NEW Steven Adler interview with Mitch Lafon

20 hours ago, Billsfan said:

-Contradiction of logic? No, that's what YOU'RE doing. You literally posted that people left and were replaced 5 seconds later..yeah, in AXL'S BAND!! :lol: Not Brent Fitz, Frank Ferrer is there. Seriously

-We have a pretty good idea what those disagreements were. Izzy said they wouldn't give him his cut of the loop. Izzy isn't dumb enough to argue for an equal share of pain for showing up whenever the hell he feels like it, he wanted back in. Adler did too, he said there was a more significant plan for him in the interview for this very own thread. Feel free to listen to it sometime, because he had a minor procedure and then was dumped over it. yeah, I'm sure Duff and Slash were dying to dump him considering their relationship with Adler. I mean...it doesn't look that way. We all know it's cheaper to pay Frank over Sorum too.

- The setlists are great. But it's not like they've dusted off breakdown here, just as an example. It's not different from the 2014 set list, at least drastically. My point there still stands, as well.

- I did say that by some, it's an Axl solo project but the name is Guns N Roses. we've had that discussion already. Axl owns the name, a proven fact. And that doesn't matter here...that's not the topic. The fact that Steven and Izzy want to be there is, and why Axl's hand picked replacements are instead. And it's tough to defend

- Maybe they did all want to keep the Seeker, but it's not like they covered it in 1993. It was an Axl call to begin with and it's not like it was eliminated fr a different cover for a different band so, your argument is kind of flawed there even though you could claim mine is. It was a nu-GNR song this lineup still plays. So, Duff and Slash agreed to play more songs that a lineup of guns n roses that they weren't a part of did.  

- Nightrain solo, Chinese Solo's, I used several examples. I'd have to go back and look at that but, whatever.I I can give you that, unfortunately That doesn't top the other points.

- And no new music? Yeah, Slash and Duff have provided us with new music consistently over the years. There's not even a plan in place for that, which you can't argue except claim that Axl's too busy. Yeah, he was too busy visiting china in 2004 too. I'm sure there was no plan in place when they returned, but they had plenty of time between announcing Coachella and playing the Troubadour to deliver SOMETHING. Even an EP. Slash and Duff's past say they'd do otherwise...Axl's doesn't.

Eddie Money did say that Steven wasn't lying, but stretching the truth a bit in this thread. We really don't know what the plan was for Adler. 

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

Can i listen to that interview somewhere?

If you get the Siriusxm app on your phone you can listen to the interview on demand just search for trunk nation. Click on it and it should give you a list. Just create an account, it is free for 30 days. After that they will just send you emails with discounts for plans.

Edited by Tourettes2400

18 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

I know we've all talked this to death, but again why should Izzy get again his own words, "they didn't want to split the loot equally" equal money? He sold his share in the partnership out. He was paid an agreed upon amount for that. Perhaps someone here will remember the amounts as I don't know what the amount was or if we ever knew. The point remains the same here. We can all say the 'band' should do the right thing but again we don't know all the details. 

What we do know is Axl's comments and to an extent Duff's in the interview and Izzy's response about equal loot. 

Again we can argue this partnership and what its meant back and forth but we've already dug up the paperwork here on another post. Now someone can dig that up if they like but I'm not were all aware of it here.

Now Steven again he was not apart of the partnership and in fact sued the band and got a couple million dollars. Again the terms of that can be dug up by anyone who wishes. I'm on my cell phone, just got off work and don't feel like copy pasting it. Were all aware that the court case was over him being kicked out because of his drug issues and inability to play.

Sure that was many Years ago but it doesn't change the fact that the business side of GnR was handled by Axl and or the partnership which also consisted of Slash and Duff at one time.

Noone is here to argue over who did the most work or whatever. 

Now back in September 2015 Steven was on the Eddie Trunk show saying he wasn't sure what was going on and doubted he may be asked back. He claimed Slash wouldnt even meet him for lunch and didn't believe in his sobriety. He also said Duff didn't think he was cool and didn't think he was a good drummer.

Those are Stevens own words. On that same show he said he had been sober for 21 months and some odd days.

In 2013 Stevens band released a statement saying they would be rescheduling his tour due to Steven needing rehab and his health being the priority then.

Fast forward to this interview Steven now claims sobriety since 2008.

Again many people can sit and say Izzy or Steven deserve to be there and Frank and Fortus don't. Those of us who understand the business side of it aren't saying they're not important however we are saying these guys have been there with Axl and have been accepted by Slash and Duff and they never once promised us a 5 AFD reunion. Why should Axl kick aside loyal guys when we seen how quickly Stevens calling up people for interviews and how his stories can change to suit how he sees it.

