GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

11 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Sorry, but could you please clarify this for me... Are you stating that Sharron Bailey spoiled/coddled Axl too much? Or are you talking about Beta? If it is the former, please could you provide a source for this.

Thanks.

I was talking about Beta. When she took over she acted like the mom of a small child, not like a guy in his 30s, as he was back then.

11 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

I wouldn't say that Axl leads the most well adjusted life by any means but surely it's miles better than being dead...? :confused:

Well, I don't believe in merely living for the sake of it. I believe in having a good quality of life as opposed to surviving or living like a miserable person. This is why I don't condemn suicide either.

So this is mainly my point of view, of course, and the perspective from which I form my opinions.

Edited by killuridols

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Well, I don't believe in merely living for the sake of it. I believe in having a good quality of life as opposed to surviving or living like a miserable person. This is why I don't condemn suicide either.

So this is mainly my point of view, of course, and the perspective for which I form my opinions.

Ah, fair enough. I guess in that case you probably agree with the quote in my sig.

1 minute ago, KiraMPD said:

Ah, fair enough. I guess in that case you probably agree with the quote in my sig.

No. I don't wish the death of anyone and I wouldn't encourage anyone to take away their lives.

It is a personal choice. Like abortion. It should be a right of every person to be able to do whatever they want with their lives and not be condemned for it. Your body is yours. You decide when other people have access to it or not. You decide when to intervene your body in whatever way you like.

I see people living miserable lives but it's not in me to decide for how long they are going to be miserable. I'm just observing someone else's life and that's it.

I think is not that bad that Axl has Beta, maybe she has being of help in times of emotional crisis, etc.  But what I think it's bad is that she put all her family to work for him  and it has become in some sort of family business. Idk they don't look very professional to me....  ( the last video as an example)

It looks like a mess to me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, penelope said:

I think is not that bad that Axl has Beta, maybe she has being of help in times of emotional crisis, etc.  But what I think it's bad is that she put all her family to work for him  and it has become in some sort of family business. Idk they don't look very professional to me....  ( the last video as an example)

Maybe it was Axl's idea to put them all to work for him and of course, for TB, that was the easiest path to land a job.

Since he is a guy who started distrusting everyone (at times with reason) and needed people who would not contradict him with his vision of how he had to run the band, TB fits perfectly in the story. He sort of raised those kids, molded and shaped them the way he wanted them to be. Instructed them to do this and that and with the help of Beta, they became a team at the service of Axl.

Any other people, serious managers and professionals, wouldn't have devoted their lives to Axl Rose. They'd want to have things done, going and moving quickly. They would have forced him to reunite earlier than this. That's exactly what people like Azoff wanted but Axl was not mentally in the place he needed to be to accept it.

22 minutes ago, penelope said:

@penelope agree with you here. Yes about her family....I read in some place that even Beta's sister and brother had a job in some capacity in GNR...in my opinion that is very exploitative....I don't know if now it's the case, but for example, Vanessa's husband....:facepalm: what he do for GNR? and you see in their Instagram "GNR family" and shit like that...and honestly I have not seen Axl in a single picture at those fancy restaurants where "GNR family" go

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Maybe it was Axl's idea to put them all to work for him and of course, for TB, that was the easiest path to land a job.

Since he is a guy who started distrusting everyone (at times with reason) and needed people who would not contradict him with his vision of how he had to run the band, TB fits perfectly in the story. He sort of raised those kids, molded and shaped them the way he wanted them to be. Instructed them to do this and that and with the help of Beta, they became a team at the service of Axl.

Any other people, serious managers and professionals, wouldn't have devoted their lives to Axl Rose. They'd want to have things done, going and moving quickly. They would have forced him to reunite earlier than this. That's exactly what people like Azoff wanted but Axl was not mentally in the place he needed to be to accept it.

Yeah, I know it is Axl's fault too, but man....  there must some descent asistant out there for him to work with,(no matter how difficult Axl is) it is just not healthy for him having all the lebeises family tree.

27 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

@penelope agree with you here. Yes about her family....I read in some place that even Beta's sister and brother had a job in some capacity in GNR...in my opinion that is very exploitative....I don't know if now it's the case, but for example, Vanessa's husband....:facepalm: what he do for GNR? and you see in their Instagram "GNR family" and shit like that...and honestly I have not seen Axl in a single picture at those fancy restaurants where "GNR family" go

Yeah it is crazy!  It is not so hard to imagine them fighting for the inheritance..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I wish for the Baby not to have Axl as a Dad!!!

