GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

6 minutes ago, warrocks said:

Sebastian also said he couldn't believe, when he got into the limo , axl was listening to WASP loudly and had caviar :lol:... That's what I remember. 

I wish He said tht He couldnt believe it He saw Slash N'Axl alone together in limo sitting side by side :awesomeface:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I've known this for a while but when I discovered he liked her I was like :wow: "first time Axl likes something modern that I like as well!!" :lol: and then I could see all the connections, especially to her first and second album.

I recommend anyone who wants to dig a bit more, to listen to "Tidal" and the rape song is "Sullen Girl" :unsure: and I hope you have the guts to not want to jump off a cliff after listening to it.

My admiration for the way she wrote that is so so big that I can just sit down and cry. The metaphor she uses to put her broken heart in words is so precious, so exquisite, how can someone transform such an awful horrible experience into such an incredible song with those words..... I know I could spend hours talking to Axl about Fiona's music, all her lyrics and dense songs, it would be an Emo Fest!! :lol:

Fiona Apple gave me major feels whenever I listened to her music. I agree that her songs are all so heavy and emotional. Tori Amos and Sarah Mclachlan move me on the same level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

JnDTuoy.gif

Lol :awesomeface:

giphy.gif

:smiley-confused2:

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

Oh, thank you :cry:

You must be the only one who thinks like that, lol. Everybody else thinks I'm a critter hater of Axl :lol:

Anyway, after some hours of sleep, I agree with all of you that it is amazing Axl is out and about doing MUSIC things!

I really hope he starts liking this again and puts himself out in shows but also in recorded music :unsure: because in the end, that's gonna be his legacy. Performances are kind of ephemeral.

But I'm not in Axl's somewhat age! :facepalm: :lol:

Although, I surely know how to show him his place, which is by Erin's side :heart:.

No, I don't think it's good for Axl to go back to the groupies, strippers and that kind of people.... They have nothing to do with him anymore. I don't like Michelle Young, nor Adriana Smith, Barbi, Pamela, Giuliana and all that bunch of.... ugh, I want him with someone good, strong, educated, with class, somewhat his age (lol), who can love him but also have her independent life being a great woman on her own... (meaning all things Erin is :ph34r:)

Fiona became popular in 1996 with her debut album "Tidal". I guess by that time Axl was going through various changes, crisis and losses in his life.

Fiona's music is kind of depressive, at least her first two albums, but especially her first one deals with the sexual abuse she suffered when she was 12 years old. She has this song that is...omg... I can't begin to describe the power of the lyrics to that song, the subtlety she masters to give account of her pain, of the consequences of this abuse. I think Axl might have felt very touched by her story and the music she's written out of that.

He's mentioned her many times as an artist he admires and I can totally see why, me being a huge fan of Fiona. She's not too easy to dig and most people label her as a feminist bitch but I love her and all the female musicians that surfaced during her time. Another great one from that era are Tori Amos and Ani Di Franco.

Woooow!! :wow:

I really hope someone cooked a duet of Axl and Pink while they were there! 

I'd like to see Axl keep collaborating with his own heroes but he should know he is the hero of many younger musicians and I would love and prefer that he honors a younger artist or maybe someone from his own generation.

I always thought of you as a big fangirl with a critical, feminist mind. I know you love him and his music even though you hate a lot of things he did, said, etc. Don't know if I'm right about that but that's my impression so far. 

About the age thing - please I never meant you were around his age. I guess you must be more than 15 years younger but if he cannot get a woman around his age +- 8 years, than you'd be a good catch for him. :D 

I don't wanna see him with Erin though. I don't think he'd be good for her, just a gut feeling there of course. She comes around as still emotionally touchy and sensitive and their history is too complicated and - well - violent.

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Fiona Apple gave me major feels whenever I listened to her music. I agree that her songs are all so heavy and emotional. Tori Amos and Sarah Mclachlan move me on the same level.

I used to dig Tori Amos a lot too and will listen to more older stuff from Fiona Apple. It is very likely what @killuridols and @Frey  wrote about her music. Even though I always have to think about what Axl did to his women and I wonder if those kind of lyrics make him think about what he did to them or if he is only being egocentric about those things. :shrugs:

Edited by Tori72

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Lol :awesomeface:

giphy.gif

I always thought of you as a big fangirl with a critical, feminist mind. I know you love him and his music even though you hate a lot of things he did, said, etc. Don't know if I'm right about that but that's my impression so far. 

About the age thing - please I never meant you were around his age. I guess you must be more than 15 years younger but if he cannot get a woman around his age +- 8 years, than you'd be a good catch for him. :D 

I don't wanna see him with Erin though. I don't think he'd be good for her, just a gut feeling there of course. She comes around as still emotionally touchy and sensitive and their history is too complicated and - well - violent.

I used to dig Tori Amos a lot too and will listen to more older stuff from Fiona Apple. It is very likely what @killuridols and @Frey  wrote about her music. Even though I always have to think about what Axl did to his women and I wonder if those kind of lyrics make him think about what he did to them or if he is only being egocentric about those things. :shrugs:

I think he was probably regretful about the way he may have treated them, which would explain a lot imo.

2 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I think he was probably regretful about the way he may have treated them, which would explain a lot imo.

