GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

11 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Fernandos wife posted an Instagram story with their location on it. I checked and it is a hotel, so they are likely there. 

Hahaha, like spies...Axl, come over and stay at the park hyatt ??

• Like 1

On 5.07.2017 at 10:11 PM, Frey said:

So yeah, Axl was making a joke about Slash sucking at inter-personal relaltionships and communication and talking about feelings and stuff because he probably looked at Axl like "WTF?!" when Axl started talking about this, which probably prompted Axl do make a little dig at Slash about their "difficult" past. It is also a giant case of pot calling the kettle back lol.

I thought exactly the same thing :lol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, killuridols said:

Awwww the Princesses from the cold thanked me, hahahaha @Andy14 @Hejanne and @Sekh-met :heart: :wub: :hug:

That was something fun to do!!! Nothing to thank for ^_^ ... I really wanted Andy to have something from one of them big threes!! (trees, lol) and I'm very happy to know that, by guilty association, the other Princesses got it as well :lol:

:hug:^_^

Guilty association :lol: love that!
Andy was so sweet to share this info with us! :wub:

Now I need gingersnap to get his ass in front of the hotel in Vienna :awesomeface: Once I find out which one it actually is 

44 minutes ago, Asia said:

I thought exactly the same thing :lol:

Yeah, they're both as bad as each other lol. 

If only they'd had an epiphany about commumication and feelings a long time ago and all these years of drama could have been avoided :facepalm:

1 hour ago, purplestargirl said:

w015y1.png

I'm doing a quiz on PlayBuzz to find out with GNR member I am and they ask this question. Duff's apparently a girl.

If you choose Duff, you'll get Slash.

Surprised to see Axl isn't an option though lol.

1 hour ago, purplestargirl said:

w015y1.png

I'm doing a quiz on PlayBuzz to find out with GNR member I am and they ask this question. Duff's apparently a girl.

I need the link to this test please I love crap like this! (And who's the girl next so Duff?)

On 5.7.2017 at 10:11 PM, Frey said:

So yeah, Axl was making a joke about Slash sucking at inter-personal relaltionships and communication and talking about feelings and stuff because he probably looked at Axl like "WTF?!" when Axl started talking about this, which probably prompted Axl do make a little dig at Slash about their "difficult" past. It is also a giant case of pot calling the kettle back lol.

The bolded. What does that expression mean?

22 minutes ago, Frey said:

Exactly?! Where's AXL? :D 

Edited by Tori72

The cuteness of this couple makes me all fuzzy inside. Beautiful.

Everytime I see Meegan I wanna run shopping and copycat her style :facepalm: I know how that sounds and still only refrain cause I'm broke. lol. LOVE her style! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alja said:

a melody of a man all exposed, with incredibly thin, sensitive skin, translucent to his inner light. I met never grown up to full adult in his best: sensitive, perceptive, curious, enjoying, enthusiastic. He is the man who most of his life performs in front of huge audience, yet you still see that humble glimpse when he looks to the crowd if they liked it. Even when something came off so well it even surprised himself, he was like You got it? This is good, isn`t it?

So beautifully put. You capture him exactly.

Thanks for a great review! Ooh I wish I was in Central Europe now!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

It's like when someone points out the flaws or vices in someone else forgetting they have the same flaws and vices they are highlighting in the other person.

Here's another explanation from Wikipedia:

An alternative modern interpretation,[6][7] far removed from the original intention, argues that while the pot is sooty (being placed on a fire), the kettle is shiny (being placed on coals only); hence, when the pot accuses the kettle of being black, it is the pot's own sooty reflection that it sees: the pot accuses the kettle of a fault that only the pot has, rather than one that they share. The point is illustrated by a poem that appeared anonymously in an early issue of St. Nicholas Magazine from 1876:

"Oho!" said the pot to the kettle;
"You are dirty and ugly and black!
Sure no one would think you were metal, except when you're given a crack."

"Not so! not so!" kettle said to the pot;
"'Tis your own dirty image you see;
For I am so clean – without blemish or blot – That your blackness is mirrored in me."

Edited by killuridols

9 hours ago, Alja said:

Report from the left side of heaven

As I said, Prague is somehow filled pure magic and inspiration, Prague moves you, unavoidably. Maybe that`s why Prague always gets some extras. 

Although no posters and other ads, there was a lot of people in GNR shirts the center and fans at all. They didn`t outnumber Japanese tourist anyway, but still lots of people. You walk by and mingle and get into the concert mood together. I love this time when the mood ascends and then when it goes down but you still carry a sparkle after the concert. I decided to go around noon.

