NEW Steven Adler interview with Mitch Lafon

58 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I agree with you, but let's just say you, me, and Billsfan entered into a partnership where the three of us  signed contracts worth $500 million to our business partners and could generate $700 million for the three us and our employees.  Would you put all of that that at-risk and open yourself up to potential lawsuits if the tour fell apart based on something you said in the media?  I doubt it.   This tour doesn't require interviews to sell tickets so there is only potential for harm.  I think it's a good strategy but it's definitely not good for the die-hard fans that want to know everything about their favorite band.  The entire story will come out one day but I think we'll have to wait until after this tour is done.  

You are right. Makes perfect sense businesswise. ;)

I say the reason why we still have Fortus, Ferrer, even Melissa!! Is because Axl is as always very sentimental and loyal. Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer are with him through ups and downs, Melissa because her connection with Brain. The only way we can get AFD5 probably if Richard and Frank decide to quit, but when?

and that's why Axl isn't so smart :facepalm: he can never seperate personal views with business, in any kind of job, it can cause you problems. I wish I don't do this when I'm older :rofl-lol:

Edited by tifalucis

1 hour ago, Eddie Money said:

I agree with you, but let's just say you, me, and Billsfan entered into a partnership where the three of us  signed contracts worth $500 million to our business partners and could generate $700 million for the three us and our employees.

I want in - but you assholes better split the loot equally!!!!!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I agree with you, but let's just say you, me, and Billsfan entered into a partnership where the three of us  signed contracts worth $500 million to our business partners and could generate $700 million for the three us and our employees.  Would you put all of that that at-risk and open yourself up to potential lawsuits if the tour fell apart based on something you said in the media?  I doubt it.   This tour doesn't require interviews to sell tickets so there is only potential for harm.  I think it's a good strategy but it's definitely not good for the die-hard fans that want to know everything about their favorite band.  The entire story will come out one day but I think we'll have to wait until after this tour is done.  

Cheers Eddie, 

i do agree with the point regarding contracts, and interviews potentially leading to harm but Axl did the China exchange thing which I thought was a strange platform to talk from back then. So he does talk....

Axl isn't stupid, he knows what questions we want answered. I hope your right and once their boots are filled with coin from this world tour that we get some answers on Izzy, Steven and future plans to release music and if so... Is it CD leftovers? Actual new music written with this lineup or anything left over from 96 or if it's a mix? 

I highly doubt we will get those answers as it looks to me that Axl has has just had enough of the media in general and he knows he doesn't need it. I can't say I blame him to be honest but as a fan, I like hearing what the guy has to say so hopefully we get something at some point. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

-  Saying it is the same lineup but different people means that it is a different lineup.  Its a contradiction of logic.  Duff was not a touring member full time in 2014 just for a few shows.  People left and were replaced - thus making it a different lineup

-  Who knows, maybe it was a group call?  We know they talked to Izzy and Steven and some sort of disagreement happened whether it was regarding guest appearances or a full time thing, we don't know anything that happened behind the scenes so I would rather logic step in and keep us out of that landmine of nothingness.  However if said disagreements occured and they needed a drummer and guitarist - it makes perfect sense for it to be Ferrer and Fortus

-  Well the setlists were full of GNR hits anyway, so it makes sense to keep all of those in if you are doing a comeback tour in that sense

-  Well it is considered to be an Axl solo project... by some people.  Not others, again look it makes sense that an album with the name GNR on it is being played by a band called GNR. 

-  The Seeker really could have been a group decision to keep it in, just because Axl initiated the idea doesn't mean that the other two guys couldn't have gone "Dude I love The Who this is kickass!"  We simply as random fans cannot sit here and say we know, only that the initial idea was Axl's from GNR a few years ago live

-  The Nightrain solo?  Slash always split duties on it even on the original Appetite version with Izzy taking the first half.  Its illogical to bash the fact that he is not playing a solo section that he never played in the first place on the song, c'mon

-  Still no music?  Yeah well that one is quite obvious, you have Axl busy with AC/DC, and everyone busy with touring.  No new music, at this point in time, is still reasonable

-Contradiction of logic? No, that's what YOU'RE doing. You literally posted that people left and were replaced 5 seconds later..yeah, in AXL'S BAND!! :lol: Not Brent Fitz, Frank Ferrer is there. Seriously

-We have a pretty good idea what those disagreements were. Izzy said they wouldn't give him his cut of the loop. Izzy isn't dumb enough to argue for an equal share of pain for showing up whenever the hell he feels like it, he wanted back in. Adler did too, he said there was a more significant plan for him in the interview for this very own thread. Feel free to listen to it sometime, because he had a minor procedure and then was dumped over it. yeah, I'm sure Duff and Slash were dying to dump him considering their relationship with Adler. I mean...it doesn't look that way. We all know it's cheaper to pay Frank over Sorum too.

