"[Angus] Young is working on a new AC/DC album with [Axl] Rose" says Australian website NOISE11

ludurigan

With the talk about Axl and Angus doing an album (and tour) and Myles talking about the Conspirators and their future lately, it gives the impression that there is some truth behind this rumor.

The timeline would fit. GNR tour until end of 2017 and in 2018 Axl and Slash will do their seperate things. Axl with Angus, Slash with Myles and the Conspirators. And later (2019/2020) they will either rejoin as GNR or the band is history ...  but who knows ;)

• Like 1

Even if this report is nonsense (and by the way that writer seems to have an idiotic and obvious bias against Axl. His participation was only "controversial" with butt-hurt Brian fans and asshole music critics), you know damn well from his obvious glee being around Angus, that AC/DC is now his first priority and than an Axl on vocals AC/DC album will happen sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CynthiaLevin said:

Even if this report is nonsense (and by the way that writer seems to have an idiotic and obvious bias against Axl. His participation was only "controversial" with butt-hurt Brian fans and asshole music critics), you know damn well from his obvious glee being around Angus, that AC/DC is now his first priority and than an Axl on vocals AC/DC album will happen sooner rather than later. 

:facepalm: sad to see powerful Axl having to kow tow Grandpa Angus's command...j/s

21 hours ago, RooSaa said:

With the talk about Axl and Angus doing an album (and tour) and Myles talking about the Conspirators and their future lately, it gives the impression that there is some truth behind this rumor.

The timeline would fit. GNR tour until end of 2017 and in 2018 Axl and Slash will do their seperate things. Axl with Angus, Slash with Myles and the Conspirators. And later (2019/2020) they will either rejoin as GNR or the band is history ...  but who knows ;)

If Axl debuts on album as the official lead vocalist for AC/DC in 2018, expect AC/DC to tour at least through 2019 into 2020. 

I think Axl with Angus album wheter it's AC/DC (and I think it will be AC/DC) or not will kick ass. I've seen Axl with AC/DC and Angus looked so energized (at both shows I atteneded and I have seen AC/DC twice before with Brian) and motivated, he was on absolute fire you can see he loves what Axl brings. 

Also right know especially without Malcolm , Angus is AC/DC and I think he wants to go down in flames like Lemmy, so he will release album and tour as AC/DC as long as he can, and he won't give a shit about opinions that it isn't AC/DC without Brian + new album with Axl will sell and tour will be sold out as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eye2eye said:

I think Axl with Angus album wheter it's AC/DC (and I think it will be AC/DC) or not will kick ass. I've seen Axl with AC/DC and Angus looked so energized (at both shows I atteneded and I have seen AC/DC twice before with Brian) and motivated, he was on absolute fire you can see he loves what Axl brings. 

Also right know especially without Malcolm , Angus is AC/DC and I think he wants to go down in flames like Lemmy, so he will release album and tour as AC/DC as long as he can, and he won't give a shit about opinions that it isn't AC/DC without Brian + new album with Axl will sell and tour will be sold out as well. 

yup, and as SHITTY as it sounds, i've been a GnR fan since I can remember being a wee tot from my dad playing WTTJ, (im 22 now lmao) and i started playing guitar around 7 and got turned onto angus's style.... ACDC needs to record with axl !

and its just a dream come true that i think FUTURE generations to come will appreciate more than a 2017 GnR album... give the GnR album a bit of time THEN complain errybody! Axl will KILL it with ac/dc and the historical way of album writing for acca dacca is ANGUS/MALCOLM for lyrics then BRIAN changes a bit he doesnt like.... imagine that same process with AXL... damn he has incredible word choice imo and his melodies are VERY ac/dc oriented pentatonic ascending deals anyways

37 minutes ago, Cory Trevor said:

yup, and as SHITTY as it sounds, i've been a GnR fan since I can remember being a wee tot from my dad playing WTTJ, (im 22 now lmao) and i started playing guitar around 7 and got turned onto angus's style.... ACDC needs to record with axl !

and its just a dream come true that i think FUTURE generations to come will appreciate more than a 2017 GnR album... give the GnR album a bit of time THEN complain errybody! Axl will KILL it with ac/dc and the historical way of album writing for acca dacca is ANGUS/MALCOLM for lyrics then BRIAN changes a bit he doesnt like.... imagine that same process with AXL... damn he has incredible word choice imo and his melodies are VERY ac/dc oriented pentatonic ascending deals anyways

AXL will liKely do melodies and lyrics

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cory Trevor said:

I didn't hear AC/DC oriented melodies in Chinese Democracy. I dare to say not even in the UYI or Lies albums

On 2/24/2017 at 3:26 AM, RooSaa said:

This is probably perfect world best case scenario. We get AXL/DC, Slash and them, then get new GNR.

I feel like the chances are slim though. A lot of shit has to go right for all that to happen. But for now I'm being greedy and saying I want it all. I'd prob skip Slash and Myles but that's just personal taste type shit.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

angus has not announced retirement , ac/dc went on without malcom , ac/dc went on without brian ...  something is coming from angus n axl . 

I think it's likely they're gonna do an album together. I know Angus is strict, I think a hard working and inspired Axl can do great things with any musician that he shares musical chemistry with and it's Hard Rock so it's nothing new to Axl.

But to what extent will Angus trust Axl? I think he can capture what Bon Scott did vocally, but also lyrically if given enough artistic freedom. Playful yet dark and always cool.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

ut to what extent will Angus trust Axl? I think he can capture what Bon Scott did vocally, but also lyrically if given enough artistic freedom. Playful yet dark and always cool.

i am guessing buy trust , you are referring to collaborating , its hard to say , i mean are we talking stuff thats in the can so to say , i dont think axl would be to excited about that .

that is a good question i can see it going a few ways but of course its all speculation . 

26 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

i am guessing buy trust , you are referring to collaborating , its hard to say , i mean are we talking stuff thats in the can so to say , i dont think axl would be to excited about that .

that is a good question i can see it going a few ways but of course its all speculation . 

honestlu, after the novelty wears i think the clashing begin. JMO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

honestlu, after the novelty wears i think the clashing begin. JMO

Axl can't really clash with Angus, if he clashes he might get fired and I think he just wants to be a part of it. If it's only vocals that's better than nothing for Axl. So he will say "yes boss Angus" and just do what is asked of him. It's just the only smart way to handle it.

Interesting situation where Angus decides which Axl takes and ideas are used and it's a more organic approach with no layers. Basically Axl with not a ton of control.

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

Axl can't really clash with Angus, if he clashes he might get fired and I think he just wants to be a part of it. If it's only vocals that's better than nothing for Axl. So he will say "yes boss Angus" and just do what is asked of him. It's just the only smart way to handle it.

Interesting situation where Angus decides which Axl takes and ideas are used and it's a more organic approach with no layers. Basically Axl with not a ton of control.

I can see Angus having the songs ready to go and Axl just sort of jumping in and filling them out. Angus is too old to fuck around too long. I actually think Axl will stay in his lane and roll with it. He knows it's AC/DC. I think the guy genuinely feels blessed just to be a part of it.

• Like 1

Guns N' Roses is and always has been the personal statement of W. Axl Rose.

Meaning, Axl considers GN'R songs to be intimate reflections of his psyche and ruminations on his place in the world. This is why Guns songs took forever on his part and why we may never hear another original song from him until he goes to the grave. His ambivalence about what to say and how to say it, takes such considerable time that the effort is soul draining.

This should not be the case for AC/DC. AC/DC is a no-frills rock band without the grandeur and indulgence of Axl's psyche. He should easily be able to get songs to the finish line because the criteria for writing the songs is so much less demanding and they don't have to reflect some poetic social commentary. 

Just rock N roll. Imagine that. I bet Slash will find Axl's ease in doing an AC/DC album frustrating. If only he could adopt the same perspective towards Guns N' Roses.

• Like 1

Angus (and Malcolm) has handled the lyrics on every album since 1990 - I don't see that suddenly changing. That's not to say he won't mix things up and work with Axl on some of the writing but the majority of the songs will be written lyrically before Axl even steps into the studio.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rovim said:

i cannot see that happening.