take your glasses off for me, Dano.” Ah, the heart melts. She knew my name! There was a kindness in her voice, the kind that you only find in beautiful girls that don’t know they’re beautiful.

It's not clear from this if he and Amy were in the same school year (the guy was born in 1964).

Study hall in US high schools is generally all grades, AFAIK - that was how it was in my school. It's basically where they dump all the kids who don't have a class that period. You have to sit at a desk in a classroom and ostensibly study (at my school they did let us go to the library, which was much more fun, if we asked). So she could have been anything from a freshman to a senior (for those outside the USA who may not know: high school students are often referred to as freshmen (9th grade), sophomores (10th), juniors (11th) and seniors (12th). The same designations are used again in Uni.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Frey said:

@marlingrl03 I was just about to post the same picture :lol:  That's Duff's brother Matt, the one closest to Duff in age.

Yeah that's the impression I got reading through her FB. She even has an old picture of her in a nurse uniform somewhere. I once read something about what Stuart is doing, but don't remember anymore.

So whose kid is He,  Daxl's or Slaxl's? :huh:

22 hours ago, killuridols said:

Are you trying to hook up with @Andy14 or something? :max:

Dude, that girl is *Axl's YCBM voice* mine, mine, mine, miiiiiiiiiiiine!!!!!! :bitchfight:

Hope you're doing this YCBM dance as well :ph34r: (in Axl's outfit)

ycbm_zps7frkcvc6.gif

And don't forget that @BorderlineCrazy hates me because I take my shoes off :max::P.

19 hours ago, dgnr said:

Btw, @killuridols, I think we never invited you for the wedding, but you're invited. Buenos Aires. July 21st. Izzy's live performance. Don't miss it. You too @Andy14 :P

We're only invited because you want the wedding presents :max:. Btw. Hope you're finishing with your Women's Thread party invitations. The European tour is coming and Axl need a permission to party with us :smiley-confused2:.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Lol I just came across a nightmare of many of you, especially @Andy14 :ph34r:

:rofl-lol:

Hmm...

Výsledek obrázku pro computer guy gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Lol I just came across a nightmare of many of you, especially @Andy14 :ph34r:

:rofl-lol:

He has Silvio Soldán's wig :rofl-lol: Layne and Jason :wub:

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

And don't forget that @BorderlineCrazy hates me because I take my shoes off :max::P.

What? She's the one who hates you for that and thinks you're crazy. I don't take my shoes off but I'm fine with those who do. Jumping in the sofa feels better with your shoes on, though (?)

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

We're only invited because you want the wedding presents :max:. Btw. Hope you're finishing with your Women's Thread party invitations. The European tour is coming and Axl need a permission to party with us :smiley-confused2:.

Shut up and sing get us something pretty :D