GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

4 minutes ago, Mary Cochrane said:

Im not sure...it might just be me...but, sashas new picture on Instagram she looks pregnant... if i could post the picture here i would but thats what it looks like to me. However it might just be the lighting and shadow.

think it`s the pattern on the dress if you look on her other pics she`s by a pool last wk definitely no bump :heart:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a mess.... that whole Meegan/Perla/Children thing :confused:

Those fans are crazy but I read the stuff on Instagram and I also feel what those people are saying sounds legit. Perla acts nice but I don't believe her that much. Of course she's gonna use people to do damage for her, she can't expose herself like that and fans are willing to do it because she probably provides them with lots of information in return.

Grace also posted something about some asshole telling her she's not queen, that her father is :facepalm: .... and she got mad, of course.

Also, she posted an Instastory where you can see her room again and the Axl figurine is still on the chest of drawers, lol :heart:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Izzy was high as a blimp on this one.  Izzy: 7.13: Show me your buns Axl.. :lol:

That was Izzy? I thought it was Slash for a moment.

I can't imagine Izzy's voice in my head because he rarely speaks in interviews.

5 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

That was Izzy? I thought it was Slash for a moment.

I can't imagine Izzy's voice in my head because he rarely speaks in interviews.

Yep, that's Izzy. Slash has higher voice than Izzy and he pronounces the letter S quite sharply. Here's interview where they both talk (well a little, Axl does most of the talking here.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Yep, that's Izzy. Slash has higher voice than Izzy and he pronounces the letter S quite sharply. Here's interview where they both talk (well a little, Axl does most of the talking here.)

I knew he spoke in that one because I've watched it.

• Like 1

@warrocks (and @Mary Cochrane), in reply to your question in the show thread about the 2006 story...

I don't know if there is an article that covers the whole story. More or less:

In 2006, there was a press release by Axl (=his lawyers) regarding a lawsuit filed by Slash and Duff against him, where it was revealed that Slash had visited Axl's house on a night a few months before. The author of the press release claimed that Slash had said that he wanted the "war" between them to end admitting that Axl had won; also that he badmouthed his band mates in Velvet Revolver.

At first Slash denied everything, and Scott Weiland replied with a nasty "open letter"/rant against Axl on the VR website* (it was removed after a few days). About a year later: Scott claimed that Axl was sending messages to him via Matt Sorum; Beta denied it on behalf of Axl and also clarified the night visit story a bit, saying it was her Slash had talked to that night and not Axl (the press release was vague about it); and Slash finally admitted that he had indeed been to Axl's house that night but denied he had said all those things (he said he only had left a note for Axl to Beta). In his book (2007) Slash repeated the same but added that he was drunk that night; also that his band mates in VR didn't believe him at first (apparently only Scott did) and thought he was scheming for a reunion with Axl behind their backs (it's indicative that Duff had made only a neutral comment); and that he didn't like Scott talking shit about Axl.

The excerpt from Slash's book:

Spoiler

It was around this time that Axl chose to send out a press release that did nothing but add fuel to the fire. It’s been widely documented, so I won’t do it justice by going into it all, but in short, Axl released a statement claiming that I’d come by his house, extremely coherent, early one morning to ask him to please settle the lawsuit between us that had been ongoing for years at this point. It also claimed that he and I talked for a while and that I had nothing but disparaging comments to make about Scott Weiland and everyone else in my band.

The truth is, I haven’t spoken a word to Axl personally since I left the band in 1996. It’s sad but true. I did go by his house one night but I was drunk—Perla wasn’t and she was driving. I walked up to the door and delivered a note that read something like “Let’s work this out. Call me.—Slash.” But I didn’t give it to Axl, I gave it to his assistant.

In any case, Axl released his statement, and it was a big deal in the press because it was the first time Axl had gone public with his opinion about me, the lawsuit, or anything like that.

As I’ve said, this incident was widely reported in the press and on the Internet and anyone who is interested can go read all about it if they so choose.

The fact of the matter is, this incident and the resulting negative effect it had on Velvet Revolver was very unsettling to me; I can barely even talk about it still, let alone re-create it in detail here. I thought I was going to see everything I’d just finally gotten together fall apart.

First things first; the lawsuit was a nightmare that had gone on too long. For fear of further litigation, the easiest way to explain it is to say that since 2001 we were involved in a lawsuit over the rights and profits stemming from licensing and merchandise. It was a typical broken-up-bands litigation where one party complains of underpayment by another party. The road of rock and roll is littered with that kind of shit.

But what hurt the most was that I had to defend myself to my band. I showed up and insisted that what was alleged wasn’t true, but the way that Axl had written this thing made it sound so matter-of-fact that everyone seemed to think it was.

The guys were very dubious about accepting my story. At the same time I was very sincere about telling them the truth. At first I thought I should respond publically, and told my band I would, but later decided it would only complicate the issue and prolong it.

