GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

@Frey :wow: Where have you been? :max:

Lol, honestly there is a bigger chance of Beta dating Tom Jones ("you're my sexbomb") than Axl being with the singer (from what I've seen and read it seems that she's known him for some time and is a part of his drinking-and-partying circle together with other freaks when they meet somewhere - I've almost forgotten about the Nur Khan guy :facepalm:....wasn't her band partner one of the drunkards mentioned in the article?). It was only 3-4 days ago when "Axl is with Sasha for sure...why doesn't he say they are together" discussion was going on here. And a couple of months since "There must be something between Axl and Melissa for sure". And a year ago: "Sasha is pregnant with Axl, omg"....well also recently "Sasha is fat, must be pregnant, is that Axl's?" So I'll give it a week and there'll be a new omg-she-is-his-new-girlfriend woman spotted around Axl :popcorn:. So, be careful you who are gonna meet him, take a quick picture and run away....you know how fast the rumours spread :ph34r:

53 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

:lol: maybe she is a fan, her music isn't obviously influenced by GnR but neither is Jack Whites and I was surprised to find out he was a GnR fan (when younger) and said they influenced him a lot. 

I guess many musicians of this generation (born between ~1975-1980), although not influenced by GnR, listened to them as kids and they have them as their childhood heroes. GnR had impact on people in many different (and sometimes unexpected) ways. The other day in the Izzy thread @Tori72 brought up Against Me!, a band with very different sound and philosophy to GnR, whose leader, a transgender woman, said how important GnR were for her as a kid and implied that Axl's androgynous look helped her find her identity (the irony of this reminds me of how Axl concluded his induction speech for Elton John after saying what his music meant to him etc "now a man who in ways is responsible for more things than he ever planned on" :lol:)

53 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe they are just attracted to each other for now, how would they ever maintain a relationship with their hectic tour schedules and such? She seems to be much more productive creatively than Axl too. Can't see her ever becoming like Meegan or Susan and travelling around supporting him so much, then again maybe that's not what he'd want. Who knows :shrugs:

Yes, she's quite the opposite to Axl's idea of making music (perfectionism or tinkering for years etc). And The Kills are not opening any more shows for them, so they won't be able to see each other much.

44 minutes ago, Frey said:

Interesting.

I agree that it's unusual for people like Andrei, Susan, Grace etc. to be around her so much too. When have they ever shown so much interest in a support act?

Maybe they know "something" is going on, and they want to be supportive or whatever.

Honestly though, I also don't hate the idea of Axl and Miss Mosshart. Seems a huge step up from intelligent 20 year old models.

Also klicking on that Sun link led me to an article (or rather a picture) of Ronnie Wood with his twin babies. Apparently he is married to a 39 year old and has two little daughters with her.

That makes the age gap between Axl and Alison Mosshart seem downright normal. And maybe there's still a chance for Axl to pass his genes on too

Anyway, Axl & Alison (Alixl?) have my blessing lol.

(But then again so do Axl & Melissa, Axl & Erin, Axl & Slash, Axl & Izzy, Axl & Duff,.... :awesomeface:)

Welcome back :)

What seems to be a problem with Alixl :awesomeface: (if it really exists or is in the works, of course) is what @MillionsOfSpiders pointed out about her not being the kind of woman to follow Axl and be around him much, as she has her own career.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess many musicians of this generation (born between ~1975-1980), although not influenced by GnR, listened to them as kids and they have them as their childhood heroes. GnR had impact on people in many different (and sometimes unexpected) ways. The other day in the Izzy thread @Tori72 brought up Against Me!, a band with very different sound and philosophy to GnR, whose leader, a transgender woman, said how important GnR were for her as a kid and implied that Axl's androgynous look helped her find her identity (the irony of this reminds me of how Axl concluded his induction speech for Elton John after saying what his music meant to him etc "now a man who in ways is responsible for more things than he ever planned on" :lol:)

I love this, because when reinventing axl rose first came out, the singer, (who was a man then) never admitted being a fan of Axl, and I remember Axl was really mad that they used his image on that cover, I think he thought they were insulting him.  It's nice they are forthcoming about being fans now.  ?

23 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

@Frey :wow: Where have you been? :max:

Lol, honestly there is a bigger chance of Beta dating Tom Jones ("you're my sexbomb") than Axl being with the singer (from what I've seen and read it seems that she's known him for some time and is a part of his drinking-and-partying circle together with other freaks when they meet somewhere - I've almost forgotten about the Nur Khan guy :facepalm:....wasn't her band partner one of the drunkards mentioned in the article?). It was only 3-4 days ago when "Axl is with Sasha for sure...why doesn't he say they are together" discussion was going on here. And a couple of months since "There must be something between Axl and Melissa for sure". And a year ago: "Sasha is pregnant with Axl, omg"....well also recently "Sasha is fat, must be pregnant, is that Axl's?" So I'll give it a week and there'll be a new omg-she-is-his-new-girlfriend woman spotted around Axl :popcorn:. So, be careful you who are gonna meet him, take a quick picture and run away....you know how fast the rumours spread :ph34r:

Yeah, I seriously doubt Axl/Alison were anything more than friends and party buddies.  I think Sasha is basically just a friend these days too, just my speculation.

Anyway, Alison was singing with Dave Grohl a couple of days later, so she's moved on.  ? 

Just now, Kira said:

I love this, because when reinventing axl rose first came out, the singer, (who was a man then) never admitted being a fan of Axl, and I remember Axl was really mad that they used his image on that cover, I think he thought they were insulting him.  It's nice they are forthcoming about being fans now.  ?

Yes, Axl was furious, of course. He's pretty uncool with things like that. He hated the silhouettes in singstar (this karaoke thingy) too, didn't he? Anyway, to me the underlying fandom was clear in the lyrics of "Reinventing Axl Rose". But I discussed my understanding of the song with @Blackstar and somehow I seem to have my own fairy tale approach to it. lol

The band's awesome by the way. Saw them last november.

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

?

I feel really down that my GnR shows are gone, really depressed :(  I feel like I didn't take it all in and wasn't appreciating it enough at the time and now I regret it. Anyone else ever felt like this after a show? It's horrible. 

I feel like that before the shows :nervous:. But yeah, I know this feeling, I felt the same way last year after ACDC, like I wasn't enjoying every single second of it and suddenly it was gone...and kept replaying some parts in my head...Now I've been waiting for more than 6 months and in 3 weeks it all will be over and nothing to look forward to. That's what kinda scares me...all the expectations - the show - game over. Lol, I'm an idiot :facepalm: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kira said:

Here is the quote:

SO, WHY THE HELL DID YOU END UP USING AXL ROSE AS A LOOSE CONCEPT FOR THE ALBUM?
LAURA JANE GRACE (VOCALS/GUITAR): “Guns N’ Roses were hugely influential to me, especially when I was a kid. I listened to tons of bands like that when I was a small kid, like, eight or nine years old. It felt dangerous to me.and I definitely identified with the ambiguity they presented – you couldn’t tell if the members were boys or girls! Axl Rose was so androgynous, especially for such a young person. I just loved that band, so, in a way, I wanted to reclaim that part of my childhood and present my own version of that.”

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/kerrang-uk/20160601/281818578084892

Axl being mad about them using him was just a rumour though, I think ( @Tori72). They had said he used voodoo against them or something. We know about Axl being into that new age fraud, Yoda etc. and that period (around 2002) was probably his darkest, but I don't think he would do that. It was just not long after the RS article and all that and people liked to make up crazy stories about him.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I feel like that before the shows :nervous:. But yeah, I know this feeling, I felt the same way last year after ACDC, like I wasn't enjoying every single second of it and suddenly it was gone...and kept replaying some parts in my head...Now I've been waiting for more than 6 months and in 3 weeks it all will be over and nothing to look forward to. That's what kinda scares me...all the expectations - the show - game over. Lol, I'm an idiot :facepalm: 

Just take it all in, soak it all up cos it's gone in the blink of an eye and then who the hell knows if we will ever see these guys on stage together again, or Axl at all :( 

I loved AC/DC, but I didn't stress about finding a good spot for that show and just kinda went along with the flow and had a great time. 

This time I stressed about everything, couldn't get excited at all because of stressing about getting a good spot and all that kind of shit and now I regret that. Even though I saw them on back to back shows. I am so mad at myself!! :max:

There has to be a "next time" :( 

All I have to look forward to now is Metallica and they don't mean so much to me, so I'll just breeze in and out of that one. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

?

