GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ohhh so she gets to watch the GnR show from the side of the stage..

And in London too, when Andrei was in the VIP stand in the middle of the pitch.. 

How many other support bands get that privilege? :rofl-lol:

:lol:

Maybe she's just hooking up with Andrei? He's also responsible for the presence of other celebrities at the show, such as Liv Tyler and some guys from Game Of Thrones :shrugs:

Honestly, I dont like her that much as a musician. I know shit but from the very little I saw she's nothing special and nothing new. And i have a good eye and ear for spotting new talents, lol :P

Also, she doesn't look at all like Axl's type. He likes very pretty women, more feminine than this one, yeah yeah... unfortunately, the model type... so, unless he changed his taste, I wouldnt be so sure this is the new one :ph34r:

P.S.: if she's 37-38 that's still like 18 years of difference. I wouldn't calle it appropriate or fit. LOL. (but I know its better than the 20yo models)

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

And in London too, when Andrei was in the VIP stand in the middle of the pitch.. 

Honestly who is Andrei?  I know he's in the GNR crowd, but is his dad a billionaire or something?  Look at his instagram, besides GNR, he's also hanging with other rock and rap stars, fashion events, cannes film festival etc. Seems to have quite the connections and wealth

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@killuridols I was lined up next to people who had WTTJ package and The Ultimate Package (?) They all went in at 1:30pm for the backstage tour and GnR were soundchecking at that time, then they stopped and it started again at about 3:30 so they were certainly there when fans were allowed in. 

I was in Early Entry that lets you in 15 mins before Gold Circle and I asked security why not just let us in and he said those other VIPs were still in the meet and greet with the band and all our part of the line laughed at him and said that wouldn't be happening, he got all mad about it and said he'd been talking to Axl himself and we laughed even more :lol:

i don't think any of the packages included meet n greet, i know 2 people who met with Slash but they had invites not package deals they were also given lithos. Lucky buggers:P

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@killuridols I was lined up next to people who had WTTJ package and The Ultimate Package (?) They all went in at 1:30pm for the backstage tour and GnR were soundchecking at that time, then they stopped and it started again at about 3:30 so they were certainly there when fans were allowed in. 

I was in Early Entry that lets you in 15 mins before Gold Circle and I asked security why not just let us in and he said those other VIPs were still in the meet and greet with the band and all our part of the line laughed at him and said that wouldn't be happening, he got all mad about it and said he'd been talking to Axl himself and we laughed even more :lol:

It sounds like the security guard got confused. The people with that package happened to get a tour the same time the band was there so maybe  they got a chance to meet the guys. Axl probably mentioned it to the security guard and the security guard probably thought it was a meet and greet when it wasn't.

All in all, pure luck in my opinion.

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

i don't think any of the packages included meet n greet, i know 2 people who met with Slash but they had invites not package deals they were also given lithos. Lucky buggers:P

How did they get the invites? :question:

50 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

It sounds like the security guard got confused. The people with that package happened to get a tour the same time the band was there so maybe  they got a chance to meet the guys. Axl probably mentioned it to the security guard and the security guard probably thought it was a meet and greet when it wasn't.

All in all, pure luck in my opinion.

That sounds plausible.

16 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@killuridols the invites were for someone who runs a fan site here in England and for a friend from when Slash was here as a kid.Still lucky buggers though ?

Ooohhh.

Well, it doesn't sound like luck to me! One is being recognized for their hard work and the other just happened to be part of Slash life ;)

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

Ooohhh.

Well, it doesn't sound like luck to me! One is being recognized for their hard work and the other just happened to be part of Slash life ;)

Yeah I know, they are really nice people too but I got to say I'm jealous ?

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

No, that's what I mean, none that i lined up with thought they would meet band members. Tako was there and she had WTTJ  tickets and I'm sure she would've put up pics if she met any band members.

There was another guy, he had the ultimate package ticket, he didn't buy it though he was given it, but wouldn't say who gave it to him.

It just seems that Axl didn't hide himself away in time and got caught out. 

The staff at the venue were absolutely clueless on day one. They didn't know what ticket was for what, they nearly let GC in with EE GC. It's quite possible they let people backstage when they shouldn't have. 

