NEW Steven Adler interview with Mitch Lafon

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

If he is called an asshole all the time and he says nothing about it. Then that's fine with me. It means he doesn't care what people think about him. But if he rants about Izzy and Adler I don't think he can accomplish anything positive with that.

It is not about a happy ending. Having Melissa but no Izzy and Adler it is not only odd but also unfair. Why is it more important for Axl to have this current version of GN'R over the AFD5? If Axl would say that they are making a new album and Melissa plays a big role in that project. Well at least that would be an answer that make sense. But there is no sign of plans for a new album or anything else at the end of this tour. All we get besides shows is Lego toys, NFL commercials and Valentine's Day flowers. I know that despite not having Izzy and Adler they are selling out stadium shows. But the shows would be better off and worthy of the money they make and we spend with the AFD 5

Afd 5 is unlikely,,, you have to admit that.... But the only one fucking up the possibility of that is Steven... 

I really think it all goes back to the legal stuff with Steven and izzy not being part of the partnership... 

I reckon if I was working a job and putting in the same amount of work as my workmates, but being paid a fraction of what they are making, Id be a bit pissed off about it.

3 hours ago, Padme said:

If he is called an asshole all the time and he says nothing about it. Then that's fine with me. It means he doesn't care what people think about him. But if he rants about Izzy and Adler I don't think he can accomplish anything positive with that.

It is not about a happy ending. Having Melissa but no Izzy and Adler it is not only odd but also unfair. Why is it more important for Axl to have this current version of GN'R over the AFD5? If Axl would say that they are making a new album and Melissa plays a big role in that project. Well at least that would be an answer that make sense. But there is no sign of plans for a new album or anything else at the end of this tour. All we get besides shows is Lego toys, NFL commercials and Valentine's Day flowers. I know that despite not having Izzy and Adler they are selling out stadium shows. But the shows would be better off and worthy of the money they make and we spend with the AFD 5

I guess Slash falls in that category too. As does Axl and Izzy.

All this shit talk goes back 30yrs ago.

This isn't a good excuse. It is 2017

AFD5 does not excite me. I want to hear UYI, CD & new songs played. I want both Steven and Matt involved with Izzy. However I would settle for giving Izzy & Steven the loot and keeping Richard and Frank. Why this hasn't happened like YESTERDAY I have no fuckin clue.

Oh wait I do....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$/LOOT/GREED

Edited by Top-Hatted One

5 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

AFD5 does not excite me. I want to hear UYI, CD & new songs played. I want both Steven and Matt involved with Izzy. However I would settle for giving Izzy & Steven the loot and keeping Richard and Frank. Why this hasn't happened like YESTERDAY I have no fuckin clue.

Oh wait I do....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$/LOOT/GREED

The AFD5 can play UYI songs as well, and one or two CD songs instead of playing The Seeker or Layla. Sorum can be a guest from time to time. They can make a new album if the record company is interested. I think they could make a lot of money doing things this way. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Oh wait I do....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$/LOOT/GREED

Appetite plus Dizzy would be incredible. They could play Appetite, LIES, UYI, Covers... Playing no CD songs wouldn't have a negative impact on 99.9% of the crowd. Either way, they would be able to play those too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Padme said:

The AFD5 can play UYI songs as well, and one or two CD songs instead of playing The Seeker or Layla. Sorum can be a guest from time to time. They can make a new album if the record company is interested. I think they could make a lot of money doing things this way. 

A lot of fuckin money! More than enough to pay the entire band/staff and some!

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Top-Hatted One said:

A lot of fuckin money!

Yet there is no AFD5 on the horizon. :shrugs: Axl, Slash and Duff wouldn't be losing any money. So the question remains. Why aren't they doing it? My guess is this reunion is not meant to be a long term policy.

