GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

27 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I hope Axl doesn't talk himself out of singing Black Hole Sun tonight, it's a really nice tribute and he sounds great on it but he must be nervous to sing it right :nervous:

OHMYGOD!!

Yes! That's what I was thinking!!!

He's been rehearsing it many times so that indeed means he wants to do it right. He knows he has to do it right or nothing. He can't fuck it up today or any other day.

I hope he gets encouraged and pulls it out tonight!!!

• Like 1

On 26.5.2017 at 3:20 AM, Rickodez said:

DAs5TnPWAAQJChs.jpg

Aww.

He looks very sweet and mellow in that video.

Also LOL at these gifs @Andy14 :lol:

On 13.5.2017 at 3:41 PM, Andy14 said:

Another pic with Sante D'Orazio

18444939_1679239315714876_5580052009525968896_n.jpg

I want to see more more moreeee :popcorn:

So these were probably taken around the same time then (maybe even by Sante)?

Same cap, same haircut. Always wondered where they were from:

agffgjfxl.jpg

tumblr_oacfx7TjWt1s0ebujo1_1280.jpg

Another pic of their bromantic Italy vacation:

8jn8aWpXMGA.jpg

The rollercoaster one:

9ca706069c.jpg

And I think I remember reading somewhere that this is Axl with Sante's son:

9ca12e72fb.jpg

I think this one was taken by Sante as well:

tumblr_o81oz8Y8E81v4wq3eo2_1280.jpg

I'll be honest, I do not like Sante (he strikes me as just another Andrei type), but I do really like the pictures he has taken of Axl over the years for the most part and am glad he shares them with us.

And since you brought it up, here you go @Frey :awesomeface:

Spoiler

You can count his moles and freckles on this one :P

tumblr_mq484pTF4D1rnfvefo1_1280.jpg

Anyway...

On 25.5.2017 at 8:20 PM, Tori72 said:

Great, thank you. I don't have the tickets yet but on the website it says 6.45 so that would be the beginning of the pre-shows, right?

I guess I have to be there in order to be close to the stage for GnR, right? @Lumikkido you know the Olympia Stadium, do they have an extra entrance for FoS or do we queue with everyone else? If so that would mean to be there as soon ap.... (I guess I better arrive Monday evening then. Gotta check for some hotel or hostel...) 

On 25.5.2017 at 8:09 PM, Tori72 said:

Sorry, slightly off topic but I need advice from anyone who's been to GnR close to the stage. My friend and me have those "Front of Stage" tickets for Munich and we have no clue when to be where. (Yes, I know it's still 3 weeks but I'm getting excited here! :)) Do we get into the inner circle no matter when we arrive or should we be at a certain time somewhere? I would like to be closest to the stage as possible but I don't know if that is wise or not, being short and all... So, someone here who can help me out?

Hah, no.  Never seen a concert at the Olympia Stadium in Munich before. But going by past concert experiences with stadiums, I assume there will be different entrances for different sections of the stadium. It was that way with the Axl/DC show I saw in Vienna for example and I know it will also be the same way for the GNR show this summer in Vienna (takes place in the same stadium and my Vienna ticket says "Red entrance" - same as it was with AC/DC, they had color-coded the different entrances back then as well). I assume the Olympia Stadium in Munich might have a similar system. But then again, I just checked my Munich ticket and there's no specific entrance listed on it, so who the hell knows :rolleyes:

Apart from that, everything @killuridols and @Andy14 said is good advice. I'll try to be there as soon as I can (within reason, I'm not one of these people who enjoys camping outside of the venue lol), so I guess I'll be there around 2 or 3 in the afternoon (if everything goes according to plan).

Also I have to say I'm slowly starting to get really excited about these shows :popcorn:

I've seen Axl twice now and I've seen Izzy once, but I've never seen Slash and Duff live in any way. I'm really looking forward to finally seeing these two (and my favorite ginger fireball as well of course lol).

And also because the Olympia stadium in Munich is where the Estranged video was filmed, iirc. I loved watching the Estranged video when I was a kid and it's kind of surreal to me to be going to the stadium from that video and see the same people there again finally :drool:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

OHMYGOD!!

Yes! That's what I was thinking!!!

He's been rehearsing it many times so that indeed means he wants to do it right. He knows he has to do it right or nothing. He can't fuck it up today or any other day.