I wasn’t sure what to do; I still wanted to proceed—my credibility was riding on it. We had a band meeting a few days later and Scott didn’t show; it was obvious to me that since I hadn’t made a move, I’d let him down.

Then Scott released his own rebuttal. He attacked Axl on every level. And my instinctual reaction wasn’t “you’re right,” it was “you can’t talk shit about Axl!” I can talk shit about Axl, I can talk shit about Axl all day if I want to—that’s because I’ve had to deal with him for years. But neither Scott nor anyone else has that right.

Tensions in the band escalated as a result and I got my gear out of Matt Sorum’s home studio, where we’d been writing and rehearsing.

Word on the street was that I’d quit Velvet Revolver to rejoin Guns N’ Roses. I don’t know who started that rumor but it had legs long enough that it caused an exhausting internal battle. The media took a particular liking to that story: that Slash had ditched his former Guns bandmates to rejoin Axl in whatever his idea of Guns N’ Roses was going to be. At that point I think Chinese Democracy was still thought to be on the way any year now.

It looked like what I was doing was a fact, but for the fact that I wasn’t doing it. If you picked up any music paper around that time or listened to the radio or checked out blogs on the Internet, there was no avoiding it. It was etched in stone: I’d left Velvet Revolver, I was going back to Guns. The reality was that neither happened: during those few months I was just at home, recording musical ideas on my digital sixteen-track.

It literally was a waiting game: it took all of us a while to get past all of that bullshit. Finally, when it all went away, we got back to work. I just went over to Matt’s house one day like nothing had ever happened.

“Listen, man,” I said. “All of that was ridiculous and all of this is ridiculous. Can I tell you what really happened?”

“Yeah, man.”

I said my piece, relating the story once again as it had gone down. Clearly, time had proven that I had had no reunion with Axl and that I wasn’t rejoining Guns N’ Roses—because nothing had happened! That fact seemed to convince the guys that my version of events was the truth. I never felt that I’d needed to explain myself to those guys, but I had, which always pissed me off. But I got over it and so did they. After I had a one-on-one with Matt, I had one with Kirschner and then Duff and Scott. All in all, it was completely unnecessary drama, whether it was unsaid or not. I just didn’t have the time for it. But we got through it. And we’re all better for it today.

* Later, when Scott was fired from VR (edit: it was shortly before he was fired/forced out), he took the rant back and said that what he thought on Axl then was based on stories he had heard, but now his opinion had changed.

And Marc Canter's opinion on what happened:

Alan Niven had made a comment at the time too:

http://metalsludge.tv/classic/?p=31199

I guess we'll never know what really went on that night...

Edited by Blackstar
added
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, janrichmond said:

It's all true. Perla has supporters that she actually encourages them to stalk and troll Meegan, Slash and close friends of theirs too. There's a lot of stuff that's gone on that we don't know about. I don't get why though, these were initially Slash fans.

He's the happiest he has been for years you would think they would be happy for him.

It's crazy, I stumbled across some of this nastiness from his so called fans a little bit ago when even Slash posted something about it, that Instagram pic of spanking lol, which I totally get now because one of them is called spankyhankyhudson!!  I just posted it on here at the time because I thought he was being a weirdo. 

They carry it on after they know they hurt him, which is just insane. That is not a normal fan or even a disgruntled former Slash fan, to me. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They carry it on after they know they hurt him, which is just insane. That is not a normal fan or even a disgruntled former Slash fan, to me. 

They are all little Mark Chapmans in the making :fuckyou:

I dont understand it either.... all these women, some well into their 50s, others as young as Jazmin, so much craziness and loneliness in the world. It is soooo bad!!

They ruin it for us, the real fans, with their delusions of I don't know what.... what do they expect from Slash?

You know, it's not a secret I dislike Sasha for example and I adore Erin over anyone else but I'm not one to post one single comment on her Instagram or harass her or even bother to make fake accounts about her. I rather use my time on creating a nice relationship with the ones I like. Meegan and Susan have been so kind to me, always responding to my questions or comments. They don't have to but they are cool enough. So I can hardly understand someone that chooses to use their energy in harassing the one they don't like, rather than creating a bond with someone they like.

I guess it is easier to hate than trying to reach to them in a positive manner :shrugs:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mary Cochrane said:

Im not sure...it might just be me...but, sashas new picture on Instagram she looks pregnant... if i could post the picture here i would but thats what it looks like to me. However it might just be the lighting and shadow.

Definitely not pregnant and if she is, it's not Axl's.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

LOL people have made Sasha's pregnant since FOREVER :rofl-lol:

It's been like.... I dont know how long.... like 3 years or more since I've read these speculations and nothing.

She's put on a little bit of weight, but that's not pregnant at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

They are all little Mark Chapmans in the making :fuckyou:

I dont understand it either.... all these women, some well into their 50s, others as young as Jazmin, so much craziness and loneliness in the world. It is soooo bad!!

They ruin it for us, the real fans, with their delusions of I don't know what.... what do they expect from Slash?

You know, it's not a secret I dislike Sasha for example and I adore Erin over anyone else but I'm not one to post one single comment on her Instagram or harass her or even bother to make fake accounts about her. I rather use my time on creating a nice relationship with the ones I like. Meegan and Susan have been so kind to me, always responding to my questions or comments. They don't have to but they are cool enough. So I can hardly understand someone that chooses to use their energy in harassing the one they don't like, rather than creating a bond with someone they like.

I guess it is easier to hate than trying to reach to them in a positive manner :shrugs:

There were some more comments added today when I looked again that makes me believe that the whole thing is just really fucked up and deeper than I first thought. 

Someone said these people harassed Erin on her Instagram too. I guess they don't like her because it's assumed she reintroduced Slash to Meegan. 

I wonder why they are so jealous? It's really strange. 

They absolutely do ruin it for every other normal fan, maybe Slash would be better off not inviting so many backstage. Sounds mean but I wonder if that's where some jealousies come from, cos they got to know him and Perla a little bit etc..  and then all these Slash fans know exactly who is who behind each aacount. 

And I thought Axl fans were meant to be the crazy ones :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

There were some more comments added today when I looked again that makes me believe that the whole thing is just really fucked up and deeper than I first thought. 

Someone said these people harassed Erin on her Instagram too. I guess they don't like her because it's assumed she reintroduced Slash to Meegan. 

I wonder why they are so jealous? It's really strange. 

They absolutely do ruin it for every other normal fan, maybe Slash would be better off not inviting so many backstage. Sounds mean but I wonder if that's where some jealousies come from, cos they got to know him and Perla a little bit etc..  and then all these Slash fans know exactly who is who behind each aacount. 

And I thought Axl fans were meant to be the crazy ones :rofl-lol:

oh, I haven't checked it today but I will, looool.... and that poor girl Lucy is readin all of it! :facepalm:

Yes, I know Erin has been subject of really horrible and terrible hashtags in the past, fake accounts to impersonate her and people writting nasty things to her. Her children have also been harassed in real life :no:

Perla believes Erin is to blame for her separation :facepalm: and that there is a whole orchestration of the GN'R reunion and Slash leaving her which Erin is accountable for. Mick Wall mentioned this in his latest book. I have different sources of where the information comes from but now I am thinking Perla could be one of those people.

What do you mean? the fans invited backstage are involved with the fake accounts?

I am confused with those fans we've seen in last shows.... why were they invited? wht makes them special?? Sometimes they show they have bought the VIP packages but that doesnt involve meeting the band members, right?

It is strange.

31 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What do you mean? the fans invited backstage are involved with the fake accounts?

I am confused with those fans we've seen in last shows.... why were they invited? wht makes them special?? Sometimes they show they have bought the VIP packages but that doesnt involve meeting the band members, right?

It is strange.

There's some pics I saw and they were allowed backstage because they run fan sites for Slash. Like the lady from the uk, who got backstage because she runs a fan site here, she was commenting on the Instagram thing we are talking about. There has been a couple of others who got backstage because they run SMKC fan pages. They all seem to know who each other is and who the trouble makers are. 

I always thought it was Axl fans who had harassed Erin, bit surprised to find out it would be Slash/Perlas lot! 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

2 hours ago, The Cosmic Ted said:

Definitely not pregnant and if she is, it's not Axl's.

True it wouldnt be Axl's. I made a mistake with the lighting 

Im never commenting again  ive made myself look like a right dickhead ?

Edited by Mary Cochrane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Yiss. :drool: Now I know how you feel when you say you'd like to travel with the band. :hug:

I keep looking at flights to France or the Netherlands, I wish I had the money for the Netherlands :( This is why they should give me a job, I am totally useless, so I could fit right in with Axl's staff. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mary Cochrane said:

True it wouldnt be Axl's. I made a mistake with the lighting 

Im never commenting again  ive made myself look like a right dickhead ?

Nooo! You don't look like a dickhead at all! :heart:

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I am totally useless, so I could fit right in with Axl's staff. 

LOL :rofl-lol:

37 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

@Andy14 @Hejanne @Sekh-met and everyone else who was at the Prague show- so happy you had a great time and also jealous, because it seems like you got to see one of the best shows on this tour so far :wow::P That setlist is amazing and the guys seemed to be in a great mood :wub:

Prague is special piece of the world, inspiring with its vivid, magical athmosphere. And in the day of the concert Prague was incredibly generous to all of us in the unprotected field.

If I had insane amount of money I would choose Four seasons to stay just because you cannot get room with better view on Charles Bridge, Malá Strana and Castle (Kafka`s Prague).Be26BYG.jpg

I shot this in the morning after the concert from the riverside by the hotel (public accessible).

Edited by Alja
  • Like 3