I feel really down that my GnR shows are gone, really depressed :(  I feel like I didn't take it all in and wasn't appreciating it enough at the time and now I regret it. Anyone else ever felt like this after a show? It's horrible. 

Yup, I truly know what you mean and how you feel. After flying all the way to Bangkok, I had to purchase tickets for their Dubai desert concert and after that one i couldn't get enough and flying to Vienna. They are like a drug, once you are hooked, you can't stop and want more ✌?

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, I saw them in San Jose, Costa Rica, now my husband and I have plane and concert tickets for Miami in August 8....I cannot wait!!

My love for GNR surprisingly rekindled thanks to AC/DC.....I was for work in Fort Lauderdale and a cousin take me to see them as a Bday present last year...I didn't know Axl was fronting AC/DC....imagine the surprise when my cousin told me...it was the experience of my life!!!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Just take it all in, soak it all up cos it's gone in the blink of an eye and then who the hell knows if we will ever see these guys on stage together again, or Axl at all :( 

I loved AC/DC, but I didn't stress about finding a good spot for that show and just kinda went along with the flow and had a great time. 

This time I stressed about everything, couldn't get excited at all because of stressing about getting a good spot and all that kind of shit and now I regret that. Even though I saw them on back to back shows. I am so mad at myself!! :max:

There has to be a "next time" :( 

All I have to look forward to now is Metallica and they don't mean so much to me, so I'll just breeze in and out of that one. 

I know I know...I'll try to do my best :nervous:. I am kinda stressing about finding a good spot and keeping it the whole show. And have no idea on whom shall I focus the most :ph34r:

After Prague I'll have 6 more days till my Vienna show and maybe I'll get it right next time. 

Yiss, there HAS to be a next time :nervous:. Right, Axl?

jump_zpsatltuwak.gif

In the meantime...

Looks like the whole band has a thing for the openers

19379717_130516644194845_1006033863601815552_n.jpg

Another flannel shirt guy

19367317_1400473873355217_176764807905542144_n.jpg

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

?

It`s normal, it`s a drug (addictive AF and quiet expensive, too), you get high, you get low afterwards...

After some time, it will settle down and you will have better and more positive insight.

If you did the best you could in that moment (forget your current commenting self, it was not there at given moment, it`s mere overanalyzing asshole), you got it, you enjoyed it the best way you were able to do. Don`t compare it with anybody`s description. No regrets. Even if you plan best scenario, there may be million things going on in each and every show you`ll ever go and with which you won`t be able to do anything with.

12 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

In the meantime...

Looks like the whole band has a thing for the openers

19379717_130516644194845_1006033863601815552_n.jpg

God, looking at this makes me even more glad that Axl hangs out with Alison (either they're just friends or there's something more) and not with someone like the members of this band, although he couldn't be since they are locals from Poland (googled).

Just now, Blackstar said:

God, looking at this makes me even more glad that Axl hangs out with Alison (either they're just friends or there's something more) and not with someone like the members of this band, although he couldn't be since they are locals from Poland (googled).

Google the lead singer of that band and Slash. I promise you, it's hilarious :lol:

Wtf you guys, I wasn't gone that long, was I? :lol: Just been doing some real life stuff. And I lurked around a bit too, to at least keep up with you all :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

@Frey you're still alive!!!! :rofl-lol:

The Women's Thread gives their blessing to Alaxl. Probably they're not even a thing but whatever :lol:

Beta looked much happier with the Game of Thrones guy though :lol:

Now that'd be the ultimate pairing! Beta and Aquaman! They can elope and swim off into the sunset together, leaving Axl free to pursue... other things.

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Lol I never believed in "Axl is with Sasha for sure" or "Sasha is pregnant" or anything else. And this whole Alixl thing will probably turn out to be nothing too.

But I wouldn't mind it being true. Axl's not getting any younger, and Beta won't be around forever either (nor will her kids always have the time and willingness to take care of Axl as he gets older), so I'd like to see him settle down with someone and spend the last decades (hopefully) of his life with someone that cares about him.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Welcome back :)

What seems to be a problem with Alixl :awesomeface: (if it really exists or is in the works, of course) is what @MillionsOfSpiders pointed out about her not being the kind of woman to follow Axl around him much, as she has her own career.

I guess if we still see her around from now on, then there probably is something going on. If she disappears again now that London and their opening slots are a thing of the past, they're just acquaintances who partied together.

