NEW Steven Adler interview with Mitch Lafon

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I imagine this would be a deciding factor in Axl's mind, the thing is though, after everything everyone is still alive and keen to play, which should outweigh any superstitious bullshit.

Yeah, member Axl used to own personal psychic named Yoda or something, he obviously believe that kind of things.

Maybe he thinks Stevie wasn't destined to return with them, just destined to simply made peace with them.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Yep, I just put my two pit tickets for St. Louis up on StubHub....I'm not giving this any more money.   

I sold mine a few weeks ago. This really shows what everyone already knows, Axl is the man in control. I just want to see the original 5 and I don't like how Izzy and Steven have been treated. At least splitting up songs would be better.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

Good interview. Popcorn always makes me smile when he does interviews. I love the guy and do wish he was the full time drummer.

But to try and look at from the other side. I think it has a lot do with trust. Steven has a shaky history. So they probably have some doubts, some worries in the back of their mind about him. But they decide to give him a chance. Bless his heart, he can't make it past the second rehearsal without fucking up his back and going out of commission for two weeks. Probably chilled out on muscle relaxers or something. So that doubt and those worries come back. Can we count on him to go on a huge reunion tour going all across the country and the world over the course of a year? Not defending anybody really, just a lot of history and trust issues I'd say.

I hate it though, I'd love to see him back with the boys full time but he even said it, it is what it is.

One of the few posts that make sense (the thread is becoming as irrational as the Izzy loot tweet thread). This is a very plausible explanation if things happened as Steven said they did. Steven says he was going to play all the AFD and Lies stuff, plus 2-3 Illusions songs, i.e. more than half of the set. If Axl didn't want him there, he wouldn't agree with such an arrangement in the first place and he wouldn't need the back injury (something he couldn't anticipate) as an excuse. 

There also might be some legal bullshit involved.

------

As for the cash grab thing: Of course the AFD 5 reunion would be the real thing, but it wouldn't make the tour less of a cash grab and more for the fans if the ticket prices were the same as now.The only difference would be that the "loot" would have been split four ways instead of three (Steven seems to be the only one who doesn't care about the money) and that some of the fans who can afford going to the shows would consider it more worthy of their money.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MisterBrownstoner said:

This just confirm that the NITLT reunion is just a cash grab. If they care about the music and the fans, they would have Steven and/or Izzy in the band. It IS possible, but the "Big 3" wouldnt risk or share their money. i'm very disappointed.

I feel naive considering my age, but, me too. Ugh, fuck. :/ :(

i have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, I woulda liked for him to be more involved cause he seems to deserve it after everything he went thru, his drum style is still the best for gnr, and he played on the only album that really mattered.

but on the other hand, the idea of him alternating with Frank in the middle of the setlist just seems weird to me. I like it better when a band seems like a tight unit, and part of that idea involves having the same drummer play thru the whole show. So if Steven didn't wanna do all the songs, I can kinda see why the band was leaning more towards just going with Frank. 

Also, as much as I would love for there to be a REAL reunion (as in the AFD5), I would want it to actually be the five of them and no one else, but I get the feeling that Axl woulda wanted Fortus, dizzy, and Melissa to all be there no matter what. Seeing the AFD5 playing with those three woulda been even more awkward than what we ended up with imo.

but in the end, none of this really matters to me. I got to see Axl/slash/duff live finally which is what I wanted. I don't really feel the need to see them again (unless  izzy and/or steve come back, which I think it may be too late for). Also, I've come to terms with the fact that a new album just isn't gonna happen. So the book is closed for me.

oh well. Back to the Seen That Movie Too threads!

Not sure how much of this is true. Stevens back surgery alone would take him out of practice way longer then 2 weeks. I doubt he was even half way healed by the troubadour show.

Steves my fav drummer for gnr but his really erratic and unpredictable. They probably just decided on the safer option of having Frank full time.

Glad they still let him guest on those shows and hopefully we will get a appetite 5 reunion in a simular fashion at the very least.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

"for the Fans" But He just blew up the chance for the Fans to see AFD, Just some posters said, its for Himself, His closure :rolleyes:

How? Speaking his mind closed the door? He didnt even say anything that bad.

If this scares and upsets Axl too much what does that tell you?

3 minutes ago, vloors said:

Not sure how much of this is true. Stevens back surgery alone would take him out of practice way longer then 2 weeks. I doubt he was even half way healed by the troubadour show.

Steves my fav drummer for gnr but his really erratic and unpredictable. They probably just decided on the safer option of having Frank full time.

Glad they still let him guest on those shows and hopefully we will get a appetite 5 reunion in a simular fashion at the very least.

There are many holes in the tail from what I am hearing in this interview, right down to him writing his own book...

8 minutes ago, vloors said:

He said in the interview it was an outpatient miner procedure. Sounds like he got a corticosteroid injection for the pinched nerve. It's not major and if it took he could've been back to playing in a few days.

• Like 2

Like Duff was the glue that put Axl and Slash back together, it will be Izzy that glues the original 5 back. 

It will happen in due time. will it be special? Who knows? Maybe Axl still sees his CD material seeing the light of day with this current lineup. 

So many questions to be answered, it's easy to forget this reunion is only a 10 month old....hopefully time reveals a much bigger plan. 

But as a GNR fan I know better than to hope for too much 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vloors said:

This is not necessarily true.  He isn't really clear if he had surgery or a procedure.  So it could be a terminology issue.  I did hear him say he had an epidural and if that is the case, it is completely feasible to expect him to have returned to normal activity within a week or two.

Edited by tsinindy

7 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

He said in the interview it was an outpatient miner procedure. Sounds like he got a corticosteroid injection for the pinched nerve. It's not major and if it took he could've been back to playing in a few days.

I reckon theres many other reasons he wasnt asked to be fulltime.

They probably pulled him into practice for the guest appearances and he thought it was fulltime then duff told him its guest only.

His interview is very patchy and all over the place which is typical steven.

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Do you personally want to see GNR continue to tour after this world trek without new music. And, I don't think Axl has an interest in being in GNR at 60. Somehow Axl and performing at 60 don't feel like it would work. 

I want them to do what they want. But yeah I want new music like most people. But I also see that GNR are like 70% a stadium band. The star power in the band makes the reunion without a new record. If you want just records go to Slash or Izzy solo records. GNR albums are these huge events with great songs that have longevity. Some might say CD wasn't that but for me Better, SOD, Twat, Catcher, Madagascar, TIL are all GNR level songs. 

At 60 an AFD heavy setlist with some ballads would be possible. AFD and Lies maybe Nov Rain/Don't Cry. Maybe not 3 hour shows. But 15 track setlist for 3 mil to see the AFD, 300 dollars anyone? Again it would be the star power of the band that really makes it. We've all seen Axl or Axl and Slash do Jungle or SCOM, bit have you seen the AFD line up? I haven't. There's definitely money in it. 

Maybe you are right though, this is GNR cashing out. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1