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Well, most of the time I just make quips and fair comments and bother to explain my point of view and try to hear out others, yet lately I've been treated as if I'm a hater by people like you who can't handle any criticisms or disappointment and then grouped in with extreme hyperbolic bullshit like "When the fuck did forum members not call Axl an asshole?" and "Axl should rant until you're all put in your place." lol

People who say stuff like you do in your post come across as living vicariously through Axl and the others and thus not able to handle any negativity at all because in your mind you're being attacked. So the question you should be asking yourself is...why would anyone respect that?

It's not living vicariously through Axl or feeling like I'm being attacked. It's the constant bitching and endlessly raising bar of expectations from people that I'm sick of. For YEARS, the majority of people would say "if Axl and Slash would just share the stage again, I'd be in heaven". Now he's back, and doing a world tour with them, and Duff is there, too. And Coma, a song people were begging and petitioning for on here three years ago, is part of the set almost every show. How long was that good enough... a month? Then the complaints moved from "Fat Mickey Axl, We Want Slash!" to "Where's the new music, same boring setlist, AFD5, why is Melissa there?!" with a snap of the fingers.

People constantly keep saying "there's no sign of new music" - why? Because it hasn't been officially announced? Which Axl probably wouldn't wanna do until it's actually ready, after the CD fiasco. How do people know that they weren't planning to do something with the AFD5 after the NITL tour, but just didn't wanna tell Steven yet - who has a well-known big mouth. Maybe they weren't either, but nobody knows for sure. Maybe Steven just ruined it for himself by running his mouth. It could still happen.

I'm just sick of people getting up in arms over what they could have, and not taking a moment to appreciate what they have with this band. Axl and Slash are back on-stage together, regardless of what money has to do with it. Axl seems to be giving a fuck for the first time since 2010. New music could be on the horizon, with Guns AND AXL/DC. Yes, it would be amazing to have an Appetite reunion, but, what's going on now isn't that fucking bad.

Oh and BTW, I was mostly joking with the rant comment. Though I do miss them.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Padme said:

Maybe it simply comes down to: Axl likes Richard & Frank more than Izzy & Adler? Which, IMO, is absolutely fine. Is it unfair? Maybe, yeah. But no matter what anyone says, it's hard to say that they aren't more reliable. Should he put his personal feelings aside just to do a full reunion? Sure, if only for one show. But then, when has Axl ever bent over backwards to put the fans' happiness ahead of his own?

15 hours ago, Billsfan said:

You're arguing that it isn't Axl's band and Duff and Slash have an equal say in who the band is over songs no one here is disagreeing over playing? K. Sorry bud, but you're wrong. They didn't choose the band, they're not choosing whether or not to write or record new music. That's Axl's call. They didn't vote on Frank, Frank would have been there whether you, me r anyone like it or not. Because its Axl's call. Otherwise, They 3 of them would have voted, majority votes win and I would bet, but not guarantee, that it would have been Matt Sorum.

I have defended Axl time and time again, especially over the Chinese years as CD is one of my favorite albums in general. But here, gotta call it as it is. This is Axl's call, Adler's involvement or lacktherof is on Axl

Facts:

Duff called Adler and told him he was out, not Axl.

Duff and Slash chose to do CD songs- no Axl involvement there. Slash brought Coma, DTJ, and a few solo spots. Duff resurrected TSI songs. 

Slash and Duff chose to work with this band, the plan was not to rebuild. As such, they did choose Frank Ferrer as the drummer, Richard Fortus as the rythym guitarist, and Melissa Reese as the synths. There would be no Slash and Duff if they didn't choose them.

These are facts against your perception. 

2 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Did Izzy able to do Bucket's swept at CD? That's the main question.

I wish Izzy wrote some songs for CD, at least we would not see some cringe worthy lyrics 

Can bucket write songs like Izzy? NO

Both of them are good at what they do. 

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

If you're sick of me and my posts then ignore me. I'm not your fucking dancing monkey whoring myself out for likes every chance I get. My point is, if you have an issue with someone then you should direct your outrage toward them instead of blowing things out of proportion and lumping in people like me who are mostly positive about things. People are allowed to have multiple views and feelings about things. I fucking need new music and would be stoked even if Steven and Izzy aren't a part of it despite that being the ideal situation, I saw this lineup and loved it, I am a great admirer of Axl and love CD but I will criticize him and whoever I want, and so on.

Even someone with harsher, more frequent complaints like maynard for example; his avatar is Tommy Wiseau laughing for fucks sake. How could you ever let someone with that as their avatar seriously affect you in a negative way? Have you even seen 'The Room'? :lol:

My main point about this whole situation is: everybody is so quick and willing to jump and call Axl the asshole for preventing them from seeing the AFD5 - but we only have one side of the story. From a very unreliable source throughout the years when it comes to telling the whole truth. And even if Axl did tell his side, how many would believe it? How do we know Slash & Duff weren't having problems with Adler, too? And if we ever got the full reunion, how long would that satisfy people?

People have every right to criticize Axl when he deserves it, and anyone in the band. I've done it myself, plenty. But the constant complaining can get tiring, and I'm not directing that at you or anyone else specifically, just in general. You're free to feel that Adler and Izzy were treated unfairly, everyone is, but I feel like we should at least have the full story from both sides - or at minimum, a truly reliable source - before lambasting Axl.

16 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

My main point about this whole situation is: everybody is so quick and willing to jump and call Axl the asshole for preventing them from seeing the AFD5 - but we only have one side of the story. From a very unreliable source throughout the years when it comes to telling the whole truth. And even if Axl did tell his side, how many would believe it? How do we know Slash & Duff weren't having problems with Adler, too? And if we ever got the full reunion, how long would that satisfy people?

People have every right to criticize Axl when he deserves it, and anyone in the band. I've done it myself, plenty. But the constant complaining can get tiring, and I'm not directing that at you or anyone else specifically, just in general. You're free to feel that Adler and Izzy were treated unfairly, everyone is, but I feel like we should at least have the full story from both sides - or at minimum, a truly reliable source - before lambasting Axl.

You are making contradictory statements. First you said that nobody would believe Axl's side of the story. And at the end you said you need to hear both sides from a reliable source. If Axl tells his side of the story with enough details, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Adler also talked with Eddie Trunk. He said he had a meeting with Slash and Duff to talk to him about the reunion. He said he even signed a contract with Duff. That doesn't sound to me Slash and Duff had issues with Adler. Otherwise they would've never met with him.

Adler said he has talked to Izzy and he is in touch with him. Adler also said he would ask Izzy to do and interview with Trunk. It seems it is possible Izzy could back up what Adler has said

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Anyways lots of good posts. Its kind of funny, because I think the forum has been the most positive it has been since I joined (2010 was relatively positive, too). That doesnt mean everything has to be peachy. I have gushed over the reunion. I am happy. Go look at my posting history. It was a dream come true and the shows I saw were amazing. Doesnt mean I have to agree with everything. I think Steven and Izzy were treated unfairly. Whats wrong with that?

Thats what I like about you man, you speak what is right, when the reunion happened, most of us were happy including me, you made great posts, I was happy that you and my other friends over here went to the shows and had a great time.

Before also when you made posts regarding Slash's solo band or Axl's solo band, you spoke the reality and made great posts 

I don't know why some on here take some things so seriously, like man after all its just a band who made great music and we enjoy that music. 

Its the 3 of them on stage now, I hope in the future the remaining 2 join them and finish what they started. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Padme said:

You are making contradictory statements. First you said that nobody would believe Axl's side of the story. And at the end you said you need to hear both sides from a reliable source. If Axl tells his side of the story with enough details, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Adler also talked with Eddie Trunk. He said he had a meeting with Slash and Duff to talk to him about the reunion. He said he even signed a contract with Duff. That doesn't sound to me Slash and Duff had issues with Adler. Otherwise they would've never met with him.

Adler said he has talked to Izzy and he is in touch with him. Adler also said he would ask Izzy to do and interview with Trunk. It seems it is possible Izzy could back up what Adler has said

If Axl did tell his I side, I fully believe a large percentage of people would think he is just bullshitting them. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to hear his side, or that literally everyone would think he's lying. And there are other reliable sources aside from Axl, at least, more reliable than Steven. Hell, there's also Duff or Slash.

And just because Slash and Duff didn't have problems with Steven initially, that doesn't mean that they couldn't have risen during his guest appearances. He also said when Duff called to tell him about the Troubadour show that he was "the worst fucking person on the planet". So...

Izzy could very well corroborate Adler's side of things, but until he does, it's still only Adler's word - which I just don't trust.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Facts:

Duff called Adler and told him he was out, not Axl.

Duff and Slash chose to do CD songs- no Axl involvement there. Slash brought Coma, DTJ, and a few solo spots. Duff resurrected TSI songs. 

Slash and Duff chose to work with this band, the plan was not to rebuild. As such, they did choose Frank Ferrer as the drummer, Richard Fortus as the rythym guitarist, and Melissa Reese as the synths. There would be no Slash and Duff if they didn't choose them.

These are facts against your perception. 

None of these are facts as far as you or I know.  They may all be facts or none of them may be facts or some of them facts.  But, at this point all you are doing is being a hypocrit.

this is a fact:

Steven said Duff called him and told him he was out.  That doesn't make it a fact.  It's a fact if that is what actually happened...do you know that's what happened? Were you there? Or are you taking Stevens word for it. The fact of this matter is that is what Steven said, that's it.

Apply this same criteria to the rest of your supposed "facts".

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

If Axl did tell his I side, I fully believe a large percentage of people would think he is just bullshitting them. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to hear his side, or that literally everyone would think he's lying. And there are other reliable sources aside from Axl, at least, more reliable than Steven. Hell, there's also Duff or Slash.

And just because Slash and Duff didn't have problems with Steven initially, that doesn't mean that they couldn't have risen during his guest appearances. He also said when Duff called to tell him about the Troubadour show that he was "the worst fucking person on the planet". So...

Izzy could very well corroborate Adler's side of things, but until he does, it's still only Adler's word - which I just don't trust.

Adler said that after he insulted Duff. He called him back to apologize. And Adler said he was asked to joined them in this current tour. He decided not to go because it was a very long trip for just one or two shows. Again I don't see the problem was with Slash and Duff

1 hour ago, Słash said:

Thats what I like about you man, you speak what is right, when the reunion happened, most of us were happy including me, you made great posts, I was happy that you and my other friends over here went to the shows and had a great time.

Before also when you made posts regarding Slash's solo band or Axl's solo band, you spoke the reality and made great posts 

I don't know why some on here take some things so seriously, like man after all its just a band who made great music and we enjoy that music. 

Its the 3 of them on stage now, I hope in the future the remaining 2 join them and finish what they started. 

Thanks man. Ive loved Slashs shows, Axls shows, the reunion, etc but Im not afraid to call a spade a spade when I see it. Doesnt mean Ill stop enjoying what I enjoy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

None of these are facts as far as you or I know.  They may all be facts or none of them may be facts or some of them facts.  But, at this point all you are doing is being a hypocrit.

this is a fact:

Steven said Duff called him and told him he was out.  That doesn't make it a fact.  It's a fact if that is what actually happened...do you know that's what happened? Were you there? Or are you taking Stevens word for it. The fact of this matter is that is what Steven said, that's it.

Apply this same criteria to the rest of your supposed "facts".

This is exactly right, its become a whole thing especially with the Steven and Izzy debacle now where we have so many people making such definite attacks either on the Steven or the Axl/Duff/Slash camp.  Truth is none of us know what happened, obviously there are a lot of disagreements however it is not our place to go on 0 evidence and decide who is in the right or what "should" be happening