Here is the quote:

SO, WHY THE HELL DID YOU END UP USING AXL ROSE AS A LOOSE CONCEPT FOR THE ALBUM?
LAURA JANE GRACE (VOCALS/GUITAR): “Guns N’ Roses were hugely influential to me, especially when I was a kid. I listened to tons of bands like that when I was a small kid, like, eight or nine years old. It felt dangerous to me.and I definitely identified with the ambiguity they presented – you couldn’t tell if the members were boys or girls! Axl Rose was so androgynous, especially for such a young person. I just loved that band, so, in a way, I wanted to reclaim that part of my childhood and present my own version of that.”

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/kerrang-uk/20160601/281818578084892

Axl being mad about them using him was just a rumour though, I think ( @Tori72). They had said he used voodoo against them or something. We know about Axl being into that new age fraud, Yoda etc. and that period (around 2002) was probably his darkest, but I don't think he would do that. It was just not long after the RS article and all that and people liked to make up crazy stories about him.

I like that Against Me story, I remember reading it in the Izzy thread. Pretty fascinating that Axl and the other guys being so androgynous looking had such an impact on a young transgender kid.

Funnily enough, pretty much the only association I have with Against Me's singer is her singing "Androgynous" by The Replacements with Miley Cyrus. I saw a video clip of that somewhere.

So that's another GNR connection right there lol.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Her hair here... hmm...

She looks really cute there imo...

And yes, I can see she also looks like Axl when he was young here :facepalm: Please everyone refrain from pointing that out to me :scared::lol::facepalm:

I couldn't put my finger on it exactly, but Google saves the day once again:

tumblr_o8q626juhH1ub5rdfo1_500_zps9m3lxc

axl.jpg.13afa876d35229a8ddd2ccca62df51ad

c4772db548c1b806a537a47ed9579024_zpshgdw

Edited by Frey
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The earlier stuff is something like modern garage rock and noise rock (somewhat in the same vein with The White Stripes). The more recent stuff (I've heard a couple of songs) sounds more conventional.

Ooooh... yes, I knew it sort of reminded me of that. Also like the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs and I got mad 'cause I thought she was copying Karen O :max:

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Her hair here... hmm...

LOoooooooool :lol:

WTTJ video?? Well..... I think we must not be surprised. If she's 38ish-39ish then she's pretty much the age of the average GN'R fan that got into the band during pre-teen, teenager years. That's the core of the GNR fandom. So it feels pretty normal if she has been influenced by the 80's/90's music.

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe her and Axl are just attracted to each other for now, how would they ever maintain a relationship with their hectic tour schedules and such? She seems to be much more productive creatively than Axl too. Can't see her ever becoming like Meegan or Susan and travelling around supporting him so much, then again maybe that's not what he'd want. Who knows :shrugs:

Same way he always did... He's got plenty of money to travel back and forth and put her on planes to visit him or fly anywhere.

She's not like Susan or Meegan first because of her age, she's still got a whole another decade to be productive and build up her career. Also the fact of not having children is what keeps her free (I assume she doesn't have any! I know nothing about her) and that's the only reason I can think of in order to see her becoming like the other wives... For a future when she will slow down, have children and dedicate to Axl, lol.... He has Beta, though, so she shouldn't worry about having to travel and support him :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Maybe they know "something" is going on, and they want to be supportive or whatever.

Haha, I thought of this too!! Grace is totally in love with her and maybe Andrei's attitude has more to do with sucking up to her for being the boss gf rather than him wanting to shag her or whatever, lol.

2 hours ago, Frey said:

That makes the age gap between Axl and Alison Mosshart seem downright normal. And maybe there's still a chance for Axl to pass his genes on too

Lol, no, it's not normal :scared: but given the circumstances, I agree it is not THAT bad, especially when comparing it to the intelligent models he was hanging out with before and the embarrassment that Sasha is.

