"[Angus] Young is working on a new AC/DC album with [Axl] Rose" says Australian website NOISE11

ludurigan

3 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

Right? That's just a freakin' bonus if that's the case. It's not like GNR are planning on releasing loads of albums that will suddenly get canned in place of AxlDC.

Sort of like people would get mad at Axl singing on Angel Down back in 2007. "I can't believe Axl's singing on Bach's record, fuck you Axl, finish your own album first". Meanwhile Axl's vocals on AD was among the best he has ever recorded, most notable on "Stuck Inside".

I'm not even a ACDC fan but Axl's voice on some high tempo rockers? That's what I've wanted since Chinese Democracy.

i don't care IF there is an AXL/DC album sometime just not before a new GN'R album! :facepalm:

As a GNR fan asking other GNR fans. 

In a world where GNR don't put out any new music, would you not want to hear Axl voice on some other recording? For example GNR are not planning to release anything in the coming years. Would you rather not hear Axl's voice at all than on some new ACDC release?

When it comes to Axl's voice in a recorded format, would you rather have nothing over something?

17 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

In a world where GNR don't put out any new music, would you not want to hear Axl voice on some other recording? For example GNR are not planning to release anything in the coming years. Would you rather not hear Axl's voice at all than on some new ACDC release?

When it comes to Axl's voice in a recorded format, would you rather have nothing over something?

Axl first has to answered why he is done making GN'R albums. Then in the case of AC/DC. I'd like to know what AC/DC fans think about having Axl as a permanent replacement of Brian. I'm fan of a band, the band that made AFD, Lies and UYI. Of course I love Axl. But I'm not a fan of one person.

So if Axl decided to sing with Britney Spears, should I give him an standing ovation because he sings Oops I Did It Again with rasp? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

Axl first has to answered why he is done making GN'R albums. Then in the case of AC/DC. I'd like to know what AC/DC fans think about having Axl as a permanent replacement of Brian. I'm fan of a band, the band that made AFD, Lies and UYI. Of course I love Axl. But I'm not a fan of one person.

So if Axl decided to sing with Britney Spears, should I give him an standing ovation because he sings Oops I Did It Again with rasp? 

perfect! 

I'm a huge GNR fan and could give a damn about AC/DC or Axl singing w/ Angus and the releasing new stuff.  I would rather   the original GNR guys try to suck it up and record new music  w/one other, any day, over Axl and Angus recording only.    yeah, Even if it means 0 stuff from Axl ,0

Some people here like Axl only and want whatever he puts out w/ anybody, and I get their point.  However, I like this original group or band of guys and the stuff they created w/each other, not only what Axl. does I like their original sound and style, the GNR sound

BTW, I get they're older and have their individual projects and  I understand this; but I also want a GN'R record so badly as the people stated  above, and I wish GNR was Axl's priority,however this doesn't seem like what Axl wants

7 minutes ago, Padme said:

I agree w/you

Ok, let's say Axl answer for not making any more GNR records is because "he doesn't feel like it" or that it "does'nt inspire him" and he thinks what they've come up with isn't worthy of calling it GNR so he simply does not release it. 

I don't know why you as a GNR fan would need ACDCs fans thoughts on this, but let's be realistic. Some will hate it, some will not care for it, some will enjoy it and some will think it's the best ever. 

So you're not a fan of Axl's voice? Only a fan of his band from 87-91. Then your answer is "yes I would rather have nothing at all than something that's not GNR87-91."

I have no idea why anyone would bring Britney Spears and her 20 year old song into this discussion, are there any rumours that I've totally missed about that?

15 minutes ago, Padme said:

You're comparing Britney Spears with AC/DC?

Just now, AlexC said:

You're comparing Britney Spears with AC/DC?

I'm saying I won't follow nor support Axl into whatever adventure. And just be happy because he is singing with a lot of rasp. But there are those who don't care to whom Axl is performing. As long as Axl is out there it's great for them.

• Like 1

Just now, Padme said:

I'm saying I won't follow nor support Axl into whatever adventure. And just be happy because he is singing with a lot of rasp. But there are those who don't care to whom Axl is performing. As long as Axl is out there it's great for them.

How do you know? He's only ever sang with GN'R until now. Why would you think people will blindly support him no matter what? Could you not consider the fact that it's because he's in AC/DC and that most GN'R fans are probably AC/DC fans too?

I'm a GN'R fan, not a fan of whatever Axl wants to do. If tomorrow Axl decides to host a reality show I won't watch it. I don't care about that. He can do whatever he wants. I just don't care about what he does outside GN'R

Last year I saw him with AC/DC in London but it was a one off thing for me. I enjoyed the show but my all time favorite band is GN'R not AC/DC

18 minutes ago, melina i said:

I would rather   the original GNR guys try to suck it up and record new music  w/one other, any day, over Axl and Angus recording only.    yeah, Even if it means 0 stuff from Axl ,0

Oh, trust us. So would we, absolutely every single one of us. But there's no rumours about that, it's only realistic in the way that they are all alive, but nothing else seems to speak for it. Not a single person on this forum has ever wanted Angus/Axl over the AFD5, that's not what we are saying at all.