What makes you think that? I never found any traits of that, really. I wish I had though ... 

41 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

You may be right about I's :awesomeface:

LOL, I know. I was just fooling around and yes, I'm old like that but I'm not a good catch for anyone :lol: or not for Axl, I guess, I'm a mess with lots of issues just like him and we would just be like :bitchfight: day and night.

About Erin... *sigh*.... don't mind me.... I've gone too far with that. I better STFU.

51 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

It is very likely what @killuridols and @Frey  wrote about her music. Even though I always have to think about what Axl did to his women and I wonder if those kind of lyrics make him think about what he did to them or if he is only being egocentric about those things. :shrugs:

Probably it has made him reflect on it but I don't know.... The lyrics to Sullen Girl are gender neutral, in my opinion, and anyone can relate to them if they've been abused but if you have not, there's so much to learn from them that it takes your breath away with their beauty.

I also think he may relate to her in other levels, as an artist, a rebel, as someone who protested being awarded by MTV, the pain that is in her voice and of course, the lyrics, all lyrics, she's so talented...:drool:

Here's a great article and interview from Rolling Stone with Fiona, year 1998, everything you need to know about her as a new artist in the mid 90s is pretty much condensed in this story:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/fiona-the-caged-bird-sings-19980122

And here's an outstanding performance:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

What makes you think that? I never found any traits of that, really. I wish I had though ... 

All of the implied introspection....getting inside his own head and realizing something wasn't working for whatever reason he couldn't grasp. But then again I could be way off. But I don't think he was particularly proud of the pain he inflicted in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

All of the implied introspection....getting inside his own head and realizing something wasn't working for whatever reason he couldn't grasp. But then again I could be way off. But I don't think he was particularly proud of the pain he inflicted in the past.

I get this general impression too, but please don't anyone ask me to provide concrete proof cause I got nuthin' :lol:  Just the general fact that you can't really go so deep into finding out what makes you tick and why you may be the way you are, and searching for answers to deep questions, without examining your own role and actions and mistakes. It's next to impossible I would think.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

You may be right about I's :awesomeface:

LOL, I know. I was just fooling around and yes, I'm old like that but I'm not a good catch for anyone :lol: or not for Axl, I guess, I'm a mess with lots of issues just like him and we would just be like :bitchfight: day and night.

About Erin... *sigh*.... don't mind me.... I've gone too far with that. I better STFU.

Probably it has made him reflect on it but I don't know.... The lyrics to Sullen Girl are gender neutral, in my opinion, and anyone can relate to them if they've been abused but if you have not, there's so much to learn from them that it takes your breath away with their beauty.

I also think he may relate to her in other levels, as an artist, a rebel, as someone who protested being awarded by MTV, the pain that is in her voice and of course, the lyrics, all lyrics, she's so talented...:drool:

Here's a great article and interview from Rolling Stone with Fiona, year 1998, everything you need to know about her as a new artist in the mid 90s is pretty much condensed in this story:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/fiona-the-caged-bird-sings-19980122

And here's an outstanding performance:

Fiona Apple is one sensitive women, yers ago cancelled tour in South America because his dog was moribound??

Susan's instagram posts (which I don't know how to copy and paste here) make me feel all warm and fuzzy. 

We may not see Axl going out to dinner with them all, hanging out, sightseeing, etc etc, but the way they support him and cheer him on.. that's what close friends do :wub:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Susan's instagram posts (which I don't know how to copy and paste here) make me feel all warm and fuzzy. 

We may not see Axl going out to dinner with them all, hanging out, sightseeing, etc etc, but the way they support him and cheer him on.. that's what close friends do :wub:

Yes,Duff and Susan  seem 2 good persone?

• Like 1

Yiss!!! I just cant stop watching those videos and thanking Susan for being so cool to Axl :unsure:

She wrote ROSE BROS, omgomgomgomg :dance:

And all the emojis and cool things she posted just warmed my black cold heart :lol:

I want to see more backstage pics of Axl with Billy, Duff and Pink!!!

pleeeease :drool:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I just can't stop watching the videos today. I'm like :drool::wow::dance:

But now I want mooooore. :max: This teasing only provokes my appetite for :axl92::slash::duff:

Gimme more songs, more shows, more pics or...

Související obrázek

Sorry for the emojis, I'm just trying to make up for the lack of emoticons in Axl's latest tweets :ph34r:

I hear ya! I have watched those clips of Axl from last night's show more times than I can count. He sounded and looked so damn good. omg.:drool:

Countdown to the tour is ON! Less than 2 weeks! woot-woot!!!!!! :thumbsup::headbang:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I hear ya! I have watched those clips of Axl from last night's show more times than I can count. He sounded and looked so damn good. omg.:drool:

Countdown to the tour is ON! Less than 2 weeks! woot-woot!!!!!! :thumbsup::headbang:

That smile at the end of Big Shot...:drool:

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

The owner of the famous Hollywood bar THE RAINBOW BAR & GRILL, Mario Maglieri, passed away on May 4th, 2017.
It seems Axl and GN'R sent in some flowers that are now in the dinning room of the place, as a memorial.

That's a really nice thing to do, it obviously meant a lot to the mans family and friends.