He did say a long time ago that he didn't want any children as long as he felt there may be any danger he could do to them what was done to him. Don't remember the exact words, but that was what he meant. 

Thats sensible I think. 

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He did say a long time ago that he didn't want any children as long as he felt there may be any danger he could do to them what was done to him. Don't remember the exact words, but that was what he meant. 

Thats sensible I think. 

Yes, I think that's really wise of him. 

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:
29 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thats sensible I think. 

Yes, he had said that in 1989, but later he seemed more positive about it with Erin's pregnancy and then him wanting to have a family with Stephanie. Probably after that he changed again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, penelope said:

Yeah, I know it is Axl's fault too, but man....  there must some descent asistant out there for him to work with,(no matter how difficult Axl is) it is just not healthy for him having all the lebeises family tree.

Well, there wasn't........... he had Craig Duswalt but the man had to go live his life as well.

Beta came in handy because she was willing to give up her life in order to take care of Axl. And he needed that kind of assistant. He needed more than an assistant, more than a secretary or person in charge of his stuff. This is the reason why he embraced the whole family.

34 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

lol I don't think he would be a horrible father, maybe being a parent would give him other things  to do.. besides partying all night long.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, penelope said:

lol I don't think he would be a horrible father, maybe being a parent would give him other things  to do.. besides partying all night long.  

I'm sorry but the man cannot take care of himself... do you really think he could take care of a baby, a child??

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Well, there wasn't........... he had Craig Duswalt but the man had to go live his life as well.

Beta came in handy because she was willing to give up her life in order to take care of Axl. And he needed that kind of assistant. He needed more than an assistant, more than a secretary or person in charge of his stuff. This is the reason why he embraced the whole family.

Oh God. I guess we just can wish him good then?

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm sorry but the man cannot take care of himself... do you really think he could take care of a baby, a child??

Not really, but I see lots of irresponsable people having kids.. forget what I said.

( I am  just in love with his young genes)

RS: Would Axl Rose make a good father?
Axl: Would Axl make a good father? Um... not yet. I love kids, but I think I would be too hard on them because... A lot of people say that when they're raised a certain way, "I'll never be like that with my children," but then those things seem to come out, whether you want them to or not, cause that's how you were taught to raise a kid. And I'm still wrestling with those things, and until I come to terms with them and feel like I could give a child the upbringing that it would deserve, I don't want to attempt it. Like I've said before, I'm so much of a perfectionist I don't want to attempt it and end up smacking it when I shouldn't have, or something. I don't want to give a child anything bad to look back on except for what may have happened in just the natural course of life. I don't want to be in the situation of, "Yeah, well if I wouldn't have locked him in his room..." You see, I get along with my father real well now. Actually, he's my stepfather, but he raised me. But I see some of the pain that he has to go through in dealing with the way he raised me, and the pain that I have to deal with in getting along with my father, and thinking back on certain things that happened every now and then, and how mad I get. I don't want those things to happen.

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2648-1989-10-xx-rock-scene-interview-with-axl

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

RS: Would Axl Rose make a good father?
Axl: Would Axl make a good father? Um... not yet. I love kids, but I think I would be too hard on them because... A lot of people say that when they're raised a certain way, "I'll never be like that with my children," but then those things seem to come out, whether you want them to or not, cause that's how you were taught to raise a kid. And I'm still wrestling with those things, and until I come to terms with them and feel like I could give a child the upbringing that it would deserve, I don't want to attempt it. Like I've said before, I'm so much of a perfectionist I don't want to attempt it and end up smacking it when I shouldn't have, or something. I don't want to give a child anything bad to look back on except for what may have happened in just the natural course of life. I don't want to be in the situation of, "Yeah, well if I wouldn't have locked him in his room..." You see, I get along with my father real well now. Actually, he's my stepfather, but he raised me. But I see some of the pain that he has to go through in dealing with the way he raised me, and the pain that I have to deal with in getting along with my father, and thinking back on certain things that happened every now and then, and how mad I get. I don't want those things to happen.

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2648-1989-10-xx-rock-scene-interview-with-axl

He at least had the right mind to see he wouldn't be good enough.

I think it is a fair choice and smart thinking there. I share his point of view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, he had said that in 1989, but later he seemed more positive about it with Erin's pregnancy and then him wanting to have a family with Stephanie. Probably after that he changed again...

He would be a good father now

• Like 1