"[Angus] Young is working on a new AC/DC album with [Axl] Rose" says Australian website NOISE11

ludurigan

If ac/dc was going to finish when Brian couldn't sing anymore, Angus would have announced it when the bass player left the band after the tour.  given no such announcement was made, IMO,  ac/dc will continue.   I believe that ac/dc generally like to tour a product,  ie, release new music before they tour as opposed to gnr, who tours without any new product.  So IMO, ac/dc will do a new album, and my money is on Axl singing given the success of recent tour. And someone said that the conspirators my reconvene in next 18 months, so this could be the time ac/dc drops new album.  If not, dreams are free lol

8 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

If ac/dc was going to finish when Brian couldn't sing anymore, Angus would have announced it when the bass player left the band after the tour.  given no such announcement was made, IMO,  ac/dc will continue.   I believe that ac/dc generally like to tour a product,  ie, release new music before they tour as opposed to gnr, who tours without any new product.  So IMO, ac/dc will do a new album, and my money is on Axl singing given the success of recent tour. And someone said that the conspirators my reconvene in next 18 months, so this could be the time ac/dc drops new album.  If not, dreams are free lol

This ! All points to on the last show that Angus was saying goodbye to Cliff, hence bringing him to the front. If acdc was going to end it would have been annnounced after the last show. Would have been the perfect time because everyone was just waiting to hear that news post show. Angus even did a thank you video to the fans and he made it clear it was thanks for coming to the ROB tour ! This or when Angus did the 'Angus talks about playing in acdc' would have been the time to say something. 

On 2/20/2017 at 4:51 AM, Rovim said:

But maybe it's going to take some time for Axl to start working on a Gn'R album and once they begin working on it, that will be a long enough of a process to allow for side projects to happen without it actually interfering with Gn'R work.

Axl can choose to take naps for a year after this tour is over while Slash is just itching to do something. I think it will be more stable if they treat a Guns album like the mother project and solo projects as shit to keep things delayed.

Angus is probably our best chance to get another album with Axl vocals without it taking 4 to 5 years is my guess. Beats a collaboration on Angel Down.

Seems like AXL/DC could lay down a record pretty fast.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

omg

SoloDallas commented on FB that Angus has already chosen the bass player but he can't say any names yet.

Duff is joining AC/DC? :lol:

Who is this SoloDallas? I've seen it on another AC/DC fb page they were talking about this. Seems he is some kind of real insider?

On 2/19/2017 at 5:05 PM, highvoltage said:

I haven't waded through the 4 pages and I'm sure many others are asking the same thing... where's the source?

I suspect the noise11 articles are simply going off the same shit we've already heard - the Brazilian journalist that tweeted in September or October. Beyond that, we have a statement from Angus that says "not sure" as of August. That's it, effectively.
I do expect this will probably happen, but I don't trust any of the "sources" we've had so far. 

I also think Angus has to consider his own mortality here too - he's starting to sound sloppy as he gets older and his fingers lack the authority they once had.
He's still "got it", but will we be saying the same thing in 2-3 years' time? If we see another album and tour, it could well be the last.

^^^^^ this

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

^^^^^ this

There's no doubt Angus's performances levels have slipped since he first started but he gets better the more he plays as the tour progress. He might struggle to play some of the songs he recorded in the 70's because his style has changed a little since then to adapt to growing older. 3 years for a album and tour then done. Perhaps this will be the last venture for Axl and Angus. Can't see Axl wanting to be on stage as an old man especially with his type of high intensity performance which imo he hasn't found a way to change his style to account for his age, arguably like Brian has done for the past 20 years 

3 minutes ago, Mark1989 said:

Can't see Axl wanting to be on stage as an old man especially with his type of high intensity performance which imo he hasn't found a way to change his style to account for his age, arguably like Brian has done for the past 20 years 

the thing with Axl is the minute you think he's going to go one way he goes the opposite.

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

Duff McKagan would be awful.

SoloDallas is the guy that made the schaffer replica, which is Angus guitar sound since the 70s.

SoloDallas-ACDC-Rock-or-Bust-Recording-A

I was just joking about Duff, but they said on the AC/DC forum that out all the suggestions given to SoloDallas the only one he "liked" was Duff :confused:

yes, he does whatever he wants. :question:  Did you hear now Duff could be the bassist and Axl the singer for AC/DC, I feel bummed out.  Thought and was wishing for this crazy  group to somehow tough it out, and another GNR record, however doesn't seem at all possible now, They aren't into it.

9 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

as always :facepalm:

yes, he does whatever he wants. :question:  Did you hear now Duff could be the bassist and Axl the singer for AC/DC, I feel bummed out.  Thought and was wishing for this crazy  group to somehow tough it out, and another GNR record, however doesn't seem at all possible now, They aren't into it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melina i said:

:facepalm: i give up!