NEW Steven Adler interview with Mitch Lafon

3 hours ago, Billsfan said:

This. Same goes for Richard. And they've at least recorded something for the band, they didn't create anything though. Steven created the opening to Mr Brownstone and even he didn't recognize what the hell was being played til the first verse :lol:

In his defense most fans didn't either

Steven is a fucking moron. I went the KC show with a very casual GNR fan and he instantly recognized Brownstone. I now know why Axl says fucking with Steven brings the nightmare of his mother. He plays some shows and then the books comes out. She was probably writing the book when she heard he would be part of the tour. Steven comes off as goofy fucker and nobody outside of this forum gives a shit about his inclusion in GNR.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

Izzy did not rehearse because he didn't agree to the amount of $$$ offered from the beginning for the shows promoted by AEG and for the Mexico City dates.  

I'm almost certain the band knew Izzy wasn't going to participate in the reunion. He was flaky about joining velvet revolver, too. I'm sure the offer to Izzy was made to give him an opportunity to ply for the fans. Izzy sold his stake in GNR, he simply didn't deserve equal share.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

Izzy did not rehearse because he didn't agree to the amount of $$$ offered from the beginning for the shows promoted by AEG and for the Mexico City dates.  

Well, well, well...isn't this interesting? Lol

As a guest or not, Izzy never bailed, like some people love to say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

Well, well, well...isn't this interesting? Lol

As a guest or not, Izzy never bailed, like some people love to say.

Of course he didn't! Izzy was more eloquent in 140 characters than Axl and Duff in a whole interview. Wait, did Duff speak at all? :lol:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Gotcha...heard rumor he rehearsed so thanks for the clarification! Was just wondering because a year ago you reported that Izzy would be in vegas, and then you mentioned that something went wrong in negotiations so just wanted some clarification on what happened but...lol out of likes Eddie but we all appreciate it!

Oh and Keep up the good work at Alt Nation :P They really need you

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Steven is a fucking moron. I went the KC show with a very casual GNR fan and he instantly recognized Brownstone. I now know why Axl says fucking with Steven brings the nightmare of his mother. He plays some shows and then the books comes out. She was probably writing the book when she heard he would be part of the tour. Steven comes off as goofy fucker and nobody outside of this forum gives a shit about his inclusion in GNR.

That's probably not true considering every time he guested crowds went nuts for him. Frank has screwed up Brownstone, Rocket Queen, and You Could Be Mine to name a few. He even ruined Estranged and paradise city. And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way so..

• Like 1

The disappointing part of all this, we still can't get a single person IN THE BAND currently to do a single interview and answer some questions! I mean, it's ridiculous when you think about it. It's not NASA, it's a rock n roll band. Lives done depend on this stuff. Duff and Slash both look like yes men out of this which ever way you want to spin it! In 2015 slash was doing interviews everywhere in Aus when he was out here! 

Now he's back in guns, nothing! Same with duff! And if it's down to Axl or TB stating no media for fear of dragging up whatever it is that scares them so much then why can't Axl just clear a few things up? 

The secrecy is idiotic if you think about it, they are grown men who can't speak? Wtf 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

The disappointing part of all this, we still can't get a single person IN THE BAND currently to do a single interview and answer some questions! I mean, it's ridiculous when you think about it. It's not NASA, it's a rock n roll band. Lives done depend on this stuff. Duff and Slash both look like yes men out of this which ever way you want to spin it! In 2015 slash was doing interviews everywhere in Aus when he was out here! 

Now he's back in guns, nothing! Same with duff! And if it's down to Axl or TB stating no media for fear of dragging up whatever it is that scares them so much then why can't Axl just clear a few things up? 

The secrecy is idiotic if you think about it, they are grown men who can't speak? Wtf 

5 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I agree with you, but let's just say you, me, and Billsfan entered into a partnership where the three of us  signed contracts worth $500 million to our business partners and could generate $700 million for the three us and our employees.  Would you put all of that that at-risk and open yourself up to potential lawsuits if the tour fell apart based on something you said in the media?  I doubt it.   This tour doesn't require interviews to sell tickets so there is only potential for harm.  I think it's a good strategy but it's definitely not good for the die-hard fans that want to know everything about their favorite band.  The entire story will come out one day but I think we'll have to wait until after this tour is done.  

Both good posts

• Like 1

The dissection and analyzation of how the songs are performed live solely exist on this forum. No one else is concerned with such garbage. I doubt this forum even represents even .01% of the people attending the shows. I have taken over 10 people to these shows, some life long guns fans and everybody was blown away. So people can debate frank and steve if they want, but steven is not a worthy musical and aside from AFD has done shit musically in his life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The dissection and analyzation of how the songs are performed live solely exist on this forum. No one else is concerned with such garbage. I doubt this forum even represents even .01% of the people attending the shows. I have taken over 10 people to these shows, some life long guns fans and everybody was blown away. So people can debate frank and steve if they want, but steven is not a worthy musical and aside from AFD has done shit musically in his life.

