GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, Frey said:

That story about WASP being all grossed out by Izzy's "herpes" face is a great one though :lol:

And they cared because gaaaaayyyyy.

They had probably just barely managed to wrap their heads around these lyrics and accepted how gay they were, and then their view of the world was shaken again when they found out those lyrics were written by a woman :awesomeface:

If that is enough to shock and confuse Mr. Stradlin and Mr. Rose, I'd love to see their faces when they find out about all the gay fan fiction out there. Written by women lol.

I laughed so much at this. Haha. Hilarious. That confusion with WASP must have been mind blowing for little shits of homophobes like them. 

And oh would i LOVE to see those faces when they first read gay FF about themselves. Hahaha. I hope they did, I really do. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I listened to ELO's first two albums, now I'm into the third one (I only knew some of their later popular songs until now). I liked their debut album with the original lineup quite a bit, it has a Beatles vibe. The second one... is of that grandiose 70s prog rock kind, with looong complicated compositions and orchestration (I'm sure @Darkenchantress would love it :lol:) with many things going on that you lose it , although there are some beautiful parts ... and it has a version of Roll Over Beethoven, kind of a mashup of Chuck Berry and... Beethoven - horrible :lol:

67538966.jpg

But I must say I love some long things, though. :awesomeface:

• Like 1

What is a 'Big Shot'? :question:

Do you guys think Axl chose that song or was it Billy's suggestion? The lyrics remind me a bit of that other AC/DC song Axl introduced last year as being a reflection of his sad love life.... What was the name again?

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What is a 'Big Shot'? :question:

Do you guys think Axl chose that song or was it Billy's suggestion? The lyrics remind me a bit of that other AC/DC song Axl introduced last year as being a reflection of his sad love life.... What was the name again?

Shot down in flames, Prague. Also Whole Lotta Rosie is often introduced as love song.

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

Somebody who is important or high up in their profession.

Oh, thank you! :o

umm... Does these lyrics remind him of Stephanie then? :smiley-confused2:

1 minute ago, Alja said:

Shot down in flames, Prague. Also Whole Lotta Rosie is often introduced as love song.

Ah, yeah, that one! Shot down in flames :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

I kinda think to use this descriptions you have to have repeated experience. 

I think Bon Scott`s AC/DC fits Axl more than Brian`s because he is way more playful and goofy

5 minutes ago, Alja said:

I kinda think to use this descriptions you have to have repeated experience. 

I think Bon Scott`s AC/DC fits Axl more than Brian`s because he is way more playful and goofy

I'm talking about the Billy Joel's song

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I'm talking about the Billy Joel's song

Happens, I was talking about his introduction to AC/DC`s Shot down in flames. Sincerely I found out that any Billy Joel exists like three days ago

Internets also don`t provide info about any other "shot down in flames" song. Songs are here to bring feelings, not to overanalyze. Don`t hurt art by autopsy, enjoy. I was there in Prague dancing my ass off on AC/DC and I think Bon Scott era fits Axl more. That`s all. 

Edited by Alja

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

A3gOu4a.gif

Yeah, exactly. :awesomeface: #bonergate 

:rofl-lol: Great minds think alike 

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Sorry, the lyrics of Big Shot remind me of Axl himself. I don't see any connection to Stephanie Seymour here.  Maybe Axl is capable of self irony ( is that even a word?)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Stephanie? I don't know where you guys are getting Stephanie/cocaine addicted women women from :lol:

IF Axl was the one who chose that song, I think he was most likely poking fun at himself. In a self-depreciating sort of way, you know. Axl is the one who absolutely had to be a big shot here.

10 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I laughed so much at this. Haha. Hilarious. That confusion with WASP must have been mind blowing for little shits of homophobes like them. 

And oh would i LOVE to see those faces when they first read gay FF about themselves. Hahaha. I hope they did, I really do. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

10 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Izzy probably read FF after We talking about Ff on Wacky thread:ph34r:

Could You explain to Me about Izzy ,Axl N'Accept lyrics:cry:

@Tori72 What? :lol: What does the WASP story have to do with homophobia? You're confusing me lol.

This is all getting confusing, so listen up, @SerenityScorp:

There are 2 different stories that have been brought up in the last pages. I don't remember all the details anymore, because it's been a while since I listened to that interview, but they went something like this:

Story 1: "Herpes Izzy"

Izzy was driving around crazily in cornfields somewhere (maybe in Indiana), but then he hit a ditch. The car's airbags went off and hit Izzy in the face of course. He had abrasions all over his face from that and they apparently looked like Herpes. I think Axl said Izzy's face looked like one big scab.

So during the recording of UYI they were in New York and went to meet WASP. At some point Izzy left the room and Axl told the story of Izzy's accident. And the guys in WASP were really relieved because they thought Izzy had like the worst case of herpes they'd ever seen.

Story 2: "Izzy learns a shocking truth about women"

During the interview, Baz's phone started ringing and his ring tone was "Balls to the Wall" by Accept. Accept is a metal band that had/has (?? I don't really know shit about them) kind of a gay reputation because they had some gay song lyrics and album covers. So the guys there were like "WTF Baz has an Accept ring tone? That's so gay lol".

This reminded Axl of a time when he hung out with Izzy in New York (sounded kinda recent iirc, so around 2006) and Izzy was kinda freaked out because he had just learned that all these gay lyrics were written by a woman (by the wife of one of the guys in Accept I think). Izzy, who is apparently easily freaked out, just had to share this shocking discovery with Axl. Who then shared this story on the radio interview.

