NEW Steven Adler interview with Mitch Lafon

Just now, Tourettes2400 said:

Or cares because it looks like it is over. He got the closure, unless the original 5 get together.

still holding out hope...not over til it's over!:headbang:

10 minutes ago, Archtop said:

but this does not bode well for an appertite anniversary surprise gig with all 5, wich I have to say I was really holding out for. Just the once to give something back to a large percentage of the fan base that have put up with all the drama and bullshit would have been a great gesture, a thank you to all those who still really care about why GnR is so important and the significance of an album made 30 years ago.

can you imagine the $$$ that would bring in?? especially if through some miracle they made some new music before hand! :headbang:

Steven is definitely still Steven. I very much prefer to hear him talk in an interview than that strange AMA thing he did on Reddit.

I do like that he is trying to better himself. He may sound like he is quoting AA or a self-help book sometimes, but I think that he is trying is great.

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Id also like to say, what Adler said about his sacking is fucking atupid but he is at least half right about Axl. That was over two decades ago and has nothing to do with the reunion imo

His sacking was purely because he was too f'd up to play. 

Axl may not have liked him before, during and after, but that was beside the point. Lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Good interview. Popcorn always makes me smile when he does interviews. I love the guy and do wish he was the full time drummer.

But to try and look at from the other side. I think it has a lot do with trust. Steven has a shaky history. So they probably have some doubts, some worries in the back of their mind about him. But they decide to give him a chance. Bless his heart, he can't make it past the second rehearsal without fucking up his back and going out of commission for two weeks. Probably chilled out on muscle relaxers or something. So that doubt and those worries come back. Can we count on him to go on a huge reunion tour going all across the country and the world over the course of a year? Not defending anybody really, just a lot of history and trust issues I'd say.

I hate it though, I'd love to see him back with the boys full time but he even said it, it is what it is.

let them do some smaller gigs, see how that plays out and go from there. trust CAN be regained...js 

4 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Why should he? Because you don't like what he said? Or you might not get what you want? 

This forum gets so carried away telling everyone what they should and shouldn't say, dissecting everything the way they want it. 

If Adler has made his peace, and wants to do an interview where he says what he wants them he's earnt that right IMO. 

Why does he need to watch his mouth before things fly out of it exactly? He's the one classic member that actually does let the fans in and people want to silence him? I just don't get it

Not saying he doesn't have a right to voice his opinion. Everyone does. 

It just seems rather disjointed. That is all I was saying. :facepalm:

16 minutes ago, AlterL said:

Excuse me am I supposed to be sorry for him? Because honestly I'm not, the guy has been a wreck for most of his life, insulted everyone around him and still gets to complain that THEY mistreated him? Fuck off, also I don't believe for a second the Frank history, why would they risk themselves like that in the biggest tour they've done since  1994.

Overall he's still the same guy he's always been just putting a nicer face now, I wish I could say I didn't see it coming but what are you gonna do.

No one's asking you to feel sorry for shit. Steven isnt looking for it either. Kudos to him for being honest and straight up about what the fuck went down. Which is more than Axl, Slash and Duff have been since they reunited. They've kept everyone in the fucking dark or lied.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Also, Fuck being PC, fuck trying to beat around the bush. Steven kept it real according to his point of view and his truth. kudos to him, he's not worried whether he pisses of Axl or not. 

Well said. Poor Axl won't be happy...so what? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Not saying he doesn't have a right to voice his opinion. Everyone does. 

It just seems rather disjointed. That is all I was saying. :facepalm:

That is pretty much how Steven is. Stream of conscious interview. What you see is what you get. He definitely has mixed emotions when it comes to Axl :lol:. But everyone else is gushed up on and loved. Even Frank and the amazing Richard.

Though I do admit I wonder if they were really going let Steven play all Appetite/Lies songs and split the Illusions songs or if he just decided/assumed that for himself. That would have been interesting, but they had to have changed the set list as soon as they decided he was out at the Troubadour because I don't see how that would have worked.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I agree. Nothing less rock n roll than NDA agreements and shit. I now believe it is 100% Axl calling the shots and Slash and Duff saying "fuck it" to avoid any potential drama.

They didnt avoid interviews and press because its "rock n roll" and because they didnt want the distraction, they did it because Axl doesnt want it.

Steven isnt perfect. He is a fuck up who says a lot of shit, but his heart is big and in the right place. He arguably has more passion towards GNR and AfD than anyone else im the band. He was mistreated last year and hurt. Axl, Slash, and even Duff said shit over the years but all get a free pass. Why shouldn't Steven? He should have been given a chance. 

Sadly, they blew their load. NITL IS the big reunion tour. They could get Steven and Izzy back and it wouldnt garner the attraction thia tour did. They missed their chance to do it right.

I agree 1000%

• Like 1