GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

Kinda off-topic: Went to see Aerosmith last night and I wish that we had Slaxl material of the same quality as Tyler/Perry :drool:

Oh wow. Was the gig as amazing as I think it was? And Tyler/Perry acutally spoke to each other all those 24 years ;)

Is there a fan obsession for Tyler/Perry as there is for Slaxl? Are fans that crazy with any band?

9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Is there a fan obsession for Tyler/Perry as there is for Slaxl? Are fans that crazy with any band?

I'd say so. If you look around the internet, you can find fanfiction and fanart for nearly any band that has "shippable" guys in it. Places like rockfic.com have tons of bands listed. Iirc, Metallica used to be very popular for this kind of thing as well (probably still is).

Also (or even especially) applies to boy bands lol. I've noticed the kids who are into One Direction on Tumblr seem pretty obsessed with pairing up two particular band members as well. The one guy that always hangs out with the McKagans and wanted to play Axl in a GNR movie (what happened to that anyway?) and the other guy who's name I can't remember seem to be the main pairing.

(Before anyone crucifies me, I swear to Slash God I'm not a One Direction fan, I merely noticed while hanging out on Tumblr :ph34r::lol:)

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

YES! Why the hell is there too much clothing? He only needs white shorts, a kilt, shoes, a bandana and a mesh shirt :max:

I wish I could play like this with real Axl :drool:

I thought you were cheating on Axl atm? And now you wanna play dress-up with him? :max:

11 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

If Slaxl was like this too :smiley-confused2:

I actually much prefer early Slaxl ;) Btw, I don't know if you watched that Troubadour show and if you know what the actual context was for the fragment from 1:54 was:

Axl was singing Jumping Jack Flash and was adding their names to the lyrics, so he was singing "Slash was drowned, he was washed up and left for dead" (I think it was this line that was attributed to Slash) and as soon as he finished singning this part he immediately hugged Slash like that (let me guess it reminded him of some real-life scary situation). That was really spontaneous and sweet...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Kinda off-topic: Went to see Aerosmith last night and I wish that we had Slaxl material of the same quality as Tyler/Perry :drool:

I wouldn't want that because they have notourisly a tumultous relationship off stage and i don't think the slaxl relationship can sustain that kind of stress, they're not like that, i prefer the material we get with a friendly relationship outside of stage, less stress, than a Toxic Twins-esque relationship tbh :lol:

11 minutes ago, Asia said:

I actually much prefer early Slaxl ;) Btw, I don't know if you watched that Troubadour show and if you know what the actual context was for the fragment from 1:54 was:

Axl was singing Jumping Jack Flash and was adding their names to the lyrics, so he was singing "Slash was drowned, he was washed up and left for dead" (I think it was this line that was attributed to Slash) and as soon as he finished singning this part he immediately hugged Slash like that (let me guess it reminded him of some real-life scary situation). That was really spontaneous and sweet...

Awwwww :wub:

10 minutes ago, giuls said:

I wouldn't want that because they have notourisly a tumultous relationship off stage and i don't think the slaxl relationship can sustain that kind of stress, they're not like that, i prefer the material we get with a friendly relationship outside of stage, less stress, than a Toxic Twins-esque relationship tbh :lol:

I agree.

Also, sorry to all Joe Perry/Steven Tyler/Aerosmith fans, but I just find these two really, really ugly lol. I mean, I like their music, but I don't exactly want to picture doing them anything else :wacko:

11 minutes ago, Asia said:

I didn't know that actually!

That's very sweet. I could see your theory being true, especially since Slash tended to pass out in unfortunate places and situations a lot. Who knows, maybe Axl was just messing around and being silly with the song lyrics and then unintentionally dragged up some scary memories or emotions. So he then had to cling to Slash a bit to comfort himself. :wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

49 minutes ago, giuls said:

They did it onstage even when they hated each other`s guts, or Steven Tyler says so in his biography. He also says that when they are onstage, he and Perry are one two-headed monster, no matter what happened offstage. (a wild and strong monster it is, saw it live, was impressed. They have at least great respect for each other anyway, it was appreciable through all the show). 