10 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I'm evil enough to hope they did as well. It would be freaking hilarious to watch.

For epic awkwardness and even more hilarity points, make them read it together. So if you've got some nice steamy (or maybe puke-inducingly romantic and sugary) Slaxl fan fiction, make Axl and Slash read it together. If you've got Izzy and Axl being childhood sweethearts, make Izzy and Axl read it together. Same goes for Sluff and so on (I assume they probably get paired up in all possible variants, yeah?). I imagine this would make for great entertainment, much more so than the boring interviews about Seattle traffic or coffee or whatever the fuck :awesomeface::devilshades:

I'll end this gay post on a musical note :awesomeface:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

According to some Billy wrote that song "Big Shot" about Bianca Jagger...

In an interview in 2006, Billy Joel said, "I read that the song 'Big Shot' is said to be about a date I had with Bianca Jagger. I never had a date with Bianca Jagger." But in an interview with Howard Stern on November 16, 2010, Joel admitted that the song was written after having dinner with Mick andBianca Jagger.

• Like 2

Honestly, I think he did Big Shot because it is bang in the middle of the encore and that's the perfect time to bring him back out and you need a kind of more edgier song than Uptown Girl for Axl Rose, don't you? :lol: That's all. 

Still, the song would be a perfect SS song :P

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Frey said:

Stephanie? I don't know where you guys are getting Stephanie/cocaine addicted women women from :lol:

IF Axl was the one who chose that song, I think he was most likely poking fun at himself. In a self-depreciating sort of way, you know. Axl is the one who absolutely had to be a big shot here.

Yup. That's what I thought. Have some genderfluidity for today Axl. He can identifiy with coke snorting women nowadays. :awesomeface:

10 minutes ago, Frey said:

@Tori72 What? :lol: What does the WASP story have to do with homophobia? You're confusing me lol.

Ooopsie. My bad. Confused WASP with Accept.

10 minutes ago, Frey said:

I'm evil enough to hope they did as well. It would be freaking hilarious to watch.

For epic awkwardness and even more hilarity points, make them read it together. So if you've got some nice steamy (or maybe puke-inducingly romantic and sugary) Slaxl fan fiction, make Axl and Slash read it together. If you've got Izzy and Axl being childhood sweethearts, make Izzy and Axl read it together. Same goes for Sluff and so on (I assume they probably get paired up in all possible variants, yeah?). I imagine this would make for great entertainment, much more so than the boring interviews about Seattle traffic or coffee or whatever the fuck :awesomeface::devilshades:

LOL 

Am in evil mode today. Funniest thing I heard / read today. :facepalm::D

Could be a good idea for another FF actually ...

Anyway, just read the lyrics to Balls to the Wall. Apart from the title which is hilarious I don't find any gayness in them. So, where is the gayness stuff coming from?!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Honestly, I think he did Big Shot because it is bang in the middle of the encore and that's the perfect time to bring him back out and you need a kind of more edgier song than Uptown Girl for Axl Rose, don't you? :lol: That's all. 

And plus it fits his deep deep voice! I think he did a great version of it. WTG Axl! :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes!! He did!! And I like the story in the other thread about how nervous he was.

He needs to use that voice more often, it's amazing :wub: 

Yeah that story was sweet :heart:...he hides his nervousness well. He and Billy looked confident and happy onstage together. Loved it!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You're most likely right about timing being the main factor here, but I disagree about the bolded :awesomeface: I'd pay money to watch Axl sing something dumb and cheerful like Uptown Girl. Just for the LOL factor of it all. Apparently I'm all about the lolz today :lol::facepalm:

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

According to some Billy wrote that song "Big Shot" about Bianca Jagger...

In an interview in 2006, Billy Joel said, "I read that the song 'Big Shot' is said to be about a date I had with Bianca Jagger. I never had a date with Bianca Jagger." But in an interview with Howard Stern on November 16, 2010, Joel admitted that the song was written after having dinner with Mick andBianca Jagger.

So it's a song about Bianca and/or Mick Jagger then. Mystery solved :thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

LOL 

Am in evil mode today. Funniest thing I heard / read today. :facepalm::D

Could be a good idea for another FF actually ...

Anyway, just read the lyrics to Balls to the Wall. Apart from the title which is hilarious I don't find any gayness in them. So, where is the gayness stuff coming from?!

The lyrics to the song I posted above are pretty damn gay if sung by a man:

Everyone is telling me that he was born as a love child
By looking in his eyes something turned me lose in this hot night

Feeling the power of lust when the guy's passing by
Wrecking one's brain and I'm going insane don't know why

I can feel your sex winding up a girl in the red dress
And my brain is gone, what is going on, I'm burning inside

A love child, running wild
A love child
A love child - love child

I gotta tell myself that he was born as a love child
And the story of his way should not make me stay in this hot night

A love child
A love child - love child

Don't know what I am
A woman or a man
Many troubles behind me
I'm doing all I can
But I'm what I am
Leave me alone - don't mistreat me

I also remember Axl (who, along with Izzy, is  apparently an expert on all things Accept for whatever reasons :suspicious::awesomeface:) mentioning another Accept song during the interview- "London Leather Boys". I'm too lazy to look up that song as well, but between the lyrics above, song titles like "London Leather Boys" and "Balls To The Wall" and album artwork like the one appearing in the Love Child video I posted, it's not hard to see where the gay thing comes from lol.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 3