If I sold my share in a business I wouldnt expect equal shares based off me helping found it or even nostalgia. I'd understand that I gave up my right to negotiate equal anything when I signed on that dotted line and received my money.

Also my business mind tells me I'd never fire loyal employees to replace them with someone who wasn't there for decades and sued me in court and received his money. This has nothing to do with royalties any still receive. I'd also certainly not replace a guy for someone who wanted to backstab in the media when things didn't go their way or whom I wasn't sure was even clean or could maintain sobriety. Again noone here including myself are sure any of that is the case. All we have is what Izzy and Steven have said. Izzy said they didn't want to share equally and Steven once claimed Duff didn't think he could play good and Slash thought he wasn't sober.

Their words. Instead people want to say Slash and Duff are yes men now and Axl is a dictator. Instead of people actually understanding where hr and or the band may be coming from. 

Why would they come and speak to us the fans? Last time Axl tried that people still thought what they wanted. Much of what he said was turned against him or misconstrued by fans. I just don't see it being top priority when no matter what they say it won't appease many anyway.

A good example here is Axl came here and to other forums and told everyone here there was no sneaky takeover they had to initial even that they read it. We also seen that contract with the initialed lines on the forums yet people still say Axl tricked everyone. Sometimes it doesn't matter what they say. Can you seriously blame them for not talking to media or why they don't come on forums knowingly anymore?

Ugh this post is long lol. Sorry had some catching up on posts to do and didn't want to quote a bunch of other posts.

Also want to add perhaps they've moved on from things the fans and or media feel they have a right to know, personal issues. Why bring up old things that aren't an issue with them anymore? We all know what questions would be the most asked if they did do interviews or come speak to us.

I don't claim to know anything but what we've been told which still may not be the whole truth from Izzy and Steven.

Awesome post!

3 hours ago, Padme said:

You were not there but Axl was. He could give his version of the story. So he doesn't care if people think he is an asshole. Or can't give his version because there is no such a thing.

So Axl not responding to someone else talking about him means he is an asshole because he is clearly obligated to refute something that only a few people on an online forum care about anyway?  I am sorry, but your statement just does not really make logical sense to me.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I disagree that it's Axl's band though. Duff and Slash helped to decide the setlist...they opted to do Chinese Democracy songs, Slash wanted Coma and DTJ, Duff gets to do Attitude/New Rose. We know that Duff and Slash were a big factor in designing the stage set up, the promotional art work, rehearsal leading etc. I mean come on, did you not expect them to do WTTJ or ISE? Slash and Duff also threw in Yesterdays (a song played what, once by NuGNR?), Used to Love Her, My Michelle, Out Ta Get Me, etc.

As much as you (hell, and even I) might not, Duff and Slash show the appropriate respect for their friend's work and aren't going to shit on it.

You're arguing that it isn't Axl's band and Duff and Slash have an equal say in who the band is over songs no one here is disagreeing over playing? K. Sorry bud, but you're wrong. They didn't choose the band, they're not choosing whether or not to write or record new music. That's Axl's call. They didn't vote on Frank, Frank would have been there whether you, me r anyone like it or not. Because its Axl's call. Otherwise, They 3 of them would have voted, majority votes win and I would bet, but not guarantee, that it would have been Matt Sorum.

I have defended Axl time and time again, especially over the Chinese years as CD is one of my favorite albums in general. But here, gotta call it as it is. This is Axl's call, Adler's involvement or lacktherof is on Axl

2 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

The more I thought about what I said, and the more I listened to Steven talk, I almost understand why Axl would not want to spend more time talking to him. Steven is really funny, almost like a child, but could become very annoying. I  think there is more to their story that we have no idea about. I just found it shitty of Axl not to show him a little bit more respect as a person.

It was cool of them to include him, but he should have played all the Appetite songs like he was originally going to do. I just feel like the "big 3" fucked him. Like I said though, this is just his side of the story. The truth usually is some where in the middle.

No, Axl doesn't want to hang with Steven because he doesn't trust him. He's still very bitter. He won't even do an interview with Slash or take a personal picture of just the two, we get a half ass hug between Axl and Slash backstage and everyone loses their mind because its the closest we can get. Chaces are there's a part of Axl still bitter with Slash but hey, money talks...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Just because you are insistent that you know all and are the keeper of the Truth doesn't mean you are. I agree that at the end of the day (barring some miracle that had Axl giving up the name) the band is Axl's, but we don't know what goes on and how much say Slash and Duff have in the band. However Other fans' speculation is equally valid as yours at this point.