Is that what you guys think we're saying?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's stupid that some “fans“ doesn't allow Axl to play with other bands. Slash and Duff were in dozen of bands! 

Fans don't have the ability to allow or not allow Axl to do anything. All we can do is flail about and complain on the internet (or annoy people in our lives who could not care less about Guns N' Roses or Axl in particular is up to).

Personally I want Axl to do both. I think that would be amazing. Logically, I am not sure how doing both would work. That would be an incredible strain for someone to attempt to front two bands. The demand on the vocal chords alone would be rough, I would think. For that reason alone I can see why some fans are against AC/DC. Much less for someone who is not a fan of AC/DC's kind of music.

Edited by sanity_lost
typo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Padme said:

I'm a GN'R fan, not a fan of whatever Axl wants to do. If tomorrow Axl decides to host a reality show I won't watch it. I don't care about that. He can do whatever he wants. I just don't care about what he does outside GN'R

Last year I saw him with AC/DC in London but it was a one off thing for me. I enjoyed the show but my all time favorite band is GN'R not AC/DC

Well there we go, you've just admitted the reason you're not interested in the idea. You're not much of an AC/DC fan. So I doubt you'd be excited about a new album regardless of Axl's input or not. But you can't project that reasoning onto those who are excited about it and accuse them of following Axl unjustly. If you're a fan of GN'R and AC/DC then of course this is good news!

Edited by AlexC

Just now, AlexC said:

Well there we go, you've just admitted the reason you're not interested in the idea. You're not much of an AC/DC fan. So I doubt you'd be excited about a new album regardless of Axl's input or not. But you can't project that reasoning onto claiming that those who are excited about it and accuse them of following Axl unjustly. If you're a fan of GN'R and AC/DC then of course this is good news!

It is not about AC/DC ONLY!!!! As I said my favorite band is GN'R. If Axl joins The Rolling Stones I won't support that either. And I like the Rolling Stones a lot more than I like AC/DC

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:08 PM, Sosso said:

He is the singer from two of the greatest bands in the world. What r u doing?

I agree. Axl is an amazing singer and he seems to be able to adjust his voice for GNR and AC/DC. Wow, what a great opportunity for Axl and Angus to be making new music together.

I do hope that Axl gets the writing bug and does new music with GNR too. With Slash and Duff back, I think new music would be fantastic and magically like the old days of GNR.:lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Padme said:

It is not about AC/DC ONLY!!!! As I said my favorite band is GN'R. If Axl joins The Rolling Stones I won't support that either. And I like the Rolling Stones a lot more than I like AC/DC

Oh right okay, you didn't make that clear. Before you were saying that you wouldn't support him if he went to reality tv or Britney Spears (I assume neither of which you're a fan of). So it came across as an entirely different point.

I'm not a fan of AC/DC either. My interrest in them is only thanks to Axl. Axl's voice made those songs better IMO. ACDC plays mostly high tempo rockers and that suits Axl's voice greatly (Appetite for Destruction...) and I'd be very interrested in hearing the result. If it wasn't good enough I'd just not listen to that record. But I wouldn't get angry or start trolling AC/DC forums just because it wasn't what I wanted.  And I'd still try to catch a live show.

3 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Oh right okay, you didn't make that clear. Before you were saying that you wouldn't support him if he went to reality tv or Britney Spears (I assume neither of which you're a fan of). So it came across as an entirely different point.

What I meant to say is it doesn't matter to what Axl. He can whatever he wants. But I only care if he is doing something GN'R related. 

13 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

I can respect that but then there really is no reason for you to provoke people in this thread. 

I was not provoking I was just pointing out that Axl first should explain why can't make more album with GN'R.  And I don't get why people are so happy when unfortunately it is possible that we will never have another GN'R album again.

1 hour ago, CheapJon said:

If I like what Axl/DC puts out, I will listen to it regularly, just as I have listened to Slash working with various singers on his 1st album, and with Myles Kennedy on his 2nd and 3rd album, as well as his work in VR, Snakepit etc.

If I like it, I like it. I am not going to exclude myself from being able to enjoy anything that GNR members do outside of GNR just because I want a new GNR album. 

Seems very closeminded to simply ignore an album made with a different set of people just because I want a new album from a specific group of people (or to predispose myself to dislike it beforehand).

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 2

Whenever I hear anything about Axl and Angus, I feel a bit torn. It's great he feels good, but I'd rather he'd be focusing on GNR solely. I want him to be working and writing stuff with GNR, not with Angus. I'm not an AC/DC fan. I'm a GNR fan. Slash is my favourite guitarist, not Angus.

But on the other hand, I'm also an Axl fan. If I had to choose between no recorded Axl or Axl/DC album, I'd go for the latter. But a GNR album would make me so much happier. Something is always better than nothing, but I'd choose one GNR album over five Axl/DC albums.

• Like 3