The thing was that at the final station I was the only one person in whole metro, the hall was empty, only resonating with the melody of Estranged soundcheck. This is Paradise City, I`m home. Up there was just a couple of people by the fence, so we had fun, talked, danced, sang a capella... (silly, but ours). Then the crowd went tighter, I ended up under the armpit of some huge sweaty guy repeating myself: "I do it for GNR..." and when the gate opened, I ran like a hell to the security not to be knocked down with someone bigger (surprisingly, I think I could pass a truck if I wanted to; I left empty water bottle there... just because there are no allowed water bottles? During the concert security guys passed some of theirs to the crowd anyway, so... whatever. No one got hurt). Then second running until I landed on the rail on Duff`s side. Okay, let`s breath in all the thrill, no heart attack, I will see something. Rail is a warm safe place for petite fans.

And Prague was generous to Gunners. There was light rain in the morning, but in the afternoon the predicted one did not came, it was just cloudy to not to get baked in the open space, but warm enough to be in comfort. I talked to the rescue guy and he agreed that it`s much better than during AC/DC. They also brought water in plastic cups during the show, and we passed it on to back.

First supporting act was something more for intimate night club or bar and basically put me asleep, second was punk-ish, energic. 

And then... They said you are not prepared what you will see. True story. They were so near I could put my glasses down and enjoy them little blurry (Less wrinkles and so. People tend to be more beautiful when I put my glasses off).

Melissa in the beginning of Better was...wow. I could not see her much, so I can`t say more. Also about other ones by stable instruments. Yes, they sounded really good but with all the stimuli from leading figures...

One thing I did not expect was how I fell to that chronically underrated guy Richard Fortus. He was often really near by me, with his keen, Pete Townshend-ish windmill, whole body accented guitar move, completely enjoying the music. He is a guy on his spot, rhythm guitar, mostly holding back. He was also that shy and surprised kind of happy when we cheered him, having fun with us when all others left to Slash`s side or catwalk (yes, Slash`s side got much more attention than ours, but does not matter, we got some true gems). That man is delicate to catch in compare to others but it does not make him less responsive. I also enjoyed musical energy between Slash and Richard. There`s one way you can show someone you appreciate him musically - and it`s going from solo position to background one - and Slash did rhythm guitar for Richard with pleasure (dynamics between like Slash and Angus Young is on videos somehow different and less warm). Keith would call it ancient art of weaving.

Other thing which you get on the left side is Duff, the calm Peaceful Warrior. He was incredible, tall, standing firmly on his long legs, in stable base groove from shoulders down and simultaneously interacting and having fun with people right under the stage. (I don`t think they filmed this for screens, I was so near that I was not paying attention to it anyway, neither I saw fireworks and some effects. Anyway, why, if I had them, living beings, so near) 

Okay, there was like 50 000 people around me and behind my back, but I got one little glimpse, surprised reciprocal smile from Duff. 

Slash is... At the latest in the moment when his fingers immerse in between frets, he skyrockets somewhere else, where is just pure music and where he can`t be reached by anything other (or anyone). He perceives world through music and as music. I loved the moment when he was soloing and all others stopped playing and were just looking at him and Axl was like: "Look at this guy, look at him!" (Slash obviously somewhere far, far away, pure music of the moment passing through his body to the guitar so we all can hear it). 

From all the things in this world I love the most... I call it listening to melodies of people. Everyone has one`s own melody (okay, Slash when playing basically does not have it because he is melody then...). I don`t know you if I was not near enough to you to hear your melody. Not a thing easy to explain but... I got Axl. I got a melody of a man all exposed, with incredibly thin, sensitive skin, translucent to his inner light. I met never grown up to full adult in his best: sensitive, perceptive, curious, enjoying, enthusiastic. He is the man who most of his life performs in front of huge audience, yet you still see that humble glimpse when he looks to the crowd if they liked it. Even when something came off so well it even surprised himself, he was like You got it? This is good, isn`t it?

He feels like a huge chunk of human warmth with shine white, genuine, shy and humble smile. I think the man makes much more sense to me now.

The song which moved me the most was "This I love". I like the song anyway, for me it`s Axl`s most mature song. He came to our part of the stage during the song with shattered heart plucked off this chest. Then came solo and immediately he was smiling, goofy and vividly communicating with people in the front, imitating them, cheering them up (this surely makes him great with kids and animals). And then cut, in a millisecond, singing again there was that piteous, abandoned, heartbroken man. He did this repeatedly during the show and various songs. Maybe he also can hear those melodies of people and enjoy them (and make them into music).

It was my first time, so I cannot compare it with anything previous, anything who they were in the past. I swear I perceived no ego, no anger, no unhealthy tension, just incredibly gifted musicians enjoying themselves and each other, each and every exactly on their spot to bring the sound full and great. They talk to each other through music and it works.

*I was surprised how perfectly was the show managed, so everyone could make it over 3 hours with no major problems or signs of exhaustion. During Paradise City was Axl (without shirt ;) ) still running like a ferret vivaciously cheering everyone up on both sides of the stage. And sounded great. I was a bit blasted by bass in where I was, but the sound was really great. When he flips from high to low pitched voice - whoa!

*It seemed like encore would never end... 

*I have no idea how I can ruin my vocal chords on 2-3 GNR songs in original tuning and now - nothing; include plain screaming, of course. Some concert magic. Music heals.

*Crowd gone bananas during songs like Jungle, Rocket Queen and, top, Nightrain. Whole Lotta Rosie was not bad either. I had great people all around, no moron standing like frozen.

*I didn`t like bandana-baseball cap headwear, with that particular glasses he wore it in some unlucky way which deformed his otherwise beautifully sculpted head. Made few photos, nothing to publish. 

*Anyway, it`s difficult to take photos of them, particularly Axl is teaser, either lithe and running and dancing, and, especially, in the moment you could possibly get best photos, he makes you want to interact, not to gaze onto some little display. 

Great review, as read  book ☺

15 hours ago, Sekh-met said:

Let's make Vienna one of the best too! :awesomeface: If we all make it to the front it will be because axl will see us and it will make him happy :ph34r: 

But yeah damn it was soo good! :wow::drool: I need more ass :wub:

Well obviously. What more could Axl want than to have us at the front? :awesomeface::rofl-lol:

15 hours ago, killuridols said:

Awwww the Princesses from the cold thanked me, hahahaha @Andy14 @Hejanne and @Sekh-met :heart: :wub: :hug:

That was something fun to do!!! Nothing to thank for ^_^ ... I really wanted Andy to have something from one of them big threes!! (trees, lol) and I'm very happy to know that, by guilty association, the other Princesses got it as well :lol:

Awesome review and photos and best of all, adventures!!! :headbang:

Now it's the time for our Princess @Lumikki :ph34r:

Speaking of....... OMG Lumikki, thank you for updating the whole crazy Perla/Slash/Meegan thing. I didn't have time today to go back on that. I see the SpankyHankywhatever returned to fight the other people back! :wow:
I don't know who are Nicole and David??? This looks like a really good reality show drama :rofl-lol:
BTW, Spanky sounds like one bitter poster from this forum, looool. If people were not saying she is Perla, I'd bet my dollars it is that person.

And the other bitchisbackwacko.... please.... she says "meegan is mentally ill in the head" :laugh:  Yeah, because one could be mentally ill in the ass!!! :facepalm::facepalm:

I dont understand the Italy reference and that user joy she mentions... what does she mean? That woman is effing clueless... Meegan does not mean to take up Kat's role at all. She just wants to take pictures for her and share with the people who follow her on Instagram. What's the sin?? TB and the whole crew make videos and take pictures of the show. I am grateful for all those little tidbits they share with the fans. Anyone upset because of that is just jealous or I dont know what problem they have!

Yes, I'm already packing lol.

And yes, reality show drama indeed :rofl-lol: This is all so stupid, I really don't understand all these people getting involved in Instagram drama.

I don't get the Italy reference either. Her crazy rambling doesn't make much sense to me. Probably just delusional  :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

It means Axl is a hypocrite for calling Slash out on this issue, because he himself sucks at communication, relationships ad feelings talk too.

Or as the dictionary says for "the pot calling the kettle black": :awesomeface:

Da redet der Topf über den Tiegel.

Ein Esel schimpft den anderen Langohr.

Wer im Glashaus sitzt, sollte nicht mit Steinen werfen!

Never actually heard anyone use the first two, but yeah, that's it lol.

Edited to add that I just saw @killuridols was faster than me :lol: But yeah, two explanations are even better than one I guess :P

13 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah I read some of that stuff last night on Lucy's post....it's all so ugly out there in IG world sometimes. But enough of that, how about a sweet, happy pic instead?! :heart:

DEFodezUIAA-Pe9.jpg

Those pictures of Slash and Meegan are really adorable :heart:

Edited by Lumikki

43 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Well obviously. What more could Axl want than to have us at the front? :awesomeface::rofl-lol:

I for one cannot think of anything better that could happen to him :awesomeface: ..ah wait! maybe the best thing for him will be to meet us at the hotel afterwards :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, money honey said:

So beautifully put. You capture him exactly.