I hope he gets encouraged and pulls it out tonight!!!

17 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Aww.

He looks very sweet and mellow in that video.

Also LOL at these gifs @Andy14 :lol:

So these were probably taken around the same time then (maybe even by Sante)?

Same cap, same haircut. Always wondered where they were from:

Another pic of their bromantic Italy vacation:

The rollercoaster one:

And I think I remember reading somewhere that this is Axl with Sante's son:

I think this one was taken by Sante as well:

I'll be honest, I do not like Sante (he strikes me as just another Andrei type), but I do really like the pictures he has taken of Axl over the years for the most part and am glad he shares them with us.

And since you brought it up, here you go @Frey :awesomeface:

Hide contents

You can count his moles and freckles on this one :P

Anyway...

Hah, no.  Never seen a concert at the Olympia Stadium in Munich before. But going by past concert experiences with stadiums, I assume there will be different entrances for different sections of the stadium. It was that way with the Axl/DC show I saw in Vienna for example and I know it will also be the same way for the GNR show this summer in Vienna (takes place in the same stadium and my Vienna ticket says "Red entrance" - same as it was with AC/DC, they had color-coded the different entrances back then as well). I assume the Olympia Stadium in Munich might have a similar system. But then again, I just checked my Munich ticket and there's no specific entrance listed on it, so who the hell knows :rolleyes:

Apart from that, everything @killuridols and @Andy14 said is good advice. I'll try to be there as soon as I can (within reason, I'm not one of these people who enjoys camping outside of the venue lol), so I guess I'll be there around 2 or 3 in the afternoon (if everything goes according to plan).

Also I have to say I'm slowly starting to get really excited about these shows :popcorn:

I've seen Axl twice now and I've seen Izzy once, but I've never seen Slash and Duff live in any way. I'm really looking forward to finally seeing these two (and my favorite ginger fireball as well of course lol).

And also because the Olympia stadium in Munich is where the Estranged video was filmed, iirc. I loved watching the Estranged video when I was a kid and it's kind of surreal to me to be going to the stadium from that video and see the same people there again finally :drool:

Thanks, dear. 

YOU HAVE SEEN IZZY?! When and where? :wub:

By the way, I can't see any of the pics you posted.

40 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks, dear. 

YOU HAVE SEEN IZZY?! When and where? :wub:

By the way, I can't see any of the pics you posted.

I saw Izzy in 2006 in Vienna.

Izzy was there with Axl at a music festival. Seeing those two on stage together was the highlight of my young life back then lol.

I still remember going "awwww" when they hugged and the way they smiled at each other :wub:

Izzy was there for quite a few songs, 6 or 7 I think. And Baz was also there. Having Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin and Sebastian Bach on one stage made me feel like I'd time-travelled back into the 80s. I mean I didn't actually get to live the 80s, but you know what I mean :P

The picture problem should be fixed now. PLEASE TELL ME YOU CAN SEE THEM OR I WILL HAVE A MINOR CRISIS. God I hate photobucket so much. :anger::anger:

24 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Lumikki You've never seen Slash live? :wow:

Prepare to have your mind blown! :lol:

No I really haven't :max:

I'm too young to have seen GNR back in the day (I was a baby then lol), so I only ever saw NuGNR and Axl/DC.

I kind of wanted to go see a Velvet Revolver concert once, but it didn't work out. And I didn't care enough about Slash/GNR during the years he might have been near me with SMKC to go see him (my obsession with this band was only really re-awakened with the reunion lol, before that I spent some years not really following them very closely).

But yeah, I'm ready to have my mind blown by the great Slash :lol:

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Meanwhile... the Malibu home is being taken care of by Carime, Maia Rose and Mr. Blue :ph34r:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUmvunuBhdUrLopZnpg-Y_Xemoepc_oCivb9rQ0/

Well Sasha isn't here anymore, so someone's got to look after the house :rolleyes:

I get the feeling this child (and also Vanessa's kid) are around Axl A LOT, so it's weird we've never seen any pictures of him with the little Lebeislings. But then again, we don't see any pictures of anything Axl does, so what do I know.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Well Sasha isn't here anymore, so someone's got to look after the house :rolleyes:

I get the feeling this child (and also Vanessa's kid) are around Axl A LOT, so it's weird we've never seen any pictures of him with the little Lebeislings. But then again, we don't see any pictures of anything Axl does, so what do I know.