It could be that Slash and Duff aren't even part of the band. They could be individual contracting and have a temporary partnership with Guns n' Roses and there are contracts giving them equal say/veto powers during the tour. We don't know and it is all speculation.  

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks...it's a duck". You're basically just saying that just because I wasn't there when Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman were murdered, doesn't mean Oj Simpson did it. Well guess what? There's enough evidence to prove that he did. The fact that Duff and Slash aren't allowed to do interviews, which is a PROVEN FACT, doesn't help their case. Seriously, how can you actually argue that? Why should they not do interviews, what could one of them possibly say that would unravel this entire threeunion cash grab?!?!

Edited by Billsfan

14 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks...it's a duck". You're basically just saying that just because I wasn't there when Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman were murdered, doesn't mean Oj Simpson did it. Well guess what? There's enough evidence to prove that he did. The fact that Duff and Slash aren't allowed to do interviews, which is a PROVEN FACT, doesn't help their case. Seriously, how can you actually argue that? Why should they not do interviews, what could one of them possibly say that would unravel this entire threeunion cash grab?!?!

No,  I am saying that it looks like it has at least two legs and may or may not have feathers and you are jumping to conclusions and calling it a duck. It could be any other kind of bird on earth, a person wearing a feather scarf or even a Irish Setter from a straight on front view so we don't even see the other four legs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sanity_lost said:

No,  I am saying that it looks like it has at least two legs and may or may not have feathers and you are jumping to conclusions and calling it a duck. It could be any other kind of bird on earth, a person wearing a feather scarf or even a Irish Setter from a straight on front view so we don't even see the other four legs.

This is such an issue lately with many people on this board, thinking like as fans we have enough info to talk about what exactly is going on, or one persons' motivations vs. another, etc.  You are exactly right, there is a ton of jumping to conclusions here 

43 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

No, Axl doesn't want to hang with Steven because he doesn't trust him. He's still very bitter. He won't even do an interview with Slash or take a personal picture of just the two, we get a half ass hug between Axl and Slash backstage and everyone loses their mind because its the closest we can get. Chaces are there's a part of Axl still bitter with Slash but hey, money talks...

Not having done an interview with Slash yet and refusing to do one are two totally different things.  Call it semantics, however there is a bit of jumping to conclusions here

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Would've been nice but Nuguns was still intact. Axl didn't want to reunite that night and because at the time it would've taken away from his current GNR's work. The public would've been like WTF if they reunited only to continue on with Nuguns. 

However it probably aided ultimately in getting old guns back together as it pressured the other guys to get out of the way. Public pressure to do what is right and step aside. 

Izzy would've played had Axl showed up

Honestly, the public would have showed up to NuGNR gigs just the same. In 2012, NuGNR was already reduced to dwindling venue sizes and indifference with most people. Axl was done releasing music. Him attending the HOF wouldn't have affected his band, at all imo. The people already going were mostly casuals who just wanted to hear him sing the classics, anyways. Do you really think him attending the HOF would have made them change their mind? If he was still creating music, I could see that point, but I chalk at up to him not going simply because he hated Slash. Whatever, can't blame him for not going although I wish he did

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KURT19 said:

Agreed.

And come to think of it, AXL gave @ZoSoRose more personal time last year than he gave to Steven Fuckin' Adler!  Fucking Hell, Sad.

ASSHOLE.

Sounds like it.

Its pretty clear Axl doesn't like Steven, and that is fine. I get it. He doesn't have to exactly be the dude's best friend... but this tour doesn't seem to be about comradere and friendship. Sounds like he got Slash on board out of desperation. If they aren't going to write or release anything, might as well do the "cash-grab, nostalgia, extravaganza" right and get the entire real band together.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Honestly, the public would have showed up to NuGNR gigs just the same. In 2012, NuGNR was already reduced to dwindling venue sizes and indifference with most people. Axl was done releasing music. Him attending the HOF wouldn't have affected his band, at all imo. The people already going were mostly casuals who just wanted to hear him sing the classics, anyways. Do you really think him attending the HOF would have made them change their mind? If he was still creating music, I could see that point, but I chalk at up to him not going simply because he hated Slash. Whatever, can't blame him for not going although I wish he did

Hindsight you are right but neither me or you is Axl:wow::shrugs:

It's 2017 now and Axl is still reluctant to let go of Nuguns and the CD era. I mean CD's been out for almost a decade. Plus another decade+ it took to get it out. It's fuckin insanity imo!

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Its pretty clear Axl doesn't like Steven, and that is fine. I get it. He doesn't have to exactly be the dude's best friend... but this tour doesn't seem to be about comradere and friendship.

I think a small part of it is that Steven still thinks it's 1987. So he sees Axl as his peer - and treats him like such.

He hasn't bumped Axl up to 'deity' yet like all the others and I think that chaps Axl's ass.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

They are under the same Axl/Management gag order the Nuguns guys where so yes it is Axl pulling all the strings with Slash and Duff filling 2 job openings. The $$$$$$/LOOT makes it all A--OK!!

For the 3 of em!:max:;)

Edited by Top-Hatted One

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

You're arguing that it isn't Axl's band and Duff and Slash have an equal say in who the band is over songs no one here is disagreeing over playing? K. Sorry bud, but you're wrong. They didn't choose the band, they're not choosing whether or not to write or record new music. That's Axl's call. They didn't vote on Frank, Frank would have been there whether you, me r anyone like it or not. Because its Axl's call. Otherwise, They 3 of them would have voted, majority votes win and I would bet, but not guarantee, that it would have been Matt Sorum.

I have defended Axl time and time again, especially over the Chinese years as CD is one of my favorite albums in general. But here, gotta call it as it is. This is Axl's call, Adler's involvement or lacktherof is on Axl

Right. Letting Slash and Duff pick the songs is Axl extending an olive branch to them since he's in control of everything else 

Mad respect to all those "Gn'R Insiders" who played their hand perfectly with such classic lines as

"There's more to it than we can say right now!"

"Something happened that changed things."

"One day the real story might come to light!"

ALLLLLLLLLL They needed to do was show us this gif and we could have figured it out for ourselves.....

Spoiler

DeveX_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starb

43 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

What the hell are you talking about? Don't you know that we all know everything about the inner workings of GN'R? Hell, we know more than Axl. Can't you tell that he still loathes Slash and just cares about the money? I mean, he won't even do an interview with him! Don't you remember all those interviews he was doing every week with nuGuns? Yeah, he loves the media, so why won't he do an interview with Slash? And it's so clear he's done releasing new music. I mean, sure, they haven't been back touring together for even a whole year yet, but I know that lazy fuck isn't gonna do anything. Nope, it's all about the cash grab.

He won't even spend ten seconds with Steven, you even heard it right from his mouth! When has his credibility ever been questioned? When has he ever tried to play the victim in the past? It's all Axl's fault. Why won't they just give Izzy his partnership stake back and give him an equal cut? Yeah, he quit and signed it away 26 years ago, but, AFD5! Who cares if he wants to drop out of the tour three shows in, or Steven relapses. Just do it! Oh, but only if they play a different setlist every single show - they need to think of their Periscope audience!

So true.

I love reading all the anti Axl posts. It incredible. A little over a year ago Steven was talking about how Slash won't meet him for lunch doesn't think he's clean and Duff thinks he sucks as a drummer basically. These were reasons he gave on why he hadn't gotten the call.

Now its I only seen Axl for ten seconds and this or that.

I've not really seen anyone who did anything but Blame Axl per usual. Its not to say he's innocent or wrong.

I mean who cares that this guy is bashing band members and helping his mother sale a story and in the title itself blame GnR pretty much for his drug use.

I posted a great podcast where Jay calls her out on that and proves her wrong even. 

If memory serves me wasn't there a guy who claimed he really wrote the book and said Stevens mother was forging his signature and Power of Attorney in 2007 and that Steven sued his mother? She wanted to package both books together even. He ran Stevens website and stuff if memory serves me. I haven't kept up with the story but its interesting. Maybe someone else will remember it and what panned out with it.

@BorderlineCrazy Again his band didn't clarify that it was alcohol vs drugs. I haven't heard anyone else clarfiy it actually. I used it in support of why according to Steven himself on Eddie Trunk in September 2015 said Slash doesn't think he's clean and wouldnt meet him for lunch he made excuses and was busy all the time. He also whined about never being allowed to  participate in VR etc. He was asked about the rumored reunion. He also said Duff thought he wasn't a good drummer. Again as we all know band members have said positive and negative things about each other. 

My point was not that Steven is a complete liar but that I don't take what he says as the complete truth. Why would I? I mean thus guy is doing exactly what they likely knew he'd do as he'd done it before. Axl said he invited him back stage one time and hung out with him and Steven somehow equated that to a reunion of the band.

