GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

42 minutes ago, Asia said:

Thanks for the reviews - really nice! And great to read it was great, cause now it's my time! Well, almost... On Sunday I get on the train to Gdańsk. Enjoy the London shows girls!

wow, great photos. the guys still have it...wish i would see them in london again, but sold out so have to wait till july 10th. demi-god, enjoy the show. and everyone else, enjoy the london shows :headbang::takethat:

10 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Of course, Just like Slash who always act "No Homo" only to Axl but not Duff N'His passive-aggressive on soc med only for Axl

LOL good observation. But there are times when Slash has come to Axl. So adorable when he rests on Axl's Shoulder at the Ritz,1988 towards the end of Mr Brownstone

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I finally made it to London - I really do hate it here. :lol:

I see they haven't even acknowledged that they're playing here tomorrow. That's nice of them. ?

Lovely review @Tori72 really great to read :) 

Hellooooo Missy!! :lol:

LOL all of them have been out and about around London, have you not bumped into the Giraffe?? He's been to a music thingy for kids or youngsters :wub:

And now he's out with the fam... Maybe you could go s---nooping around :smiley-confused2:

It seems Slash is already back to Europe, having a Perla detox :ph34r:

And last but not least, there are no signs of Axl in London yet but I do know that Sasha's Croatian model friend Ornella is in London right now and I'm sure she's got a free ticket for tomorrow's show :max: and probably ready to repeat that cringeworthy freak show picture from last year. The whole gang has reunited in this town :vomit:

• Like 4

@Tori72 loved your review! Kris was right: another one bites the dust :P Glad you had such a nice time! Now, don't fool me, deep down inside you know Slash is god, but I get it you don't say it, you said you're an atheist but we all know you're a very active member of a certain avocado farmer church :izzy:

And girl, what the hell, you didn't see Slaxl? You caught one of the biggest Slaxl moments of this tour with Axl all happy after seeing that shirt :wub: I'm not sure if we can give you a medal, but a badge as Slaxl cheerleader is definitely on the way :popcorn:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Axl does touch Duff as well. He often rests his arm on Duff's shoulers and leans onto him for example. There are also plenty of pics/videos of Axl being touchy with Duff and Izzy from back in the day. But yeah, all in all he probably does touch Slash the most, both now and back then. Axl also seems to enjoy teasing and annoying Slash the most while he's playing and when they were young, their cuddling was the most intense lol :P (Though Slash and Duff had their moments too...)

I still wonder why Axl does it most to Slash, though. There's gotta be a reason behind it. My curiosity's gonna get me in trouble on here. Haha. 

I wish those cuddly moments would happen again. They were adorable. I guess Axl's a touchy type of person.

Was Axl touchy-feely with the other lead guitarists such as Buckethead, Ashba, etc?

2 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

I still wonder why Axl does it most to Slash, though. There's gotta be a reason behind it. My curiosity's gonna get me in trouble on here. Haha. 

I wish those cuddly moments would happen again. They were adorable. I guess Axl's a touchy type of person.

Was Axl touchy-feely with the other lead guitarists such as Buckethead, Ashba, etc?

Because He loves Slash thats why

Anyone can translate it? 

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Because He loves Slash thats why

Anyone can translate it? 

I guess blatant ranting against your former/current lead guitarist equates to love. *Shrug* I have a feeling we're never going to know what goes inside Axl's head in regards to his true feelings towards Slash.

"Covers" is "Spaghetti Incident?" From the chart, I'd say it's a poll of favorites in regards to Guns.

@killuridols Thanks for that :thumbsup: I know I'm in London but it's really difficult to get Internet where I am, so can't see much of what is going on at all. Not heading into the posh parts, except for maybe the shop, so I doubt I will see any of them about :lol:

Going to the stadium really early to see if we hear the soundcheck. 

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

It seems Slash is already back to Europe, having a Perla detox :ph34r:

It's really starting to worry me how much Slash is turning intro Krusty when he wears those backwards caps :smiley-confused2:

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Anyone can translate it? 

He's just throwing some statistics from the NITL tour (which songs got played at every show, that Nice Boys is the only song that got played just once...) taken from that setlist.fm site.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

@MillionsOfSpiders Your (first) day has come!! Hope you'll have the time of your life!! Can't wait to hear about it! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

I guess blatant ranting against your former/current lead guitarist equates to love. *Shrug* I have a feeling we're never going to know what goes inside Axl's head in regards to his true feelings towards Slash.

"Covers" is "Spaghetti Incident?" From the chart, I'd say it's a poll of favorites in regards to Guns.

Well I guess, IMO, tht because He loves Slash, He hurt so much when Slash leaves, So He rants without thinking. If He didnt care about Slash He will keep silent N' never mentioning about Slash or ranting

one thing I know He only rants to/about 2 People, Izzy N' Slash

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Well I guess, IMO, tht because He loves Slash, He hurt so much when Slash leaves, So He rants without thinking. If He didnt care about Slash He will keep silent N' never mentioning about Slash or ranting

one thing I know He only rants to/about 2 People, Izzy N' Slash

I can see why Axl would rant about Izzy because Izzy was his childhood friend who left both Axl and the band. He doesn't rant about Slash anymore as Slash is now back with GNR but there was a lot of ranting about Slash, probably way more than Izzy.

Just now, purplestargirl said:

I can see why Axl would rant about Izzy because Izzy was his childhood friend who left both Axl and the band. He doesn't rant about Slash anymore as Slash is now back with GNR but there was a lot of ranting about Slash, probably way more than Izzy.

Well You know wht tht means:awesomeface::rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Tori72 said:

So, I'll give it a go and write my piece on Munich, too. Even though I agree with everything @Lumikki already wrote. It still has gotten kinda lengthy, I hope you don't mind.

All in all, it was just the perfect day. The weather was so fine, my friend and me had so much fun and people were really chill and friendly. We arrived at the gates about 2.30 pm. There were some young guys playing some music with their little stereo, people were collecting drinks and ice cream from the trucks around, a tree giving us shade.

Then we heard Estranged being rehearsed and it.felt.so.magical. Axl wasn't there apparently because there was no one singing. I made a video of the waiting area and Slash's Estranged guitar. I just loved hearing that. Slash playing his guitar in real life while I was listening! Wow. I was gonna freak out when he'd hit the stage, I already knew.

When the doors finally opened we all got body checks and then were left to run through the whole arena, down the stairs, passing the barriers deviding Front of Stage 1 and Front of Stage 2 area. While running and running I had to laugh to myself, being the luncatic I am. :P I was just so happy. It was really happening. I was at the Gun 'n Roses gig venue and I would see them live after 24 bloody years. And how unreal it was imagening anything like Axl and Slash on the same stage during those years!

The arena was still quite empty because we were so early and when we arrived at the stage we were in 2nd row! My friend and me couldn't have been any more euphoric. We rememberd our telefon call in december when we decided to join the bloody fan club to get pre sale tickets in order to get into 1st row. And now we really made it! 1st row were all VIP entry people who paid 370 Euro to get in 5 min before us, handed over some booklet and three unused pics. Well... Still so glad I didn't waste my money on this. We were on Duff's side because my friend is the total Duff fan and I was fine with both sides. (And also because I thought that IF Izzy bloody Stradlin would be showing up and staying on Duff's side I would have to kill myself right away if I was on Slash's side. So, now you know...)

The video thingy playing just before Guns hit the stage got the crowd really hyped up. When they finally came on stage and played "It's so easy" I totally, I say, TOTALLY, lost my shit. I was freaking out before they got there already. So I jumped up and down through the first few songs to get rid of all the fucking energy. I was in full party mode and felt a little sorry that Germans in general cannot show their emotions as Italians, for example. But the crowd was really loud, cheered between songs and all. 

People around us were so cool and into it. We all were jumping and singing and being Duff's little fan club. Duff is such a cool rocker dude. Wow. I was prepared to be blown away by Slash as so many "Slash is God" people wrote their reports already (looking at you @BorderlineCrazy@dgnr and @money honey) but I wasn't at all prepared how fucking cool that bassist is. Man! He.looked.good! Walking the stage in long steps like the giraffe he is, nodding his head, playing his bass with his head laying back. He oozed Rock'nRoll and cool! I was in awe with Duff and had to force myself to look back at Axl.

Axl!

My gosh was I curious on how I would react to his performance before I got there. It's no secret he doesn't look like his 25 or 30 year old self anymore (of course not, we all won't with 55, no judgment here), that he sometimes has issues with his voice, the tummy, his hat collection. All of that. When Axl came running on stage I remember thinking he must have the same level of adrenalin and energy as myself because he was running everywhere, belting out the song with perfect rasp and charisma. He was in a fantastic mood, his lips curling into little smiles at times when looking into the crowd. I was actually so close to Axl fucking Rose that I could make out wether he is slightly curling his lips or not!! 

And then he did something that completely charmed me. Oh.My.God. So, there was this rather annoying girl that was the total Slash fan but ended up at the wrong side of the stage because she didn't have a clue. lol She had made herself a tshirt with this really old foto of Axl and Slash. They both look so young and innocent and like the cute little puppies they were, it is heart wrenching. This is the foto she had on her shirt:

ro1114SLASHAXL.jpg

So when Axl was singing on his little catwalk she was holding her shirt up so Axl could have a better look. He actually saw her, looked on the pic, smiled a HUGE smile and pointed at her, waving happily. He even looked back after singing a few more notes and still smiled. So fucking cute. And - people -  I have it on camera! I was taking some fotos before that incident began standing right behind her and just kept clicking away.

