GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

23 minutes ago, solstar said:

lol yeah, apparently they are on good terms, at least Axl's exs (Slash's not so much :P)...which is ironic considering Slash's the diplomat :lol:

maybe it's some sort of nostalgia? those years must have been significant to these girls as well in ways we cannot even fathom, and could have created a bond that transcends time and feuds. Even Meegan hooking up with Slash seems rather nostalgic imho. :shrugs:

Whatever the case may be, the past keeps coming back at GNR central :awesomeface:

Hmmm.

I don't think so.... I mean, Erin has always been gracious and polite and educated. She's welcomed everybody into her social media profiles but I don't think she hangs out or has any close relationship with Michelle, Adriana, Julianna, the strippers... she wasn't one of them and she didn't like them back then.

Yes, the past keeps coming back and I prefer all of these weirdos than TB and the freak show.

Slash' life its a quilombo!! :lol:

• Like 1

My mind has been exploding today over St Louis. The litho with the reference to Axl's words before he dived from the stage, happy smiley Axl, the show going off without incident and apparently with a brilliant atmosphere, and last but not least the "partner in crime" thing!! Reminds me of his intro to Slash at Slane when he said "your friend and mine" which blew my mind too. 

Slight niggle about "partner in crime" though... cute as it is, it struck me that Axl seemed to be kinda attributing some of the blame for the riot to Slash, who had no part in it?? Slash was effectively a bystander, watching from behind his guitar as the whole clusterfuck unfolded. Wonder if Slash has thoughts on this??

11 hours ago, Asia said:
  13 hours ago, Tori72 said:

My question is this: When the hell have they ever gotten into trouble together

Erm well there was the time they were accused of rape together in the 80s...

28 minutes ago, money honey said:

cute as it is, it struck me that Axl seemed to be kinda attributing some of the blame for the riot to Slash, who had no part in it??

Back in the day Slash never really distanced himself from it, he pretty much took Axl's side (In that interview with Stern from 1992 that I mentioned, when Slssh was in Hawaii on a rehab trip, he even says that he never goes anywhere without the phone because he does "band business" all day and when asked what band busines is, he says that doing press and also he wants to get Axl through the court trial, because it's upsetting Axl or something), so I think he felt his partner in crime in the sense of being in it all together, no matter what. And probably that's also what Axl was referring to, so it seems to me it was a nice thing to say, considering that not so long ago he considered Slash his greatest enemy. I guess Slash could only take it well.

Btw, does anyone hve a video of that?

Edited by Asia
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, money honey said:

My mind has been exploding today over St Louis. The litho with the reference to Axl's words before he dived from the stage, happy smiley Axl, the show going off without incident and apparently with a brilliant atmosphere, and last but not least the "partner in crime" thing!! Reminds me of his intro to Slash at Slane when he said "your friend and mine" which blew my mind too. 

Slight niggle about "partner in crime" though... cute as it is, it struck me that Axl seemed to be kinda attributing some of the blame for the riot to Slash, who had no part in it?? Slash was effectively a bystander, watching from behind his guitar as the whole clusterfuck unfolded. Wonder if Slash has thoughts on this??

Erm well there was the time they were accused of rape together in the 80s...

I think it's just a cheeky reference to their friendship.  I don't think he meant it literally, that Slash was an accomplice.  Partner in crime is just a figure of speech, another way of speaking about your friend/mate.  And yeah, Im so pleased the St Louis show was successful - think the folks there deserved a good show!  And Axl seemed to be in the happiest/chattiest mood yet.  Some really nice photos of him (and Duff too) have come out of that show.

• Like 1

The "partner in crime" comment was def a joke, and a funny one at that! I love Axl's sense of humour

However, it was Slash who said after Axl left the stage "He smashed the mic. We're out of here", so he was his partner in crime indeed. :P

8 hours ago, Tori72 said:

The older one?

I guess Axl tried to be extra nice in St Louis. 

Is it my English or was the dude's writing kinda weird?

It's funny to see Axl "trying to be nice". This behaviour is somewhat unprecedented isn't it? Good for him! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Makes you wonder what year it is.

