GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

37 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ohhh, there's about three or four others.. but they don't mean anything to me.. I swear :rofl-lol:

I'm gonna watch you :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

(maybe think of selling your ticket if you dislike Axl so much now :cry: ??  Or just go for Slash and ignore Axl :)

Nonono, it will be fine (I'm a double personality looooool). I'm sure that as soon as he hits the stage I'll be in awe and will want to marry him again :rofl-lol:. I hope :nervous:

Btw. Is that Axl's jacket?

613872a4e1aaa864dc12d915005246b2.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Really?  Even back in the 90s? Flannel was big in AK back then. It was everywhere. Grunge was so popular! 

I live in a part of the Pacific Northwest that has a lot of hippies.

7 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Really? For Me His fashion before join NITL is good, So it was His Wife tips

So its Daxl vs Susan now:lol:

Neither for me. Sluff. :smiley-confused2:

1 hour ago, domino said:

@BorderlineCrazy Happy jolly good Birthday. Celebrate with some crazy 'roses music ??????....ps. Wish I would be still 29 ?

Thanks! I'll be listening to their version of The Seeker all day long :P

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

We're nearly the same age :ph34r:. But I'm older :max:. Anyway, you are a Gemini and don't take off your shoes at home, so....:bitchfight:

That sounds like a list of reasons why you're rejecting me :lol: It's a bit cruel but at the same time I'm already taken by @dgnr so it's all good anyways ^_^ Can we still be friends even if I'm younger and a Gemini? 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I have to agree with @BorderlineCrazy here...

That must be a first. The benefits of being the birthday boy. Haha, just kidding :P It really sucks that people don't care about the other members of tre band (and same goes to pretty much every band) but that's just the way it goes. There certainly are diverse opinions here on the forum which is fine.

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

Wow, what a present Boca gave to you then! Happy belated Birthday! Hope you had a great one, you deserve it :heart:

Just got home and heard about this. I don't want to get all my hopes up and think about a AFD5 show but my mind is doing tricks to me and I'm already seeing Izzy playing Think About You :max: Anyway, I expect my invitation too. Take your time, Andrei.

Thanks, I did have a great one! Would have been better if you were here, though :wub: :P

Don't worry, it's not your mind, it's the band that's doing tricks to you (and us all) as usual. Then they'll leave us lying on the bed with our asses in the air :smiley-confused2:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

If its not going to be true to the sentiment and roots of #Appetite then it can f--- o----, for all I care.
Never thought this band would become all of what they despised and stood against :facepalm:

I totally agree with you about how much it will suck if they do it for a bunch of random celebrities and without the original line up. I'm just hoping we'll get a good pro shot at least, some quality footage of Slash and Axl together. They have to give us that at least!!

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Haha!! Even in the ridiculous UK outfit I still thought he was cool ?

He's (almost) always cool but the point is, maybe Fernando can actually do something cool for once even while wearing those hideous things. Or maybe not :rolleyes: :lol:

• Like 1

For once and for all, do something for the fans instead of pleasing your bitches with silicone injections, bleached blond hair and collagen lip projections.....:fuckyou:

If its not going to be true to the sentiment and roots of #Appetite then it can f--- o----, for all I care.
Never thought this band would become all of what they despised and stood against :facepalm:

I hear where you're coming from with this, with all the intelligent models etc... but it got me a bit... I have dyed hair and plastic surgery (medical, not cosmetic, but still hurts because most people seem to think that al plastic surgery is for vanity). Let's encourage some sisterly solidarity in the women's thread :hug:. We live in a patriarchy, after all, which encourages women to go and do crazy things to themselves in order to get on in the world (cosmetic surgery is just one example).

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That heat is a killer, I was so happy when they finally let us in and we got to the shade and then the stage was so big it gave us a good shadow to stand in (ended up losing my aviators and GnR cap in the pit :(

The problem is it gets so humid too and it saps all of your energy. Even Axl could hardly wear his jackets :lol: Second night they put a huge fan on the stage for them. 

They had water for the rail people but it was in these big open tubs  and I am funny about stuff like that, what could get in there?? so I let myself dehydrate badly and could hardly walk out of the stadium, had to keep sitting down lol. 

The London shows were a brilliant atmosphere, I never even thought about the terror threat at all from the minute I set foot in London. Funny how that happens there, it has a vibe all of its own that's for sure. I moan a lot and say I hate it there but I don't really, there's just nowhere else like that city haha!! 

Woah that sounds rough! Hard to believe just four weeks ago at Slane we were walking and standing in a downpour!! 

I was suspicious of the tubs of water too... even the security guard handing them out said "I wouldn't touch that". Can it be legal??!

4 hours ago, Andy14 said:

gnr_apollo1498000196.jpg.871037fb1e83effcd14205c7d316331b.jpg

Guns N’ Roses will perform at Harlem’s world famous Apollo Theater for a special invitation-only concert 

Well...I'm expecting my invitation soon :popcorn:...otherwise :bitchfight::max:

OMG OMG!! :wow:  Fuck invitation-only! So that means celebs plus certain very high-profile fans who go to every gig and their photos go viral yeah? (nothing against them, I've met them and they are lovely, but invitation-only gets me in the heart for all the reasons already mentioned...)

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

The DECENT thing to do for the fans would be all you said above and a real pro camera video to livestream for the fans and a DVD or whatever set / itunes to make money of it.

I'm sure that would also be a media blast and they would get so much reach and all and probably the sales of AFD would rise. But well, why am I not in the PR team? They could also give interviews to raise awareness and make it bigger.

They could also get Izzy to say, Hello Tori, I love you and I'm sorry I never made it to Munich. But oh well ... 

:rofl-lol:

Bolded: +1. But the non-crazed-GNR-fan side of me thinks - maybe this is coming from Axl through TB. He just doesn't seem to dig the grass-roots aspect of things. 

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Asia I feel the same. I was not expecting Axl to be so crazy and now I wanna ditch my life here (not my kids) and follow them everywhere :lol:

I am still feeling absolutely depressed it's all over for me and jealous of anyone who has a ticket :( 

Cant they find us a job working for them? 

They should. They absolutely should!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Asia said:

I can't, I am too broke. Were they still playing in August, I would. But the leg ends probably before or a few days after I receive my next salary :(

That's a bummer! I always wanted to travel to see the band (or Slash) more times and in different countries but so far I've never been able either. It sucks!

45 minutes ago, Asia said:

God, girls, it was just amazing. Amazing and unbelievable. Best night of my life. And I also lost all excitement before this, I even regretted buying the ticket. It turned out an experience I would sell a kidney for.

They are... well, I'm lost for words. They are in a league of their own. Nothing compares to them, nothing! It was magic, a musical orgy, three hour long greatest high ever, I don't even know how to describe this.

Axl sounded amazing, no Mickey at all, the mickey is 99% you tube I think, his voice was solid, strong, melodic and really good, rasp or no rasp. Even NR and YCBM sounded great. Coma was just, aaa, I almost died of bliss, I swear.

I was at the rail on the right side of the stage and when they ran there I had Axl like three meters from me, or Slash or Duff, and they were coming there often, it was surreal. God, I waved at Axl once and he waved back smiling, it was so cool.

There were at least three or four litle Slaxl moments when Axl put his arm around Slash or leaned on his shoulder. One of those happened right before my eyes. I cheered like an idiot (hopefully maybe they didn't see it, but I just couldn't resist)! Generally they seem very okey with one another, like I said Axl touched him several times, there's an evident aura of easiness and things being just right between them. Axl looks at Slash very often, when Slash plays, they often exchange looks or smile or something as they pass by each other and the moment when they stood next to each other in Coma was just magical. Such a great feeling of togetherness. I'm right now more convinced than ever that hings really are fine between them. Which of course makes Axl happy and Axl is happy. He runs around like crazy almost all the time, I'm really impressed with his fitness and unbelievable enrgy. He smiles all the time, he mimics us the audience and our stupid gestures and lauges, he,s extremely nice and smiles at every eye contact, he's really great! Slash is more ofcused, he's in a world of his own, very concentrated. Only every so often he comes back to reality (for example, cause Axl forces him too, haha) and then maybe he sees you, probably cause he sometimes smiled. But mostly he was focused. Focused not bored. Those idiots who consider it boredom are out of their minds.

Well, his playing is amazing, the sound of his guitar can put you in a trance simply. Every now and then also Duff would run near and talk to us, trying to understand ehat people were screaming to him, trying to answer. They way they keep in contact with the audience or rather with particular fans is amazing. Makes you fell as if they invited you personally to their party. It,s just surreal.

I will write more about particular songs and other stuff later on when I'm back home and reunited  with my laptop but it was the night of my life. Now I'm down, cause it's over. I wanna dump everything and just follow them on tour forever, hahaha. 

Great review, great feeling ?

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I totally agree with you about how much it will suck if they do it for a bunch of random celebrities and without the original line up. I'm just hoping we'll get a good pro shot at least, some quality footage of Slash and Axl together. They have to give us that at least!!

I don't know.... did we get the Troubadour show yet??

Just a couple of lame videos here and there and it's all forgotten already.

It's been more than a year and they have given us nothing worth of anything. It is always just selective prizes or things for selective markets and selected fans.

41 minutes ago, money honey said:

I hear where you're coming from with this, with all the intelligent models etc... but it got me a bit... I have dyed hair and plastic surgery (medical, not cosmetic, but still hurts because most people seem to think that al plastic surgery is for vanity). Let's encourage some sisterly solidarity in the women's thread :hug:. We live in a patriarchy, after all, which encourages women to go and do crazy things to themselves in order to get on in the world (cosmetic surgery is just one example).

I'm sorry, you know I'm not like that and I'm pretty sure you know what I meant.

My hair is dyed too but I'm far from being a model or one of those women who fall prey of the patriarchal rules regarding aesthetics. I have fought it all my life and I have friends who are weak enough to have fallen for that, only to NEVER achieve the things they were looking for with that kind of shite.

Knowing the causes and roots of such disgrace, I still think there is some responsability on the women's side to keep making those choices (to get on in the world) but I understand that not everybody has the same justice spirit that I have or are willing to live a life of antagonism like mine.

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It's been more than a year and they have given us nothing worth of anything. It is always just selective prizes or things for selective markets and selected fans.

I'm sorry, you know I'm not like that and I'm pretty sure you know what I meant.

My hair is dyed too but I'm far from being a model or one of those women who fall prey of the patriarchal rules regarding aesthetics. I have fought it all my life and I have friends who are weak enough to have fallen for that, only to NEVER achieve the things they were looking for with that kind of shite.

Knowing the causes and roots of such disgrace, I still think there is some responsability on the women's side to keep making those choices (to get on in the world) but I understand that not everybody has the same justice spirit that I have or are willing to live a life of antagonism like mine.

Me too ;)

thanks for taking the trouble to clarify.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

How the fuck are they going to find 1500 celebrities and models to turn up to that one night? 

How is that possible :question:

It probably will be something like 1/3 celebs, journalists, industry people etc., 1/3 Sirius subscribers and 1/3 "selected fans"

• Like 3

I didn't express myself correctly. If it were up to the band, I'm sure we're not getting anything, I hope Sirius XM will broadcast it with video and all. Even if it's only for US, it will be uploaded everywhere a few hours after. Something like this:

If it doesn't happen, then my hopes are in Rock In Rio.

19 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

How the fuck are they going to find 1500 celebrities and models to turn up to that one night? 

Don't be silly girl, it's obviously just 1400 celebrities and then 100 people from Nightrian :P

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

With promises of lots of social media exposure, magazine exposure, television exposure, you tube clips, TMZ outside and all that shit the celebs need "to promote themselves at the expense of others" (does it sound familiar? that line? :awesomeface:)

Just like it was with the Troubadour show and the real fans like FEDE, listening from across the street and being pushed away by the police :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I didn't express myself correctly. If it were up to the band, I'm sure we're not getting anything, I hope Sirius XM will broadcast it with video and all. Even if it's only for US, it will be uploaded everywhere a few hours after. Something like this:

Ah, okay... now THAT would be DA SHIT :unsure:

But knowing Axl... probably it will just be audio and for the suscribers of Sirius XM like you said...... I have no idea. One cool thing it would be that Nightrain members can access to it via stream, but for sure it will be closed to the U.S. again so baaaaah..... I'm going so much into depression because of this shit. I just wanna die :no:

On 6/10/2017 at 3:30 PM, triad said:

I believe you that the long curls are extensions or a weave or something, but as of the beginning of 2016 Adler had hair.  Kind of thin, frizzy hair, enhanced by Bosley, see below.  Where's this photo of him without hair?  

adler2016.jpg

This is the photo, all of that hair he sports is just a wig. It's ok though, we still love him.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Ah, okay... now THAT would be DA SHIT :unsure:

But knowing Axl... probably it will just be audio and for the suscribers of Sirius XM like you said...... I have no idea. One cool thing it would be that Nightrain members can access to it via stream, but for sure it will be closed to the U.S. again so baaaaah..... I'm going so much into depression because of this shit. I just wanna die :no:

Don't say that! Maybe they will finally surprise us doing the right thing for once and if not, we still have the little south american tour. There's always something to look up to, don't give up on this bunch of assholes :(

Edited by BorderlineCrazy

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Metallica did this too, I wonder how theirs went. 

Yes, from what I just read, it looks like the same thing: fans had the chance to win an invitation either via Sirius or via the fan club. I don't know how many celebs were there.

The "invitation only" thing means that there will not be tickets for sale.

Of course it would be better if they did another (more fan friendly) way,  but I honestly don't think that it will be all about celebrities. And the intelligent models seem to be out of the picture as we discussed the other day.

• Like 1