NEW Steven Adler interview with Mitch Lafon

Keep in mind whether you like Frank or not, he, as of 2006, is the current drummer of Guns N' Roses. Call him whatever you want, a hired hand or a "scab" that's not the argument. They weren't just going to kick him out, Axl is a loyal man and saw him as crucial to CD and the new music he one day will consider working on. Slash and Duff also decided to work with the current band instead of making it their way. It's not fair to anyone to kick Frank out when he's been there for 11 years and has credits on an album of the band. Like him or not, it's facts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wasted said:

And then Axl broke his foot. Where my grown people at? You know what I'm talking about, shit hurts for no reason. I fucked up my shoulder texting. 

I'm certain there was more to Steven not rejoining the band than just a back injury. The idea of two drummers is fucking silly. That would fuck with the chemistry of the band in my opinion. 

All I can say is I am glad Izzy decided against this aswell, the only thing worse than what we have now would be if Izzy was there win them and Adler was swept to the side like this. They are treating a guy with the biggest heart like this it's just unbelievable to me. Sure he had his problems but as Tomass said he wasn't asking for much..he just wanted to play his songs with these guys.

And Frank would have been there as a backup anyway! They just basically told him no you can't. What reason is there to not have him play when Frank is there that is NOT bullshit? I am feeling Axl had a very strong hand in this and slash and duff just sided with it not to make the whole thing blow up again before it even started.

I have lost a lot of respect for these 3 and they don't deserve Izzy on the stage either aslong as Adler is treated like this.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

He said in the interview it was an outpatient miner procedure. Sounds like he got a corticosteroid injection for the pinched nerve. It's not major and if it took he could've been back to playing in a few days.

He said that in the second rehearsal in March he had the back pain. A week later he got an epidural. Then two weeks he had the surgery (meaning two weeks after the injury, I think).

The L4 herniated disc surgery is relatively minor (if that is what he had). My step-sister had it and it barely took 45 minutes. They had her up and walking and sent home all in the same day. Of course healing from it takes a little longer. Even walking twice a day as recommended by her doctor to help the healing process she was still moving like a china doll two weeks later. Steven is Ironman if he was good to go in time for the Troubador show.

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

All I can say is I am glad Izzy decided against this aswell, the only thing worse than what we have now would be if Izzy was there win them and Adler was swept to the side like this. They are treating a guy with the biggest heart like this it's just unbelievable to me. Sure he had his problems but as Tomass said he wasn't asking for much..he just wanted to play his songs with these guys.

And Frank would have been there as a backup anyway! They just basically told him no you can't. What reason is there to not have him play when Frank is there that is NOT bullshit? I am feeling Axl had a very strong hand in this and slash and duff just sided with it not to make the whole thing blow up again before it even started.

I have lost a lot of respect for these 3 and they don't deserve Izzy on the stage either aslong as Adler is treated like this.

But what if Izzy suddenly decided to play on stage with Them somewhere without Adler on this tour :awesomeface: 

Edited by SerenityScorp

9 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

But what if Izzy suddenly decided to play on stage with Them somewhere without Adler on this tour :awesomeface: 

I don't mind guest slots because Steven did so aswell.

11 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

He said that in the second rehearsal in March he had the back pain. A week later he got an epidural. Then two weeks he had the surgery (meaning two weeks after the injury, I think).

The L4 herniated disc surgery is relatively minor (if that is what he had). My step-sister had it and it barely took 45 minutes. They had her up and walking and sent home all in the same day. Of course healing from it takes a little longer. Even walking twice a day as recommended by her doctor to help the healing process she was still moving like a china doll two weeks later. Steven is Ironman if he was good to go in time for the Troubador show.

No one here is a doctor, everyone is different and each body behaves differently when it heals, I see no reason to question it when he says he could play again after 2 weeks. There is no reason he would make it up and fuck his first reunion show in 26 years up. He could never live with that.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

13 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

This is a band not a sports team, putting some known dude as a reserve for entire tour is laughable concept, it's equal to slowly ditching him, the only backup that is acceptable is the unnamed drum tech replacing him when something goes awry.

Listen to the interview, that was not the plan. Frank would be there not as a back up but to play CD songs and a couple covers. But he knows all the songs anyway..he was the drummer for the last 11 years

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Listen to the interview, that was not the plan. Frank would be there not as a back up but to play CD songs and a couple covers. But he knows all the songs anyway..he was the drummer for the last 11 years

Yeah but I think it's better to pick one, and if they pick Adler, just fire Frank, cut the ties, no emotional baggage again, but if they pick Frank, i think it's the right way to offer Adler some guest spot, for nostalgia and stuff. But those 2 drummer concept it's just stupid, not good if they wanna go record an album, even if they don't, it just still absurd as hell.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Seemed like they had everything well planned before the back injury. Whatever happened between that and the Troub that made those three change their minds? 

I doubt Steven was in it for the money so I don't think money was the issue there.

Axl got involved. Before then it was just them and rehearsals. 

Who cares what Steven says here. The book was already closed on the original 5 with him and Izzy

56 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If it was really Axls decision (and I believe it was after that story in Argentina) then nothing in the universe was more deserved than Axl breaking his foot at the first reunion show he decided to boot Steven out of because he injured himself..karma, motherfucker.

It was Axl's decision because he said "What the fuck is he doing here?" when Steven show up and inserted himself into the first show when he was supposed to play the second show?