Yahoo News Story On McBob Saying Wrong City

What a bull shit headline.  No one "forgot what city they were in".    The announcer (McBob) erred). JFC.   25 years ago I could see  "forgetting". MSM just makes headline shit up....to rip them.   Look at the comments- no wonder Axl/Slash/Duff don't do interviews.  MSM spins shit so badly.   https://www.yahoo.com/music/watch-guns-n-roses-booed-forgetting-city-theyre-215055803.html

• Like 3

They put that on there to get views. People click on it, watch the crowd boo for 1 sec then hear cheers as the song starts and they leave the page Bc they just wasted their time. 

Its not positive publicity but it is publicity. Say 10,000 people clicked on that article today. I bet 5000 didn't know they were on tour. Another 2500 will think they may want to check them out, and about 250 will actually follow through after seeing ticket prices haha so for a small meaningless incident they may have just sold a few more tickets without paying a dime for advertisement. 

The band use to be much better at this when Axl would be in the headlines every week, but this works for now. 

The only thing I hate is nobody is clarifying why they were late. The press is just running with Guns N Roses show up late like always 

This is a yahoo news tactic,  not "fake news" as much as "fake Headlines"  Notice the article CLEARLY states that is wasn't the band, it was the announcer that made the mistake. It's the headline that is the lie.   I think it's like a click bait thing for them, because they do it ALL THE TIME.  There is a shit ton of Trump related ones - Just quick examples:

"Trump tells cabinet prepare to launch nuclear strike"   Story was about using the "nuclear option" in the SCOTUS being approved. 

"Spicer warns SNL 'Tune it down' :  The actual article is accurate it explains he thought the skit was funny and that Melissa Mcarthy needs to "Tune down the gum chewing, I don't chew that much gum."   - a joke not a warning. 

Most people just read the headlines and comment.  There were about 5k posts in the nuke one about how he was a madman and looking to launch nuke already.  In the Spicer one about 7k comments about how thin skinned and humorless he was and how he has no right to "warn" SNL.  Neither of those things happened, or are even purported to happen outside the article TITLE.

There are a ton of them, just read yahoo news and you'll be able to spot on in every 4 or 5 articles.  They started about a month ago to my best guess.  People are starting to call them on it more and more.  I think it will backfire in the end, it just irritates people.

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 3

My favorite was when it came up as a lead in to an article criticizing someone for making mistakes, errors and other muddled confusions: "SURE, Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose got Melbourne confused with Sydney. But at least they can take comfort from the fact that was a one-off error, unlike..."

It's like, dude, if you are going to write an article criticizing someone else for gaffes and errors maybe you should check yourself. If you must be hip and current by including something that is hitting headlines but you aren't interested in reading anything but the headline, maybe stick with the headline and don't vary from it. Say "Sure, Guns N' Roses got Melbourne confused with Sydney..."

You may have a good point in your article, and the far majority will never notices the difference, but making errors like that takes away from your point and gives detractors something to attack.

Otherwise I find the whole thing hilarious.

I don't think it's bitching, I think if someone is prepared to try and take the piss with s bullshit headline they know is baiting people then it's fair game for people who know the whole story to pull them up on it.

i mean, isn't this why the band decided to bar Fairfax after the Brisbane show? Or at least a variation of it. 

Dont start me on main stream media and their tactics to try and win people over in general with lies and manipulation. I hate it, and I honestly don't blame Axl or any of the band shunning the media, they don't need them, and I pretty sure they wrote a song regarding this shit... But the title escapes me ?