- The setlists are great. But it's not like they've dusted off breakdown here, just as an example. It's not different from the 2014 set list, at least drastically. My point there still stands, as well.

- I did say that by some, it's an Axl solo project but the name is Guns N Roses. we've had that discussion already. Axl owns the name, a proven fact. And that doesn't matter here...that's not the topic. The fact that Steven and Izzy want to be there is, and why Axl's hand picked replacements are instead. And it's tough to defend

- Maybe they did all want to keep the Seeker, but it's not like they covered it in 1993. It was an Axl call to begin with and it's not like it was eliminated fr a different cover for a different band so, your argument is kind of flawed there even though you could claim mine is. It was a nu-GNR song this lineup still plays. So, Duff and Slash agreed to play more songs that a lineup of guns n roses that they weren't a part of did.  

- Nightrain solo, Chinese Solo's, I used several examples. I'd have to go back and look at that but, whatever.I I can give you that, unfortunately That doesn't top the other points.

- And no new music? Yeah, Slash and Duff have provided us with new music consistently over the years. There's not even a plan in place for that, which you can't argue except claim that Axl's too busy. Yeah, he was too busy visiting china in 2004 too. I'm sure there was no plan in place when they returned, but they had plenty of time between announcing Coachella and playing the Troubadour to deliver SOMETHING. Even an EP. Slash and Duff's past say they'd do otherwise...Axl's doesn't.

Edited by Billsfan

5 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

-Contradiction of logic? No, that's what YOU'RE doing. You literally posted that people left and were replaced 5 seconds later..yeah, in AXL'S BAND!! :lol: Not Brent Fitz, Frank Ferrer is there. Seriously

-We have a pretty good idea what those disagreements were. Izzy said they wouldn't give him his cut of the loop. Izzy isn't dumb enough to argue for an equal share of pain for showing up whenever the hell he feels like it, he wanted back in. Adler did too, he said there was a more significant plan for him in the interview for this very own thread. Feel free to listen to it sometime, because he had a minor procedure and then was dumped over it. yeah, I'm sure Duff and Slash were dying to dump him considering their relationship with Adler. I mean...it doesn't look that way. We all know it's cheaper to pay Frank over Sorum too.

- The setlists are great. But it's not like they've dusted off breakdown here, just as an example. It's not different from the 2014 set list, at least drastically. My point there still stands, as well.

- I did say that by some, it's an Axl solo project but the name is Guns N Roses. we've had that discussion already. Axl owns the name, a proven fact.

- Maybe they did all want to keep the Seeker, but it's not like they covered it in 1993. It was an Axl call to begin with and it's not like it was eliminated fr a different cover for a different band so, your argument is kind of flawed there even though you could claim mine is.

- Nightrain solo, Chinese Solo's, I used several examples. I'd have to go back and look at that but, whatever. That doesn't top the other points. And no new music? Yeah, Slash and Duff have provided us with new music consistently over the years. There's not even a plan in place for that, which you can't argue except claim that Axl's too busy. Yeah, he was too busy visiting china in 2004 too.

Slash and Duff wanted to be part of this version of GN'R- the plan was never to cut out all the band members and start fresh, they wanted to build on what Axl had out of respect for the old-Nu line-up. They learned all the Chinese Democracy songs, that was not an Axl request. They didn't rejoin Guns n' Roses to say fuck you Axl, let's do this our way. They rejoined their band which has changed from the 90's, which they wanted back in to. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Slash and Duff wanted to be part of this version of GN'R- the plan was never to cut out all the band members and start fresh, they wanted to build on what Axl had out of respect for the old-Nu line-up. They learned all the Chinese Democracy songs, that was not an Axl request. They didn't rejoin Guns n' Roses to say fuck you Axl, let's do this our way. They rejoined their band which has changed from the 90's, which they wanted back in to. 

Agreed! They volunteered to be a part of this, but they didn't have a choice. Axl owns the name, all those two could clearly do was lawyer up over pay and making sure Axl shows up on time. See, we agree! It's Axl's band.... no one said he was holding the other two hostage

Just now, Billsfan said:

-Contradiction of logic? No, that's what YOU'RE doing. You literally posted that people left and were replaced 5 seconds later..yeah, in AXL'S BAND!! :lol:

- I did say that by some, it's an Axl solo project but the name is Guns N Roses. we've had that discussion already. Axl owns the name, a proven fact.

