NEW Steven Adler interview with Mitch Lafon

12 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Some of you keep on talking about Axl's loyalty, or respect for his band mates... funny how he didn't have any respect, i'm not gonna say for Steven cause clearly there was an issue there, but for Izzy? They had been friends since they were kids, Axl ended up in LA because of Izzy, whom, according to Duff, was the main force of the band in their beginnings, yet, at the first chance he tries to shove an insulting contract in his face to make him more or less and employee? Fuck Axl's loyalty, that argument is actually hilarious. The only loyalty Axl knows is to "yes" people, which Izzy "NO" Stradlin clearly is not.:lol:

Well again, look this is the issue I feel like a ton of people on this forum have - is the fact that we tend to make such drastic moral judgements of for example Axl's loyalty when in reality we as fans have zero idea the talks that went on between them as well as their own internal reasoning.  We are casting such really bizarre judgements based on information we either have no idea of, vague ideas or, or only told be proven one-sided people where more perspectives are needed.  And thus, you have the opinionated fans on an online forum arguing over something none of us really has any idea about

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

He said he saw Axl for about 10 seconds the whole time and didn't even get to sit down to talk with him. He got a fist bump and gave Axl a hug. Only saw him enough to tell Axl he loved him and thank him for letting him play. 

Are you kidding me? What a fucking asshole! Like I said all along, Axl really hates Steven. Doesn't seem like it will ever change. 

What?  Why does this make Axl an asshole?

Just now, KURT19 said:

Surprised at the question.

Steven flies to different cities in the USA and then to Argentfuckintina and he gets a total of 10 SECONDS OF AXL'S TIME.

That right there is the definition of ASSHOLE.

Possibly, but I didn't listen to the interview.  Thus my question.  I need more information.

On 2/21/2017 at 11:05 AM, moreblack said:

The time for the 5 to come together and play was the Hall of Fame induction, and some of them wasted it by not showing up.

Would've been nice but Nuguns was still intact. Axl didn't want to reunite that night and because at the time it would've taken away from his current GNR's work. The public would've been like WTF if they reunited only to continue on with Nuguns. 

However it probably aided ultimately in getting old guns back together as it pressured the other guys to get out of the way. Public pressure to do what is right and step aside. 

Izzy would've played had Axl showed up

1 minute ago, KURT19 said:

Steven just told Eddie that he got a TOTAL of 10 seconds to talk to AXL. Of course he got a FISTBUMP and HALF A SMILE TOO, in Steven's words.

He also said that Axl loves the rest of the backing musicians (Frank, Richard, Melissa) because they act like GHOSTS around AXL and AXL doesn't like to talk to anyone.

ASSHOLE.

Wait a minute, I thought this new GNR was a family and all that...no?

26 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Would've been nice but Nuguns was still intact. Axl didn't want to reunite that night and because at the time it would've taken away from his current GNR's work. The public would've been like WTF if they reunited only to continue on with Nuguns. 

However it probably aided ultimately in getting old guns back together as it pressured the other guys to get out of the way. Public pressure to do what is right and step aside. 

Izzy would've played had Axl showed up

The first half of your post is exactly why I think we're not getting any shows for AFD 30th later this year. If they put on even a one off show with the AFD5 then the second they go on stage together then that's it , it'll over shadow all the work of the last year  this line up has done and the fans will find it harder to accept the current line up in the same way when they know Izzy and Steven could easily be there instead. 

Edited by Gold top 78

19 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Steven just told Eddie that he got a TOTAL of 10 seconds to talk to AXL. Of course he got a FISTBUMP and HALF A SMILE TOO, in Steven's words.

He also said that Axl loves the rest of the backing musicians (Frank, Richard, Melissa) because they act like GHOSTS around AXL and AXL doesn't like to talk to anyone.

ASSHOLE.

I would bet that in Sydney and Melbourne Axl did a great deal of talking with Angus Young :ph34r:

Just now, Padme said:

I would bet that in Sydney and Melbourne Axl did a great deal of talking with Angus Young :ph34r:

Agreed.

And come to think of it, AXL gave @ZoSoRose more personal time last year than he gave to Steven Fuckin' Adler!  Fucking Hell, Sad.

ASSHOLE.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

"So when are we getting started on the AC/DC album?"

"yisss"

"Can I bring my piano and two keyboardists?"

"yisss"

Edited by Kris_1989

I bet Axl thinks that Steven's the asshole and that he just doesn't want to hang out or speak around him. I'm the same way when I'm around someone that I think is an asshole.  I don't blame him. 

It sucks though. And I can see it from Steven's perspective as well. Bummer. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

I bet Axl thinks that Steven's the asshole and that he just doesn't want to hang out or speak around him. I'm the same way when I'm around someone that I think is an asshole.  I don't blame him. 

It sucks though. And I can see it from Steven's perspective as well. Bummer. 

True - anything is plausible really, unfortunately none of us can really know what happened

That is why in general you won't find me here nonstop calling any one musician that I don't personally know to be an asshole based on events I was not there for and don't know the whole truth for.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

True - anything is plausible really, unfortunately none of us can really know what happened

That is why in general you won't find me here nonstop calling any one musician that I don't personally know to be an asshole based on events I was not there for and don't know the whole truth for.  

You were not there but Axl was. He could give his version of the story. So he doesn't care if people think he is an asshole. Or can't give his version because there is no such a thing.

• Like 2

Axl is an asshole because he doesn't want to hang around with Steven?

I mean, I could see why he wouldn't want to - Steven seems like he can be a giant pain in the ass.

Maybe that's why, in all of their solo projects since Guns, nobody else has wanted be bothered by him, either... Nah, probably just because he's Asshole Rose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

What?  Why does this make Axl an asshole?

The more I thought about what I said, and the more I listened to Steven talk, I almost understand why Axl would not want to spend more time talking to him. Steven is really funny, almost like a child, but could become very annoying. I  think there is more to their story that we have no idea about. I just found it shitty of Axl not to show him a little bit more respect as a person.

It was cool of them to include him, but he should have played all the Appetite songs like he was originally going to do. I just feel like the "big 3" fucked him. Like I said though, this is just his side of the story. The truth usually is some where in the middle.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tifalucis said:

I say the reason why we still have Fortus, Ferrer, even Melissa!! Is because Axl is as always very sentimental and loyal. Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer are with him through ups and downs, Melissa because her connection with Brain. The only way we can get AFD5 probably if Richard and Frank decide to quit, but when?

and that's why Axl isn't so smart :facepalm: he can never seperate personal views with business, in any kind of job, it can cause you problems. I wish I don't do this when I'm older :rofl-lol:

Not to get off topic, but you will involve personal views in business.  I've seen it happen. I've also experienced it myself when a person that I had to indirectly report to made a comment about my disability.  It does happen quite often in business.