GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

10 hours ago, Padme said:

Simage.jpg

So Fernando finally found the father figure and mentor he needed. I'm so happy for him. But I'm afraid this Fernando's post also speaks volumes about Axl 

:shock: :shocked: :confused:

Hah, that is shocking :lol:

On one hand, yeah it does look like sucking up to Slash because we will never forget the role TB played in keeping the originals away from Axl..... (or was it Axl who wanted them away....?)

But from my personal life experience, sometimes you change your view or perception of someone when you actually interact with them.

I think Fernando and all the Lebeises may have been influenced by Axl's endless talk about Slash, which in the beginning I'm sure it was full of venom and desdain.

Now that they are all kind of "living" together and working on the same team, everybody pushing towards the same side and long months on the road (or the air) together, the situation is different.

It is possible that Fernando realized that Slash is not the devil Axl described decades ago..... and everybody's a grown up now..... Slash may not be as provoking as he was in the 90's and Fernando is in his mid 30's, with a kid now. Adulthood changes you and life changes your way of thinking and acting too.

I still think those words are kind of "too much", though..... but there may be some truth to them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frey said:

You're doing fine @money honey :P

There we go again with the manips already :lol:

Honestly (and I hope Alfie won't get mad at me for saying this), but I think that last rule wasn't really necessary. If stuff like that is against the rules now, we'd need to ban half (or more) of the posters in the thread :lol: And it's not just new members, but also older ones. People have been posting that kind of stuff since the beginning of the thread basically.

You're right, some people are new and young and there's nothing wrong with that. That's why having an index like we discussed at some point in the older thread would have been great. But it was too much damn work even back then, and it's double the work now. Maybe I can dig through the old thread a little and start collecting some of the good stuff in the coming days though. We'll see. I disagree about there being only so many pictures and discussion topics though. New pictures ("new" old pictures from back in the day as well as new pictures from this tour) show up all the time and new stuff keeps happening, some days more, some days less. About the bolded, thanks, I appreciate it :)

"Lord and chairman". You're getting worse with every post. :lol: I'll appoint you the vice president of the Slaxl club in revenge.

Exactly. Fernando has always struck me as a slimy creep and this doesn't seem sincere to me at all. He's just sucking up to Slash because he knows Slash is here to stay for the foreseeable future most likely.

Anytime @Frey....and thank you. I didn't think taking an actual pic and adding text to it would stir the pot. In the meantime, how about that Sydney show?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Hmm, I don't agree....

Most of the pics we called Slaxl or Duffaxl or Sluff, etc. were REAL PICS of them engaging onstage, mostly, and all we did was give it an "interpretation" (I admit at times forced) of how they were feeling about each other.

The only photoshopped picture of Axl and Slash that I remember it is one of Slash and Renee with Axl photoshopped on it. That's got to be the oldest one circulating on Instagrams and Tumblrs.

Now it seems there are new ones and honestly, they are really pathetic and I don't see why we should help spread them around or even encourage it when there is nothing fun about them.

The fun was in using our imagination to pics that were real.

There's only one person, from the "old lineup", who loves bringing here these Instagram abortions, but the rest of us never got hooked on it.

I know that fans like @Lumikki, @Andy14, @Blackstar, myself and others are like "freaks" of debunking bullshit stories, false rumours, fake pics and general GN'R info that thanks to places like IG or TumblR is usually passed on as real, when its just a bunch of lies and made up shit by new fans or young fans or people who just don't care for finding a source or going back to the origins of either a photo or story.

The spirit of this thread was also based on raising the quality of the posts, of the arguments and discussions and be a place where fans could know the "truth" of some things (not that we are the owners of the truth or know everything but you know what I mean...)

Let's agree to disagree. I do think some of them them are amusing (just the fact that some of them are so badly made is funny to me, but I'm always amused by crappy artworks or photoshop works).

I don't think it really interfers with our "debunking bullshit" objective, because you'd have to be really, really dumb to believe any of these shitty manips are real, right? Granted, there probably are a couple of dumb people like that on Instagram or somewhere, but those can't be helped anyway.

And speaking of debunking bullshit, fake pics, etc.:

@Blackstar @Andy14 @Lumikki @killuridols @dgnr @MillionsOfSpiders @nonok and anyone else who has ever created or posted awesome stuff in this thread- HIT ME UP WITH LINKS TO POSTS THAT YOU THINK SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE INDEX-THING.

Everyone give me links to your own posts and also to other people's posts that you like. I'll dig around in the old thread myself as well, but I can't read through the whole thing again, so I'd greatly appreciate suggestions and/or links to stuff people really liked or felt was important in the old thread.

I've been thinking that I need links to @Andy14s various gif sets for example, because those are hard to find with the thread search function.

Also @Lumikkis pictures, picture posts etc. @Blackstars awesome interviews (though those are easier to find for me via thread search).

And @Andy14, I agree, @Lumikkis fake pictures reference posts should be there as well, yes. People could easily check the first page of the thread then before posting the common fakes once again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

Let's agree to disagree. I do think some of them them are amusing (just the fact that some of them are so badly made is funny to me, but I'm always amused by crappy artworks or photoshop works).

I don't think it really interfers with our "debunking bullshit" objective, because you'd have to be really, really dumb to believe any of these shitty manips are real, right? Granted, there probably are a couple of dumb people like that on Instagram or somewhere, but those can't be helped anyway.

Ok. If you like it... :shrugs:

I find most of them abominable :vomit:and the bad photoshop work you mention is exactly what we were complaining about before: those things lower the quality of the thread because we are bringing the IG and TumblR junk here. It should stay there, with all the n00bs who don't understand shite and the ones who believe those pics are real.

------

Ok, whenever I can find the time to go check that thread and find the links you ask about, I will do it......

If it helps in some way, look for stuff posted in May, June, July, August...... I remember a @Lumikki's post with lots of great quality pics of Axl from the Rolling Stone mag and there's the post where she put all the fake pics, like Axl's mom, Axl's dad, etc.

I think that one should be re-posted in the first page here. I can help her with that.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Ok. If you like it... :shrugs:

I find most of them abominable :vomit:and the bad photoshop work you mention is exactly what we were complaining about before: those things lower the quality of the thread because we are bringing the IG and TumblR junk here. It should stay there, with all the n00bs who don't understand shite and the ones who believe those pics are real.

------

Ok, whenever I can find the time to go check that thread and find the links you ask about, I will do it......

If it helps in some way, look for stuff posted in May, June, July, August...... I remember a @Lumikki's post with lots of great quality pics of Axl from the Rolling Stone mag and there's the post where she put all the fake pics, like Axl's mom, Axl's dad, etc.

I think that one should be re-posted in the first page here. I can help her with that.

It's not that I really love these things, I just find them (personally) less annoying than pointless spam for example. And some of them are funny (like Lumikki's manips for example).

Anyway, don't stress about it. I'll only be able to work on this little project occasionally as well (when I find the time). But I'll probably have a few days off in the near future, so I thought now might be good time to at least get a tiny bit of what we originally planned done. A "Best of" kind of thing. And no one here wants to go through every page probably, but I thought we could at least link to the pages or posts where major discussions started and/or great, well-liked posts within these discussions.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

Just to clarify I think everyone posting on this board is capable of understanding the rule about photoshopping in that specific context. I don't think we need a load of examples posted to highlight it.

The earlier one moneyhoney posted was fairly innocuous and not very different to many actual band shots out there. Personally I don't see the need for manipulated photos when we have plenty of real ones to work with. The stuff with manipulated kissing and replacing girlfriends with other band members is what takes it too far.

@Frey The rule became necessary because not everyone who posts here is okay with that kind of photoshop and it also attracts criticism from outside of this thread which ultimately threatens it's existence. I've spent a fair bit of time and energy defending this space but that doesn't mean we can allow stuff that most likely wouldn't be acceptable on the rest of the forum.

EDIT: Sorry it wasn't money honey who posted one earlier.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Just to clarify I think everyone posting on this board is capable of understanding the rule about photoshopping in that specific context. I don't think we need a load of examples posted to highlight it.

The earlier one moneyhoney posted was fairly innocuous and not very different to many actual band shots out there. Personally I don't see the need for manipulated photos when we have plenty of real ones to work with. The stuff with manipulated kissing and replacing girlfriends with other band members is what takes it too far.

@Frey The rule became necessary because not everyone who posts here is okay with that kind of photoshop and it also attracts criticism from outside of this thread which ultimately threatens it's existence. I've spent a fair bit of time and energy defending this space but that doesn't mean we can allow stuff that most likely wouldn't be acceptable on the rest of the forum.

Ah, the fake pictures reference post I talked about isn't really about photoshopped pictures, it's more about commonly mislabeled pictures. Pictures of random people that are claimed to be Axl's mom, Izzy with his girlfriend, and so on. Those pictures keep popping up again and again by people who don't know better, so it'd be handy to have a guide on hand. Or are you only talking about the pictures posted just now? In that case I apologize for the misunderstanding.

And I really do appreciate what you do for this thread, honestly. Imo it's the most entertaining thread on the board with some of the best content, so thank you for supporting it.

• Like 1

Just now, Frey said:

Ah, the fake pictures reference post I talked about isn't really about photoshopped pictures, it's more about commonly mislabeled pictures. Pictures of random people that are claimed to be Axl's mom, Izzy with his girlfriend, and so on. Those pictures keep popping up again and again by people who don't know better, so it'd be handy to have a guide on hand. Or are you only talking about the pictures posted just now? In that case I apologize for the misunderstanding.

And I really do appreciate what you do for this thread, honestly. Imo it's the most entertaining thread on the board with some of the best content, so thank you for supporting it.

I don't have an issue with a first page guide on frequently misleading photos. I was referring to posting disallowed manips to make the point that they are disallowed. :lol:

There is some great content on these threads, I particularly love @Andy14 China Exchange gifs. I realise I don't contribute often and it probably seems like I just show up to tell everyone off but if I joined in it would be a lot harder to moderate impartially.

• Like 3

@Frey Certainly, when I have time I'll snoop around for interesting stuff. I think the posts with the most likes tend to be picture posts, and even though it's really helpful, the GNR Reunion Picture Thread (or the UYI section) doesn't really have the best possible pictures that we've managed to gather in the last thread... So if we could find a way to index those photos (and you know I'm talking about ones that makes ladies consider wearing pads full-time, since they're the most loved ones :lol:) and have them in one place, perhaps 2-3 pages of this thread, then it'd be really enjoyable for anyone who wants to see them. Or we could just put them in an online cloud or something, but that's unreliable.

39 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I don't have an issue with a first page guide on frequently misleading photos. I was referring to posting disallowed manips to make the point that they are disallowed. :lol:

There is some great content on these threads, I particularly love @Andy14 China Exchange gifs. I realise I don't contribute often and it probably seems like I just show up to tell everyone off but if I joined in it would be a lot harder to moderate impartially.

Don't sweat it, you do a wonderful job moderating this cluster of gossip and I think everyone appreciates all the work you put into something that the other mods don't reeeally feel like dealing with. :lol:

As for the manips, I think it's most logical if good to great artwork is allowed (as long as it's SFW, and if not, there should be a warning - perhaps a spoiler), or if it's something clearly funny, for example a meme, but just badly done photoshop is pointless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

TYvi6O.gif

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Frey said:

Everyone give me links to your own posts and also to other people's posts that you like. I'll dig around in the old thread myself as well, but I can't read through the whole thing again, so I'd greatly appreciate suggestions and/or links to stuff people really liked or felt was important in the old thread.

I'll try to help you with that. I have some time off this week and next week as well so I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frey said:

And speaking of debunking bullshit, fake pics, etc.:

@Blackstar @Andy14 @Lumikki @killuridols @dgnr @MillionsOfSpiders @nonok and anyone else who has ever created or posted awesome stuff in this thread- HIT ME UP WITH LINKS TO POSTS THAT YOU THINK SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE INDEX-THING.

I've been thinking that I need links to @Andy14s various gif sets for example, because those are hard to find with the thread search function.

Also @Lumikkis pictures, picture posts etc. @Blackstars awesome interviews (though those are easier to find for me via thread search).

And @Andy14, I agree, @Lumikkis fake pictures reference posts should be there as well, yes. People could easily check the first page of the thread then before posting the common fakes once again.

I'm not sure, who it was, but when I recently read through the thread, I really loved the post, that kind of summed up the points from the latest discussion. Not being the best at english, it was a great way to make sure, that I didn't miss a important point. Especially because I was reading up to 40 pages a day. Perhaps some of those post could be used in the index?

And about the discussion about the same pictures being posted again and again, please keep in mind, that a lot of the pics posted in the thread, isn't there anymore, due to the new picture rules on the forum. So even with a super memory, it is just not possible to see something, that isn't there anymore :shrugs:

image.jpg

Came across this in early Axl pics, not sure if has been posted here before. It looks like a really early Axl going by the lack of tattoos. If it is him who is he singing with and what year 1985?

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Something sweet and less serious for a change: Duff being a grade A husband and father once again

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b2f15bb4f8391e25eac361ef8833a01e/tumblr_olfeo8NHPP1sas51qo2_1280.png

https://68.media.tumblr.com/2e5456693e39c4837e7d8fdccada5374/tumblr_olfeo8NHPP1sas51qo4_1280.png

He really went to some lengths to do something nice for all of his ladies on Valentine's day, even from the other side of the planet :)

Holy shit! Duff is really amazing :wow::wow::wow:

How not to love this man........ He really surprises me so much........... I hate all those cheesy stuff and Valentine's I think its just another Crapitalism date that makes everybody dumber, lol but seeing this from him makes me respect him more. I dont know.. He's my favorite GN'R member for the great person he's become and a role model of how to be evolved in life.

I feel like crying :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

Holy shit! Duff is really amazing :wow::wow::wow:

How not to love this man........ He really surprises me so much........... I hate all those cheesy stuff and Valentine's I think its just another Crapitalism date that makes everybody dumber, lol but seeing this from him makes me respect him more. I dont know.. He's my favorite GN'R member for the great person he's become and a role model of how to be evolved in life.

He is so damn sweet... Susan is an extremely lucky lady!!! Who would not want to be loved like that? :heart: Duff is the man!

• Like 2

No need for photomanip when We have real one like this, Sorry for reposted old photo, N' does Anyone have the high quality of the first pic

slaxl_by_anatoma-d3bn3fz.jpg

4.jpg

9 hours ago, Archtop said:

image.jpg

Came across this in early Axl pics, not sure if has been posted here before. It looks like a really early Axl going by the lack of tattoos. If it is him who is he singing with and what year 1985?

Whos tht Guy ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I have the impression that most of the times, Susan looks for visibility using her husband's sweetness.

I find her and Meegan annoying.

We know You're jealous~ :awesomeface::P

Too bad it wasnt from Axl

Is Grandpa Angus touring with Them for the rest Australia dates now? Slash need to make a move asap :max:

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Archtop said:

image.jpg

yes 1984-1985. I think the guy Axl is singing with is Tracii Guns. The date must be before october 1985 when he got Monique Lewis tatoo on his arm.

1 hour ago, starlight said:

yes 1984-1985. I think the guy Axl is singing with is Tracii Guns. The date must be before october 1985 when he got Monique Lewis tatoo on his arm.

Thanks, I was wondering if it was even Axl, rare to see his arm with out the women's face tattoo is it really Monique Lewis, I always thought it was Barbi von Grief.

So it's possibly Tracii Guns, that's one brave outfit, you have to wonder at some of the decisions they made. Was it discussed did Tracii say;

"hey, Axl what do you think about me wearing a full lace body suit on stage tonight"

"yeah Tracii thats a good look, I'm going with leather"

:shrugs: I know there were strong influences from New York Doll and the 80's music played with gender roles across a lot of genres. I just wonder looking back at early photos are the clothes conscious decisions or just naturall influences of what was going on around them.

I know this has been discussed in part before, I think Izzy had a strong influence on how they should look, but just as in the discussion about Axl and his little shorts I would love to know what the other members thought about various outfits. Was there anything that was taking it to far? Do we have any specific stories relating to stage attire.

22 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Thanks, I was wondering if it was even Axl, rare to see his arm with out the women's face tattoo is it really Monique Lewis, I always thought it was Barbi von Grief.

So it's possibly Tracii Guns, that's one brave outfit, you have to wonder at some of the decisions they made. Was it discussed did Tracii say;

"hey, Axl what do you think about me wearing a full lace body suit on stage tonight"

"yeah Tracii thats a good look, I'm going with leather"

:shrugs: I know there were strong influences from New York Doll and the 80's music played with gender roles across a lot of genres. I just wonder looking back at early photos are the clothes conscious decisions or just naturall influences of what was going on around them.

I know this has been discussed in part before, I think Izzy had a strong influence on how they should look, but just as in the discussion about Axl and his little shorts I would love to know what the other members thought about various outfits. Was there anything that was taking it to far? Do we have any specific stories relating to stage attire.

Those are very good questions. Honestly when I saw that pic I thought of Izzy being that he was in that band that cross dressed for a stint. But it being Tracii makes more sense because they played more together in the early days.

• Like 1