- Maybe they did all want to keep the Seeker, but it's not like they covered it in 1993. It was an Axl call to begin with and it's not like it was eliminated fr a different cover for a different band so, your argument is kind of flawed there even though you could claim mine is.

- Nightrain solo, Chinese Solo's, I used several examples. I'd have to go back and look at that but, whatever. That doesn't top the other points. And no new music? Yeah, Slash and Duff have provided us with new music consistently over the years. There's not even a plan in place for that, which you can't argue except claim that Axl's too busy. Yeah, he was too busy visiting china in 2004 too.

-  You said "same lineup" - you cannot have the same lineup but with different people.  So yeah my point still stands if we use the same terminology you originally used lol

-  I made several points regarding Adler's interview in this thread but am too lazy to repost them, however the TL;DR version is that we as fans are not privy to a lot of shit we need to be privy to in order to claim any real kind of facts with these disagreements.  However taking what Adler says as 100 gospel is IMO not really fatual based on Adler's history the last 28 years :P - or at least without spin that we need a second story to go along with it

-  It isn't different than 2014, however you point is that it is all Axl's call.  So if GNR don't bust out Breakdown and instead agree upon setlists together that resemble those from a few years ago - Axl is a dictator still?  Having it be Ax's call is different than the other band members taking suggestions from Axl regarding the setlists to heart or diggin it as much themselves

-  And my point still stands that it makes perfect sense for GNR to play GNR songs

-  Well my point with The Seeker is equal to that of the setlist debate on a previous point

-  Correct me if I am wrong, however there is zero instance of anybody playing any solos that Slash originally played on - Slash is either soloing as much on songs as he solos on before or he solos on CD songs where he never even had a solo originally in the first place - those two songs are split like they originally were in terms of different players playing different sections

-  With the new music thing, all I can say is that I do not think it is at any point considered unreasonable for a band going on a huge scale long term tour with Axl doing the AC/DC thing in between some legs to not have time to go into a studio a write material, then work on the contracts, and record - get people to mix it under their supervision - master it, work out promotional deals, etc.  Making an album is a lot more than simply laying down tracks and large scale tours make it very hard for that to happen if we are assuming some new material will be written

19 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Agreed! They volunteered to be a part of this, but they didn't have a choice. Axl owns the name, all those two could clearly do was lawyer up over pay and making sure Axl shows up on time. See, we agree! It's Axl's band.... no one said he was holding the other two hostage

I disagree that it's Axl's band though. Duff and Slash helped to decide the setlist...they opted to do Chinese Democracy songs, Slash wanted Coma and DTJ, Duff gets to do Attitude/New Rose. We know that Duff and Slash were a big factor in designing the stage set up, the promotional art work, rehearsal leading etc. I mean come on, did you not expect them to do WTTJ or ISE? Slash and Duff also threw in Yesterdays (a song played what, once by NuGNR?), Used to Love Her, My Michelle, Out Ta Get Me, etc.

13 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

PKPbzqT.gif

As much as you (hell, and even I) might not, Duff and Slash show the appropriate respect for their friend's work and aren't going to shit on it.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

As much as you (hell, and even I) might not, Duff and Slash show the appropriate respect for their friend's work and aren't going to shit on it.

Personally, I FUCKING LOVE Chinese Democracy (Prostitute is mah jam!)

But that was a labour of love on Axl's part - he carried that stone up to the mountaintop - and its nice of him to let Fortus and Frank tag along - but I'm not under any illusion that they greatly impacted that record and how it eventually came to be.

Slash and Duff playing those songs are a testament to - as you pointed out - their respect for Axl as a musician and artist.

They're sharing the stage with Frank and Fortus because that means they get to share the stage with Axl.

Axl is sharing the stage with Slash and Duff because it means he makes $$$$ and in some weird twisted sense of irony - cements his view that this was ALWAYS his band.

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

-  Saying it is the same lineup but different people means that it is a different lineup.  Its a contradiction of logic.  Duff was not a touring member full time in 2014 just for a few shows.  People left and were replaced - thus making it a different lineup

-  Who knows, maybe it was a group call?  We know they talked to Izzy and Steven and some sort of disagreement happened whether it was regarding guest appearances or a full time thing, we don't know anything that happened behind the scenes so I would rather logic step in and keep us out of that landmine of nothingness.  However if said disagreements occurred and they needed a drummer and guitarist - it makes perfect sense for it to be Ferrer and Fortus.  And for the two keyboards thing - what one might need musically from a side project is different than what you might need in GNR in 2016/2017

-  Well the setlists were full of GNR hits anyway, so it makes sense to keep all of those in if you are doing a comeback tour in that sense

-  Well it is considered to be an Axl solo project... by some people.  Not others, again look it makes sense that an album with the name GNR on it is being played by a band called GNR. 

-  The Seeker really could have been a group decision to keep it in, just because Axl initiated the idea doesn't mean that the other two guys couldn't have gone "Dude I love The Who this is kickass!"  We simply as random fans cannot sit here and say we know, only that the initial idea was Axl's from GNR a few years ago live

-  The Nightrain solo?  Slash always split duties on it even on the original Appetite version with Izzy taking the first half.  Its illogical to bash the fact that he is not playing a solo section that he never played in the first place on the song, c'mon

-  Still no music?  Yeah well that one is quite obvious, you have Axl busy with AC/DC, and everyone busy with touring.  No new music, at this point in time, is still reasonable

The guys entire argument is speculation that he calls evidence. Again, nobody attending the shows gives two fucks. I really dont understand the Slash and Duff yes man narrative and the insistence on repeating it. 

I know we've all talked this to death, but again why should Izzy get again his own words, "they didn't want to split the loot equally" equal money? He sold his share in the partnership out. He was paid an agreed upon amount for that. Perhaps someone here will remember the amounts as I don't know what the amount was or if we ever knew. The point remains the same here. We can all say the 'band' should do the right thing but again we don't know all the details. 

What we do know is Axl's comments and to an extent Duff's in the interview and Izzy's response about equal loot. 

Again we can argue this partnership and what its meant back and forth but we've already dug up the paperwork here on another post. Now someone can dig that up if they like but I'm not were all aware of it here.

Now Steven again he was not apart of the partnership and in fact sued the band and got a couple million dollars. Again the terms of that can be dug up by anyone who wishes. I'm on my cell phone, just got off work and don't feel like copy pasting it. Were all aware that the court case was over him being kicked out because of his drug issues and inability to play.

Sure that was many Years ago but it doesn't change the fact that the business side of GnR was handled by Axl and or the partnership which also consisted of Slash and Duff at one time.

Noone is here to argue over who did the most work or whatever. 

Now back in September 2015 Steven was on the Eddie Trunk show saying he wasn't sure what was going on and doubted he may be asked back. He claimed Slash wouldnt even meet him for lunch and didn't believe in his sobriety. He also said Duff didn't think he was cool and didn't think he was a good drummer.

Those are Stevens own words. On that same show he said he had been sober for 21 months and some odd days.

In 2013 Stevens band released a statement saying they would be rescheduling his tour due to Steven needing rehab and his health being the priority then.

Fast forward to this interview Steven now claims sobriety since 2008.

Again many people can sit and say Izzy or Steven deserve to be there and Frank and Fortus don't. Those of us who understand the business side of it aren't saying they're not important however we are saying these guys have been there with Axl and have been accepted by Slash and Duff and they never once promised us a 5 AFD reunion. Why should Axl kick aside loyal guys when we seen how quickly Stevens calling up people for interviews and how his stories can change to suit how he sees it.

If I sold my share in a business I wouldnt expect equal shares based off me helping found it or even nostalgia. I'd understand that I gave up my right to negotiate equal anything when I signed on that dotted line and received my money.

Also my business mind tells me I'd never fire loyal employees to replace them with someone who wasn't there for decades and sued me in court and received his money. This has nothing to do with royalties any still receive. I'd also certainly not replace a guy for someone who wanted to backstab in the media when things didn't go their way or whom I wasn't sure was even clean or could maintain sobriety. Again noone here including myself are sure any of that is the case. All we have is what Izzy and Steven have said. Izzy said they didn't want to share equally and Steven once claimed Duff didn't think he could play good and Slash thought he wasn't sober.

Their words. Instead people want to say Slash and Duff are yes men now and Axl is a dictator. Instead of people actually understanding where hr and or the band may be coming from. 

Why would they come and speak to us the fans? Last time Axl tried that people still thought what they wanted. Much of what he said was turned against him or misconstrued by fans. I just don't see it being top priority when no matter what they say it won't appease many anyway.

A good example here is Axl came here and to other forums and told everyone here there was no sneaky takeover they had to initial even that they read it. We also seen that contract with the initialed lines on the forums yet people still say Axl tricked everyone. Sometimes it doesn't matter what they say. Can you seriously blame them for not talking to media or why they don't come on forums knowingly anymore?

Ugh this post is long lol. Sorry had some catching up on posts to do and didn't want to quote a bunch of other posts.

Also want to add perhaps they've moved on from things the fans and or media feel they have a right to know, personal issues. Why bring up old things that aren't an issue with them anymore? We all know what questions would be the most asked if they did do interviews or come speak to us.

I don't claim to know anything but what we've been told which still may not be the whole truth from Izzy and Steven.

Edited by BOSSY78
Added
  • Like 2

Some of you keep on talking about Axl's loyalty, or respect for his band mates... funny how he didn't have any respect, i'm not gonna say for Steven cause clearly there was an issue there, but for Izzy? They had been friends since they were kids, Axl ended up in LA because of Izzy, whom, according to Duff, was the main force of the band in their beginnings, yet, at the first chance he tries to shove an insulting contract in his face to make him more or less and employee? Fuck Axl's loyalty, that argument is actually hilarious. The only loyalty Axl knows is to "yes" people, which Izzy "NO" Stradlin clearly is not.:lol:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 4

On 2/20/2017 at 8:57 PM, Oldest Goat said:

This is a hypothetical(I'm not actually Ringo :lol:) example to explain the way I look at it; If I was Ringo Starr and my mother who had been deeply affected by my time in The Beatles wrote a book about her life which related heavily to my own, I would let her name it whatever the fuck she wants, she could name it 'The Beatles Suck' or 'The Rolling Stones' for all I'd care.

Steven Adler is the original drummer of Guns N' Roses. His mother who I can safely assume has been deeply and directly affected by her son and his experience with GNR wrote a book about her life and her son Steven is a big part of that. I imagine she titled the book Sweet Child O'Mine(can't remember the full title) because she loves him and this is a mum way of referring to him nicely when not all her memories of her drug addict son will be pleasant, not simply a cold calculated marketing ploy to rape Guns N' Roses legacy.

I guess we agree on some things and disagree on others and neither of us know all the facts like you say. But a vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time! :lol: I'm just some guy on the internet who thinks he is right and is a massive GNR fan and as a GNR fan my interests are in GNR and it's members not hired hands like Frank who are factually unimportant. The only way Frank could be described as important is that without his presence Axl may throw a hissy fit and call the whole thing off out of pettiness and pride. That being said I went to the Auckland show and had a great time and have enjoyed a lot of the streams.

Thanks for being respectful to me in posts even when we disagree. Nothing wrong with difference of opinion.

My issue with the title was the whole I lost my son to Guns n' Roses. Steven himself clarified she lost him to drugs not rock n roll or GnR. I don't take too much issue with the Sweet Child of Mine as I do that part on the cover. In fact its why my friend thought the book was about something it wasn't and why he purchased it. I take much more issue with Mick Wall. I haven't read her story but from my understanding the book isn't about GnR but his addiction. Again I know she has rehashed the whole lawsuit thing which to me could be a sore subject with the band. I heard a little something on an interview she gave but not enough to know all she's saying about it. What I heard wasn't friendly. Again since I haven't read it I don't know what she says about it in the book. Seems to me the band is trying to move on from personal issues they may have dealt with in the past. I believe even Axl said he wouldnt be releasing his book anytime soon because bringing up that stuff just doesn't seem to be how things should happen right now. Can't remember his exact words. Considering Stevens mother is possibly writing about and at least giving interviews about it, that brings up old wounds again.

Glad youre enjoying the shows. Can't wait to see them this summer. 

So I stumbled upon this tonight and thought about doing another post but figured we didn't need 2 posts to discuss the same thing just different interview.

Below is an interview where again some of the same things are discussed by both Deana and Steven but also they touch on why blame GnR for his addiction etc. Its a pretty emotional interview and I have to say he did pretty well with pulling out some facts from fictions so to speak on certain things. Some things he just let be and moved on or accepted the answer given. Some insight into Deana's life growing up and issues she's dealt with as well. After hearing this I say its a skim chance Steven will end up playing for GnR again. 

https://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=331&pid=1713711

Not sure if Admins want a new post created or add this podcast to first post or whatever. 

Edited by BOSSY78
Added

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

@BOSSY78 Thanks. What show are you going to? Hope you have a blast :headbang:

North Carolina for sure and still deciding on a second one. I was hoping more US dates were added but as time goes on it looks like I'm just gonna have to accept one of the other dates.

I'm nowhere near any of the announced dates so far.

Thanks I'm taking some first timers with me. It should be interesting

5 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

I don't care about Steven, to me is taking a little advantage of the situation, I don't care about Appetite lineup, Izzy can suck my balls, I'm happy with this lineup, I'm happy with this phase

You and a lot of other people who occupy space in the real world feel this way. The forum fanboys feel like Steven is some great ducking musician and we are all missing out on the his amazing talent and how he can elevate this band.