What do you mean? I was talking about the late 80's, when all these girls came into scene (btw these guys' lives are worthy of a movie! I'll def want to watch it :awesomeface:).

2 hours ago, Padme said:

Marc Canter have said here (when he was around) that Slash was keeping in touch with some of his ex girlfriends. He explained that because someone asked him about Ivonne. Meegan was one of them.

Do we know what he meant by "keeping in touch"? :huh:

It sounds to me that Slash was rather on the nostalgic side too

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Hmmm.

I don't think so.... I mean, Erin has always been gracious and polite and educated. She's welcomed everybody into her social media profiles but I don't think she hangs out or has any close relationship with Michelle, Adriana, Julianna, the strippers... she wasn't one of them and she didn't like them back then.

Yes, the past keeps coming back and I prefer all of these weirdos than TB and the freak show.

Slash' life its a quilombo!! :lol:

:rofl-lol:

Right! All of these people's lives seem to be a huge quilombo! I'm loving the drama! :lol:

Michelle does call her "my friend" and does say that she misses her (Erin liking the comment is also somewhat acknowledging), so I wouldn't rule out them keeping in touch in some way or another over the years. Who knows... (this would be a great time for someone to step up and spill the beans! :popcorn:).

What I meant before was that their experiences back in the day must have been so meaningful and binding that still keep all of them connected in some capacity.   

Edited by solstar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, solstar said:

What do you mean? I was talking about the late 80's, when all these girls came into scene (btw these guys' lives are worthy of a movie! I'll def want to watch it :awesomeface:).

That was my attempt at a joke...with everyone from the old Guns days reconnecting, you'd think we travelled back in time or something. Hence the 'makes you wonder what year it is' comment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I think it's just a cheeky reference to their friendship.  I don't think he meant it literally, that Slash was an accomplice.  Partner in crime is just a figure of speech, another way of speaking about your friend/mate.  And yeah, Im so pleased the St Louis show was successful - think the folks there deserved a good show!  And Axl seemed to be in the happiest/chattiest mood yet.  Some really nice photos of him (and Duff too) have come out of that show.

Agree...I watched the show live and Axl's tone of voice when he said that was definitely lighthearted. He was in that kind of mood ALL night....it was fuckin awesome to see and hear, even through Periscope! :) 

But speaking of Duff and Axl. ,miss Bethany took some great pics of them.

DF2XKjtW0AA0bD-.jpg

DF2XLYtXgAAj4iV.jpg

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Agree...I watched the show live and Axl's tone of voice when he said that was definitely lighthearted. He was in that kind of mood ALL night....it was fuckin awesome to see and hear, even through Periscope! :) 

But speaking of Duff and Axl. ,miss Bethany took some great pics of them.

DF2XKjtW0AA0bD-.jpg

DF2XLYtXgAAj4iV.jpg

Those are awesome photos of Axl and Duff. Duff's even showing his love for St. Louis via his shirt.

7 hours ago, Padme said:

You might already know this, but just in case. Erin is back on FB :headbang: I don't know about twitter or other social media she used to have

She's back on IG too.  Seems she has a new boyfriend.  

• Like 1

I couldn't stop my curiosity, Erin has Angela Nicoletti and Mandy Brixx on facebook....  And about Howard Stern I would say the guy is rude and sleazy but that's how he keeps his audience, I remember looking for an Izzy interview with Howard Stern because he had already interviewed the other 4, but I guess Izzy is wise and knows better..

Also there is an Scott Weiland interview with Howard, the guy was so depressed at that time  but Howard wouldn't stop doing horrible questions...

Idk it is painful to watch.

27 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Billy Joel is in Minneapolis, the trainer and the photographer of the tour are at the concert....Fernando put Instagram stories with Axl, I think he will sing at Billy Joel's

He was there or maybe still is!!! :wow:

• Like 2

Just now, Georgina Arriaga said:

Thanks! he sound awesome! I hope for Big Shot!

In instagram he is waiting with Beta...ughhhh

Big Shot....lol yes. Then we will have that stuck in our heads again for days on end like last time! :lol: I have grown fond of that song!