• Like 1

Reading your post @Andy14 I realized that I didn't even notice if he wore hats a lot or not during the 2nd show, and I was there lol! Maybe it was the top row seats..or I was just blinded by the union jack hat and everything else got erased from my memory :rofl-lol: 

I also love how everyone hates This I love! :lol:  It was one of the highlights for me as I will never forget the horror on my friends face when it started! I didn't know she has never heard it before and that she was not ready for that :rofl-lol: I laughed my ass off. Kinda tempted to send her a youtube link as a present  :heart:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

Reading your post @Andy14 I realized that I didn't even notice if he wore hats a lot or not during the 2nd show, and I was there lol! Maybe it was the top row seats..or I was just blinded by the union jack hat and everything else got erased from my memory :rofl-lol: 

I also love how everyone hates This I love! :lol:  It was one of the highlights for me as I will never forget the horror on my friends face when it started! I didn't know she has never heard it before and that she was not ready for that :rofl-lol: I laughed my ass off. Kinda tempted to send her a youtube link as a present  :heart:

You should do :lol:

The amount of people that left to go to the bar or for a piss break when TIL was played made me laugh, it was like a mass exodus. 

I don't think any of the CD songs went down very well at all. 

I really do love what Slash has done at the beginning of Better, that intro is really good. I've not watched any of the YouTube clips of that song so I had no idea what they were playing and I was really digging it... then it turned into Better :lol:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

So....you were there as well? :ph34r: Should have visited Kelly Family :rofl-lol:

Oh I had no idea they are there! Such a pity :rofl-lol:

BTW you seem to be well informed about their whereabouts! :ph34r::lol:

19 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You should do :lol:

The amount of people that left to go to the bar or for a piss break when TIL was played made me laugh, it was like a mass exodus. 

I really do love what Slash has done at the beginning of Better, that intro is really good. I've not watched any of the YouTube clips of that song so I had no idea what they were playing and I was really digging it... then it turned into Better :lol:

I think I will, too tempting!..may give her a day to recover and then find a good quality video so the experience is as authentic as possible :P

Mass exodus! :rofl-lol:.

I don't mind the CD songs but most people obviously do not come to the gig to hear those..but at least they can get a piss break and not miss the songs they came to hear. I am guilty of going for a beer refill during NR :lol: 

Yep I like the intro too..but I knew what it leads to :lol: Were you dissapointed? :awesomeface:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

From what I've seen (some pics and @Hejanne's great videos - link below) it looks like Axl wore his "bandana-only-no-stupid-hats" style quite a lot in London. 

He looks great in it so I hope he'll stick to this style and burn the hats :max:

58 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Andy14 He wore the stupid hats a lot on Friday when I was close to him :max: (he still looked very cute) he turned up later in the show with the red bandana and all of the crowd was cheering. 

So on Saturday night he wore mostly just his red bandana :lol:

I said it in another thread, but on Saturday night in just his red bandana he looked so awesome and I couldn't help :drool: the whole time. The highlight was staring at him during November Rain lol he looked especially awesome there but most of that show was like watching classic Axl :) 

When I watched Patience and Black Hole Sun from the Friday show I instantly thought how great Axl looked with just the bandana - almost vintage.

I'm glad he got the encouragement from the crowd and he stayed bandana-only for a large part of the next night :)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah i hate TIL it really dampens the mood. Not really loving November Rain either, It was so fucking hot and Axl had these chilled drinks on top of his piano and i wanted those drinks so bad :lol:

Edited by janrichmond
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

When I watched Patience and Black Hole Sun from the Friday show I instantly thought how great Axl looked with just the bandana - almost vintage.

I'm glad he got the encouragement from the crowd and he stayed bandana-only for a large part of the next night :)

Yes, I thought he looked really good at the London shows, funny how he looked so much better to me than when I saw him with AC/DC :question: Maybe he has lost some more weight since or he just looks so much better in his own band. The way he moves around too and does his shimmying and snake dance might have something to do with it. 

30 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Yeah i hate TIL it really dampens the mood. Not really loving November Rain either, It was so fucking hot and Axl had these chilled drinks on top of his piano and i wanted those drinks so bad :lol:

I really liked November Rain, nobody left for that one :lol:

Did you notice how many children where there on Saturday? There were hundreds of them, everywhere! That was so great to see :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Did you notice how many children where there on Saturday? There were hundreds of them, everywhere! That was so great to see :)

I did notice on both nights, little kids with ear defenders on, so cute. I also was glad to see quite a few oldies too [even older than me!]

'GNR, A BAND FOR ALL THE FAMILY' 

• Like 4