GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

17 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Because you smart and know the difference no all

If things weren't allowed to be in the Internet, only because less smarter people don't understand it, the Internet would even be dumber than it is. :shrugs:

Thanks for calling me smart though! :takethat:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

If things weren't allowed to be in the Internet, only because less smarter people don't understand it, the Internet would even be dumber than it is. :shrugs:

Thanks for calling me smart though! :takethat:

Haha,true you win?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ratam said:

But no if you is Axl or Sebaştian?

Depends on how much you take yourself seriously. It is one huge mess, I don`t see it as inappropriately offensive or attacking. I would laugh hard at this if it was about me. 

AXL and Sebastian used to be goofs of that kind or listen to their telephonic chat with Howard Stern from 1991. It is the best interview both of them have ever done. I don't think they would be offended, they would laugh their ass off. 

Well, I know Baz would :ph34r:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Looool. I absolutely love those kinds of websites. And I think that Axl would laugh at it as well, he has this twisted sense of humour. It's not a crime to make fun of somebody you like, much better than insulting that person or excessively worshipping. ;)

"...the first winner of the singing marathon, where artists have to run a 40 kilometer course in under 2 hours, while singing..."

"Axl won an Olympic gold for a record breaking six foot long jump off of the stage which ended in a fan needing sixteen stitches on his neck. The medal also came with a lawsuit." 

:rofl-lol:

Edited by Andy14
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Frey said:

Not new, but I actually find it hard to read letters like this (not just from Axl, but other people's letters in general).

Stuff like

I’m reading my book and trying hard. I just took a much needed hot bath and read a little. It (the book) seems to give me new hope– I feel like maybe someone can finally help and understand me– I don’t feel so alone.

or

Thank you for coming back and also for holding me, that is one of the most important and special moments of my life.

is so intensly personal and private, it makes you want to look away.

It's Axl at his most vulnerable and it's also pretty fucking sad. Makes you wonder what he was feeling so alone about? And finally help him and understand him regarding what? His mental health issues? His childhood? Curious to know what book he was reading.

And that other sentence :unsure: Paints a picture of a very dysfunctional relationship right there. Erin probably leaving after they had a bad fight once again, then returning after all and holding and comforting Axl, even though he was likely to blame for making her leave in the first place. :unsure:

I think he probably did share a room with Izzy there, yeah.

Before they got super famous and when they first started touring, they probably had to share rooms.

Reminds me of these pics of Slash and Steven in bed, where Slash appears passed out and Steven is all over Slash. I guess they were sharing a room when these pictures were taken as well.

Room sharing politics must have been fun back then:

Izzy: "Why do I always have to share with Axl?"

Steven: "Because I'm too scared to share a room with him and you're the only one we're sure he won't kill."

Steven: "What? Why can't I share with Slash anymore?"

Duff: "Because I'm sharing with Slash from now on. Go ask Del to share with you or whoever."

Steven: :(

Obscene noises: *coming from Slash and Axl's room*

Izzy, Duff & Steven (exhausted and sleep-deprived): "Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to let Slash and Axl share rooms?! :scared: The noises! We'll never be able to un-hear this :vomit:"

:awesomeface:

HHaha how imaginative!!!!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Not new, but I actually find it hard to read letters like this (not just from Axl, but other people's letters in general).

Stuff like

I’m reading my book and trying hard. I just took a much needed hot bath and read a little. It (the book) seems to give me new hope– I feel like maybe someone can finally help and understand me– I don’t feel so alone.

or

Thank you for coming back and also for holding me, that is one of the most important and special moments of my life.

It's Axl at his most vulnerable and it's also pretty fucking sad. Makes you wonder what he was feeling so alone about? And finally help him and understand him regarding what? His mental health issues? His childhood? Curious to know what book he was reading.

And that other sentence :unsure: Paints a picture of a very dysfunctional relationship right there. Erin probably leaving after they had a bad fight once again, then returning after all and holding and comforting Axl, even though he was likely to blame for making her leave in the first place. :unsure:

I think he probably did share a room with Izzy there, yeah.

Before they got super famous and when they first started touring, they probably had to share rooms.

Reminds me of these pics of Slash and Steven in bed, where Slash appears passed out and Steven is all over Slash. I guess they were sharing a room when these pictures were taken as well.

Room sharing politics must have been fun back then:

Izzy: "Why do I always have to share with Axl?"

Steven: "Because I'm too scared to share a room with him and you're the only one we're sure he won't kill."

Steven: "What? Why can't I share with Slash anymore?"

Duff: "Because I'm sharing with Slash from now on. Go ask Del to share with you or whoever."

Steven: :(

Obscene noises: *coming from Slash and Axl's room*

Izzy, Duff & Steven (exhausted and sleep-deprived): "Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to let Slash and Axl share rooms?! :scared: The noises! We'll never be able to un-hear this :vomit:"

Somehow my first part of the post got eaten by the system. So here again:

Exactly what I feel. He seems to be so lonely, sad and vulnerable, I feel like an intruder reading his letter. And still I'm kind of glad to be able to get to know this side of Axl. As always with Axl, it makes me wanna console him and make it better... :facepalm: :lol:

And yeah, I was reading the same into those comments about Erin holding him. It's exactly what it sounds like: a dysfunctional relationship in which Erin is taking the burden of an over emotional and needy man. He might have a bad consciousness but we know he will do that or something else again. :shrugs:

But the love Axl does have for her and the way he expresses it is what I find sweet.

(Never said I'm making too much sense in regards to Axl.... :shrugs:)

---

LOOOL! Frey, you're official Slaxl King! 

Even though I find it adorable that Izzaxl shared a room during their first tours.

Makes your fantasy conversation ever more plausible though :awesomeface:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Stuff like

or

I love reading his letters to Erin!! :heart:

I feel that's the real Axl we hardly ever get to know, so blessed be Erin for putting it out for the fans to have a small glimpse of how things were.

Regarding privacy.... IMO, he's shared with the world much more private and sensitive information than this and for me, that was the hardest to read. :unsure:

About the book... Could it be that one he gave to her before one of their many breakups? I've found the girl who won the auction for that book. I need it to get it and read it too. It seems he was moved by that book.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Do you think it is the book he was reading during the time of the letter?

And what does his inscription mean, I don't get it... Was it a "goodbye" present after the relationship?

I don't know... Maybe yes, maybe not. It's just my guess.

Yes, seems like a goodbye present but who knows from which one of the several breakups :lol:

As far as I know, Axl kept sending presents to Erin up to mid 1993 or a little more.

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

I wasn't suggesting that we shouldn't post/discuss these things (I'm the last person who would argue for censorship here and that stuff is all around the internet for anyone interested to look it up anyway), I was just expressing my own personal squeamishness at seeing all these very emotional and private things written down. Feels a bit voyeuristic to me when I read it. Or maybe that's just my inner dudebro, who gets all uncomfortable at all this feelings talk :lol:

Don't worry, I also feel very uncomfortable reading such personal stuff, so I usually tend to skip it.

Our inner dudebros can be best buddies, yo, bro, dat would be hella sick! Ya' know what I'm sayin'? Dope. #Melissaapprovezzz

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Somehow my first part of the post got eaten by the system. So here again:

Exactly what I feel. He seems to be so lonely, sad and vulnerable, I feel like an intruder reading his letter. And still I'm kind of glad to be able to get to know this side of Axl. As always with Axl, it makes me wanna console him and make it better... :facepalm: :lol:

And yeah, I was reading the same into those comments about Erin holding him. It's exactly what it sounds like: a dysfunctional relationship in which Erin is taking the burden of an over emotional and needy man. He might have a bad consciousness but we know he will do that or something else again. :shrugs:

But the love Axl does have for her and the way he expresses it is what I find sweet.

(Never said I'm making too much sense in regards to Axl.... :shrugs:)

---

LOOOL! Frey, you're official Slaxl King! 

Even though I find it adorable that Izzaxl shared a room during their first tours.

Makes your fantasy conversation ever more plausible though :awesomeface:

Sorry, I didn't see that first part of your post earlier, it really must have gotten eaten.

But yeah. @Lumikki and Sinead O' Connor will be here with the soup and blankets in a minute probably. I'm sure you can join their club lol.

And well, Erin did say once that she felt sorry for him and wanted to "make it all better". Perfect set-up for a pretty co-dependent relationship there too- one person who's very emotionally needy and another one who's a care-taker. Iirc, Erin also mentioned having already been her ill mother's caretaker as a child or something, so she probably fell right back into that pattern again with Axl.

Not sure about what you mean by "we know he will do that or something else again" though. If you're referring to domestic violence, I wouldn't be so sure. As far as we know, he hasn't done anything like that in decades now.

---

I'm afraid I also don't understand what you mean by "Makes your fantasy conversation ever more plausible though :awesomeface:". How? Enlighten me please :lol:

54 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Don't worry, I also feel very uncomfortable reading such personal stuff, so I usually tend to skip it.

Our inner dudebros can be best buddies, yo, bro, dat would be hella sick! Ya' know what I'm sayin'? Dope. #Melissaapprovezzz

Lit. It's lit. At least learn the lingo if you want to join me and Melizzzzzy :max:

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

@Frey

That was a good one :lol:

Slash is His real true love N' Soulmate across time N' space but He always deny it because Him N' Slash are "No Homo'' People:max:

Yes, star-crossed lovers indeed, who failed at finding true love and happiness due to their own internalized homophobia.

Truly tragic. A love story to rival Romeo and Juliet. :no:

Why Shakespeare didn't write about Saul and William instead of those boring European teenagers, I'll never understand.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Frey said:

Sorry, I didn't see that first part of your post earlier, it really must have gotten eaten.

But yeah. @Lumikki and Sinead O' Connor will be here with the soup and blankets in a minute probably. I'm sure you can joint their club lol.

And well, Erin did say once that she felt sorry for him and wanted to "make it all better". Perfect set-up for a pretty co-dependent relationship there too- one person whose very emotionally needy and another one who's a care-taker. Iirc, Erin also mentioned having already been her ill mother's caretaker as a child or something, so she probably fell right back into that pattern again with Axl.

Not sure about what you mean by "we know he will do that or something else again" though. If you're referring to domestic violence, I wouldn't be so sure. As far as we know, he hasn't done anything like that in decades now.

---

I'm afraid I also don't understand what you mean by "Makes your fantasy conversation ever more plausible though :awesomeface:". How? Enlighten me please :lol:

Lit. It's lit. At least learn the lingo if you want to join me and Melizzzzzy :max:

Yes, star-crossed lovers indeed, who failed at finding true love and happiness due to their own internalized homophobia.

Truly tragic. A love story rival Romeo and Juliet. :no:

Why Shakespeare didn't write about Saul and William instead of those boring European teenagers, I'll never undertand.

True :max:

Hope this one isnt really tragic N' ended with Slash N' Axl officialy become Husband N' Husband Wife :max:

18094932_1248790421913452_2070707697379966976_n.jpg

Edited by SerenityScorp