GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

It is almost always the same guy...brat aka Brett Buchanan who comes into this forum reading these threads to make up his latest click-bait articles. He uses people's quotes from here and pics etc. without permission or credits. Just not cool!

10 hours ago, killuridols said:

I'll probably end up just slapping his ass :devilshades:

Ok, I guess I have to finally put hands on my duties.... :anger:

"hi, daddy, what's up?"

574e1de172d35_GaySlaxl4.gif.7830b010c2f20dba22d449a6249cc1d4.gif

"I have a reddish snake to show you later, it's in my room. Wanna see?"

574e1dcdcc74c_GaySlaxl3.gif.49e2be3ea56c21c9aa739adb6798fbc1.gif

Daddy? DADDY?! Reddish snake? :scared:

This will give me nightmares :lol:

11 hours ago, dgnr said:

I came to this thread and you're talking about Daxl (:no:), I find out that we have a two faced chairman (:anger:) and we're talking about Beta's birthday (:crazy:). Yeah, I'll see myself out, bye.

:awesomeface:

Wasn't it you who appointed me? :max:

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Also this backstage footage from Axl's last public appearance in the 90s:

Although at first glance he looks normal, it seems to me that he didn't really enjoy being there (he went because Elton John asked him to), like he was forcing himself to interact and smile when the photographers were taking pictures of him.

This video always makes me lol because

Elton John: "Thank you, sweetheart. You're such a sweetheart."

Gotta love people referring to Axl by cutesy endearments :lol:

Fun fact: You know who else has called Axl a sweetheart? Slash, that's who.

That makes Slash and Elton John the only two people I can think of who ever called Axl sweetheart.

(Is this Slaxl enough for you, @dgnr ? :max::P)

Edited by Frey
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Frey said:

:awesomeface:

Wasn't it you who appointed me? :max:

This video always makes me lol because

Elton John: "Thank you sweetheart. You're such a sweetheart."

Gotta love people referring to Axl by cutesy endearments :lol:

Fun fact: You know who else has called Axl a sweetheart? Slash, that's who.

That makes Slash and Elton John the only two people I can think of who ever called Axl sweetheart.

(Is this Slaxl enough for you, @dgnr ? :max::P)

Oh yeah,  I knew about this but I forgot where He called Axl sweetheart

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

I'll probably end up just slapping his ass :devilshades:

You have a typo. It's spelled E-A-T-I-N-G :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Omg... He even used @Andy14's gif. :facepalm:

Související obrázek

At least I know who I'm gonna dedicate my next gif to :ph34r::devilshades:

2 hours ago, Frey said:

You're the chairman, this must be your daily bread :max:

:P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frey said:

Well, man, that's how this job is or so I figured :shrugs:

I don't even know what that means but from my research :awesomeface: that kind of shite turns people on, apparently, and well, you know how masses are.. They will consume any trending crap, so give it to them and don't think much about it.

Then you go home and dust the dirt off of your clothes with some of your own favorite fetiche :devilshades:

*and that was my Latinamerican corrupt politician speech to you, my friend, as you are the n00b in public services*

:takethat:

------------

Now, come serious.... :book:

I think @sanity_lost reflection on Axl's criticism of his appearance is pretty spot on and this is a theory I have had for a long time too.

However, I dont see it as something terrible because of the same reasons she stated in her post: this criticism is something women get every single day, not only in the context of Hollywood and celebrities but in the regular average life of any woman who is just alive. Sometimes is the hair, others the age, the fat, being tall, being short, being ugly or too beautiful to be real, being white, black, lesbian, hetero.... lol, we women have gone through one or more of those things in the course of our lives. And you know what's worse? Unlike celebrities, most of this criticism comes from our own families, usually our mothers or aunts, our friends or co-workers, and even our partners :( so... I'm not really much concerned about Axl getting this load of shit on his face because what's one man scrutinized for a change? :shrugs:

He's received criticism for much more serious topics, and I mean serious not in terms of importance (I'm not saying this subject is minor) but in terms of severity.

2 hours ago, Frey said:

But I think it goes deeper than him just having been a sex symbol. There're multiple factors contributing to this issue imo. The sex symbol thing you mentioned. But then there's also him just having been very pretty in a girly, feminine way (and he still looks very effeminate in some ways even today). Also the way he moved and performed on stage- again very feminine and seductive (? lascivious?) in a lot of ways. I don't really know how to describe it, but if you compare the way Axl acted on stage to the way the average frontman of a rock or metal band acts, you'll see what I mean I guess. Then there's him always having been very emotional/open with his emotions. Him having a reputation of being irrational and diva-like. And even him painting himself into a victim in a way with all that talk about people raping him/trying to rape him/fans attacking him on stage/etc.

Rightfully or not, being sexy, being pretty, moving in lascivious ways, being emotional, irrational, diva-like and being a victim of sexual assault/sexual harrassment are all things that are, consciously or subconsciously, perceived as female by most people. And I think that perception by the general public is what leads to Axl getting treated the same way female celebrities usually get treated. He's essentially coded as female in a lot of people's minds.

Yes. I know what you mean.... I'll put it in a rude manner but I think he acted pretty much like a male whore :lol:

Now, I don't agree with the bolded part because if Axl had been seen that way by the general public he would have never been labeled as "dangerous" or "wild" or "agressive" and also, he would have never gotten such an amount of macho men following.

If this was the case, he would have become a gay icon like Madonna or Prince, but Axl was never seen as gay or feminine, in spite of his stunning beauty, he had traits that never confused the public because he was not delicate (loud, deep voice, vulgar vocabulary, vulgar gestures, wild movements on stage)

I've never heard of people thinking he was homosexual and - please, let's leave out the tons of discussions we've had in the old Women's thread regarding this because that's mostly nerd talk :P

For the general audience, Axl was a crazy violent guy who disrespected everybody, treated his fans and his band as shit and on top of that, he's also considered a wife beater. None of that is seen as female traits and I'm pretty sure that if we ran a public survey asking random people if they see Axl Rose as a female, 99% of the, would say no.

What's my theory of why he's treated like this in media? 

Part of it, for all the reasons @sanity_lost exposed before and also because his beauty and good looks were the only positive things the general public perceived from him.

Back in the day, he was a demon but he was also beautiful and talented. Great voice and great frontman. Whatever he did wrong, while not overlooked, it was balanced by his great looks and his talent as an artist.

Nowadays, his good looks are mostly gone and his voice is not what it used to be, neither his performance in live shows. So what is left? The memories of him being an asshole, so much that people still fear he will make the audience wait for hours before a show or that he will storm off and leave the stage at any moment. Axl's reputation has been lifted a bit only in the last year because of what people was able to see from him. But still there are lots of people wary of who he is and what he does. And there's no stunning beauty to placate these fears.

2 hours ago, Frey said:

(And I'll shut up now, because I'm starting to sound like a gender studies scholar and I only ever took like one class of that in college so I'm basically talking out of my ass lol. But it is interesting that a guy like Axl, who used to be so misogynist is in many ways a victim of misogyny and sexism himself.)

:lol:

Nah, you sound great. Much better than sounding like an ignorant fuck.

I agree with that last sentence. It is ironic what happened to him and maybe that's the boomerang he got for all those mysognist lyrics and his attitude towards women back in the day (don't know about now).

He was pretty much vain and wanted everybody around him to be as perfect as he was. Remember what that girl Sheila Kennedy said about the time he invited her and her friend to party and shit...... It is almost comical.

And I think he's still somewhat that way because in pics with fans, he's kinda smiling when it is a young hot girl but when it is an old fat woman or ugly, he's like...

57a7e9ebc9d65_AxlDemonsFightingtoComeOut.gif.4e7bb69e3dd6aa78f639a97a30cc4014.gif

:rofl-lol:

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, killuridols said:

For the general audience, Axl was a crazy violent guy who disrespected everybody, treated his fans and his band as shit and on top of that, he's also considered a wife beater. None of that is seen as female traits and I'm pretty sure that if we ran a public survey asking random people if they see Axl Rose as a female, 99% of the, would say no

Back in the day, he was a demon but he was also beautiful and talented. Great voice and great frontman. Whatever he did wrong, while not overlooked, it was balanced by his great looks and his talent as an artist.

Nowadays, his good looks are mostly gone and his voice is not what it used to be, neither his performance in live shows. So what is left? The memories of him being an asshole, so much that people still fear he will make the audience wait for hours before a show or that he will storm off and leave the stage at any moment. Axl's reputation has been lifted a bit only in the last year because of what people was able to see from him. But still there are lots of people wary of who he is and what he does. And there's no stunning beauty to placate these fears.

:lol:

He was pretty much vain and wanted everybody around him to be as perfect as he was. Remember what that girl Sheila Kennedy said about the time he invited her and her friend to party and shit...... It is almost comical.

And I think he's still somewhat that way because in pics with fans, he's kinda smiling when it is a young hot girl but when it is an old fat woman or ugly, he's like...

OMG.  Here we go again.  :facepalm:

IMG_0753.gif

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

OMG.  Here we go again.  :facepalm:

IMG_0753.gif

What?  Not trying to defend or pick a side but I agree with Our Vice chairwoman, also Vice chairman N' Sanity_lost

But I dont agree about Him smiling only when with beautiful female Fans, cause You know @killuridols He is smiling with a Male too N' Someone tht look like Slash because of Her/His curly hair :rolleyes::awesomeface:

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SerenityScorp said:

What?  Not trying to defend or pick a side but I agree with Our Vice chairwoman, also Vice chairman N' Sanity_lost

It's bullshit plain and simple....sorry but I call it like I see it. Again, how many of us still look like we did in high school?  Their looks have dick all to do with their talent. If everyone went to concerts purely for the performer's looks, we would all be some disappointed fuckers.

By the way,  they all still look damn good. None of them look like wrinkled prunes or anything.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

It's bullshit plain and simple....sorry but I call it like I see it. Again, how many of us still look like we did in high school?  Their looks have dick all to do with their talent. If everyone went to concerts purely for the performer's looks, we would all be some disappointed fuckers.

By the way,  they all still look damn good. None of them look like wrinkled prunes or anything.

I think They are talking about People critism on Axl looks, not about how looks have any effect with Their Concert

Of course They looks good, but You know not all People agree with Us 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Well, man, that's how this job is or so I figured :shrugs:

I don't even know what that means but from my research :awesomeface: that kind of shite turns people on, apparently, and well, you know how masses are.. They will consume any trending crap, so give it to them and don't think much about it.

Then you go home and dust the dirt off of your clothes with some of your own favorite fetiche :devilshades:

*and that was my Latinamerican corrupt politician speech to you, my friend, as you are the n00b in public services*

No no, you go on doing your job, I'm sure you're right and there are people here who are into that kind of thing :lol:

Slaxl daddy kink is just not really my cup of tea and sounds all kinds of unhealthy and fucked up to me for various reasons, but hey, who am I to judge, yeah? lol

Now, come serious.... :book:

I think @sanity_lost reflection on Axl's criticism of his appearance is pretty spot on and this is a theory I have had for a long time too.

However, I dont see it as something terrible because of the same reasons she stated in her post: this criticism is something women get every single day, not only in the context of Hollywood and celebrities but in the regular average life of any woman who is just alive. Sometimes is the hair, others the age, the fat, being tall, being short, being ugly or too beautiful to be real, being white, black, lesbian, hetero.... lol, we women have gone through one or more of those things in the course of our lives. And you know what's worse? Unlike celebrities, most of this criticism comes from our own families, usually our mothers or aunts, our friends or co-workers, and even our partners :( so... I'm not really much concerned about Axl getting this load of shit on his face because what's one man scrutinized for a change? :shrugs:

He's received criticism for much more serious topics, and I mean serious not in terms of importance (I'm not saying this subject is minor) but in terms of severity.

I know. And that's fucked up. I just think it's an interesting phenomenon that Axl gets treated the same fucked up way women get treated. He's the only guy I can think of who this happens too (because it's different with the examples you mentioned, like Prince, the whole androgyny and ambiguity surrounding them was part of their "thing", their public/stage persona, but Axl didn't really intend to be perceived like that).

Also, ultimately, shouldn't the goal be for everyone to be free of this shit (whether this is realistic is a different matter)? No one (be it all the average women on the planet or the occasional girly guy like Axl) should have to deal with that.

Yes. I know what you mean.... I'll put it in a rude manner but I think he acted pretty much like a male whore :lol:

Now, I don't agree with the bolded part because if Axl had been seen that way by the general public he would have never been labeled as "dangerous" or "wild" or "agressive" and also, he would have never gotten such an amount of macho men following.

If this was the case, he would have become a gay icon like Madonna or Prince, but Axl was never seen as gay or feminine, in spite of his stunning beauty, he had traits that never confused the public because he was not delicate (loud, deep voice, vulgar vocabulary, vulgar gestures, wild movements on stage)

I've never heard of people thinking he was homosexual and - please, let's leave out the tons of discussions we've had in the old Women's thread regarding this because that's mostly nerd talk :P

For the general audience, Axl was a crazy violent guy who disrespected everybody, treated his fans and his band as shit and on top of that, he's also considered a wife beater. None of that is seen as female traits and I'm pretty sure that if we ran a public survey asking random people if they see Axl Rose as a female, 99% of the, would say no.

What's my theory of why he's treated like this in media? 

Part of it, for all the reasons @sanity_lost exposed before and also because his beauty and good looks were the only positive things the general public perceived from him.

I agree that Axl was also perceived as violent and aggressive, but in my experience most people just saw that as him being crazy or having "little man syndrome". You know, having to compensate for something lol. And I think in part acting in that aggressive, overly masculine way was also a conscious choice by him because he was aware from early on that he was perceived as effeminate (see for example "I got tattoos so people wouldn't think I was a fucking chick anymore").

In my experience, if you ask non-GNR fans about Axl, you'll get a lot of people calling him a fag**t, a pussy, a little bitch, etc. (apart from the more generic insults like asshole or douchebag). Those are some pretty gendered insults, which are usually not thrown at say, Izzy for example. Because Izzy is the epitome of cool, laid-back and chill. Masculine values through and trough.

I guess the opinion you get will depend on whether you're talking to a person who bought the whole crazy/violent/macho act at face value, or a person who only sees it as bluster and all bark and no bite. Or worse, sees it as bitchy, female behavior.

Nah, you sound great. Much better than sounding like an ignorant fuck.

I agree with that last sentence. It is ironic what happened to him and maybe that's the boomerang he got for all those mysognist lyrics and his attitude towards women back in the day (don't know about now).

57a7e9ebc9d65_AxlDemonsFightingtoComeOut.gif.4e7bb69e3dd6aa78f639a97a30cc4014.gif

Well you know what they say about karma, yeah? Seems like Axl's karma has come back to bite him in his ample ass.

Sheila Kennedy? Was she the chick that Axl basically raped (though she doesn't seem to fully realize it)? The one he also told that he didn't want her friend to come along because she was fat? Yeah, he deserves all the bad karma in the world for that entire episode from start to finish.

43 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

But this is not what @sanity_losts post (or this entire discussion for that matter) is about at all?

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frey said:

No no, you go on doing your job, I'm sure you're right and there are people here who are into that kind of thing :lol:

Slaxl daddy kink is just not really my cup of tea and sounds all kinds of unhealthy and fucked up to me for various reasons, but hey, who am I to judge, yeah? lol

Sheila Kennedy? Was she the chick that Axl basically raped (though she doesn't seem to fully realize it)? The one he also told that he didn't want her friend to come along because she was fat? Yeah, he deserves all the bad karma in the world for that entire episode from start to finish.

But this is not what @sanity_losts post (or this entire discussion for that matter) is about at all?

N' @killuridols I think it should be Slash the 'Daddy' one, not Axl :awesomeface:

Huh?  Axl raped chick?  :huh:

1 minute ago, SerenityScorp said:

N' @killuridols I think it should be Slash the 'Daddy' one, not Axl :awesomeface:

Huh?  Axl raped chick?  :huh:

Don't worry, Slash is the Daddy in @killuridols gif set, as far as I understood. :lol:

Google her name or search in the old thread for it and it will probably come up. I don't really wanna get into it again, I remember I got into a huge fight with @killuridols about this topic back then lol.

14 minutes ago, Frey said:

Don't worry, Slash is the Daddy in @killuridols gif set, as far as I understood. :lol:

Google her name or search in the old thread for it and it will probably come up. I don't really wanna get into it again, I remember I got into a huge fight with @killuridols about this topic back then lol.

Now I remember tht article :facepalm:

22 minutes ago, Frey said:

I know. And that's fucked up. I just think it's an interesting phenomenon that Axl gets treated the same fucked up way women get treated. He's the only guy I can think of who this happens too (because it's different with the examples you mentioned, like Prince, the whole androgyny and ambiguity surrounding them was part of their "thing", their public/stage persona, but Axl didn't really intend to be perceived like that).

Also, ultimately, shouldn't the goal be for everyone to be free of this shit (whether this is realistic is a different matter)? No one (be it all the average women on the planet or the occasional girly guy like Axl) should have to deal with that.

I agree that Axl was also perceived as violent and aggressive, but in my experience most people just saw that as him being crazy or having "little man syndrome". You know, having to compensate for something lol. And I think in part acting in that aggressive, overly masculine way was also a conscious choice by him because he was aware from early on that he was perceived as effeminate (see for example "I got tattoos so people wouldn't think I was a fucking chick anymore").

In my experience, if you ask non-GNR fans about Axl, you'll get a lot of people calling him a fag**t, a pussy, a little bitch, etc. (apart from the more generic insults like asshole or douchebag). Those are some pretty gendered insults, which are usually not thrown at say, Izzy for example. Because Izzy is the epitome of cool, laid-back and chill. Masculine values through and trough.

I guess the opinion you get will depend on whether you're talking to a person who bought the whole crazy/violent/macho act at face value, or a person who only sees it as bluster and all bark and no bite. Or worse, sees it as bitchy, female behavior.

Well you know what they say about karma, yeah? Seems like Axl's karma has come back to bite him in his ample ass.

23 minutes ago, Frey said:

Isn't it though? Or am I missing something?