NEW Steven Adler interview with Mitch Lafon

This is such a troublesome topic that I don't even feel like expressing my opinion, but I will say this

46 minutes ago, RONIN said:

This fucking band. Jesus christ. :facepalm: They can never do anything right.

Unlike some, I don't think there were any real plans to reform the classic band and this interview with Steven only lends more credence to it. They were going to basically bring in Izzy and Steven as guests and pay them chump change as lip service to the fans just to avoid bad press. Izzy, as per what he's said, felt disrespected and passed. Steven took the bait and did a few dates -- then realized exactly what Izzy was talking about. What a disrespectful bullshit deal he was given by Axl and co -- and so he respectfully bows out after Argentina. Good for Steven. I'm not even an Adler fan but it's clear that he actually cares about the fans more than any of these guys.

Some things to note:

1. Slash and Duff have zero credibility. Their double talkin' jive lends more credence to what Axl has been saying all these years. Axl, a proven liar, actually has more integrity than these two clowns. I've been really harsh in my assessment of Axl in the past but I respect him more now. Atleast we know where we stand with Axl. He is and will always be a complete ass. The biggest douche in rock along with Fred Durst. The thing is, he is what he is and he has the guts to own it. The other two are just sellouts. They go where the wind blows. Slash plays the PR game really well and Duff is a company man - he'll basically keep the status quo going for as long as it suits him. They are businessmen like Axl now. Corporate rockers, the lot of them. Kurt Cobain was right on the money about GnR after all.

2. It's crystal clear that this tour is a cash grab. I can't see new music from this group any more -- they are a legacy act now. What I think will happen is that Duff and Slash will cut and paste some new riffs on top of Axl's songs in the vault and they will drip release this stuff until the end of time to wring every last dollar from fans. Or they will recycle old riffs from the 90's. We will get music, that's the good news. Will it be new? No. But that's okay because this band doesn't exist as a functional, organic entity anymore. That became really apparent to me after seeing how they cut Izzy out. Looks like there wasn't even much interest in trying to work things out with him -- why else would they throw him some chump change to tour? Like they couldn't give Del James' stipend and Melissa's salary to Izzy for a few shows and pay him what he was worth? That was too much to ask?

If you like seeing random people like Fortus and Ferrer up there playing where Izzy and Steven should be (and want to be, according to them), more power to you. Enjoy. As a fan, I saw GnR last year and that was good enough for me as a bucket list type of thing. I really have no interest in seeing this version of the band any more. Maybe if these guys can stop being so greedy and throw the fans a bone by bringing Izzy and Steven back, it might be worth it. There isn't much time left for them to do this either -- these guys are not getting any younger. From the way Izzy and Steve signed off, it sounds to me like they're done with GnR.

The bolded parts. Absolutely agree. I had my doubts and tried to have some faith (and ignore the critical comments by, oh we all know the greatest cynic on this forum :lol:) that they haven't completely lost their honesty and spirit, but this interview (whatever doubts and feelings I have towards Adler) just cemented the fact this tour is basically a cash grab with the added bonus of restoring the Trinity's friendship and halting Axl's weeping about Slash.

Everything about them is corporate now, even the production seems way too new-age for a rock n roll band. They're politically correct off the charts and Axl's trying to play the Mr. Nice Guy card which he just can't do - it's not honest and dishonesty goes against his nature. Like you said, he is what he is. I disagree with what you said about him having always been a douche, but in present times I can't help but agree with that as well.

As for the second paragraph, I'm not so sure we will get new music, the most likely scenario is that they will do the NuGuns trademark of milking this tour until they can't sell tickets anymore, and from then there's two options: new music or S&D returning to their respective bands and Axl joining AC/DC full-time. And even if they do release new music - it will be good, probably. Great, even, since we basically have VR with Axl (and I think Fortus is a decent guitarist). But will it be true, honest, brutal GNR? No, because they won't have their groove and their soul.

I was on the fence about possibly going to see them somewhere in Europe but now I know that definitely won't be happening.

Just listened to the whole thing so some thought's:

1- Adler really doesn't know when to shut up. I could understand some hesitation to have him involved on a permanent basis. But on the other hand, they've had Frank. Adler really should be playing hs era of material. I respect him for his opinion but the one thing he has against him is he really sucks at clarifying his points. And he is inconsistent so...

2- Interesting to finally hear that Adler was supposed to be a part of the troubadour and even splitting duties with Frank. For some reason I wonder if there's more to the story than just him pinching a nerve... But, the rumors from a year ago were true.

3- Sounds like he is open to doing more shows but, since he's had his closure and gotten everything off of his chest, it's clear he's holding out for Izzy. So until Izzy returns, we probably won't see Adler. Bummer..

Edited by Billsfan

16 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:a

He says he asked Slash in July to talk to Axl about an AFD5 reunion for the 30th anniversary... doesn't sound like it's going anywhere.

Then he goes on to call Axl a fuckin' rock god..... main, main man of rock singing

Yea, if this interview did one thing it confirmed that Adler clearly has bad bipolar disorder. One second he sounds like he's insulting, the next he's talking about how much he loves them. And the fact he rambled incoherently like he did through a chunk of that interview...it's like he mentally struggles to get a basic point across. So, lesson learned. Don't do drugs kids

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

7. My guess is that Steven was a bit deluded or at least exaggerated with what he said about how he was going to play all the AFD & LIES songs and a few UYI, he was probably just told "We'll see." then around the time of the Troubadour gig and his minor back injury they clarified to him what the plan was and Duff said what he said because they don't want to stand up for Steven too much and rock Axl's boat. It is unfortunate and they are greedy.

Yes, but as much naive as Steven is, how could he be that deluded to think that he would play all these songs without rehearsing them with the band? From the way he said it, it seems that he did rehearse all this stuff with them and they had even arranged the order of the songs so that Steven would play the first and last part of the set. :shrugs:

------

My guess:

When Steven heard about the reunion, he started calling Slash and Duff begging them to let him be part of it. They told him that they weren't convinced about his soberness and then Steven went in that interview in December 2015 and bashed them. Finally they decided to give him a chance (probably after Steven called them again and said how sorry he was about the interview etc) and persuaded Axl to do so too. Either Axl agreed with the two drummers setting and Steven playing most of the set or he said "ok, get him to rehearse and we'll see what and how much he plays" and they planned it among themselves without his consent (which is doubtful - I don't think Slash and Duff would take the risk to do something behind Axl's back and blow the reunion off).

What changed when Steven hurt his back? What's for sure is that money wasn't an issue; Steven didn't ask for much. Maybe the three thought that, given Steven's history, the situation with the meds he'd have to take increased the possibility of him relapsing (which would cause drama, bad publicity and possible legal complications); or maybe Axl had second thoughts or something happened between him and Steven during the rehearsals and he used the back injury as an excuse. Whichever it was, Duff called Steven and told him he was out. Maybe after that Slash and Duff told him to be patient, behave himself and if all went well they might work something out for him.

Some time later, Axl (or all three of them) agreed to give him a few guest spots but nothing more. Steven took the bone they gave him as a way to get his closure. He played the three NA shows, and then he showed up on the first Buenos Aires show while he was scheduled to appear on the second. Axl was in dick mode, he said "wtf is he doing here", Steven is an impulsive guy, he likely responded saying something not so polite to Axl, they had an argument and Axl let him play only one song at each show. After that Steven bowed out.

The case with Izzy is different. As it seems, the main issue is the "loot".

Either way, as someone here already said, it would most likely still be a hybrid kind of thing. Even if things had worked out with Izzy and Steven and they were on board full time, Axl would want to keep Fortus (so three guitarists lineup) and have a second keyboardist.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I agree. Nothing less rock n roll than NDA agreements and shit. I now believe it is 100% Axl calling the shots and Slash and Duff saying "fuck it" to avoid any potential drama.

They didnt avoid interviews and press because its "rock n roll" and because they didnt want the distraction, they did it because Axl doesnt want it.

Steven isnt perfect. He is a fuck up who says a lot of shit, but his heart is big and in the right place. He arguably has more passion towards GNR and AfD than anyone else im the band. He was mistreated last year and hurt. Axl, Slash, and even Duff said shit over the years but all get a free pass. Why shouldn't Steven? He should have been given a chance. 

Sadly, they blew their load. NITL IS the big reunion tour. They could get Steven and Izzy back and it wouldnt garner the attraction thia tour did. They missed their chance to do it right.

All I've gotta say, and it's not directed at you particularly, but I have been telling people in here that this is still AXL'S BAND. AXL'S. SLASH AND DUFF ARE NOT EQUAL IN SAY, ONLY PAY. I've been saying that this entire time. Not playing Slither confirmed that for me. And it should have for a lot of people but, some around here just want to argue that the sky is green because they fear words I guess..?

I have a lot of respect for Steven speaking his mind. Axl just can't emotionally deal with someone having a differing opinion and it is what it is. He preaches about speaking ones mind and having their own opinion but someone does that and it's against him, and he's butt hurt. Good old Axl will never change :lol:

And Idk..I mean, I get that the NITL tour is the big one but they could still really fill some buildings with the original 5, depending on how it's marketed. I would absolutely pay more for a band knowing it's the original guys who created the material that I've heard, so I do think there's a chance they could make that work. On the same tocan though, at this point they'll need new music released or at the very least have appetite re-recorded for the general public.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, nonok said:

This is such a troublesome topic that I don't even feel like expressing my opinion, but I will say this

The bolded parts. Absolutely agree. I had my doubts and tried to have some faith (and ignore the critical comments by, oh we all know the greatest cynic on this forum :lol:) that they haven't completely lost their honesty and spirit, but this interview (whatever doubts and feelings I have towards Adler) just cemented the fact this tour is basically a cash grab with the added bonus of restoring the Trinity's friendship and halting Axl's weeping about Slash.

Everything about them is corporate now, even the production seems way too new-age for a rock n roll band. They're politically correct off the charts and Axl's trying to play the Mr. Nice Guy card which he just can't do - it's not honest and dishonesty goes against his nature. Like you said, he is what he is. I disagree with what you said about him having always been a douche, but in present times I can't help but agree with that as well.

As for the second paragraph, I'm not so sure we will get new music, the most likely scenario is that they will do the NuGuns trademark of milking this tour until they can't sell tickets anymore, and from then there's two options: new music or S&D returning to their respective bands and Axl joining AC/DC full-time. And even if they do release new music - it will be good, probably. Great, even, since we basically have VR with Axl (and I think Fortus is a decent guitarist). But will it be true, honest, brutal GNR? No, because they won't have their groove and their soul.

I was on the fence about possibly going to see them somewhere in Europe but now I know that definitely won't be happening.

I think we're in agreement mostly. It looks like they've really pulled out all the stops to make this tour possible and to make the promoters happy by playing safe and checking all the boxes properly. Overpriced T-shirts and merch, check. Axl showing up on time and "just shut up and sing", check. It's all very professionally run and well-oiled. This is how it should have been back in the day I suppose -- but the gang have taken it one step further...they've sold out their integrity for greed. The old band broke up because they didn't want to compromise their vision of the band....now, they're businessmen and money talks. I guess that's understandable, people grow up and priorities change. Seems to me like Axl really needed the money (given what Pittman was alleging) and needless to say, Perla cleaned out Slash's fortune. They wanted a big payday and they got it in spades. Too bad they lost half the band in the process. People are still holding out hope that once contracts are renegotiated later this year, magically, the big three will wake up and deal Izzy in. Not likely. And let's be real, if Duff wasn't tied to the band contractually, his bestie Slash would have thrown him under the bus like Izzy and Steven. A two way split is much nicer than a three way split. This tour really only needs Axl and Slash. Duff is completely expendable although he brings some stage presence. But then again, so does Adler.

The fact that we're hearing GnR in trailers for movies and games means that the gang want to milk GnR for everything from licensing fees to merchandising...everything. Just like the Michael Jackson estate, since there are so many alleged songs in the vault, the money will continue to roll in if they just slowly release this stuff piece by piece. One song here, a few songs there. We'll probably get our holy grail UYI backstage footage and maybe even the raw UYI mixes and lost '96 sessions. There is money to be made here and judging by the greed of these guys and Duff's business savvy, no way are they going to pass this up. Get ready for the Guns n' Roses movie with Bradley Cooper as Axl. That's the good news (depending on your point of view) about the trinity repairing their relationship enough to tour.

But actual music? Like sitting in a room and recording new stuff a la "Patience"? That would take a miracle imho...especially without Izzy in the mix. I know Slash and Duff are workhorses but Guns is a cashcow -- if they can easily just re-use their old riffs or slap a quick riff on Axl's Chinese Democracy rejects -- just arrange them differently like "Better", voila, you have a new Guns record. 

To give credit where it's due, I think Axl's done a great job. The money must be so good, it got this habitually lazy guy to get off his ass and put on a good show. Obviously, he's done an amazing job with AC/DC, and to my eyes, seems much more invested in that band than Guns where it looks like him and Slash are going through the motions as professional musicians. Maybe he's creatively more inspired by AC/DC and wants to keep Guns as his nest egg to keep the leeches like Beta, Del James, etc happy. Who knows.

I think James Hetfield said it best about Axl: "I have nothing against Guns n' Roses, I mean...he's doing what he wants to do at this point. I don't know if there's much Guns or Roses in any of that...but it's Axl, and he has not changed or waned one bit...and I kinda respect that."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Yah, can't do it man, not after hearing what I heard and believing what I believe.  I did not think this was the situation really.   Knowing that Adler was way more involved and they pushed him out without even giving him a chance....and then this pretty much gives complete credibility to what Izzy was saying that they didn't want to offer him what he considered his fair share.

Fuck these guys and I do mean guys, not just Axl, but Duff and Slash too.   There's more to life than making a shit ton of money and treating people like shit while doing so.  I'm all about people doing what they wanna do to make a buck and all, but not at the expense of others who helped put you in that spot in the first place.  They are totally fucking Steven and Izzy over, so fuck 'em.

And, for a minute I thought, you know maybe shouldn't hold this against Frank or Richard, but fuck them too.  They should be men enough to be like, "nah man, you aren't treating these other guys right, we're out". 

So over it.  

Welcome to my side of the fence my friend. Now you see why I've bitched non stop about refusing to put any money into this thing... If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks, it's a duck. Had Izzy showed up last summer and had they worked things out, maybe put out some new music, I would have sang a different tune. And the sad thing is, even though I do admittedly have a "haha, I told you all so" attitude, or at least I do feel that way, I wish I was wrong. So badly... Yeah, idk if going to see them in Buffalo is worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

Dunno why some people are so angry at Axl and co. I mean after this interview, it seems like they were MUCH more respectful to Adler and Izzy than at least I originally though. Adler was originally supposed to play all Appetite and Lies songs and most of the UYI stuff. I guess that goes for Izzy too. In other words, it seems like they were supposed to be the main band members and Frank and Fortus would have been supportive members. I kinda understand that they want to keep Frank and Fortus there just in case. After all Izzy quit the band in the middle of a tour and Steven doesn't seem like the most reliable guy either. 

But to me it seems like the band wanted to try if they could work it all out with Izzy and Steven. They wanted to keep the other members there just in case, but they wanted Izzy and Steven to be there, so they could see how it goes. But that wasn't good enough for Izzy. Who knows, maybe Izzy and Steven would have ended up as the permanent and only members, if they would have agreed and they would have earned Axl's, Duff's and Slash's trust. Well Steven of course wanted to do it originally, but then he hurt his back and so plans changed.

But all in all, it seems like they wanted to try if this could work with Izzy and Steven. They wanted to move forward gradually, but for Izzy it was all or nothing. Which is of course understandable too. Like in almost every conflict situation, there's two understandable points of view here too. It's a shame, if they can't make it work out.

No dude, you're missing the point. What they did wasn't respectful, it was completely disrespectful. They wanted it both ways. They wanted to make a fortune on this tour, but also wanted to avoid any criticism from fans or the rock press by bringing in Izzy and Steven as additional guests. The fact that they planned to have them play more stuff than a usual guest spot makes it worse given that they wanted to pay them a pittance and get their services for a bargain. What an insult to those two who helped start the band and make it what it was. These guys are going out and earning millions, profiting off the work of Izzy and Steven without wanting to pay them properly. They'd rather bring in two random session musicians to cover them instead. That is really fucked up whichever way you want to look at it.

Contract negotiations are somehow going to change the status quo later this year? Wishful thinking at best. These guys are operating Guns like a corporation now. A business entity. It makes no financial sense to bring Izzy and Steven back unless they release new music. They can just repackage their old riffs/vocals in the vault and market that as new music rather than renegotiating a nicer deal with Izzy which will just cut into their bottom line. That's why Izzy's tweet had such finality to it and why Steven sounds like he's moved on. The ship has sailed. Duff and Slash chose a huge payday over fighting for their friends.

C'est la vie. Look, the way I see it -- if we get some old vault material that had the original band or atleast the 1996 version of the band, that's just gravy. There is no way they will ever top that stuff with anything new. Just be a legacy band and give us our boxset of unreleased Guns songs.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Keep in mind whether you like Frank or not, he, as of 2006, is the current drummer of Guns N' Roses. Call him whatever you want, a hired hand or a "scab" that's not the argument. They weren't just going to kick him out, Axl is a loyal man and saw him as crucial to CD and the new music he one day will consider working on. Slash and Duff also decided to work with the current band instead of making it their way. It's not fair to anyone to kick Frank out when he's been there for 11 years and has credits on an album of the band. Like him or not, it's facts.

Agreed completely and no one can argue that. But guess what? That's not the point. The point is that Adler was supposed to be splitting duties with Frank like most wanted, and what should have happened. Adler had a minor procedure and then got screwed over for something he couldn't control. And worst of all, it reads like Duff (and Slash) agreed to be Axl's bitch for $$$. Adler talking abut Duff calling him and telling him he was out screams of Duff doing Axl's dirty work for him which is just pathetic considering that Axl's a grown adult. It's pathetic.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I think we're in agreement mostly. It looks like they've really pulled out all the stops to make this tour possible and to make the promoters happy by playing safe and checking all the boxes properly. Overpriced T-shirts and merch, check. Axl showing up on time and "just shut up and sing", check. It's all very professionally run and well-oiled. This is how it should have been back in the day I suppose -- but the gang have taken it one step further...they've sold out their integrity for greed. The old band broke up because they didn't want to compromise their vision of the band....now, they're businessmen and money talks. I guess that's understandable, people grow up and priorities change. Seems to me like Axl really needed the money (given what Pittman was alleging) and needless to say, Perla cleaned out Slash's fortune. They wanted a big payday and they got it in spades. Too bad they lost half the band in the process. People are still holding out hope that once contracts are renegotiated later this year, magically, the big three will wake up and deal Izzy in. Not likely. And let's be real, if Duff wasn't tied to the band contractually, his bestie Slash would have thrown him under the bus like Izzy and Steven. A two way split is much nicer than a three way split. This tour really only needs Axl and Slash. Duff is completely expendable although he brings some stage presence. But then again, so does Adler.

The fact that we're hearing GnR in trailers for movies and games means that the gang want to milk GnR for everything from licensing fees to merchandising...everything. Just like the Michael Jackson estate, since there are so many alleged songs in the vault, the money will continue to roll in if they just slowly release this stuff piece by piece. One song here, a few songs there. We'll probably get our holy grail UYI backstage footage and maybe even the raw UYI mixes and lost '96 sessions. There is money to be made here and judging by the greed of these guys and Duff's business savvy, no way are they going to pass this up. Get ready for the Guns n' Roses movie with Bradley Cooper as Axl. That's the good news (depending on your point of view) about the trinity repairing their relationship enough to tour.

But actual music? Like sitting in a room and recording new stuff a la "Patience"? That would take a miracle imho...especially without Izzy in the mix. I know Slash and Duff are workhorses but Guns is a cashcow -- if they can easily just re-use their old riffs or slap a quick riff on Axl's Chinese Democracy rejects -- just arrange them differently like "Better", voila, you have a new Guns record. 

To give credit where it's due, I think Axl's done a great job. The money must be so good, it got this habitually lazy guy to get off his ass and put on a good show. Obviously, he's done an amazing job with AC/DC, and to my eyes, seems much more invested in that band than Guns where it looks like him and Slash are going through the motions as professional musicians. Maybe he's creatively more inspired by AC/DC and wants to keep Guns as his nest egg to keep the leeches like Beta, Del James, etc happy. Who knows.

I think James Hetfield said it best about Axl: "I have nothing against Guns n' Roses, I mean...he's doing what he wants to do at this point. I don't know if there's much Guns or Roses in any of that...but it's Axl, and he has not changed or waned one bit...and I kinda respect that."

Yeah, I agree about Duff being expendable, too. Outside of the rock fanbase, no one really knows him. People only want Axl and Slash - similar to how no one cared that John Paul Jones was completely thrown under the bus when Page and Plant were doing their Egyptian/Indian/whatever projects (albeit theirs really was amazing).

I think you're too optimistic about GNR releasing new music or especially anything from the vault, though. I doubt they'd want to show the world how much better they were in the 90s at this point. As for new material, yeah, I think if we get new music it will be in the style of Better and Fall to Pieces. No soul or dirty rock n' roll.

And yes, Axl has done a good job at being a creature of habit, but it's just not his thing. His greatest strength as an artist is his unpredictability that used to drive people to frenzies of love and hate. Now it's gone, along with the band's integrity, as you pointed out. Yeah, he seems actually inspired by AC/DC so I won't be surprised if he spends most of his good ideas on that. As for his relationship with Slash, I think that it's better than ever since Slash is a sellout, a workhorse and prefers to live on the road, so now that Axl's more or less the same, plus they're raking in all the loot, they have no trouble putting the past behind them. That's probably the main reason they will keep touring and having a good time at the expense of the poor fans who don't know what they're missing out on without the original AFD5.

As for Hetfield, though, he's one to talk. I swear, he's so corporate and despicable for what he's done to Metallica that I can't take a single word out of his mouth seriously. Just like there's no Guns or Roses in GNR, there's no Metal in Metallica. But Axl has changed, though. For the worse.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Agreed completely and no one can argue that. But guess what? That's not the point. The point is that Adler was supposed to be splitting duties with Frank like most wanted, and what should have happened. Adler had a minor procedure and then got screwed over for something he couldn't control. And worst of all, it reads like Duff (and Slash) agreed to be Axl's bitch for $$$. Adler talking abut Duff calling him and telling him he was out screams of Duff doing Axl's dirty work for him which is just pathetic considering that Axl's a grown adult. It's pathetic.

We may never see eye to eye again, bc we sure haven't in the past and I'll give you props that you haven't changed your tune on this in anyway.  But, we definitely see eye to eye on this right now, unfortunately.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Asia said:

So there comes the most delusional guy ever who has lived 90% of his life in a haze and in a lie and begins his story with the most obvious lie and bullshit ever - that firing him had nothing to do with drugs and that he took less drugs than other band members :rofl-lol:

And then he feeds you with something as probable as a snow in Australia

But it does snow in Australia! ;-D

If we aren't getting the AFD 5 at any point anyway, we might as well get some truth from interviews from Matt and Izzy too.

I can't help but think that Duff isn't comfortable with there still being bad business between GNR and his other buds. He was probably the one who called Steven because he cared about him the most. His 2 books leaned so heavily on getting ALL of the guys back together, so he's probably not happy.

• Like 1

Mhh. Steven maybe has talked lots of shit in the past, but I actually believe his side of the story about the whole Reunion, Troubadour, the gigs he's been involved with on the tour last year. And it makes me sad to hear especially the story about the Buenos Aires shows, where he was treated so badly by Axl and also by Duff and Slash, even if they weren't involved directly in what was going on behind the stage, but they just let it happen. I don't understand how they could do that to their old friend. 

I think Duff and Slash above of all did this GnR reunion for the money, maybe there's also a bit of nostalgia going on inside of them about all this. But they're licking Axl's ass. That's how it is. They are pretending that everything is nice and they are trying not to do or say anything that could upset Axl in any way. I'm very disappointed about Duff and Slash like many other here are, too. Very disappointed. And also very sad for Steven for not giving him the chance. He rehearsed these songs for 2 years just for this occasion and then he gets treated so badly for something he can't do anything about, his back surgery. Very disrespectful. 

I just lost lots of respect for Duff and Slash. I don't wanna even talk about Axl. He still seems to be the control freak he was in the old days. The only difference is that Duff and Slash just go along with it these days. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G-Money said:

If we aren't getting the AFD 5 at any point anyway, we might as well get some truth from interviews from Matt and Izzy too.

I can't help but think that Duff isn't comfortable with there still being bad business between GNR and his other buds. He was probably the one who called Steven because he cared about him the most. His 2 books leaned so heavily on getting ALL of the guys back together, so he's probably not happy.

Not sure on that count. The rumors allege that he was none to happy about Izzy wanting his fair share of money. Duff is all business now. What they write in the books means nothing clearly -- Slash has said all kinds of wonderful things about how he'll only do a reunion with Izzy and Steven. He's said that for the last 20 years. But once that "loot" was there, these guys did an about face in record time. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

IMO this tour is all about Axl and Slash rebuilding a friendship and making it GNR again while making a shit load of money. At this point last year there were probably doubts in the back of thier minds wether the reunion would happen so would diving straight into a AFD line up be the best way to repair a 20 year fued ? Slash said he'd only do a reunion for the right reasons well what if doing it with this line up allows him to build a friendship with Axl which could lead to a full reunion next year ? All we can do is speculate and hearing Steven say him and Izzy are up for is a sore one to take and I reckon they should've just done it. Once the contracts end around October this year ( rumoured ) then I hope Richard and Frank step aside. But till then I'm still happy to have what we've got. 

Axl and Slash rebuilding a friendship :lol:

They don't even think enough of the fans to do a god damn interview together. They're probably limited in how much time they spend around each other. Slash isn't allowed to do interview anymore, we've gotten something from Fortus but we've gotten Axl and Duff together. It was no coincidence. It's just sad how Slash and Duff just willingly agreed to do whatever Al wants for the sake of $$$. Maybe Slash does need the money...Apparently Axl does since he couldn't even pay Mothergoose of all people. Pathetic.

• Like 2