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Beta looked much happier with the Game of Thrones guy though 

Well... who wouldn't? :smiley-confused2:

But she makes a nice couple with Tom Jones!! I hope that works out. Beta needs to leave Axl alone and find her soulmate, she deserves a rest after all these years of taking care of the manchild :devilshades:

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Awwwwwwwwwwww, you're so jelly!!! :hug:

:rofl-lol:

The other day in the Izzy thread @Tori72 brought up Against Me!, a band with very different sound and philosophy to GnR, whose leader, a transgender woman, said how important GnR were for her as a kid and implied that Axl's androgynous look helped her find her identity

Oh gee... I've read a lot about that band but I never listened to their music :lol:

Basically because I've come to known about them because of my alerts, every time there's an Axl Rose mention I get an alert and at first I was confused but yeah, like I said before, I think it's pretty normal that a lot of the artists in their 30's have been more or less influenced by these bands.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

?

Ugh, this is pretty much what happened to me right after my shows. I was pissed off at myself for being such an idiot not enjoying every second of it, for being distracted by every little thing instead of focusing my attention on the stage.

I had to download the show to help me remember some things and when I watched videos of my shows I thought that was nothing like what I had lived! :rofl-lol:

Now I'm looking forward for a second round to make up to all the "mistakes" I did with shows last year :unsure:

43 minutes ago, domino said:

Yup, I truly know what you mean and how you feel. After flying all the way to Bangkok, I had to purchase tickets for their Dubai desert concert and after that one i couldn't get enough and flying to Vienna. They are like a drug, once you are hooked, you can't stop and want more ✌?

Aren't you that girl who took a picture with Axl outside his Dubai hotel/restaurant? :ph34r:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Google the lead singer of that band and Slash. I promise you, it's hilarious :lol:

I did, and it turned me this, lol:

Also pages in Polish where she says (I google-translated) how much Slash appreciates her talent and that she got a free ticket for the GnR Vegas shows.

Is there anything more? :lol:

Edited by Blackstar

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes! I saw Axl grab his mic and I thought he was going to sing on this new song.. Then I realised it was Better :lol:

Pretty sure I saw you in the GC queue on Friday. You were just ahead of me, got your hand numbered by the number one person there :lol: then everyone got jumbled and started to fall out over who was where?? I thought that was you, I'm way too shy of a person to just go and talk to someone though lol. 

Oh, you should have said something, I would have loved to talk to you :hug:

And all those people thinking they could cheat in line making my blood boil :bitchfight:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Axl has a new daddy :ph34r: (a daddy that - at 77 - still parties like there's no tomorrow :smiley-confused2:)

Btw. 2 weeks till my Prague show and I'm losing my excitement because I've been waiting for too long, there's a thick layer of dust on my ticket, almost everyone has seen the show and I feel like there will be nothing left for me :max::unsure:

(maybe I should have really gone to see Myles Kennedy :rofl-lol:)

The show in Prague will be killer, I'll be there:P

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Ooooh... yes, I knew it sort of reminded me of that. Also like the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs and I got mad 'cause I thought she was copying Karen O :max:

Yes, they emerged around the same time. They were part of the same "movement", kind of.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes! I saw Axl grab his mic and I thought he was going to sing on this new song.. Then I realised it was Better :lol:

Bummer! :lol:

and I am also in the minority because I like The Kills :P
Hmm Alisson and Axl, that would be interesting! I approve! :awesomeface: But at this point it is just speculation.

• Like 1

LOL Axl should carry on with this since it is very odd that the Women's Thread approves almost in unanimity this candidate for him :ph34r:

So make something out of it while it lasts or........... F...... O...... with your dumb models and sleazy Yayas :hahafyou:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Now I've been waiting for more than 6 months and in 3 weeks it all will be over and nothing to look forward to. That's what kinda scares me...all the expectations - the show - game over. Lol, I'm an idiot :facepalm: 

6 months?? 6 bloody months??? i had to wait 24 YEARS!!!! :lol: 29th and 30th of May 1993 was the last time i saw them-until last weekend of course:lol: 6 months!! You've been spoilt young lady:P

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

6 months?? 6 bloody months??? i had to wait 24 YEARS!!!! :lol: 29th and 30th of May 1993 was the last time i saw them-until last weekend of course:lol: 6 months!! You've been spoilt young lady:P

Nonono. I mean that I bought my NITL ticket more than 6 months ago :rofl-lol:. I've been waiting much longer :max::P

The last time they played in Prague was in 2010. I wasn't there but according to many sources by the time the show was scheduled to start Axl was arguing with a receptionist at a hotel....in London!!! They were 4 hours late and left Prague immediately after the show. They hate us :unsure:

Edited by Andy14