GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Thank you to @Lumikki and @Tori72 for the amazing review and Tori, you witnessed an amazing Slaxl moment, i'm envious :lol:

37 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm already near the stadium :lol: met lots of  fans too, we are all moaning about them not changing their logo to the UK yet, glad it's not  just me who thinks they don't love us ?

Have fun! it's gonna be amazing

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lumikki said:

You said you didn't see any Slaxl moments, but that is an amazing Slaxl moment right there! :heart:

Imagine if someone had shoved a pic of himself and Slash as little puppies like that under his nose during concert a couple of years ago. His reaction would have been very different probably. But now he seems thrilled about seeing stuff like this :heart:

I'm so glad you were there to witness that moment and share it with us. And you even managed to capture it with pictures!

You deserve a Slaxl medal of honor, for outstanding services in the name of this thread :D

12 hours ago, dgnr said:

@Tori72 loved your review! Kris was right: another one bites the dust :P Glad you had such a nice time! Now, don't fool me, deep down inside you know Slash is god, but I get it you don't say it, you said you're an atheist but we all know you're a very active member of a certain avocado farmer church :izzy:

And girl, what the hell, you didn't see Slaxl? You caught one of the biggest Slaxl moments of this tour with Axl all happy after seeing that shirt :wub: I'm not sure if we can give you a medal, but a badge as Slaxl cheerleader is definitely on the way :popcorn:

You are right!!! Slaxl alert and I was blind. Who am I to not realise a Slaxl moment when I'm there to witness it? I am not sure wether I deserve badge or whatever for not noticing shit but I'll gladly recieve anything you might be willing to throw at me. :facepalm::rofl-lol:

15 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Wonderful reviews and pics. I know it's been said a lot, but it's great to see Axl so lighthearted. Just nice to know that it's never too late to find happiness and peace of mind. 

Yes! This. The whole concert live thingy is so beautiful on so many levels. :heart:

17 hours ago, killuridols said:

Me after reading @Lumikki's and @Tori72's reviews :smiley-confused2:

giphy.gif

Lol. I hope it nevertheless was some of the good nausea. Dizzyness because of all the love. :P

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

It's really starting to worry me how much Slash is turning intro Krusty when he wears those backwards caps :smiley-confused2:

:lol:

It really looks bad, aye? Loooool Maybe that's his signal for Axl when he wants to tell him some secret shit :smiley-confused2:

32 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Lol. I hope it nevertheless was some of the good nausea. Dizzyness because of all the love. :P

That isnt nausea :max:

It is exhaustion and lack of air after reading the wall of text of well described emotions, experiences and intense feelings :drool:

What is awesome about this thread is that each one of us are waiting for their turn to see the shows in our towns or countries or nearby places, then come back and share the experience with the other die-hards.

Isn't it amazing?? :heart: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Out of likes. @killuridols, this it is. We're a bunch of lovey-doveys and you're feeling it. Don't you deny it! :awesomeface: lol I'm sure all of us are feeling it, too. :heart:

Hahaha of course!

Despite a couple of douchebags that dislike this thread, its members or whatever BS they keep talking about, THIS IS the spirit that reigns right now. One of camaraderie and happiness of knowing many of us are becoming part of the NITL tour in different parts of the world.

We cannot go together to the shows but we get to vicariously experience them through the eyes and ears of those who can physically attend them. And it is really cool, indeed!

I am waiting for the second round now :ph34r: and hopefully I'll be able to share it again, when the time comes. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Btw is it true tht Slash will taking break from GN'R for while to working with SMKC?

Rumor is that Slash and Duff are signed to a two-year contract with GNR. I would expect a very lengthy break starting in 2018.  I wonder if Duff and Slash will be able to talk about the NITL tour once the contract expires? So weird to have such a prolonged silence from Slash in particular. 

About the all 'Slash is god' thing, here's an article from a portuguese lifestyle site that came out yesterday, it's worth the reading :P  My translation, sorry for any mistakes.

https://nit.pt/opiniao/opiniao-opiniao/slash-deus-outras-notas-do-concerto-dos-guns-n-roses

'Slash is God and other notes from the Guns N' Roses show
Two weeks later, I'm still in an honeymoon with that magical night at Passeio Maritímo de Algés

Friday, June 2nd. I went to Passeio Maritímo de Algés to watch Guns N' Roses for the third time, but in the middle of the first song I realized that afterall it was the first time I was watching Guns N' Roses. The first two times (2006 and 2010) were something else that, after this, I don't even want to remember. It was a revelation. After the dark years, my faith in Guns N' Roses was restored. And it seemed to me that the 60.000 present there felt the same.

Since then, two weeks had gone, but I'm still recovering from the show. Literally, because, somewhere in the middle of the crowd, someone passed me one of those beautiful virus and my throat still isn't recovered; and because I'm still stunned with what I saw and felt in front of that stage. It will follow some notes about the show, with the usual warning that you can expect superlatives.

I'm gonna start by making a revelation in the most heterosexual way I can. Here it goes: Slash playing guitar is one of the most beautiful, wonderful things that one can see in life. Period. It's a dazzling vision, to look at that human cartoon with a tophat onto a thick head of hair, expelling heavenly sounds from a guitar. The soul that Slash injects to the music (even when it wasn't written by him) it's such a superlative virtue that it can only be classified in a way: it's a gift. It was the first time I heard his WYWH cover (work from other guitar god) and for not to tell you that it was fucking wicked (I can't use slang here), I will just say that it was one of the highlights of the show. Slash is God. Period.

Duff is a coolness machine clinically well-oiled. The bass and the hairdo always on point. Everything well done.

I love Uncle Axl. I was one of the few that stand up for him when he was chosen to be the new AC/DC lead singer before the historical concert in Algés (after that it was easy, even The Guardian gave him 5 stars). But if last year he was majestic, this year he showed blind zones in the vocal spectrum and he switched too many times in Mickey Mouse mode. He didn't either seemed to me in a good mood, although that didn't affect his performance. The worst was the inexplicable insistence in murder his own version of Bob Dylan's KOHD, that we all learned to love with his 'hey, hey, hey-hey-yeaah'. Where have they gone?!

'Estranged' and 'Coma' were the musts of the night. Such wonders for the eyes and ears. Two epics immaculately performed, that show that Guns N' Roses were one day the perfect fusion between the Elton John melody, the Aerosmith lust, the Queen pomp and the Pink Floyd grandeur and all of this in the Grunge era, which denied all the previous. 

'Better' was never one of the best NuGuns (Guns without Slash and Duff) songs and has absolutely nothing to do with the original band sound; it's even offensive to see this side by side with the classics. On the opposite pole is TIL, that seems carved for Slash's little hands. Together with TWAT (the best NuGuns song, unfortunately MIA in the setlist), 'The Blues' (SOD, my ass), 'CITR' (with Brian May!) and 'Madagascar', deserved a reimagining with the original band. Thinking about it, even 'Shackler's' could work; which lead me to believe that between someone full of himself and diluted in all that over production, there's a great album hidden in 'Chinese Democracy'. But let's leave this analysis for any other day.

For now, the nub is that someone grab Izzy - even if it is with a cash bag - and throw him in a studio writing 'Guns N' Roses songs'. Because only him knows how to do it. But here I am digressing; so let's go back to Algés.

It wasn't cheap, but I went to Golden Circle. The verdict? They were the 130€ better spent in the last year. The other day there were those who gave 500€  for a sleeping bag to see the Pope, but he didn't play 'Paradise City' behind his back. I gave 130€ and I saw God. Which leads me to the next point. Slash is God. I'm not sure if I have already said it.

• Like 4

Can we, please, discuss this outfit? :P 

1970400300_1497642511.jpg

------

33 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

@dgnr That article was great! But just to be clear, I started this new religion, I said it first! @Kris_1989 can attest to that :rofl-lol:

True that :P 

2 hours ago, triad said:

@dgnr, do you think the author of the article reads this forum?  :lol:

Hum..let's see: he says Slash is god, he says Axl was Mickey, he complains about KOHD, he has mixed feelings about CD, he begs for Izzy to come back...Yeah I'm pretty sure he does :P 

• Like 2

Just now, dgnr said:

LOL!!! I was gonna post something like that. What can I say? Is it better than the yellow raincoat or worse? I can't decide! :facepalm::rofl-lol:

Worst is the hat though. The jacket at least has got a decent cut. Cut-wise, it can always be worse ...

1992AxlRose02PA180412.jpg

When talking about Slaxl...

The world is all made of different vibrations. Everything has its vibe, things, people - you can listen to it. Some people seem to perceive it more than others. Some people know how to make these vibes music. 

There is one special bond between people, it`s bond with music. If you actively make music with other people, if you ever sang with someone in harmony, you know it. Fully indescribable, call it chemistry, call it band magic... when it happens, it generates insanely strong feelings even to merely witness it. If you are in, you are shiny critter with its exact place in the universe and time and among people you make harmonies with. It intensifies anything you can do solo. It`s full-blown experience. Experienced in both say that it`s stronger and more addictive than heroin. If it`s true, heroin is one really strong sh*t. 

If you are lucky, you find particular person who can make your melody audible for you with his own musical abilities. Or a person has melody so intense and resonating and harmonizing with yours that you just lean your back to the vibe and wear it as a warm blanket and cocoa. It`s visceral connection, it`s making love without even touching (waaay better with touching, yisss yisss). If you get the vibe, it heals even deep and running wounds.

Even if you are just passive listener, you can partially feel this bond. It`s the connection in which particular music and musician vibes with you and pulls your heartstrings (Keith Richards loanword when talking about this, I love it). You cannot analyze it, if you do, you`ll loose it.

The thing is that you can make good music with many people, really skilled musicians, so the sound is good, but as soon as there is no connection, no chemistry, it all feels dull and even if the sound is good, it misses something (I get this when I am listening to Spaghetti Incident - it`s well made with skilled musicians and well produced, but it misses the band magic of previous albums). There is wide abyss between musicians who learned particular song and ones who happened to be connected with it so deep it goes straight from the heart and have musical feeling to express it the way it moves you where the deepest heartstrings root, it`s strong, pure and addictive. If you are lucky, you`ll get one of this kind in your life. If you have someone to who`s sound - vibes you can connect intensely and that one person is missing, it`s dull that the emptiness (almost) physically hurt and your soul starves and fades away. It really does not matter if that person is physically present or not - it is the vibe you can either reach or not for any reason. (This is what Pink Floyd`s Wish you were here, also covered onstage by GNR is about - about missing someone you can`t reach even if that one is physically reachable). To loose such that significant one, it`s a thick, deeply rooted heartstring snatched, and it leaves open wound. Acute pain goes chronic if wrong treated and fuels itself even the initial source diminishes or looses its importance. People in pain do insane and ridiculous things. That`s all.

So, at the end of the day I will actually pay all my bucks and travel far to get this band chemistry, that precious moment of music, tons of Slaxluff & the rest. To sing my guts off and ruin my vocal chords for reason and have my heartstrings pulled and vibrating to their deepest roots

Edited by Alja
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Yes, it is attrocious! :facepalm: Pretty much in the same line of the yellow raincoat and such if not THE WORST.

A homeage to Elton John and pretty far from his 1992 Freddie Mercury tribute outfit.

It all comes down to the fact that after the show he will go meet the FREAK SHOW GANG, so he's already got the costume :rolleyes:

----

Miss Sasha is there already. In her original post she wrote "highschoolreunion" and tagged these two blonds. Also, she received a handful of comments and now decided to REMOVE THEM all :rolleyes:

This is one reason why she's probably not really liked among the other "wives". She's really an asshole towards the GN'R fans (who support all of this fancy trips of her) and the GN'R community in general.

Horrible woman.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

----

Miss Sasha is there already. In her original post she wrote "highschoolreunion" and tagged these two blonds. Also, she received a handful of comments and now decided to REMOVE THEM all :rolleyes:

This is one reason why she's probably not really liked among the other "wives". She's really an asshole towards the GN'R fans (who support all of this fancy trips of her) and the GN'R community in general.

Horrible woman.

The comments on that post are funny, like asking if they are married or saying Axl is a lucky guy.

Axl and Sasha aren't married nor are they seeing each other. She is seeing someone else who is not Axl. It gets frustrating to keep pointing that out and people can't seem to do the research themselves. It looks like him and Sasha are just friends or she is friends with someone in his inner circle, hence her appearing at GNR concerts within in the U.K.

The yellow raincoat is and will remain unsurpassed, imo :scared:

In this case, it's mostly the hat that makes the outfit horrendous :rofl-lol:

Who knows, maybe someone who reads the forum told Axl that UK fans think he doesn't like them, and he thought of dressing as Mr. UK or something to show them it's not true :rofl-lol: