GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

All the speculation I've read seems to be that Slash will go back to his band at the end of this run. :( 

Didn't the "YUGE" announcement say that they were only getting started? I don't think Slash is leaving yet. After the US arena tour I think they'll head back to the UK.

• Like 1

Do you guys thing they'll continue selling out stadiums? After seeing the "reunion" and no new songs, why would so many people still wanna come? Except die hard fans like you, of course. But stadiums? 

(I wouldn't wanna go a second time if there's nothing new - or Izzy.)

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Didn't the "YUGE" announcement say that they were only getting started? I don't think Slash is leaving yet. After the US arena tour I think they'll head back to the UK.

Yeah, but that is GnR speak (it's not to be trusted) :lol:

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Do you guys thing they'll continue selling out stadiums? After seeing the "reunion" and no new songs, why would so many people still wanna come? Except die hard fans like you, of course. But stadiums? 

There's lots of places they haven't been to yet, they can sell stadiums there surely. Where we are? Probably not now, they would have to play arenas if they want to come back... or play the festivals :scared:

• Like 1

I think they will stop at least for some time after November 25.

I truly believe Angus and Axl will be involved in AC/DC in 2018. Angus is around too much....to think that the bromance has ended. There is only a rumor but the same promoter that brought Guns to San Jose put in his facebook page a giant bell saying that we should expect a mega announce for 2018. Everybody says is AC/DC. 

And Slash will be with the Conspirators to my despair (I don't like how Myles Kennedy sings)

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

That's very mature and sensible of you (not being sarcastic). I would go again any number of times even though I know it's crazy. I tell myself I don't smoke, don't drink (that much :ph34r:), you gotta have a vice right?! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, money honey said:

That's very mature and sensible of you (not being sarcastic). I would go again any number of times even though I know it's crazy. I tell myself I don't smoke, don't drink (that much :ph34r:), you gotta have a vice right?! 

You totally do! No judgement here. And no guarantee I wouldn't go when the time comes up. :P Right now, I woudn't :shrugs:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alja said:

They did it onstage even when they hated each other`s guts, or Steven Tyler says so in his biography. He also says that when they are onstage, he and Perry are one two-headed monster, no matter what happened offstage. (a wild and strong monster it is, saw it live, was impressed. They have at least great respect for each other anyway, it was appreciable through all the show). 

That's what i said, slaxl's relationship isn't like that, i don't think they can't put outside their shit like Tyler/Perry did, if slaxl had their kind of relationship we wouldn't have the band, imo

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Here is the video. He hugged him right before he sang this verse (1:53):

Axl had modified the lyrics playing with the names of the band also in two of the demos of this song

Slash was drowned, he was washed up left for dead,

Steven scowled as the sight of the crust of bread.

Duff looked around, there was no sign of our friend,

Oh, Izzy was crowned, with a spike right through his face.

:lol:

That was seriously cute and i subscribe to the theory that it brought bad memories and he was trying to exorcises it.

About the future, who knows, i learnt to never make too many previsions with them, i'm never right :lol:

Edited by giuls
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Axl`s BFF said:

I think they will comeback next summer and play Manchester maybe Newcastle and one in Scotland hope we get some new material or even a single just to add something new :)

Where in Newcastle.. St.James Park?

All I can think of is Geordie Shore. Axl would be good on that :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

It's so easy for the guys to sell out stadiums, no matter what the price shall be. That's the 3rd show I'm gonna see this year after Asia and dubai...have to confess that I loved their showes more in the 90's....wild wild wild :headbang:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I think we are in for a good long break after November. Axl back with AC/DC, Slash back with Myles, Duff playing in his new mansions and promoting his "it" girls full time. 

They might reconvene for the occasional festival- that's where the money is. No money in new music. Even if there was, there's no way Axl and Slash would sit in a room together and jam through some ideas. I don't believe their relationship is that comfortable no matter how many times Axl rubs against Slash onstage. I also think Richard and Frank's status has been lowered even within the band itself. Slash and Duff are probably not chomping at the bit to create something with the great Richard Fortus. They are a great touring band, but I doubt they are functional enough to create something together. The most we would get is a CD leftover with Slash adding something to it. But they have little incentive to do even that.

I would think there would be a time when they couldn't fill up stadiums anymore, unless they are truly becoming like the Stones, and their status and the nostalgia factor keeps propelling people to go. Frankly, at the start of last year I thought they were crazy to think they could sell out all of these shows with no Izzy/Steven and no interviews or promotion, so what do I know?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Where in Newcastle.. St.James Park?

All I can think of is Geordie Shore. Axl would be good on that :lol:

they played Gateshead on the illusion tour so depends which ones bigger

can`t comment on Geordie shore I`ve managed to avoid seeing it :P

1 hour ago, domino said:

It's so easy for the guys to sell out stadiums, no matter what the price shall be. That's the 3rd show I'm gonna see this year after Asia and dubai...have to confess that I loved their showes more in the 90's....wild wild wild :headbang:

I wouldn't be so sure it is THAT easy for them to keep filling stadiums if they continue this tour for one more year.

They will be playing Buenos Aires and Santiago for a second time in a row and none of those shows are sold out so far in spite of having started selling the tickets a couple months ago.

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

I wouldn't be so sure it is THAT easy for them to keep filling stadiums if they continue this tour for one more year.

They will be playing Buenos Aires and Santiago for a second time in a row and none of those shows are sold out so far in spite of having started selling the tickets a couple months ago.

seriously? not sold out and this in BA? hell, time to book tickets down to argentina for me :headbang:

42 minutes ago, Axl`s BFF said:

they played Gateshead on the illusion tour so depends which ones bigger

can`t comment on Geordie shore I`ve managed to avoid seeing it :P

The athletics ground? Somehow I can't see them wanting to come to Newcastle, imagine trying to rip banners out of the hands of a bunch of Geordies :lol:

Although there was that time Axl was seen walking the Tyne (now Gazza is my head lol) and he went to see the Angel Of The North (can't find the pics any more but he definitely did) so maybe. I wouldn't mind Newcastle or Glasgow, I wouldn't go back to London it's just too expensive. 

I do doubt they could come back here in stadiums though. 

17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The athletics ground? Somehow I can't see them wanting to come to Newcastle, imagine trying to rip banners out of the hands of a bunch of Geordies :lol:

I do doubt they could come back here in stadiums though.

guess we`ll have to wait and see maybe an arena tour could be next, whatever happens hope the dates fall kindly and I get the chance to see them just  couldn't do London this time but saw Axl/DC last year so pretty happy about that :heart:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Axl`s BFF said:

guess we`ll have to wait and see maybe an arena tour could be next, whatever happens hope the dates fall kindly and I get the chance to see them just  couldn't do London this time but saw Axl/DC last year so pretty happy about that :heart:

I hope they fall kindly for you too. I am greedy, I've seen Axl/dc and GnR twice in just one year. You would think that would be enough :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What is that you're posting? Can't see anything...

Omg, the shitty storage site isn't working again, sorry :nervous:

I fixed it and posted something else instead :max:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Omg, the shitty storage site isn't working again, sorry :nervous:

I fixed it and posted something else instead :max:

Ah, thanks. And what was the other thing? You know we're all fans of you gifs! Give us some! :awesomeface:

8 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I think we are in for a good long break after November. Axl back with AC/DC, Slash back with Myles, Duff playing in his new mansions and promoting his "it" girls full time. 

Duff also has two other bands he fronts: Loaded and Walking Papers. It's quite possible either of those bands may tour as well.

1 hour ago, AnDy said:

During the concert Axl said something about that he lost his soul and it took a while but he found it again. Anyone heard what he said? I think it was right before Slash solo.

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

It was after TIL...he said something like the person who he wrote this song about thanked him for his soul and it took awhile but he got that fucker back. 

Stolen from the last show thread...I mean, wut? :question:

On 2017-6-27 at 8:05 PM, Asia said:

I actually much prefer early Slaxl ;) Btw, I don't know if you watched that Troubadour show and if you know what the actual context was for the fragment from 1:54 was:

Axl was singing Jumping Jack Flash and was adding their names to the lyrics, so he was singing "Slash was drowned, he was washed up and left for dead" (I think it was this line that was attributed to Slash) and as soon as he finished singning this part he immediately hugged Slash like that (let me guess it reminded him of some real-life scary situation). That was really spontaneous and sweet...

So cute, awwww :wub:

On 2017-6-27 at 7:33 PM, Tori72 said:

Oh wow. Was the gig as amazing as I think it was? And Tyler/Perry acutally spoke to each other all those 24 years ;)

It was like really amazing. What a band, Steven Tyler is god :wub: And my post-concert depression from GNR is gone, I think. I just feel that my life is completely fulfilled after catching these 2 awesome shows within a span of less than a month :P My bank account is not very happy though :shrugs:

And I agree with all of you saying that you prefer Slaxl, me too duh, I just meant that the level of cuddling between Tyler and Perry is so legendary that if we had that with Slaxl this thread would explode :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

Not sure how the US cities are doing but San Antonio is a little more than 2 months away and there are still soooo many seats left! I am still waiting to buy my ticket cause the two front rows they took away and am hoping they may release em closer to the show. I want the Alamodome filled to the brim!!!! :headbang: