GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

13 hours ago, dgnr said:

Hi :ph34r: I have pain all over my body, my face has sunburns but I'm still alive. So, fuck, I don't even know. I'm still kinda in a bubble of happiness and energy and adrenaline. Anyway, fast forward - waked at 5am, went to Lisbon, queue up at 11am, made some friends, listened to the soundcheck, almost lost it just listening Estranged being soundchecked, you get the idea. The doors opened at 4pm, we passed by like 5 security guys, the security was crazy, one of the security ladies took everything out of my backpack, I had to throw my two tiny cereal bars and my bottle of water in the bin, which is not normal at all, they usually let us in concerts with the bottle of water without the stopper. So after spending like 10 minutes with security, I ran for my life, thinking that I probably need to quit smoking, but that in that moment I just had to keep running. And then there I was: front row, center-right. I couldn't believe it: never in my wildest dreams I thought I would make it. But, well, I did and the moment Slash hits the stage, stops right in front of me, playing like a maniac and I realized that he is real indeed, that he exists in real life and was just mere inches from me, I almost passed out. But I kept my shit together and screamed Easy with an Axl in a fancy new jacket and a security guard frowning his brows at the line 'Fuck Off' and all the people giving the finger. It was funny :P

So, let's start with Axl, shall we? It's energy. Pure energy. He was so into it. He seemed so happy. His voice was rough at times but all that energy and moves it makes you forget when the voice is not quite so good. The screams were amazing.  The waves to the crowd and smiles and jumping and mimics of the girls screaming at him are beautiful to see. I'll always remember that image of him with green eyes wide open, screaming his lungs out, all red, sweating so much and cleaning the sweat out of his face with that kind of glove he wears. He gave his all. Sometimes I'm critical of his voice, because he could do so much better if he rehearsed, but on stage, he doesn't phony it. Everything he has he leaves on that stage. He snake danced. I mean for real, even when Slash was soloing he was snake dancing. One thing that will sound stupid, but it happens to me: sometimes I'm seeing Axl performing on videos and it seems like it's a total different guy from the Axl from the 80's-90's. Yesterday, with his facial expressions and the way he moves, I was just like 'Yep, it's still him. That's Axl Rose'. I had seen him with AC/DC with the broken foot and although his voice was better there, the energy I felt yesterday coming from him was not there. He's a frontman, his presence alone commands the crowd. It's a natural thing, you can't take your eyes off him. When he stepped on the monitors for the final of LALD with the mic stand above his head I was amazed. Fuckin shit. I fell in love for him again, I think :P Also he's not fat at all. Sure he has a noticeable belly and some double chins, but he looks good, he looks really good and those eyes :drool:

Duff. What a strong presence on stage. He doesn't do much, he wanders from one side of the stage to the other, but, man, he fuckin locks eyes with the crowd, it seems he's seeing through your heart. I'm pretty sure I had a moment with him last night. He was in front of me in the intro of YCBM and I was with my arms in the air, singing the guitar line and I swear to god he locked eyes with me. It felt like it was just me and him rocking in those 5 seconds. If it didn't happen, Duff, and I imagined it all, please let me live with this fantasy, because when someone asks me in 20 years what I remember of this show, I'll say 'Me and Duff, we locked eyes' :dance:Shout out to Susan Holmes Mckagan, she was at the rail taking pics and she is the sweetest. So nice with the fans. Way to go, Ned!

SLASH. HOLY FUCKIN SHIT. I wasn't prepared for this, I wasn't. He's god, he's everything. He's the star of this reunion, the star of the show, the star of all the rock n' roll world. 'In a world that he did not create, but he'd go through it as if it was his own makin', you know this? It's this but also so much more. His body moves in sync with the guitar, it's like he blends with the guitar and the guitar sounds. You can't look away. It's art you're seeing right there, it blows you away. I just wanted to jump on the stage and kidnap him :P  He played almost all solos in front of me, but the November Rain outro was really special. He started at the end of the stage, we couldn't see him but then he came right in front of us, puts the guitar upright over his knee and does that solo. Shit. And Patience. Patience with the acoustic guitar, with him sitting on a monitor, tearing that guitar apart, it was one the most beautiful things I've ever saw in my life. And his solo: he was in the middle of Godfather, with his mouth open in a silent wailing like the one he was doing with the guitar and then he started drooling, like really drooling, saliva running from his mouth down to his chin, down to his shirt. He just kept his mouth opened and kept soloing. It could have been disgusting, but it was magical. He never stopped, it seemed that nothing was happening with him, besides his fingers moving on that guitar. He's mind blowing. I want to sit him in my couch and make him play for me 24/7. I found myself a lot of time closing my eyes during the solos, just to open them really fast, because he was in front of me. I also stared a lot, leaned on the fences, just looking at him and also drooling. I don't have words. Go see Slash :wub:

Ok more things:
- Slaxl. Not a lot of it. But I caught some glimpses. Axl touches Slash's back a lot, like for just letting him know he's there. One time he touched Slash's arm and Slash leaned his head near his shoulder. And the thing: Axl closed his eyes during Slash first or second solo on November Rain, can't remember. It warmed my heart :wub: 
- Cute Axl: 'I never really wanted to live' and then he shrugs and makes the cutest face you can ever think about. The story about wrap him in a blanket, I need to do it now.
- Slortus: What's the thing with these two? There was this attitude of best buddies. When Axl gets on stage to do 'Layla' he says something like they would keep going with the guitar solos and both Slash and Fortus cross their arms, lean into each other and make funny faces. Also at the end of some song I can't remember they were each one at each side of the stage and started to step near each other, with big steps, like they were in a duel. Funny, actually.
-Out Ta Get Me: I think Axl said something about Izzy that I couldn't understand. Maybe it was Dizzy or Lizzy. Whatever. If anyone can find a vid of the beginning of OTGM for me to figure it out, I would be very happy :P 'TAKE THAT ONE TO YOUR MOTHERFUCKIN PORTUGUESE HEARTS' or whatever he said is my motto from now on.
-Songs: LALD is amazing live, the screams, the fireworks, the guitar... and so is Nightrain. On Nightrain Slash loses it, it's amazing to watch. He also loses it in Coma. I lost it on Estranged, huge effort to not start crying like a baby, Slash is god, did I ever tell you? Rocket Queen was my biggest disappointment, it loses all its groove with those guitar solos and shredding, one of my fav GN'R songs and I was bored. Paradise City, serpentines, fireworks, smoke on the stage, you can't see shit and then between the smoke, Slash playing guitar behind his back. Doesn't get any better than this. It's also a song that pumps energy right into your heart. I always moan about Axl singing over the guitar part at the beggining, last night I sang over the guitar with him :shrugs:
-Whole Lotta Rosie: Picture me at the end of Patience with all its beauty preparing myself to go through the fucken Zika and they give me WLR. First I love the song, second it gave me memories of Axl sing it with AC/DC at the exact same venue and then Axl gets really happy, his face lights up. Man really loves his AC/DC. Also Slash did the duck walk. He knows how to plays his cards.
-This is the end: 1- Axl and Slash come to the final bow together and chatting 2- Slash has  a bottle of water, drinks a bit and throws the bottle, all the water ends up in my face, the girl next to me grabs the bottle and keep it. My face was still wet and the bottle didn't end up with me. Shame on you Slash. 3- Axl was leaving the stage and the crowd started a 'oh-oh-oh-oh' chant, Axl turns around, take the hat off and bows again. Beautiful to see.  4- Slash headstand. Yup, he did it. The tophat didn't fell :P 

Reveal hidden contents

About the ass: yeah, Axl never turned his ass to me, so @killuridols I wasn't able to keep your legacy. But speaking of asses. Look how was just in front of me showing me his ass :shrugs::P

18870677_1551566494888415_834212128_n.jp

I can tell you he's beautiful, but really skinny and he looks more like a pimp in real life than in photos. Almost lost interest :P 

And yey, that's it. I'm sorry it was such a long post, but it's everything I remember. Front row really did things to me, if there will be a next time, I promise I'll behave ;)

That was such a great reading for this  ?. So glad you had a great time, I feel your love for guns ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

The think is where is tht? 

N' tht sexy Duff:drool:

Must be her house? Her bedroom?

Why does she has a pic of such a sexy Duff in there?

I don't know... It's fucking crazy but funny at the same time :lol:

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

N'  wonder if She is fan of Axl too

also wonder if Her Dad shows Her lots of rare pics N'video

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

The think is where is tht? 

N' tht sexy Duff:drool:

47 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Well :lol:

That picture must have either been taken at the McKagans' house or at Grace's own place (if she has one).

It's interesting either way. Either the McKagans have a picture of young Axl among their family pictures (which would be nice of them I guess, though I don't see why they wouldn't use a more current one) or Grace put up a pic of young Axl herself among her stuff.

Which is more likely imo and... interesting in other ways, I guess :lol:

:drevil:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

She has got a sexy Axl too!!!! 

• Like 1

I love Dizzy's piano on BHS...glad they are keeping that part in. It is really beautiful...I'm a sucker for beautiful piano/keyboard music! :)

Susan is so sweet, that is great you got to talk to her. She shares so much with her fans, it's really something. :heart:

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Well :lol:

That picture must have either been taken at the McKagans' house or at Grace's own place (if she has one).

It's interesting either way. Either the McKagans have a picture of young Axl among their family pictures (which would be nice of them I guess, though I don't see why they wouldn't use a more current one) or Grace put up a pic of young Axl herself among her stuff.

Which is more likely imo and... interesting in other ways, I guess :lol:

:drevil:

I thought she lived at the dorms of her College but I'm not sure anymore.

It doesn't look exactly like a picture, though. It's like a cardboard figure because that's only him with no background and I guess that picture is part of a photoshoot with the rest of the band? It looks cropped from a bigger picture and pasted into cardboard or something like that.

Yes, it's definitely interesting, just like Meegan's kids naming those cats Axl.

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

She has got a sexy Axl too!!!! 

Yeah, but Duff is her father!! 

I'm not sure I would put such hot pic of my own father in a frame like that.

But maybe she is used to have hot sexy parents. I don't know what that is :lol:

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It doesn't look exactly like a picture, though. It's like a cardboard figure because that's only him with no background and I guess that picture is part of a photoshoot with the rest of the band? It looks cropped from a bigger picture and pasted into cardboard or something like that.

Yes, it's definitely interesting, just like Meegan's kids naming those cats Axl.

I know Duff's her dad. And I guess she's somewhat used to her parents having their fotos taken half naked and being really hot.  Still, I find it a little peculiar too.

But little sexy Axl close to her mirror is touching some nerve for me. Does it give a clue to how close they might be without us knowing or is it just a wicked sense of humour? :lol:

56 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

When was this

tumblr_or0gzfaBzz1vkt6tqo1_1280.jpg

1989-1990. Axl and Slash jammed at an LA club with Ian Hunter and Mick Ronson. How I wish there was a video or a recording of this!

EDIT: another pic:

19891213photo01.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
added pic
  • Like 1

@dgnr Forgot to say, great review! Though I admit I laughed at your lengthy descriptions of Slash's drooling. "Magical" :lol::thumbsup:

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, looks like she cut him out and stuck him on some background and framed it.

It's a pic from this photoshoot (Google didn't provide me with the exact picture Grace used, but these are nearly identical):

Spoiler

7265747152_f5bccf8084_b.jpg

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAfIAAAAJGMxNWYyMDE3LWZhZTIt

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I know Duff's her dad. And I guess she's somewhat used to her parents having their fotos taken half naked and being really hot.  Still, I find it a little peculiar too.

But little sexy Axl close to her mirror is touching some nerve for me. Does it give a clue to how close they might be without us knowing or is it just a wicked sense of humour? :lol:

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Not just naming the cats Axl....

Spoiler

.... I also still remember "Daddy-gate".

And the same young lady responsible for daddy gate now has a band named "Rose Thorn" if I'm remembering this correctly.

And now Grace apparently has pictures of Axl in her room/apartment/whatever.

It seems that this little gang of young ladies has a soft spot for Axl or something.

Also relevant to this topic:

Vanessa posted a picture of her daughter wearing Axl's hat earlier. Not gonna post it here, but it's on her Instagram if anyone wants to see it.

Considering all of that, I think you might be justified in suspecting that Axl might secretly be closer to these children than we know of,  @Tori72.  

Who knows, Uncle Axl might well be very popular with all the little ones, from the babies and toddlers to the teenagers :lol:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Frey said:

@dgnr Forgot to say, great review! Though I admit I laughed at your lengthy descriptions of Slash's drooling. "Magical" :lol::thumbsup:

Yeah, looks like she cut him out and stuck him on some background and framed it.

It's a pic from this photoshoot (Google didn't provide me with the exact picture Grace used, but these are nearly identical):

Hide contents

7265747152_f5bccf8084_b.jpg

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAfIAAAAJGMxNWYyMDE3LWZhZTIt

Not just naming the cats Axl....

Hide contents

.... I also still remember "Daddy-gate".

And the same young lady responsible for daddy gate now has a band named "Rose Thorn" if I'm remembering this correctly.

And now Grace apparently has pictures of Axl in her room/apartment/whatever.

It seems that this little gang of young ladies has a soft spot for Axl or something.

Also relevant to this topic:

Vanessa posted a picture of her daughter wearing Axl's hat earlier. Not gonna post it here, but it's on her Instagram if anyone wants to see it.

Considering all of that, I think you might be justified in suspecting that Axl might secretly be closer to these children than we know of,  @Tori72.  

Who knows, Uncle Axl might well be very popular with all the little ones, from the babies and toddlers to the teenagers :lol:

I love this!!! :wub:

I want them to be cloooose and love each other and all the teenage girls have crush on young Axl and adore dorkish old Uncle Axl. :lol:

That's about my fairy tale for tonight. 

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1