Yeah, in my opinion the little Natalia is the one who hangs out with him a lot because she likes music, she sings and plays a little guitar. And that doesnt come from anyone in her inmediate family! :lol:

Speaking of Sasha :ph34r:.... she's put on some weight and keeps living la vida loca with whatever she does for a living.

Now she's at the French riviera with her model friends.

Fuckin' Andrei is at Slane Castle right now :facepalm:

37 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I saw Izzy in 2006 in Vienna.

Izzy was there with Axl at a music festival. Seeing those two on stage together was the highlight of my young life back then lol.

I still remember going "awwww" when they hugged and the way they smiled at each other :wub:

Izzy was there for quite a few songs, 6 or 7 I think. And Baz was also there. Having Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin and Sebastian Bach on one stage made me feel like I'd time-travelled back into the 80s. I mean I didn't actually get to live the 80s, but you know what I mean :P

The picture problem should be fixed now. PLEASE TELL ME YOU CAN SEE THEM OR I WILL HAVE A MINOR CRISIS. God I hate photobucket so much. :anger::anger:

Awww, wow. Reading it blows my mind. And thank you I can see the pics now.

Gosh, you must be so young then! :lol:

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He sang it :wow:

I think it's placement in the set, just before Coma, also meant something too. Particularly to Axl. 

Wow, that's touching. I think the placement means something, too.

Those live streams suck, I couldn't find a decent one and gave up. So thanks.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, in my opinion the little Natalia is the one who hangs out with him a lot because she likes music, she sings and plays a little guitar. And that doesnt come from anyone in her inmediate family! :lol:

Speaking of Sasha :ph34r:.... she's put on some weight and keeps living la vida loca with whatever she does for a living.

Now she's at the French riviera with her model friends.

Fuckin' Andrei is at Slane Castle right now :facepalm:

Oh really? Didn't know that, but I can totally picture Axl hanging out with her and teaching her some music basics.

He seems like the type who really enjoys spending time with little ones :heart:

494527_1791460604_n.jpg

36 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Awww, wow. Reading it blows my mind. And thank you I can see the pics now.

Gosh, you must be so young then! :lol:

Not that young anymore these days :P But yeah, I had a really great time back then and I was lucky to catch one of the shows Izzy showed up (Izzy didn't guest at all the shows during that tour; he picked and chose what shows he wanted to show up for iirc and only appeared in countries/cities he felt like going to or something).

26 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think it's placement in the set, just before Coma, also meant something too. Particularly to Axl. 

Yeah, I'm amazed. Sounded really good too, except for the higher parts (I wish he'd use his lower voice much, much more. I love it and he doesn't use it enough :max:)

And yeah, I think you're right about the placement, especially since we're talking about Axl here. Everything has some deeper meaning with him usually, even if he's the only one able to make sense of it :rolleyes::P

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, he did! :nervous:

I'm not sure I liked it a lot, I need better videos with better audio.... I dont want to disappoint myself this way :(

And wow, you're right... placing it next to Coma means a lot.

Does anyone know if the song was introduced or dedicated to Chris?

Did any of them say something??

• Like 1

So they actually played Black Hole Sun and TWAT. Who woulda thought :wow:

Also, since we were just talking about Sasha and Andrei...

Did you guys miss them too? Nando sure did.

So glad Sasha and Andrei are here for this as well :awesomeface::facepalm:

• Like 1

I agree with @Lumikki I love that lower voice, the higher parts of BHS were a bit off, he really tried though so I'm still very impressed. I don't think he would've done something like this just not so long ago. 

Is anyone else wondering what have dragons got to do with Ireland? :lol:

And I know Slane is an iconic venue, but what a ridiculous lay out. There's big pockets of space closer to the stage than the fans were. I wonder why? I'd be pretty mad if I were behind that empty space. :shrugs:

11 minutes ago, Frey said:

Also, since we were just talking about Sasha and Andrei...

Did you guys miss them too? Nando sure did.

So glad Sasha and Andrei are here for this as well :awesomeface::facepalm:

YOU!!!!! :anger::anger::anger::anger:

Came here and ruined it all :max::max::max:

• Like 1