Thanks for a great review! Ooh I wish I was in Central Europe now!!

Thank you! :wub:

It`s cold and rainy here today, nothing to do. I would sell my soul for Early entry to Vienna if I was not a ginger, because I`m sure I`d catch it there - after what I got in Prague. 

55 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

It means Axl is a hypocrite for calling Slash out on this issue, because he himself sucks at communication, relationships ad feelings talk too.

Or as the dictionary says for "the pot calling the kettle black": :awesomeface:

I got it as a no way hypocrisy, in the whole context and the way that Axl was saying it - he was pointing on himself as being at least a big part of what happened. Slash was in his music mode anyway, and I guess he maybe caught last few words, if anything, so he was huh.

Edited by Alja

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Yes, I'm already packing lol.

Nice. We have to talk. :ph34r: You know where :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

the dictionary says for "the pot calling the kettle black": :awesomeface:

Da redet der Topf über den Tiegel.

Ein Esel schimpft den anderen Langohr.

Wer im Glashaus sitzt, sollte nicht mit Steinen werfen!

Never actually heard anyone use the first two, but yeah, that's it lol.

Edited to add that I just saw @killuridols was faster than me :lol: But yeah, two explanations are even better than one I guess :P

Yes. Apparently derives from Spanish :question: and it was used by Don Quijote but in the current use of Spanish (at least in Argentina) we don't have such expression, although we use a very similar one in "el muerto se ríe del degollado" (the dead guy laughs at the beheaded one).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

w015y1.png

5 hours ago, Frey said:

Let's face it.. they all looked more or less like girls in certain pictures...

Kuvahaun tulos haulle izzy stradlin pictures

49 minutes ago, Frey said:

Ah the "male hooker gang picture" as I like to think of it.

They all look pretty fab and slutty in this one, but Slash is the best part about that picture.

The look he's giving the camera, the way he clings to Duff, his entire pose- it all just screams "rent boy" lol.

Which is pretty funny considering how reserved and stoic he usually is.

:rofl-lol:

I love slash on tht pic too

He's more sexy than Anyone there even Axl:drool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Btw, that one crazy girl Perla follows- she just posted multiple posts on her IG in which she did nothing but call Meegan and her daugthers vile shit. Everything from claiming Meegan is a terrible mother to them all being whores :facepalm: So Perla is bound to see this stuff on her Instagram feed and I have a feeling she won't disapprove. It also appears Perla is already aware of the drama because she herself made an ominous post as well and tagged it #bringitbitches

lol which one?? bitchisback4ever?? How do you know this? Her account is private :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Ah the "male hooker gang picture" as I like to think of it.

They all look pretty fab and slutty in this one, but Slash is the best part about that picture.

The look he's giving the camera, the way he clings to Duff, his entire pose- it all just screams "rent boy" lol.

Which is pretty funny considering how reserved and stoic he usually is.

:rofl-lol:

omg reading this made me spill my hot chocolate and got 3rd degree burns :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frey said:

@killuridols and @Lumikki - thanks :P

Btw, that one crazy girl Perla follows- she just posted multiple posts on her IG in which she did nothing but call Meegan and her daugthers vile shit. Everything from claiming Meegan is a terrible mother to them all being whores :facepalm: So Perla is bound to see this stuff on her Instagram feed and I have a feeling she won't disapprove. It also appears Perla is already aware of the drama because she herself made an ominous post as well and tagged it #bringitbitches :popcorn:

Perla's IG username was tagged in the comments so I'm sure she saw it all.

6 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Thanks. I'm Izzy! :D 

Ah, and thanks @Lumikki and @killuridols for your explanations. Have never heard that in english but did know the "Wer im Glashaus sitzt..." version in german. Even though the German sense is a bit different.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

Hi girls! Yesterday I realised Meegan's instagram is not private anymore! She also uploads weird stuff sometimes! :lol:And about Perla/Meegan/Meegan daughters/Slash... what the heck, Instagram is full of drama! is @spankyhankyhudson  actually Perla? :suspicious: Well, that account commented in a picture that Grace uploaded where Meegan's daughter appears (A bad comment of course, which is now deleted) It said something about Slash having an affair with a woman recently. (surely you know all this already :rofl-lol:) I'm always late!

I don't know why some """"fans"""" are sooo nasty! live and let live! and what about people harassing their children...? :facepalm:
Meegan seems very nice btw! I like her!

• Like 1