Now fast forward Steven is doing guest appearances and now says it was supposed to be more. 

I'd have loved to see Steven with the band as I said before his charisma is infectious and he's a hell of a drummer and is GnR as far as I go as a fan but at the end of the day Steven sued for profit with his part in the partnership and the lawsuit was setlled for 2 and a half mill. Do we really expect this guys to just hand Steven and Izzy that back? Do we expect that complete trust should and is there with Steven and the band?

I myself was trying to figure where Steven was coming from with his comments about Slash and Duff and why he made them. 

We are outsiders looking in with only what is given to us. Its easy to think they should just forget about the millions paid to those two for their share in the partnership or other issues but at the end of the day its not our decision and I respect that just as I respect your opinion.

Truthfully I was hoping for a Steven surprise at the shows I'm attending but see that won't happen now. Im still holding out hope something is worked with Izzy.

I wish Steven was given more appearances then he had and a bigger role

Edited by BOSSY78
Edit
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WhazUp said:

So Axl not responding to someone else talking about him means he is an asshole because he is clearly obligated to refute something that only a few people on an online forum care about anyway?  I am sorry, but your statement just does not really make logical sense to me.  

Let's say I give interviews for the whole world to see. I say a lot of lies about you. I make you look like jerk in the eyes of the general public. You have forum members calling you an asshole. Your reaction is not to do anything about it? You don't care about people having the wrong idea about you? I guess you can ask your P.R. people to issue a statement on your behalf.

When Axl and Duff did an interview last year and they gave an answer about why Izzy wasn't there. Izzy said something on the matter.

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Let's say I give interviews for the whole world to see. I say a lot of lies about you. I make you look like jerk in the eyes of the general public. You have forum members calling you an asshole. Your reaction is not to do anything about it? You don't care about people having the wrong idea about you? I guess you can ask your P.R. people to issue a statement on your behalf.

When Axl and Duff did an interview last year and they gave an answer about why Izzy wasn't there. Izzy said something on the matter.

When the fuck did forum members not call Axl an asshole? Or the general public? Why waste his breath when everybody is just going to call him a liar and a sellout anyway?

Everybody already has their opinions formed, do you really think any statement he makes will change it?

He answered the question about Izzy (and Adler) during that interview because they were already scheduled to do it - he didn't go out of his way to make a statement about the situation. And people still shit on him about it anyway for not just paying Izzy (and will continue to do so).

What he should do is just deliver a good ol' fashioned rant and remind people that life doesn't owe them their own personal happy ending. I want an AFD reunion, but people need to give in and accept that it's very likely not going to happen. But just because it doesn't, that doesn't mean that they feel like coasting on the NITL tour until Axl reaches his grave.

Edited by Gunner927

i really think steven got the gig in GNr as an extension of slash.  Probably not a very likeable guy once you get to know him well...

from my own experiences of dealing with people who have "no filter".  They talk Shit about everyone and expect them to react how they themselves would react in a water off a ducks back kind of way. 

But at the end of the day, everyone they know takes a step back and distances themselves from that person.   I think Steven fits that category

8 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

When the fuck did forum members not call Axl an asshole? Or the general public? Why waste his breath when everybody is just going to call him a liar and a sellout anyway?

Everybody already has their opinions formed, do you really think any statement he makes will change it?

He answered the question about Izzy (and Adler) during that interview because they were already scheduled to do it - he didn't go out of his way to make a statement about the situation. And people still shit on him about it anyway for not just paying Izzy (and will continue to do so).

What he should do is just deliver a good ol' fashioned rant and remind people that life doesn't owe them their own personal happy ending. I want an AFD reunion, but people need to give in and accept that it's very likely not going to happen. But just because it doesn't, that doesn't mean that they feel like coasting on the NITL tour until Axl reaches his grave.

If he is called an asshole all the time and he says nothing about it. Then that's fine with me. It means he doesn't care what people think about him. But if he rants about Izzy and Adler I don't think he can accomplish anything positive with that.

It is not about a happy ending. Having Melissa but no Izzy and Adler it is not only odd but also unfair. Why is it more important for Axl to have this current version of GN'R over the AFD5? If Axl would say that they are making a new album and Melissa plays a big role in that project. Well at least that would be an answer that make sense. But there is no sign of plans for a new album or anything else at the end of this tour. All we get besides shows is Lego toys, NFL commercials and Valentine's Day flowers. I know that despite not having Izzy and Adler they are selling out stadium shows. But the shows would be better off and worthy of the money they make and we spend with the AFD 5

• Like 1