The True Story Behind Locomotive

The outro in this song!  At beginning of outro that guitar note crying, along with Axls cooing, with the drums fading in!  Those 1-2 bars almost form their own eternal moment, there own plain of existence.  

Edited by soon
spelling

Songs fucking epic.

Duff and Matt lay down a mean rhythm section on this one, Duff's jangly little bass line at the end of Matts drum intro is a thing of beauty.

Slash is an absolute monster on this, the song really highlights his rhythm playing ( two different rhythm tracks )which doesn't really get spoken about. It's aggressive and precise but loses none of it's groove and oozes attitude. Then there's the solos littered throughout, like he's in a competition with himself as every one seems as though he's trying to outdo the last.

Axl may have complained about having to lay down vocals for it and i kinda don't blame him due to it's complexity, there's some tricky little time changes in there... but he really came through and it's some of his finest work as lyricist without a shadow of a doubt. Anger, confusion, love and hate all laid down with Axls incredible vocal range.

" If love is blind i guess i'll buy myself a cane "

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 4

On 2/17/2017 at 0:21 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

That acoustic cover of Locomotive is seriously awesome. As some commenter said, I listened to the original a ton of times, but now I hear it.

yeah it also makes the lyrics more easier to understand and fits great with the tone of the song. That dude has some great covers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidman69 said:

yeah it also makes the lyrics more easier to understand and fits great with the tone of the song. That dude has some great covers.

Thank you for introducing me to those covers! I spend way too much time yesterday listening through all the GnR ones and some of the other ones as well. Locomotive is the best, but there are other great ones as well.

Edited by sanity_lost