NEW Steven Adler interview with Mitch Lafon

19 minutes ago, RONIN said:

No dude, you're missing the point. What they did wasn't respectful, it was completely disrespectful. They wanted it both ways. They wanted to make a fortune on this tour, but also wanted to avoid any criticism from fans or the rock press by bringing in Izzy and Steven as additional guests. The fact that they planned to have them play more stuff than a usual guest spot makes it worse given that they wanted to pay them a pittance and get their services for a bargain. What an insult to those two who helped start the band and make it what it was. These guys are going out and earning millions, profiting off the work of Izzy and Steven without wanting to pay them properly. They'd rather bring in two random session musicians to cover them instead. That is really fucked up whichever way you want to look at it.

Contract negotiations are somehow going to change the status quo later this year? Wishful thinking at best. These guys are operating Guns like a corporation now. A business entity. It makes no financial sense to bring Izzy and Steven back unless they release new music. They can just repackage their old riffs/vocals in the vault and market that as new music rather than renegotiating a nicer deal with Izzy which will just cut into their bottom line. That's why Izzy's tweet had such finality to it and why Steven sounds like he's moved on. The ship has sailed. Duff and Slash chose a huge payday over fighting for their friends.

C'est la vie. Look, the way I see it -- if we get some old vault material that had the original band or atleast the 1996 version of the band, that's just gravy. There is no way they will ever top that stuff with anything new. Just be a legacy band and give us our boxset of unreleased Guns songs.

I'm not missing your point. I'm just looking at other points too. There's more than one point in this story.

35 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I drank the kumbaya koolaid at first, too. I wanted them to be a legit band again. I know an AfD 5 would be marketable but they'll never garner the attention they did in 2016 again

Yeah but to be fair does that mean they shouldn't do it at all? I mean, do you really think the show at new era field in buffalo will outsell metlife from 2016?

I'm not arguing the point but, I just don't see how it's all burning to the ground over an alleged missed chance. And if they're making their money now, wouldn't they feel like "hey fans we owe ya one, we have nothing left to lose so we can finally give you what you want for putting up with ur BS" kind of scenario...a long shot I know but..idk. I still don't see the excuse not to still do it at this point.

Edited by Billsfan

18 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

We may never see eye to eye again, bc we sure haven't in the past and I'll give you props that you haven't changed your tune on this in anyway.  But, we definitely see eye to eye on this right now, unfortunately.

:lol:

Believe it or not, I'm glad we're talking bro :headbang:

• Like 1

more quotes:

"The understanding was - I was going to do all the 'Appetite,' 'Lies,' and three or four of the 'Use Your Illusion' songs, and then Frank, who is a wonderful awesome guy, he was going to do the 'Chinese Democracy' stuff and a couple of the other songs.

"I was going to start it, he was going to come in the middle, and I was going to end it, and I was cool with that. Even a psychic 9 years ago in Australia I talked to, she said, ‘You're going to be back with them, but you're going to share the stage.’ I went, 'That's cool, as long as it's not Matt Sorum, I'm fine.' Boom! Just kidding Matt, I love you. [Laughs]"

Steven continued: "That would have been cool. I was ready to do the Troubadour show, I had been playing like 25 songs twice a day for almost two years, every day, so I was ready to go. Then the second rehearsal, I came into the rehearsal in March, and fuckin' second day, I just stretched - all I did was stretch.

"I pulled my arm and went, 'Ow.' I went, 'I just did something.' Then we played another seven songs, and then my back was really sore, and I came home at about 8 at night, then by midnight I couldn't even stand up. It was just terrible.

"I was out for two weeks, and then I got the epidural after about a week, and then I had the surgery. I was ready when they did the Troubadour show, and Duff called me and said, 'Dude, you're not going to play with us anymore, you're not going to do these shows.'

"I went, ‘You're the worst fucking person in the world,' and I hung up on him. I called him back and left a message saying, 'I'm so sorry I said that.' When I said he was the worst person in the world, I didn't mean he was, I was thinking I was the worst person in the world.

"I couldn't even get back with my fuckin' guys after they gave me this opportunity, but I said it to him. When you have resentment you say things that you're feeling - I was feeling it about me, and I said it about him. I couldn't apologize to him enough, because he knows I love him more than anything. Obviously I got to apologize, because we did shows together, and he understood."

32 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Not sure on that count. The rumors allege that he was none to happy about Izzy wanting his fair share of money. Duff is all business now. What they write in the books means nothing clearly -- Slash has said all kinds of wonderful things about how he'll only do a reunion with Izzy and Steven. He's said that for the last 20 years. But once that "loot" was there, these guys did an about face in record time. 

Yup. Duff and Slash sold out, Axl may be crazy but he has control of the band so what can ya do? If youre Duff and Slash and you probably need the money, it's better to at least do it and get paid at this point. Lesser of two evils..

I said it then and I'll say it now. What Guns N Roses SHOULD HAVE BEEN.. Axl, Slash Duff and Dizzy of course should all be there. As far as the rhythym guitar and Drums, simple. Adler and Frank split duties. The Ball should have always been in Izzy's court and Fortus's involvement or lack-there-of should have been decided based on what Izzy wanted to do. Melissa Reese or any second keyboard player, WHATEVER. It's not like that person being there is a deal breaker to fans buying tickets, even though I think Melissa is useless (and annoying AF) but that's not even a deal breaker for me so...but, Instead, Axl had to establish to Slash, Duff and the rest of the world that it's still his band. So Duff and Slash replace the 3 guys who quit, Reese replaces Pitman (obviously an Axl call),  and Adler and Izzy just make guest appearances. That way he still makes it clear that he's in control but hey, he's not a dictator! Slash got DTJ and Coma back so see, not a dicatator because he was nice enough to make Slash happy!

What a bunch of Sh*t...

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 2

My two cents: Without knowing the details, which none of us do, I can't say this is all that surprising.  I'm a little surprised that some people here are seemingly stunned that GNR, one of the biggest rock acts of 2017, would run like a corporation, which presently it very much is.  Is it ideal that they aren't particularly motivated to risk their bottom lines (millions) to include their old buddies, whose inclusion wouldn't really affect ticket sales, if at all?  No, certainly not ideal from a passionate fan's perspective, and also probably not ideal from said ex-members perspectives.  But it is what it is, really.  Been that way with Guns since contract negotiations were going on in mid 90s. Hardly anything new, not matter how stung some people are about it.

Once bands reach Stones levels of success, contracts must be formed and parterships must be made.  Ronnie Wood wasn't given partnership in The Stones until the late 90s.  Does it suck that Mick Taylor is reduced to guest appearances, if at all, now that he wants back in?  Sure, he helped craft some of their best works on their most famous albums.  But it's the nature of this business, love it or hate it.  Again, it's just how it goes and it's not always pretty.  Hardly something to take some foolish/pointless stand as a fan, as if it matters one iota. 

An Axl & Slash reunion, not long ago, seemed like an impossibility.  It's happened.  I understand you love Izzy & Steven too but all this whining kinda reeks of fan entitlement. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I think we're in agreement mostly. It looks like they've really pulled out all the stops to make this tour possible and to make the promoters happy by playing safe and checking all the boxes properly. Overpriced T-shirts and merch, check. Axl showing up on time and "just shut up and sing", check. It's all very professionally run and well-oiled. This is how it should have been back in the day I suppose -- but the gang have taken it one step further...they've sold out their integrity for greed. The old band broke up because they didn't want to compromise their vision of the band....now, they're businessmen and money talks. I guess that's understandable, people grow up and priorities change. Seems to me like Axl really needed the money (given what Pittman was alleging) and needless to say, Perla cleaned out Slash's fortune. They wanted a big payday and they got it in spades. Too bad they lost half the band in the process. People are still holding out hope that once contracts are renegotiated later this year, magically, the big three will wake up and deal Izzy in. Not likely. And let's be real, if Duff wasn't tied to the band contractually, his bestie Slash would have thrown him under the bus like Izzy and Steven. A two way split is much nicer than a three way split. This tour really only needs Axl and Slash. Duff is completely expendable although he brings some stage presence. But then again, so does Adler.

The fact that we're hearing GnR in trailers for movies and games means that the gang want to milk GnR for everything from licensing fees to merchandising...everything. Just like the Michael Jackson estate, since there are so many alleged songs in the vault, the money will continue to roll in if they just slowly release this stuff piece by piece. One song here, a few songs there. We'll probably get our holy grail UYI backstage footage and maybe even the raw UYI mixes and lost '96 sessions. There is money to be made here and judging by the greed of these guys and Duff's business savvy, no way are they going to pass this up. Get ready for the Guns n' Roses movie with Bradley Cooper as Axl. That's the good news (depending on your point of view) about the trinity repairing their relationship enough to tour.

But actual music? Like sitting in a room and recording new stuff a la "Patience"? That would take a miracle imho...especially without Izzy in the mix. I know Slash and Duff are workhorses but Guns is a cashcow -- if they can easily just re-use their old riffs or slap a quick riff on Axl's Chinese Democracy rejects -- just arrange them differently like "Better", voila, you have a new Guns record. 

To give credit where it's due, I think Axl's done a great job. The money must be so good, it got this habitually lazy guy to get off his ass and put on a good show. Obviously, he's done an amazing job with AC/DC, and to my eyes, seems much more invested in that band than Guns where it looks like him and Slash are going through the motions as professional musicians. Maybe he's creatively more inspired by AC/DC and wants to keep Guns as his nest egg to keep the leeches like Beta, Del James, etc happy. Who knows.

I think James Hetfield said it best about Axl: "I have nothing against Guns n' Roses, I mean...he's doing what he wants to do at this point. I don't know if there's much Guns or Roses in any of that...but it's Axl, and he has not changed or waned one bit...and I kinda respect that."

I agree except for the yellow part. Axl had said already at a seemingly unsuspected time in 2011 that only Duff and Slash would be needed for a reunion (it's noteworthy that he said Duff's name first). Duff's role is upgraded and he has become indispensable, not so much because they couldn't sell the tour without him (although his presence helps to market the threeunion as a continuation of the last Illusions era band, since the three core and original members of that lineup are part of it), but because of his managing and mediating skills. Duff is the link between Axl and Slash and they both need him.

I am having a hard time with the Argentina story,  I remember when it occurred being quite surprised that Steven had only been allowed 1 song on each night, but I assumed that he was contracted and payed for two songs similar to other shows and he had chosen to split it over two nights. So how did the error occur, Steven got the wrong day? or nobody told Axl he was attending both nights, which in its self doesn't make sense as Steven would have no reason to be indignant that he was only slotted for one song. I assume there would have been contracts in place for his appearances, clearly stating when and where so they can build the set around a guest- Steven at these shows didn't make sense at the time, and still don't now.

9 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

My two cents: Without knowing the details, which none of us do, I can't say this is all that surprising.  I'm a little surprised that some people here are seemingly stunned that GNR, one of the biggest rock acts of 2017, would run like a corporation, which presently it very much is.  Is it ideal that they aren't particularly motivated to risk their bottom lines (millions) to include their old buddies, whose inclusion wouldn't really affect ticket sales, if at all?  No, certainly not ideal from a passionate fan's perspective, and also probably not ideal from said ex-members perspectives.  But it is what it is, really.  Been that way with Guns since contract negotiations were going on in mid 90s. Hardly anything new, not matter how stung some people are about it.

Once bands reach Stones levels of success, contracts must be formed and parterships must be made.  Ronnie Wood wasn't given partnership in The Stones until the late 90s.  Does it suck that Mick Taylor is reduced to guest appearances, if at all, now that he wants back in?  Sure, he helped craft some of their best works on their most famous albums.  But it's the nature of this business, love it or hate it.  Again, it's just how it goes and it's not always pretty.  Hardly something to take some foolish/pointless stand as a fan, as if it matters one iota. 

An Axl & Slash reunion, not long ago, seemed like an impossibility.  It's happened.  I understand you love Izzy & Steven too but all this whining kinda reeks of fan entitlement. 

Fair points -- look, I think you're right. It's true, this is all a business and money is always the bottom line.

Why this particular issue is making people salty is the following:

1. Slash and Duff talked a great game. How loyal they were to the other members, mutual respect, how there wasn't enough money in the world to get them back together unless it was the real deal, etc. We've heard this for 20 years. The change in behavior on a dime is taking some fans by surprise and feels discordant.

2. Slash won the PR war against Axl for the last 20 years as did Duff. Most fans took their side in the Axl vs Slash drama. There is a growing realization within this core fanbase that Axl may not have been completely off base in his appraisal of Duff and Slash. 

3. A lot of the GnR aura and even the "lore" that Axl, Duff and Slash built for themselves is about marching to their own beat and not being motivated primarily by money (less so in Slash's case). Seeing them become everything they once hated and selling out the others for a quick payday ruins the aura of the band as we had maintained it in our heads. For some of us, Guns was frozen in time circa 1994. Seeing this new evolution of the band and their transition into a legacy act is, again, discordant. It will definitely take some getting used to for some of us.

50 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Here's a sad reality, Angus Fucking Young has guested on more songs this tour than original member Steven Adler.....WTF

a sad reality indeed. geez to me it's a no brainer and i have read other boards and sites...people WANT the AFD5! the band wins cos i believe even people who have seen them in the NITL tour ( like me ) will go again to see the original 5! most people who boycotted the tour because it was not a REAL reunion. some people who were just meh will want to see an historical event. the band will win ( $$$ ) the fans will win and if afterwards Axl wants NuGuns back so be it. have Frank there in case Popcorn does melt down ( i don't think he would ) and let Frank do the CD songs if need be to keep him happy. same with Izzy and Fortus. then make a record or a kick ass pro shot DVD or both! that's my opinion *shrugs*

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I agree except for the yellow part. Axl had said already at a seemingly unsuspected time in 2011 that only Duff and Slash would be needed for a reunion (it's noteworthy that he said Duff's name first). Duff's role is upgraded and he has become indispensable, not so much because they couldn't sell the tour without him (although his presence helps to market the threeunion as a continuation of the last Illusions era band, since the three core and original members of that lineup are part of it), but because of his managing and mediating skills. Duff is the link between Axl and Slash and they both need him.

Oh on that count, you're absolutely right -- they need him behind the scenes. Like I said, he's very business savvy and like a true businessman, he's found a way to make himself indispensable by taking over Izzy's "peacemaker" role in the band. Duff is a great company man -- he's perfect for interviews. Reading his book and the airbrushed account about the demise of the original band was enough of a clue that he knows how to play his cards well.

15 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Fair points -- look, I think you're right. It's true, this is all a business and money is always the bottom line.

Why this particular issue is making people salty is the following:

1. Slash and Duff talked a great game. How loyal they were to the other members, mutual respect, how there wasn't enough money in the world to get them back together unless it was the real deal, etc. We've heard this for 20 years. The change in behavior on a dime is taking some fans by surprise and feels discordant.

2. Slash won the PR war against Axl for the last 20 years as did Duff. Most fans took their side in the Axl vs Slash drama. There is a growing realization within this core fanbase that Axl may not have been completely off base in his appraisal of Duff and Slash. 

3. A lot of the GnR aura and even the "lore" that Axl, Duff and Slash built for themselves is about marching to their own beat and not being motivated primarily by money (less so in Slash's case). Seeing them become everything they once hated and selling out the others for a quick payday ruins the aura of the band as we had maintained it in our heads. For some of us, Guns was frozen in time circa 1994. Seeing this new evolution of the band and their transition into a legacy act is, again, discordant. It will definitely take some getting used to for some of us.

You're not wrong.  I think a lot of what Slash, and to a lesser extent Duff, said to the media for a good 15 years was more about them simply posturing for the sake of keeping their credibility as relevant musicians in tact.  At the time, they needed to justify whatever project (VR, solo, etc.) they were promoting and often came at Axl's expense, tearing down him and his venture to keep GNR running...without them in order to legitimize their efforts.  It's one of the reasons we didn't see this reunion until 2016.  It was ugly, often unfair...But it made sense for men trying to keep their careers afloat.  And yes, it was probably mostly hot air.

You have to figure that Slash, in 2005 at the height of VR's fame, went to Axl's house for a reason to make peace when that tour offer was on the table.  I think it's fair to say that Slash would have returned to the fold starting in 2001 when he showed up at the House of Blues show and on.  So when it became real in 2014/2015 he was obviously all in, probably regardless of the rest of the lineup around him, other than maybe Duff.

So I digress, is it a fairytail ending that hardcore GNR fans may have wanted with the AFD5 riding into the sunset together? No, not exactly.  But the ride ain't over yet, and I think those throwing tantrums in this thread are cashing in their chips a bit early. 

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I am having a hard time with the Argentina story,  I remember when it occurred being quite surprised that Steven had only been allowed 1 song on each night, but I assumed that he was contracted and payed for two songs similar to other shows and he had chosen to split it over two nights. So how did the error occur, Steven got the wrong day? or nobody told Axl he was attending both nights, which in its self doesn't make sense as Steven would have no reason to be indignant that he was only slotted for one song. I assume there would have been contracts in place for his appearances, clearly stating when and where so they can build the set around a guest- Steven at these shows didn't make sense at the time, and still don't now.

Based on what Steven said, it seems that the schedule was for him to play his two songs only at the second show (I assume too that there must have been contracts), but because all his wife's (and his?) family was there he wanted to play at both shows, so he suddenly showed up the first night. Axl was either just surprised or pissed off. Either way there was likely an argument and Axl told him that he wouldn't play more than his contract stated and he let him play only one song per night.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Please note none of this makes Axl look better. It just makes Slash and Duff look worse, especially if they're not playing some kinda long game and have plans to get Izzy/Steven more involved.  They'd already be involved though and new music would likely be on the way if it wasn't for Axl and his never ending childish idiocy imo.

I'm personally done supporting this "band" though unless some things seriously change. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yup. Duff and Slash sold out, Axl may be crazy but he has control of the band so what can ya do? If youre Duff and Slash and you probably need the money, it's better to at least do it and get paid at this point. Lesser of two evils..

I said it then and I'll say it now. What Guns N Roses SHOULD HAVE BEEN.. Axl, Slash Duff and Dizzy of course should all be there. As far as the rhythym guitar and Drums, simple. Adler and Frank split duties. The Ball should have always been in Izzy's court and Fortus's involvement or lack-there-of should have been decided based on what Izzy wanted to do. Melissa Reese or any second keyboard player, WHATEVER. It's not like that person being there is a deal breaker to fans buying tickets, even though I think Melissa is useless (and annoying AF) but that's not even a deal breaker for me so...but, Instead, Axl had to establish to Slash, Duff and the rest of the world that it's still his band. So Duff and Slash replace the 3 guys who quit, Reese replaces Pitman (obviously an Axl call),  and Adler and Izzy just make guest appearances. That way he still makes it clear that he's in control but hey, he's not a dictator! Slash got DTJ and Coma back so see, not a dicatator because he was nice enough to make Slash happy!

What a bunch of Sh*t...

They could have gotten so much goodwill and there would have been a real chance to rehab their legacy as a band. Perhaps make up for 20 years of wasted time. There's no gas left in the tank I guess.

There was a slim chance that these guys could put out a new album that would be really good if Izzy was on board. Without him? Pff...no chance. And again, if we're being honest to ourselves, there is no chance any of them will top their previous work. Personally, I'd rather just get those unused riffs from the 90's and arrange them with some of Axl's 90's era chinese democracy demos for a frankenstein-esque future record. Better that, than seeing them try to scrape together a fresh record without Izzy. I also cringe at the possibility of having Fortus and Frank on a GnR record. I wasn't too big on having Gilby on a GnR album, and Fortus is even less ideal imho.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

You're not wrong.  I think a lot of what Slash, and to a lesser extent Duff, said to the media for a good 15 years was more about them simply posturing for the sake of keeping their credibility as relevant musicians in tact.  At the time, they needed to justify whatever project (VR, solo, etc.) they were promoting and often came at Axl's expense, tearing down him and his venture to keep GNR running...without them in order to legitimize their efforts.  It's one of the reasons we didn't see this reunion until 2016.  It was ugly, often unfair...But it made sense for men trying to keep their careers afloat.  And yes, it was probably mostly hot air.

You have to figure that Slash, in 2005 at the height of VR's fame, went to Axl's house for a reason to make peace when that tour offer was on the table.  I think it's fair to say that Slash would have returned to the fold starting in 2001 when he showed up at the House of Blues show and on.  So when it became real in 2014/2015 he was obviously all in, probably regardless of the rest of the lineup around him, other than maybe Duff.

So I digress, is it a fairytail ending that hardcore GNR fans may have wanted with the AFD5 riding into the sunset together? No, not exactly.  But the ride ain't over yet, and I think those throwing tantrums in this thread are cashing in their chips a bit early. 

Nicely said. They did what they needed to do to stay relevant and maintain their "cred" as musicians. If you recall, in the late 90's, most people thought Slash's career was over. He was fading away until VR came about. To be fair to Slash, he lost a huge cashcow leaving Guns. A major part of the band's identity and branding is him -- so returning to the fold and reclaiming what was rightfully his probably weighed heavily. Like you mentioned, I do think he probably would have jumped ship with VR if Axl was willing to play ball back in '05 which again just speaks volumes about Slash's character. He would have left his VR bandmates twisting in the wind if Axl and him could have seen eye to eye. 

Let's see what happens I guess. Maybe this story will take a turn once the touring ends this year....hope springs eternal.

16 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Nicely said. They did what they needed to do to stay relevant and maintain their "cred" as musicians. If you recall, in the late 90's, most people thought Slash's career was over. He was fading away until VR came about. To be fair to Slash, he lost a huge cashcow leaving Guns. A major part of the band's identity and branding is him -- so returning to the fold and reclaiming what was rightfully his probably weighed heavily. Like you mentioned, I do think he probably would have jumped ship with VR if Axl was willing to play ball back in '05 which again just speaks volumes about Slash's character. He would have left his VR bandmates twisting in the wind if Axl and him could have seen eye to eye. 

Let's see what happens I guess. Maybe this story will take a turn once the touring ends this year....hope springs eternal.

Yeah, it's not exactly something that gives you good feels when you can so clearly see what motivates these guys at the end of the day and after all the tough talk.  I think they, especially the big 3, look at Guns N' Roses as their baby and their rightful legacy.  Almost like Slash & Duff have been reunited with their estranged kids coming back into the fold like this and reclaiming what's rightfully theirs after all these years.  Sure it would probably be nice to take their buddies along for the ride, but not at their own expense.  Which I guess I can understand, especially after all these years.

And yes, I would not rule out a full reunion of the AFD5 just yet.  Part of the "good thing" about corporate rock acts like The Stones, U2 & Metallica is that even they need to re-brand eventually to keep things running.  This often comes in the form of a new album...or a full reunion of sorts.  Would be awfully cool if the AFD5 did something similar to the Up Close And Personal theater tour to celebrate AFD30.  Just spit balling, but there are many possibilities for the future.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

As Adler said it himself, "It is what it is."  Although I was hoping to see the AFD 5 again in my lifetime, the Vegas shows were (more or less) my closure with wanting to see them together again.  I saw them again in Orlando, and although that show was better musically, it still was nowhere near as fun and exciting as Vegas was - that entire trip was on a level of its own....Guns N' Roses fans took over Las Vegas.

I'll go see them again in Miami this summer and I plan to have a good time there.  Miami itself is a fun town, so it's a no brainer for me to go.  After the Miami show, I'll still enjoy their music, both old and new and they will still be my favorite band....but unless they do something more creative (release a new album, reunite the AFD 5 or maybe some sort of club show) I will be done with spending $300+ a ticket to see them play the same 20 or so songs live.

Like Adler said, "It is what it is".

I think that's a healthy attitude to have. And lets not forget how amazing the shows have been up to this point.  In my dojo anything more, be it an album or full AFD5 reunion, it will just be even more icing on the cake. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

As Adler said it himself, "It is what it is."  Although I was hoping to see the AFD 5 again in my lifetime, the Vegas shows were (more or less) my closure with wanting to see them together again.  I saw them again in Orlando, and although that show was better musically, it still was nowhere near as fun and exciting as Vegas was - that entire trip was on a level of its own....Guns N' Roses fans took over Las Vegas.

I'll go see them again in Miami this summer and I plan to have a good time there.  Miami itself is a fun town, so it's a no brainer for me to go.  After the Miami show, I'll still enjoy their music, both old and new and they will still be my favorite band....but unless they do something more creative (release a new album, reunite the AFD 5 or maybe some sort of club show) I will be done with spending $300+ a ticket to see them play the same 20 or so songs live.

Like Adler said, "It is what it is".

Perfect sentiment and I agree

• Like 1