Some sketch? Inspired by some interview where Axl said something like he likes to lean his back to the speaker when Slash plays to feel his music. (No reference, pencil & long boring day at work)

studio_by_aljathefox-dbe8z73.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:
2 hours ago, Asia said:

I didn't know that actually!

That's very sweet. I could see your theory being true, especially since Slash tended to pass out in unfortunate places and situations a lot. Who knows, maybe Axl was just messing around and being silly with the song lyrics and then unintentionally dragged up some scary memories or emotions. So he then had to cling to Slash a bit to comfort himself. :wub:

Here is the video. He hugged him right before he sang this verse (1:53):

Axl had modified the lyrics playing with the names of the band also in two of the demos of this song

Slash was drowned, he was washed up left for dead,

Steven scowled as the sight of the crust of bread.

Duff looked around, there was no sign of our friend,

Oh, Izzy was crowned, with a spike right through his face.

:lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Here is the video. He hugged him right before he sang this verse (1:53):

Axl had modified the lyrics playing with the names of the band also in two of the demos of this song

Slash was drowned, he was washed up left for dead,

Steven scowled as the sight of the crust of bread.

Duff looked around, there was no sign of our friend,

Oh, Izzy was crowned, with a spike right through his face.

:lol:

Slash and Izzy's verses were both violent and only Slash got hugged. Poor Izzy.

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Lol 

That reminds me of the video where Axl is doing ballet moves in the hotel hallway. Lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dgnr said:

Tako has been to many Aerosmith shows lately and took tons of pics of these 2. 

Nice photos....but would SO much rather be seeing Slaxl instead. Hmph! 

I love baby axl ? it melts my heart, if I ever have kids I one a little axl like that ?????. Well all thw drawings are so cool , there should be an anime japanese movie aboyt guns or a tv serie like roboguns ?

Edited by warrocks
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, warrocks said:

I love baby axl ? it melts my heart, if I ever have kids I one a little axl like that ?????. Well all thw drawings are so cool , there should be an anime japanese movie aboyt guns or a tv serie like roboguns ?

This eyes green!!! ?☺

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Tako has been to many Aerosmith shows lately and took tons of pics of these 2. 

Nice photos....but would SO much rather be seeing Slaxl instead. Hmph! 

Woooow.... Imagine if there was such picture of Slash grabbing Axl this way! :wow:

This thread, this forum and the whole Internet would erupt like a volcano :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm still grumpy :lol: I wish I had the money honey, I would definitely be going to more Euro shows :P What can I do but hope they come back here soon :( (and moan and whinge in the meantime) 

Metallica are here in October, they're jobbing it around the arenas. I'm going to Birmingham because the LG is loud!!  :headbang: I would have bought tickets for Manchester too but they are charging £100 for just one lol. 

No, nothing makes it better :( I thought it would be a nice ending to my GnR obsession for me, wrong wrong wrong :lol: It's only made me worse :cry:

It's a disease all right !:headbang:We're like addicts! I used to have a little but the little wouldn't do it so the little got more and more...

If speculation on this forum is any indication, they will be back. 

14 hours ago, Andy14 said:

YES! Why the hell is there too much clothing? He only needs white shorts, a kilt, shoes, a bandana and a mesh shirt :max:

I wish I could play like this with real Axl :drool:

What's with all the clothing?? He needs clumpy boots and tighty whities. No more. (Although I do love the kilt and fishnet belly top combination.)

13 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, money honey said:

It's a disease all right !:headbang:We're like addicts! I used to have a little but the little wouldn't do it so the little got more and more...

If speculation on this forum is any indication, they will be back. 

All the speculation I've read seems to be that Slash will go back to his band at the end of this run. :( 

They missed out a lot of Europe on this leg. I don't know as to why they would come back to the UK, maybe Ireland they will but they already played two massive shows here now, at a push maybe they could fill the Etihad in Manchester, or Glasgow. Otherwise they'd have to play arenas and I don't see them doing that whilst they can sell out stadiums in other parts of Europe. I hope I'm wrong though.