So by your rationale, what, exactly has Frank accomplished musically?

22 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

I believe Duff and Slash are probably on equal footing for the first time in a very long time in this band. The exclusion of Steven doesn't make anybody a yes man and there is no evidence to support any claim that they are compromising on anything of worth in reads to the band. 

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

I believe Duff and Slash are probably on equal footing for the first time in a very long time in this band. The exclusion of Steven doesn't make anybody a yes man and there is no evidence to support any claim that they are compromising on anything of worth in reads to the band. 

Keep drinking the Kool aid brah

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

So by your rationale, what, exactly has Frank accomplished musically?

Nothing that I know of, but I believe he comes with no baggage from the past which makes the experience more enjoyable for all involved. I seriously doubt Duff enjoyed being told by Steven that he was worst person in the world and then hung up on. I just dont believe steven's presence matters. Marc Canter, Alan Niven ,and Slash all stated Steven could not play the illusion material properly. I would bet its because he isn't a great musician like the rest of the original players.

4 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

It's not Slash or Duff's band. It's Axl's. So, it's Axl's call.

• Like 1

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

What evidence do you have that these two are yes men? That either one is compromising on anything at all? You have nothing more than speculation. 

Neither do you, but apparently you "know".   And actually there's plenty of evidence now to support the very fact that they are totally compromising for the almighty dollar.  You want to ignore it, go ahead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

It's not Slash or Duff's band. It's Axl's. So, it's Axl's call.

You dont know the conditions of this reunion tour. Nobody does because no interviews about the particulars have been given so you are speculating. Call it axls band all you want. Slash and Duff didn't come back to be dictated to. Thats my assumption and there is no evidence to the contrary.

• Like 1

I personally feel like any one of us fans pretending like we know what is going on behind the scenes is just silly.  I said this before a few pages back - back here you still have people being all righteous in calling Slash or Duff spineless and Axl an evil dictator based on what?   Steven Adler who, God bless him - I love him to death, but he is hardly the world's most reliable narrator so I would hardly say we are any closer to the actual truth.

Not to sound like a broken record, but we have different members of the band disagreeing on behind the scenes stuff we are not 100 percent privy to.  I personally would not be able to call myself logical while at the same time shitting on Axl/Slash/Duff without having more info.  

• Like 1

Just now, tsinindy said:

Neither do you, but apparently you "know".   And actually there's plenty of evidence now to support the very fact that they are totally compromising for the almighty dollar.  You want to ignore it, go ahead.

Ian aware that I'm making assumptions. What evidence? and the almighty dollar? are you so principled in you down life that you are above making decisions based off cash?

27 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

You dont know the conditions of this reunion tour. Nobody does because no interviews about the particulars have been given so you are speculating. Call it axls band all you want. Slash and Duff didn't come back to be dictated to. Thats my assumption and there is no evidence to the contrary.

Actually, there is evidence. You just ignore some facts:

- It's the same lineup as it was before the tour started. Bumblefoot quit, Ashba quit, Stinson eased his way out starting in 2014. And with Stinson easing out, Duff filled in. Pitman was out after he announced he was in, then went off on mygnr online and now Melissa Reese has replaced him. People left and were replaced and Duff was pretty much back in 2014. We know this to be fact. People replaced people who quit, it's not like we had an Axl solo project get dissolved in favor of the "Trinity" bringing back something they lost and buried when they broke up. Axl owns the name, its his call to anything the name Guns N Roses do. The three of them clearly just negotiated pay and to an extent, role.

- And look at the band. You really think Fortus was a Slash and Duff decision? You think Frank Ferrer was a Duff and Slash decision considering how loyal both were to MATT SORUM for so long? Nether guy has ever had two keyboard players in any project outside of GNR, they've barely even had 1. You think that was their call? Melissa Reese worked with Buckethead and Brain, Chinese era GNR guys. Yeah, that was an Axl call.

- The Setlists haven't drastically changed from what they were playing in 2014, only Coma and DTJ were dusted off. Which Axl said was done to make Slash happy.

- 6 Chinese Democracy songs have been played. That's a Guns N Roses album that is considered to be an Axl Rose solo project. Why are Duff and Slash playing Axl songs, but not their own solo material? Slash played By the Sword, but with a different band. Slither was in the Alt. Setlist and that's been the closest we've gotten to other solo material being played... and it still wasn't even played.

- The Seeker is in the set list,still. Yeah...a song handpicked by Axl years ago to play. Definitely a Slash and Duff decision to keep playing that.

- Slash has split solo duties with Richard Fortus on select songs, including Chinese Democracy and Nightrain. NIGHTRAIN. Which was HIS song and HIS SOLO to begin with. Not Richards. Slash and Duff play a lot of the songs like the last lineup did, because in Axl's eyes they were joining the team.

- No interviews. That's an Axl call, not Slash or Duff's. Cmon, does that need to be explained?

- Still no new music. Since when do Slash and Duff not make every attempt to deliver their fans no new music, especially seeing that this was billed as a HUGE reunion tour. It's out of their character, but not out of Axl's....

And I'm just touching the surface... This is Axl's band at the end of the day. Duff and Slash are getting paid and clearly don't care that deeply as far as who's on guitar or drums as long as they get paid, they are over and done being confrontational with Axl. Slash and Duff were loyal to adler consistently, they were great friends. Yet, Adler is mysteriously out. There is probably a little more to the story but, if Adler was healthy , ready to play and his role was agreed upon, then it's sketchy beyond belief to suddenly shitcan him over health reasons. That has Duff and Slash doing Axl's dirty work all over it..

Yeh, sorry bud but if it looks like a Duck, walks like a duck and quacks...

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Actually, there is evidence. You just ignore some facts:

- It's the same lineup as it was before the tour started. Bumblefoot quit, Ashba quit, Stinson eased his way out starting in 2014. And with Stinson easing out, Duff filled in. Pitman was out after he announced he was in, then went off on mygnr online and now Melissa Reese has replaced him. People left and were replaced and Duff was pretty much back in 2014. We know this to be fact.

- And look at the band. You really think Fortus was a Slash and Duff decision? You think Frank Ferrer was a Duff and Slash decision considering how loyal both were to Frank for so long? Nether guy has ever had two keyboard players in any project outside of GNR, they've barely even had 1. You think that was their call?

- The Setlists haven't drastically changed from what they were playing in 2014, only Coma and DTJ were dusted off. Which Axl said was done to make Slash happy.

- 6 Chinese Democracy songs have been played. That's a Guns N Roses album that is considered to be an Axl Rose solo project. Why are Duff and Slash playing Axl songs, but not their own solo material? Slash played By the Sword, but with a different band. Slither was in the Alt. Setlist and that's been the closest we've gotten to other solo material being played... and it still wasn't even played.

- The Seeker is in the set list,still. Yeah...a song handpicked by Axl years ago to play. Definitely a Slash and Duff decision to keep playing that.

- Slash has split solo duties with Richard Fortus on select songs, including Chinese Democracy and Nightrain. NIGHTRAIN. Which was HIS song and HIS SOLO to begin with. Not Richards. Slash and Duff play a lot of the songs like the last lineup did, because in Axl's eyes they were joining the team.

- Still no new music. Since when do Slash and Duff not make every attempt to deliver their fans no new music, especially seeing that this was billed as a HUGE reunion tour. It's out of their character, but not out of Axl's....

And I'm just touching the surface...

-  Saying it is the same lineup but different people means that it is a different lineup.  Its a contradiction of logic.  Duff was not a touring member full time in 2014 just for a few shows.  People left and were replaced - thus making it a different lineup

-  Who knows, maybe it was a group call?  We know they talked to Izzy and Steven and some sort of disagreement happened whether it was regarding guest appearances or a full time thing, we don't know anything that happened behind the scenes so I would rather logic step in and keep us out of that landmine of nothingness.  However if said disagreements occurred and they needed a drummer and guitarist - it makes perfect sense for it to be Ferrer and Fortus.  And for the two keyboards thing - what one might need musically from a side project is different than what you might need in GNR in 2016/2017

-  Well the setlists were full of GNR hits anyway, so it makes sense to keep all of those in if you are doing a comeback tour in that sense

-  Well it is considered to be an Axl solo project... by some people.  Not others, again look it makes sense that an album with the name GNR on it is being played by a band called GNR. 

-  The Seeker really could have been a group decision to keep it in, just because Axl initiated the idea doesn't mean that the other two guys couldn't have gone "Dude I love The Who this is kickass!"  We simply as random fans cannot sit here and say we know, only that the initial idea was Axl's from GNR a few years ago live

-  The Nightrain solo?  Slash always split duties on it even on the original Appetite version with Izzy taking the first half.  Its illogical to bash the fact that he is not playing a solo section that he never played in the first place on the song, c'mon

-  Still no music?  Yeah well that one is quite obvious, you have Axl busy with AC/DC, and everyone busy with touring.  No new music, at this point in time, is still reasonable

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1