Here's Axl with his beautiful smile. And if that little story doesn't make you fall in love with Axl all over again you have no heart. It is so sweet how attentive and observant he was on stage and that he noticed the crazy fan and her pic.

fullsizeoutputl0fkwj4si5.jpg

And here he looks back after singing a few more lines towards another direction. You can see the girl still holding up her shirt at the bottom of the pic.

fullsizeoutputou13ydr0pa.jpg

Axl's voice sounded perfect to me. Full of rasp and energy, the true rock'n roll voice he always had. He does sound a little older now but never the less full of rage and power. It is such an amazing difference hearing the band and Axl on a phone video or live at the gig. It is everything, that difference.

Axl was running back and fro all over the stage and I am amazed by his fitness. I have sore legs for two days now from all the jumping I did for over two hours. He keeps on doing that every 2nd or 3rd day. I hope I'lle be fit like that with 55.

Now, Slash. Slash of course is amazing because he is Slash. He looks like Slash, plays like Slash. His guitar sound is unique to me and I think I could tell his whining, bluesy, shredding sound for miles. Slash also is kinda everywhere on stage. He kept running into Duff's side of the stage as well as onto the Axl catwalk, more than I even hoped for. He just looks so into his music. He is so concentrated, he moves to his own sounds, stamping to his own rhythm, leaning into his guitar. It is mesmerizing. I am very grateful for no drool though!!! And now, Slash fans, no "Slash is God" statement from me. I am an atheist. :hahafyou: 

I really couldn't say who amazed me more, who of those beloved Three Stooges is more mesmerizing. They were all great. All three of them just ooze coolness, Rock 'n Roll and talent. I was in awe just to watch them and see how much they put into their performance, taking seriously what they did and apparently loving it.

I didn't see any Slaxl and didn't miss it. They all looked at ease with themselves and with each other and that is most important.

Side note: Susan and Grace where sitting on the side of the stage on Duff's side and I watched him standing with them at some point, playing his bass, nodding his head and grooving out with them for a little while. They are such a cute family, everyone who saw it went "Awwwwwwww!" :heart:

I can't say anything on the other musicians because I really didn't pay too much attention. I remember Lortus coming into my view, resp. his pretty guitars. That made me think of Izzy and missing him. The drums didn't piss me off even though I thought they would. I still don't know what Melissa is doing there because they have Dizzy but whatever.

My favourite song of the show was Welcome to the Jungle. partly because it is one of my favs anyway and also because it was the 4th song or so and I was still fit enough to party and sing all way through it, enjoying the groove, the guitars and Axl's rasp. Loved it. November Rain still doesn't do it for me, even when played live. I used to love it but after having an overdose of NR in the 90ies I had to kill it. I was surprised loving Estranged so much, they really nailed it in Munich. Same with Coma, which is also surprising for me. I loved Nightrain, Don't Cry, Rocket Queen, Sweet Child of Mine, You Could be Mine and also Paradise City which totally wrecked me out being the very last song. After that I was exhausted, sweaty, with burning feet, an aching but happy heart and flashbacks of all those feelings. Those are still lasting on whenever I think of the gig.

If I could only afford it (damn, I can't) I would go to another show. I so would!

I didn't take many fotos because I wanted to be fully in the moment, sucking up everything and not living the whole thing behind a screen. I made a few selfies with me, Axl and Slash on the same foto but won't show them here. I am awfully happy about those selfies and I show you some other fotos here.

img_6235.jpg

img_6247.jpg

img_6273.jpg

Fernando and the security beard

img_6282.jpg

img_6293.jpg

img_6295.jpg

img_6396.jpg

img_6426.jpg

The way you write your experience you seem that you totally enjoyed the concert. Really loved your opinion about how the concert was...and how cute is it that axl looked down at the girl that was holding a t-shirt ;)

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm already near the stadium :lol: met lots of  fans too, we are all moaning about them not changing their logo to the UK yet, glad it's not  just me who thinks they don't love us ?

Be on the lookout for Slaxl moments...I'm especially eager to see if Axl and Slash start cuddling onstage. That way I know that someone from the GNR camp reads this thread. :P

In regards to the logo, Slash should be ashamed of that considering he's from England. :max: 

Speaking of which, does anyone know if he holds dual citizenship? I read somewhere that he did but I'm not entirely sure if that was the truth or not.