GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Just now, janrichmond said:

Nooooo festvals, i'm too old to sleep in a tent!!

Especially as the tent field is now an hour hike over mud and rocks to get to the arena :scared:

I have some horrible memories from Donington but that hike from piss soaked tent field to arena is the worst :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Is security the same at every venue? Wouldn't they just hire locals?

No, this guy travels with the band. He's the same guy @Lumikki described because I saw him down at the barrier scouring the crowd with his beady eyes. A big dude with a black beard. 

Never seen so many people pulled out of a pit as I did in London on night 1. 

13 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Is security the same at every venue? Wouldn't they just hire locals?

I think its half and a half.

The security for the band is always the same and travel with them. The rest are locals but I'm afraid those policies of ripping off banners, unfortunately, come from the band's security, not the locals.

I hope when they return to Argentina their security is adviced not to command themselves with violence because those things here spread like wildfire.

• Like 1

I saw the black beard guy in Munich too. He was chatting away with Fernando who was taking pictures of Axl's new girlfriend. He didn't do any thing in Munich and I can't remember people being pulled out during GnR. Maybe that speaks against us Germans being the most boring crowd in the world... who knows :facepalm::awesomeface:

Edited by Tori72

Let me just get this bit straight - the people who got pulled out of the crowd in London were absolutely drunk or already fighting, in that respect I'm glad the security was so tight. Normally I go home with a few bruises and whatnot so it was quite nice seeing them got rid of from the get go :lol:

One man had five of them holding him down and he was still kicking and punching so the big dude with black beard waded in on him - black beard looked well happy to be in a scrap :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

So many fights in London haha. There was a few women on night 1 as well, removed for being pissed out of their tree :lol: 

On night 1 we saw a bloke getting removed by the first aid people, he was so drunk he could barely walk, like legless! This was while the Kills were still on!!! What a waste of money that was for him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

On night 1 we saw a bloke getting removed by the first aid people, he was so drunk he could barely walk, like legless! This was while the Kills were still on!!! What a waste of money that was for him.

I was next to this woman and she must have had at least ten of those cocktails, she kept asking me my name and so my sister wrote it on my head :lol:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NorwegianGirl said:

I'll have to choose a perfect moment where he can actually see it before seq. Attacks me! 

Ah the security...they always wanna spoil things which sucks. It's not like you are having a bottle or whatever. It's just a simple banner. My friends made a bet with me that I somehow gonna take a banner or a shirt with me ???

9 hours ago, janrichmond said:

There were a lot removed on night 2 also. All men, all fighting.Arseholes.

Why can't people just enjoy a f@*#ing amazing concert without getting drunk and being roadies? It kind of sucks when other people try enjoying a show next to dushbags ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, domino said:

Why can't people just enjoy a f@*#ing amazing concert without getting drunk and being roadies? It kind of sucks when other people try enjoying a show next to dushbags ?

People are idiots, especially ones that only go to one concert a year because the big band is in town. 

On the train home from London to the north I was in carriage full of still drunk Stone Roses fans, awful. 

1 hour ago, domino said:

Ah the security...they always wanna spoil things which sucks. It's not like you are having a bottle or whatever. It's just a simple banner. My friends made a bet with me that I somehow gonna take a banner or a shirt with me ???

The guys next to me at the railing in Slane had a huge banner (pic posted here at the time). A local security guard brought out some cable ties for them to use to attach the banner to the railing, saying "I shouldn't be doing this but here you go". That said, they pulled a few people out of the crowd during the gig. Nothing over the top though. 

An annoying guy behind me passed a mask up to Richard Fortus, another security guard passed it up for him. :shrugs:

Given Axl's lovely reaction to @NorwegianGirl's banner, and the pictures from 80s/90s showing Axl holding up banners, I think the band members actually like banners. It's the only way for them to get individual messages from fans!

So fans love them, the band loves them... it seems to be only the band's security team that has a problem.

• Like 1

Right up until the "where's Izzy" sign there has never been a problem with banners as I can recall. 

There are many pictures of Axl holding them up from the 80s right up until recently and even one on this tour in Argentina. Only now they aren't wanted. 

Banners are the new Slash t shirts :rolleyes:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

I'm not sure about whether they like them, cause apparently Axl told somebody in Gdańsk to take the banner down (haven't heard that personally but it can be seen on a video). I still don't know what was on the banner but I saw how the owner tried to negotiate with the black guy probably wantning to keep it at least, but the black guy just shook his head and pulled it away from him.

I don't know what's the logic behind this, maybe it's to make sure that all people see the stage... Also, in Gdańsk they definitely didn't allow for sitting on somebody's shoulders.

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I doubt it is because they are so concerned about fans behind being able to see and is more about they might set Axl off. 

But then why would they take all of them away, which I guess they do? Unlikely that "We love you" or something would set Axl off... Also Axl hasn't shown a smallest sign of irritation on stage for the last two years, so no need for that much caution, I'd say...

Edited by Asia

10 minutes ago, Asia said:

But then why would they take all of them away, which I guess they do? Unlikely that "We love you" or something would set Axl off... Also Axl hasn't shown a smallest sign of irritation on stage for the last two years, so no need for that much caution, I'd say...

There is a pattern here though. Axl notices and acknowledges the sign.. couple of minutes later here is mr security to snatch it away and rip it up. 

I think that is odd. 

Yup, and I don't exactly get it, cause banners are a cool thing and such a traditional part of rock shows...

By the way, did anyone understand what Axl says here after he tickles Slash around 3:20? Can't make it out...

Edited by Asia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, money honey said:

The guys next to me at the railing in Slane had a huge banner (pic posted here at the time). A local security guard brought out some cable ties for them to use to attach the banner to the railing, saying "I shouldn't be doing this but here you go". That said, they pulled a few people out of the crowd during the gig. Nothing over the top though. 

An annoying guy behind me passed a mask up to Richard Fortus, another security guard passed it up for him. :shrugs:

Given Axl's lovely reaction to @NorwegianGirl's banner, and the pictures from 80s/90s showing Axl holding up banners, I think the band members actually like banners. It's the only way for them to get individual messages from fans!

So fans love them, the band loves them... it seems to be only the band's security team that has a problem.

Wonder if Axl will hold the banner if I throw Him Slaxl banner:ph34r: