"[Angus] Young is working on a new AC/DC album with [Axl] Rose" says Australian website NOISE11

ludurigan

3 hours ago, Padme said:

Axl's priority should be GN'R not AC/DC. There should be no rush for Angus to make an album with Axl. AC/DC has a big catalogue. Their last labum is not 10 years old. He needs to get the rest of the band first. AC/DC fans don't know who will be in the band. Those fans might not even like some Nu AC/DC with Axl and bunch of whoevers. Although Angus is capable to come up with some kind of All Stars Band. Still we don't know how that may turn out.

A GN'R album shouldn't be complicated either. With Slash and Duff I don't see many layers and overdubs, not even if they rewrite/record CD II songs.If Axl is willing to write lyrics and sing in a new album, GN'R has to be his priority

A GnR album with who on it, though? 

Axl, Slash, Duff.. and?  Are they really going to do a GnR album with Fortus, Frank and Melissa on it? I sure hope not. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

A GnR album with who on it, though? 

Axl, Slash, Duff.. and?  Are they really going to do a GnR album with Fortus, Frank and Melissa on it? I sure hope not. 

No, I don't think so. I don't see another GN'R in future unless it is another live album from this tour

Just now, Padme said:

No, I don't think so. I don't see another GN'R in future unless it is another live album from this tour

If they would just involve Izzy in this whole thing, I would really believe in a new album. I just do not have much hope at all with this lineup, and I can't see it changing. :( 

At least with Angus things are not so complicated. 

It might be true.

Phil Rudd said recently that he spoke to "a couple of the guys". One of the guys was apparently Brian Johnson (as Rudd mentioned having talked with him in another part of the interview), the other was most likely Cliff Williams. If one reads between the lines of what Rudd said:

I’ve spoken to a couple of the guys. I can’t say what’s on the horizon for AC/DC, I can’t really say. That’s not my thing to say. I have seen, though, that Guns N’ Roses are playing over here in Wellington soon and they have a big tour all over the world. I wonder whether Angus will be happy to see Guns N’ Roses going out on a big tour which means that AC/DC can’t go out on tour. We will see. You’d need a crystal ball to know what’s going to happen there.”

it looks like he was told that Angus intends to record and go on tour again with Axl.

There was also another rumor (or speculation) some time ago that Axl and Angus would take advantage of the break between the Asian-Australian and the European GnR shows to work on an album. It seems too soon though; it would be very surprising if Angus has already found a bassist and written new material.

------

It would be a bummer if we get an AXL/DC album before (or, even worse, instead of) a GnR one, but on the other hand it would be better than nothing.

Edited by Blackstar

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

Even if this report was real this doesn't mean Axl won't try to make a Gn'R album. I think he will. It's just the process of doing that is very different to working on music that doesn't have the Gn'R name attached to it. It's a longer and more demanding process to record a Gn'R album.

It would be fuckin' stupid of Axl to not go do an album with Angus whenever he wants to do it. You make time if it means you'll get to make an album with your idol and it's a shorter process compared to doing a Guns album. (but not during an ongoing tour)

I'd really like to know the source. I know Angus said last year that there was going to be a new album coming out but at that time they were undecided on who the singer would be but this kinda makes sense, if it is true. Hopefully after that tour Axl will put out a new GnR album. It would be suicide not to IMO and then tour the new GnR music. The guys are still young compared to some of those still rocking out there. I just don't think the new GnR album will sound anything like what we are used to.

Looks like a case of the source taking information that isn't entirely unlikely and presenting it as fact. I expect that Angus won't want as big of a gap between albums as AC/DC used to, so I won't be surprised if we get a new album from AC/DC in late 2018 with a tour to follow in 2019. That's a decent enough chunk of downtime for the boys. Literally all Angus needs is a bass player contrary to the kinds of comments you see like "Angus doesn't even have a band right now" and that sort of thing. There's no reason to think Slade and Stevie are going anywhere, and it's 100% likely that Angus will stick with Axl as the singer.

2 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

Can we please also have a Live album as a bonus?

YOU KNOW YOU WANT THIS TOO.

No, I don't want any kind of live album. I just want a new GN'R album with new songs written by Axl, Slash and Duff, also Izzy if that would be possible. And the AFD 5 reunion. Chances are I will never have this. So to me GN'R is dead when this tour is over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Looks like a case of the source taking information that isn't entirely unlikely and presenting it as fact. I expect that Angus won't want as big of a gap between albums as AC/DC used to, so I won't be surprised if we get a new album from AC/DC in late 2018 with a tour to follow in 2019. That's a decent enough chunk of downtime for the boys. Literally all Angus needs is a bass player contrary to the kinds of comments you see like "Angus doesn't even have a band right now" and that sort of thing. There's no reason to think Slade and Stevie are going anywhere, and it's 100% likely that Angus will stick with Axl as the singer.

Correct. The current line up of AC/DC is Angus, Stevie, Chris and Axl. And I assume that most of the songs are already written. All they have to do is to spend a couple of weeks in Vancouver and record the album. I'm pretty sure that Brendan O'Brien will return as producer,  together with Mike Fraser as engineer and mixer.

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, Padme said:

No, I don't want any kind of live album. I just want a new GN'R album with new songs written by Axl, Slash and Duff, also Izzy if that would be possible. And the AFD 5 reunion. Chances are I will never have this. So to me GN'R is dead when this tour is over.

^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Its a shame if we dont get a live album from both Axl/DC and GNR. But i would be surprised if Axl is on a new AC/DC album... 

Why? It's no secret that he told Angus that he wants to do more.

Edited by Sosso

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

*pulling my hair* if we don't get a GN'R album before we get any kind of AXL/DC album i am going to lose it! this is a GN'R forum, the AXL/DC part is just for when Axl does it as a SIDE project IMO! 

GN'R! GN'R! GN'R! GN'R! GN'R!

So you would mind another Slash or Loaded album as well? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AslatIE said:

lol at the bitching about the fact that we might get an album featuring axl

Right? That's just a freakin' bonus if that's the case. It's not like GNR are planning on releasing loads of albums that will suddenly get canned in place of AxlDC.

Sort of like people would get mad at Axl singing on Angel Down back in 2007. "I can't believe Axl's singing on Bach's record, fuck you Axl, finish your own album first". Meanwhile Axl's vocals on AD was among the best he has ever recorded, most notable on "Stuck Inside".

I'm not even a ACDC fan but Axl's voice on some high tempo rockers? That's what I've wanted since Chinese Democracy.

• Like 4