GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 minutes ago, money honey said:

It's been lovely weather here for the past week or so, with the exception of one rainy day.

You know the weather in this part of the world though, that could all change by this day next week!

Hopefully the ground won't be too muddy then, I'm guessing they don't go the expense of putting pitch covers on when there's no pitch to protect. They normally just chuck a load of sand on top and hope for the best a la Donington!

Im actually hoping for shit weather for London, I don't do very well in the sun :lol:

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Hopefully the ground won't be too muddy then, I'm guessing they don't go the expense of putting pitch covers on when there's no pitch to protect. They normally just chuck a load of sand on top and hope for the best a la Donington!

Im actually hoping for shit weather for London, I don't do very well in the sun :lol:

Only a few weeks for you guys too! :headbang:

I'm not good in the sun either - or rain for that matter - in fact I'm not much of an outdoorsy type in general ... The gig will be the longest time I've spent outdoors since last summer!! I'd only do it for GNR :heart:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, money honey said:

Only a few weeks for you guys too! :headbang:

I'm not good in the sun either - or rain for that matter - in fact I'm not much of an outdoorsy type in general ... The gig will be the longest time I've spent outdoors since last summer!! I'd only do it for GNR :heart:

LOL!! :lol:

Top of my list when packing in four weeks time after tickets will be sunglasses and hats, God forbid the sun should touch me!! :lol:

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

LOL!! :lol:

Top of my list when packing in four weeks time after tickets will be sunglasses and hats, God forbid the sun should touch me!! :lol:

You two sound like a pair of vampires :lol: 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

You two sound like a pair of vampires :lol: 

Hey, no picking on the pale people. We can't help it if we fry by looking at the sun for .2 seconds. :P

giphy.gif?response_id=591edfeeb89e9fde89

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Hey, no picking on the pale people. We can't help it if we fry by looking at the sun for .2 seconds. :P

giphy.gif?response_id=591edfeeb89e9fde89

Then be pale in Portugal, you're still pale as a ghost but you're so familiar with sun and sunny days that you can't live without it. Kris, aren't you from California? It's pretty sunny there too, right? You should love the sun too, even if you're pale :P 

7 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Btw Guys do You know where tht story of Axl looking for a house for Him N'Slash comes from? 

@SerenityScorp, sorry, wrong info. The story Gina tells is that she left Axl after he actually moved in with Slash. Probably when Axl moved to Slash's house. The buying a house with Slash thing is a different story, I don't know where that comes from.

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, money honey said:

Yep North european island vampires ...

4 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Then be pale in Portugal, you're still pale as a ghost but you're so familiar with sun and sunny days that you can't live without it. Kris, aren't you from California? It's pretty sunny there too, right? You should love the sun too, even if you're pale :P 

I`ve never seen anyone more vulnerable to sun than people from British Isles, maybe your skin is so ready to absorb any sun in your weather? Even ghost-pale-white nordics were not so severely burnt on same direct sun. Some people I know with really pale skin prefer cloudy or tend to be nocturnal.

8 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Dat Ass 

tumblr_meixi5MnDf1rnu69ro1_400.gif

zbWqrwP.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alja said:

I`ve never seen anyone more vulnerable to sun than people from British Isles, maybe your skin is so ready to absorb any sun in your weather? Even ghost-pale-white nordics were not so severely burnt on same direct sun. Some people I know with really pale skin prefer cloudy or tend to be nocturnal.

I'm really pale, I can't handle it in the sun it sets off migraines for me and if I must be in it I have to cover up my head and eyes. I am kind of nocturnal, as much as I can be with two kids, I only work nights etc because I get terrible headaches in the day. 

Maybe I am some kind of vampire :lol:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm really pale, I can't handle it in the sun it sets off migraines for me and if I must be in it I have to cover up my head and eyes. I am kind of nocturnal, as much as I can be with two kids, I only work nights etc because I get terrible headaches in the day. 

I also have this migraine problem, I bought anti-UV Buff tunnel and never got sunlight migraine again, because I like hiking, so long hours on exposed terrain. 

You have to ask yourself, if you suck. If not, you are more probably just adapted so your skin can create D vitamin in constant cloudy-foggy-rainy weather, which makes you rather mutant. 

Edited by Alja

10 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Only one week for you guys now :headbang: Is it constantly pissing down with rain there too? It's biblical here :max:

Im sure there will be Shamrocks, Guiness, leprechauns, Gingers... Well, there will at least definitely be one ginger :lol:

And the very best ginger of em all! :)

10 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Only one week for you guys now :headbang: Is it constantly pissing down with rain there too? It's biblical here :max:

Im sure there will be Shamrocks, Guiness, leprechauns, Gingers... Well, there will at least definitely be one ginger :lol:

In the Slane thread I posted a pic of this guy in this huge yellow slicker...he is all ready for the rain! :P

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ditto on the pale skin...I live in Alaska where it is dark like all day and night 1/3 of the year! So my skin is shell socked when its finally summer and over 70*. When I go to the states in the summer, I like die...I can not handle it. I slather on sunscreen like no tomorrow and just stay outside for very small periods of time! Or I melt and sweat and become a hot, miserable, blotchy mess. It ain't pretty! :lol:

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Me too. 

I think he's gone through his dark phase, and he made it out the other side. The danger has passed. That's my gut feeling anyway, not that it really means anything :lol:

(On a completely unrelated note, "boats n hoes, boats n hoes"..)

help me, it's stuck :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I think he's gone through his dark phase, and he made it out the other side. The danger has passed. That's my gut feeling anyway, not that it really means anything :lol:

Anti anxiety medication though.

9 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

This he said this in Rock In Rio 2001 next  with Beta?

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't know, about anything, take no notice of me. 

Carry on :) 

LOL. Ok, so if I were to wonder if he was on this type of meds, I guess I would infer that this can keep people on a more "even keel" for those who have a highly sensitive nervous system, and feel things deeply. The meds give them a more balanced way to go through life, as opposed to them just being a shield against dark and gloomy thoughts.  

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

But isnt He still lock Himself in His room even more when Slash in tge band now? 

44 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

But isnt He still lock Himself in His room even more when Slash in tge band now? 

I guess that's been our assumption, but I don't think there's any way that he feels as badly now as he did in the Slashless days. They have made their own kind of peace I think, you can see it in their interactions on stage. It may not be what it once was, but it's still there in it's own way. Plus, look at the way Melissa and Duff and Susan love him, he's out of his shell enough to form close new ties there as well. I think we can rest easy. At his core, he is a fighter and a survivor. And honestly, I just don't think he would want the world to remember him for doing something like that.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I guess that's been our assumption, but I don't think there's any way that he feels as badly now as he did in the Slashless days. They have made their own kind of peace I think, you can see it in their interactions on stage. It may not be what it once was, but it's still there in it's own way. Plus, look at the way Melissa and Duff and Susan love him, he's out of his shell enough to form close new ties there as well. I think we can rest easy. At his core, he is a fighter and a survivor. And honestly, I just don't think he would want the world to remember him for doing something like that.

:wub:

21 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Amen☺