GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

4 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

You want to tell me that there are no periscope streams??? :nervous: So why the hell did I open a bottle of champagne and a big bag of crisps? :popcorn::max:

Alright, let's gossip about forum members :devilshades:

Since there's no GN'R marriage and all this food and beverages we brought are not gonna walk away by themselves....

HOW ABOUT WE BOTH GET MARRIED NOW?? :smiley-confused2:

:wub:

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

You want to tell me that there are no periscope streams??? :nervous: So why the hell did I open a bottle of champagne and a big bag of crisps? :popcorn::max:

Hope you at least enjoyed them and not left open, because every day is a good day to have champagne and chips. 

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So no wedding today?? :shrugs:

What are we gonna do now? :bitchfight:

I was looking forward to the drama of Sasha, Ellen and Axl all being in the same place :lol:

So weird though, I can't see how those were real relationships. They seem like smoke screens for the fans and press :shrugs:

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I was looking forward to the drama of Sasha, Ellen and Axl all being in the same place :lol:

So weird though, I can't see how those were real relationships. They seem like smoke screens for the fans and press :shrugs:

Yesssssssss!!! :rofl-lol:

I don't know what they are.... I call them "fucks" or "shags", lol. Most of them very expensive.

It is my feeling they don't give a fuck about grandpa... None of them is holding a candle for him, they just take advantage of the money and his celebrity status to benefit themselves with whatever they get from that.

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Since there's no GN'R marriage and all this food and beverages we brought are not gonna walk away by themselves....

HOW ABOUT WE BOTH GET MARRIED NOW?? :smiley-confused2:

:wub:

I'm not gonna have a wedding as a mere alternative to Fernando's :max: :no:

And sssssh, don't talk too much about all the food and drinks, or somebody :ph34r: will notice, eat it up and we'll get "IN THIS CORNER WEIGHING IN AT 850 POUNDS- AXL AND SLASH" in Europe. :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Alja said:

Hope you at least enjoyed them and not left open, because every day is a good day to have champagne and chips. 

Nope. I'm from a poor country, I've already sold my soul to buy tickets to see the shows in July :unsure:

:rofl-lol:

8 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I'm not gonna have a wedding as a mere alternative to Fernando's :max: :no:

And sssssh, don't talk too much about all the food and drinks, or somebody :ph34r: will notice, eat it up and we'll get "IN THIS CORNER WEIGHING IN AT 850 POUNDS- AXL AND SLASH" in Europe. :ph34r:

Always an excuse to not tie the knot with me :anger:

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks @Frey, there it finally is. I am as wise as before. I don't get (these) guys. I mean, they sort of know what they did and bloody didn't care? But were somewhat "sensitive" enough to take guard with their PR stuff? I'm confused. 

Somehow this interview tells me they did sell girls. As if it slipped Izzy but he decided to give the somewhat more harmless example of stealing their money while one of them is having sex with them.

Ugh, it's really ... sleazy. Lost for words.

I think it means that *Izzy* sold girls...which really is sleazy and horrible, but would sadly have made sense because he would have already been involved with some rather criminal elements with his heroin sales. We know that Axl and Duff at least both had straight jobs. Duff in particular seemed proud of working as a cook, and Axl was at Tower long enough and was responsible enough to be made a manager. In IIRC Slash's book, he also mentions that he and Axl (and I think Duff) were film extras; they'd screw around all day and then show up at the end to get their checks, and since it was all huge crowd scenes nobody noticed.

Izzy's the only one in the band who hasn't been linked to a legal job.

There are a couple of interviews that are pretty intriguing that I have never found anywhere online. I wish they would turn up. There's one from a magazine with Beth Nussbaum as the editor/interviewer where they were totally awful, even more than this - they were talking about Steven having crabs in his cast for his broken arm, and all this other stuff. And Metal Edge did a pretty in-depth thing with them where they even got Duff talking about books.

Edited by stella
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks @Frey, there it finally is. I am as wise as before. I don't get (these) guys. I mean, they sort of know what they did and bloody didn't care? But were somewhat "sensitive" enough to take guard with their PR stuff? I'm confused. 

Somehow this interview tells me they did sell girls. As if it slipped Izzy but he decided to give the somewhat more harmless example of stealing their money while one of them is having sex with them.

Ugh, it's really ... sleazy. Lost for words.

3 hours ago, stella said:

I think it means that *Izzy* sold girls...which really is sleazy and horrible, but would sadly have made sense because he would have already been involved with some rather criminal elements with his heroin sales. We know that Axl and Duff at least both had straight jobs. Duff in particular seemed proud of working as a cook, and Axl was at Tower long enough and was responsible enough to be made a manager. In IIRC Slash's book, he also mentions that he and Axl (and I think Duff) were film extras; they'd screw around all day and then show up at the end to get their checks, and since it was all huge crowd scenes nobody noticed.

There are a couple of interviews that are pretty intriguing that I have never found anywhere online. I wish they would turn up. There's one from a magazine with Beth Nussbaum as the editor/interviewer where they were totally awful, even more than this - they were talking about Steven having crabs in his cast for his broken arm, and all this other stuff. And Metal Edge did a pretty in-depth thing with them where they even got Duff talking about books.

Slash also used to work in a clock factory or something, as well as the newsstand thing where he spent most of his time on the phone doing band business. And he also worked with Axl at tower for some time.

Do you still have these magazines, stella? If yes, you could take pictures of the articles and upload them here. Because you're right, I don't recall ever seeing anything like you describe online.

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe Marilyn Manson and @Blackstar are right and this is the reason why they seem like smoke screens:

(dragging this over from the Charles Manson thread because it made me lol):

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:
11 hours ago, RONIN said:
When did this meeting take place?

When I met him, that was before Portrait came out, it was before I was fined? I think. It was when I did the Gave Up video with Trent. Quite honestly -- and I’m not insinuating anything -- but at the time I was a little uncomfortable. He didn’t really know me, and he’s like, “Hey I will fly you out to LA. You can play guitar in my video and you can stay with me.” I said I don’t play guitar, that’s ok man don’t worry about it. I felt like I could have woken up with a sore anus, but I didn’t, the jury’s out on that one.. I am not suggesting anything. At the time I was a little intimidated, but then when I got there I realized I’m a good 4ft taller than him, so it was fine.

What? :rofl-lol: I can't stop laughing :rofl-lol: If there is any truth to what Manson implied here, the only thing I can say is that Axl had a very bad taste (in contrast to his taste on women) :lol:

------

On a serious note, Marilyn Manson calling anyone else pretentious is the pot calling the kettle black.

I just said the same thing in an earlier post, but I'll say it again: Marilyn Manson is such a tool.

Like @Blackstar says, if Axl is indeed bi/gay like MM is implying here, than I sure hope he would have better taste than to go after that ugly moron.

I'm not exactly an expert on what dudes who are into other dudes are into, but there's got to be better guys out there than MM. Have some self respect, Axl!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, stella said:

Ugh... This is so horrible, I have no words. I wonder why this interview manifests for me that he really did sell women. It is the way the treat the issue and how they all try to not talk about it. To me that is far more awful then selling heroin, even though that already is really criminal and cold blooded. But selling girls? Wow. Far more personal level and a deep personal responsibility. I wonder if he ever cared for those women after he got famous and/or sober. He should pay them a rent or something. But I guess he doesnt. :(:no:

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Slash also used to work in a clock factory or something, as well as the newsstand thing where he spent most of his time on the phone doing band business. And he also worked with Axl at tower for some time.

Do you still have these magazines, stella? If yes, you could take pictures of the articles and upload them here. Because you're right, I don't recall ever seeing anything like you describe online.

That's right - and Axl and one of the others also did a study at UCLA for money, and Steven had a billion jobs, like delivering pizza, from what I remember reading.

Oh, if I still had those magazines I'd scan them and upload the images in a hot second. I was in elementary school at the time, and they were read to pieces and then thrown away, sadly. I really wish I did hang onto them. I do have some interesting stuff form UYI era that I should really upload here, but even then I didn't save any of the magazines. I wish I'd hung onto RIP, at least. They had a great article once on Lita Ford and Doro Pesch, and a really chilling one about the death of Andrew Wood from Mother Love Bone. And a few mothers of the rock stars did an advice column.

Edited by stella

13 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Ugh... This is so horrible, I have no words. I wonder why this interview manifests for me that he really did sell women. It is the way the treat the issue and how they all try to not talk about it. To me that is far more awful then selling heroin, even though that already is really criminal and cold blooded. But selling girls? Wow. Far more personal level and a deep personal responsibility. I wonder if he ever cared for those women after he got famous and/or sober. He should pay them a rent or something. But I guess he doesnt. :(:no:

I agree. It's exploiting other human beings in a particularly brutal way. Especially since pimps are known for being cruel and threatening, it makes my skin crawl. Everything that has been mentioned about Izzy being very evasive and cagey really takes on more of a sinister air with that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stella said:

I agree. It's exploiting other human beings in a particularly brutal way. Especially since pimps are known for being cruel and threatening, it makes my skin crawl. Everything that has been mentioned about Izzy being very evasive and cagey really takes on more of a sinister air with that.

:( I want to cry.

@Tori72 Don't feel bad, not worth it. Izzy and Axl have done some seriously fucked up, horrible shit in their lives, and Slash and Steven have been involved in or are guilty of some pretty awful things as well. The only one who gets a pass as a decent human being is Duff (as far as we know).

On ‎03‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 0:46 AM, killuridols said:

Because I wanna read all my German admired people in their original language. Translations from German are not as accurate as they could be since there are words that are so hard to explain in other languages. I understand some and I have studied the meaning of some concepts, but that's all I can do.

Reading Kafka and other people would be a dream I wouldn't achieve as a beginner anyway!

You can always ask me or any of the other German speakers here if you have a question about anything :P  Or Andy :ph34r:

On ‎01‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 6:57 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Lumikki I wondered why I couldn't find a mygnr version of the interview, if newgnr had it you could be sure mygnr would too due to the amount of people who posted on both boards.. and the rivalry between them :lol: 

I wonder who it was that demanded the pictures be removed, TB? I don't think it was Axl himself because they say 'someone posing as Rose' so that makes me think it was TB trying to make sure he doesn't see it or people straight out dismiss what she says. I did think a lot about posting it partly because of the pregnancy part, maybe he doesn't know about it still because he's been "blocked" from seeing it. And I know that sounds ridiculous but then I think about other things TB have "shielded" him from and I wonder. 

I have no idea about the pictures. I actually don't remember any pictures being posted with that article back then. So maybe they got taken down really quickly. :question:

And well, TB block him from a lot of things, so I guess it's possible he hasn't seen it, yeah. Had forgotten about that for a moment there.

4 hours ago, Frey said:
14 hours ago, Blackstar said:
16 hours ago, RONIN said:
When did this meeting take place?

When I met him, that was before Portrait came out, it was before I was fined? I think. It was when I did the Gave Up video with Trent. Quite honestly -- and I’m not insinuating anything -- but at the time I was a little uncomfortable. He didn’t really know me, and he’s like, “Hey I will fly you out to LA. You can play guitar in my video and you can stay with me.” I said I don’t play guitar, that’s ok man don’t worry about it. I felt like I could have woken up with a sore anus, but I didn’t, the jury’s out on that one.. I am not suggesting anything. At the time I was a little intimidated, but then when I got there I realized I’m a good 4ft taller than him, so it was fine.

What? :rofl-lol: I can't stop laughing :rofl-lol: If there is any truth to what Manson implied here, the only thing I can say is that Axl had a very bad taste (in contrast to his taste on women) :lol:

------

On a serious note, Marilyn Manson calling anyone else pretentious is the pot calling the kettle black.

I just said the same thing in an earlier post, but I'll say it again: Marilyn Manson is such a tool.

Like @Blackstar says, if Axl is indeed bi/gay like MM is implying here, than I sure hope he would have better taste than to go after that ugly moron.

I'm not exactly an expert on what dudes who are into other dudes are into, but there's got to be better guys out there than MM. Have some self respect, Axl!

Pfffff.... Marilyn Manson can only dream of Axl being into him like that.

That is such a pathetic (and rather homophobic) attempt at trying to make himself look cool by Marilyn Manson :facepalm:

(And I agree: Aim higher, Axl! Tons of better guys out there than this guy :awesomeface:)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stella said:

I had never thought about it like that, but it really is interesting that we know about all of them having acceptable, legal jobs back then (I'll take your word for it in Steven's case), except for Izzy, yeah :unsure:

14 hours ago, Frey said:

Speaking of articles... Came across this recently. @Tori72 It's the original interview where Izzy said the "selling women" thing.

What did you do for money before Geffen kindly forwarded you an advance?

"G-I-R-L-S," Steven laughs.

Izzy: "Sold drugs, sold girls, sold, uh.. we just got it. We managed. In the beginning we'd throw parties and ransack the girl's purse while one of the guys was with her."

Slash: "Not being sexist or anything, but it's fucking amazing how much abuse girls will take."

"Slash!" Izzy winces.

"He does it purposely," says Axl with more than a hint of weariness. He attempts to clear the air with a change of subject. [...]

Slash :facepalm: Can't decide who's worse here, Izzy or Slash. But it's funny that Izzy reacts scandalized at Slash's comment after what he himself just said :facepalm:

(And Axl being the sane one who's weary of their shit doesn't make a whole lot of a sense either lol...)

Slash wins the award for worst asshole in this one, for the additional homophobic comment earlier on in the interview :awesomeface:

That, combined with the abuse comment is enough to put him in the lead...

14 hours ago, Frey said:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/ce541bc42436c2bcb183f056abe6abb9/tumblr_opaarn8dGa1vkt6tqo1_1280.jpg

Okay...

I realize Axl is supposed to look tough and cool here, but to me he just looks like such a tiny little peanut there :lol:

Like a little boy sitting on his father's motorbike or something :P

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Frey said:

Maybe Marilyn Manson and @Blackstar are right and this is the reason why they seem like smoke screens:

(dragging this over from the Charles Manson thread because it made me lol):

You don't think Axl and MM would make a cute couple? :awesomeface: 

I do like a lot of Mansons music, hence why I have been to see him a few times, all of which have been very terrible lol. He does say sarcastic crap in his interviews quite a lot, didn't he once say Axl accused him of stealing his energy? :lol: 

He has also said good things about Axl too, I read in Kerrang once how he thought Axl is THE ultimate front man and he did take a lot of influence from him and in particular the way Axl sings. He said 'if there was no Axl then there would be no Marilyn Manson' more or less those exact words.

About the smoke screen thing, I really do feel those "relationships" are just that but for what reason I don't know, it's just so so strange :question:  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

@Tori72 Don't feel bad, not worth it. Izzy and Axl have done some seriously fucked up, horrible shit in their lives, and Slash and Steven have been involved in or are guilty of some pretty awful things as well. The only one who gets a pass as a decent human being is Duff (as far as we know).

Thanks. :hug:

I know they did fucked up shit but I didn't know that. I feel really put down by it today as I knew I would. Pathetic but :shrugs:

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Okay...

I realize Axl is supposed to look tough and cool here, but to me he just looks like such a tiny little peanut there :lol:

Like a little boy sitting on his father's motorbike or something :P

:awesomeface: Same thoughts here. I actually thought he looks so fucking proud of himself to come across so badass and be sitting on this huge motorcycle. But inside he still is the little munchkin from Indiana. And it shows. :lol:

About MMs suggesting Axl's gay (don't know how to quote as @Lumikki did above):  LOL. Makes my day :rofl-lol: 

• Like 1

Oh my god! :confused:

Am I nuts or what but I feel like most of your are overreacting to some things?

First of all, the Marilyn Manson comment sound to me like a giant joke made in his usual MM style. I wouldn't take it's seriously like that. And even though it is funny as hell, it goes along with other comments some other guys who've known Axl before have done. Probably it isn't true in the case of Marilyn but he made that joke for a reason, I think. He must have heard something.

About Izzy and legal jobs, LMAO, apart from Duff (and as far as we know) none of them ever cared for having a decent job or actually working. Axl hardly ever worked, please, he was always maintained by women and did ocassional jobs just to get a bit more money but ever since he arrived to L.A., he lives in the couches of other people or his girlfriends and they were the ones doing the hard work, not him. :lol:

Now I'm not sure what selling women means to you... Is it human trafficking or prostitution?

If it's the first, I find it a bit unrealistic that he could do that and then get out of it unscathered, especially since he became a worldwide known musician.

---

@Lumikki thanks! I always ask you questions but I need to read whole books so my question is... can I have the part of your brain where you have the German language stored transferred to mine? :awesomeface:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Nope. I'm from a poor country, I've already sold my soul to buy tickets to see the shows in July :unsure:

:rofl-lol:

How about a tasty beer (still good ratio salary-beer there, I hope)? With you soul sold you don`t have to maintain that champagne nobility anymore. I am ginger, I had to work my ass off for tickets. 

*with good contract you could maybe bath in Dom Perignon

Edited by Alja

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

Oh my god! :confused:

Am I nuts or what but I feel like most of your are overreacting to some things?

First of all, the Marilyn Manson comment sound to me like a giant joke made in his usual MM style. I wouldn't take it's seriously like that. And even though it is funny as hell, it goes along with other comments some other guys who've known Axl before have done. Probably it isn't true in the case of Marilyn but he made that joke for a reason, I think. He must have heard something.

Yes, you are nuts :awesomeface:

I see people here just poking fun at MM's dumb comment. I mostly think it's funny (in a gross way, because the mental images are :scared:) and kinda lame lol. Anyway, what other comments by what other guys? What do you think he must have heard? :popcorn:

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

About Izzy and legal jobs, LMAO, apart from Duff (and as far as we know) none of them ever cared for having a decent job or actually working. Axl hardly ever worked, please, he was always maintained by women and did ocassional jobs just to get a bit more money but ever since he arrived to L.A., he lives in the couches of other people or his girlfriends and they were the ones doing the hard work, not him. :lol:

Now I'm not sure what selling women means to you... Is it human trafficking or prostitution?

If it's the first, I find it a bit unrealistic that he could do that and then get out of it unscathered, especially since he became a worldwide known musician.

Prostitution. Izzy was a small scale criminal, as you said, it's highly unrealistic he would have been involved in actual human trafficking.

What I imagine they did is this: He/they probably asked or talked some of their stripper friends (and other girls in less than ideal living situations) into sleeping with this guy or that guy (maybe while the girls were drunk or high), and the guy would then give money to him/them afterwards. Still incredibly shitty and fucked up, but I can't picture them/Izzy doing anything more organized than that (i.e. acting like actual pimps with a bunch of women constantly working for them in some kind of structured setting).

Another possibility: He might also have asked his girlfriends to make some money for them both to sustain their habit. I could easily picture an arrangement like that with Izzy and Desi for example. They were both drug addicts and a young drug addicted girl like Desi was could probably be talked into doing something like that out of "love" or if their drug supply ran low or something.

As for Axl and the rest having jobs: Well, I actually agree with what you said, but Axl, Slash and Duff at least have a number of legal jobs they can point to and claim they worked. And Axl can't have been totally awful at his Tower video job if they made him manager (granted, doesn't necessarily have to mean much, but it's something at least). What I'm saying is, they all at least have some excuse and legal jobs that they can name if necessary. But Izzy doesn't even have that. It seems like he sustained himself entirely by engaging in really messed up activities right until they got famous.

Which frankly is a bit baffling to me. He seemed like he was a good kid back in Lafayette (comparatively...), and he seems like a good guy now. And yes, drugs will make people do questionable things, but most drug addicts don't turn into heroin dealers and "pimps". Basically I'm wondering how he got into all of this in the first place.

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You don't think Axl and MM would make a cute couple? :awesomeface: 

I do like a lot of Mansons music, hence why I have been to see him a few times, all of which have been very terrible lol. He does say sarcastic crap in his interviews quite a lot, didn't he once say Axl accused him of stealing his energy? :lol: 

He has also said good things about Axl too, I read in Kerrang once how he thought Axl is THE ultimate front man and he did take a lot of influence from him and in particular the way Axl sings. He said 'if there was no Axl then there would be no Marilyn Manson' more or less those exact words.

About the smoke screen thing, I really do feel those "relationships" are just that but for what reason I don't know, it's just so so strange :question:  

No. No I don't. I really, really don't :scared::vomit::lol:

And I feel like Axl has accused a lot of people of stealing his energy lol. My first thought when I read that was Courtney Love, I think he said the same thing about her.

Yeah, it doesn't really make any sense. The most common reasons for "fake relationships", "beards" or escorts are usually because

1) someone wants to hide that they're gay

or

2) it's a publicity stunt

Neither of these apply to Axl (most likely). I mean unless the Slaxl fanatics, Alan Niven, MM and the mysterious other people @killuridols mentioned are actually right, Axl is probably straight. And publicity? He doesn't want that and he wouldn't get any by dating people like Sasha anyway, since no one gives much of a fuck anymore about who he is dating to begin with and dating a completely unknown Ukrainian "model" certainly doesn't help either :lol:

So what gives? Maybe he feels that a huge ass rock star like him can't be seen without a pretty woman by his side or something. :question: Especially since he used to date super models and all kinds of other pretty girls back in the day. So maybe he just wants to keep up appearances or something...

Edited by Frey
  • Like 4