"[Angus] Young is working on a new AC/DC album with [Axl] Rose" says Australian website NOISE11

ludurigan

13 minutes ago, Asia said:

Oh boy... If this is true, it is probably the biggest letdown this band has ever offered to their fans. If he goes on recording the album with AC/DC after this tour instead of working on Guns new music and then tours with it for another two years - well, then there is basically no hope for Guns. Who cares what he can possibly bring to the table with Guns in 2022? Nobody even knows if he still has any voice left at that time or if Slash and Duff are even available or interested after 5 years or even if everyone is alive... Gee, the guy will be 60 then...

They are all men of some age and it is not so that they can wait forever with another move, especially Axl. And this fucking band that has released one fucking shitty album in the last almost thirty years needs that record, even if just to put a closure to it all. But if they don't do it still on the aftermath of the success and excitement of this tour, I honestly don't think it will ever be done. Damn the fucking Angus Young. I guess he definitely ruined our only chance to hear new, original music from Guns N'Roses. If he didn't pop up with that offer for Axl, they would most likely at least give it a try. But instead we'll get AC/DC, the band that spat out tons of shitty music already.

I'd give a lot to hear at least this one more time what Axl and Slash can do together creatively after all those years of waiting and hoping. Instead I will get an Angus Young shit. Fuck! Hell, I knew the day it was made public that Axl will tour with them that this will rouin everything for Guns and it will. This is some ironic shit. :(

I think the Axl/DC collab is neat and liked the show I saw. That being said, I kind of agree. If he decides to do ACDC full time and doesnt focus on GNR itd be an utter disappointment. I know an ACDC album would pretty much be written and recorded by Angus, amd Axl would just sing over it, but that isnt the point. Hes done one studio album in 2 decades and GNR just got back together. That should 100% be his focus.

So yeah, Id listen to the ACDC album but would still be let down. Ideally, we would get both eventually but Guns should come first. Besides, ACDC wouldnt be the real thing. Its a novelty with Axl but now in the same vein as NuGNR was. Why should that come before a new Guns album with both Axl amd Slash? 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think the Axl/DC collab is neat and liked the show I saw. That being said, I kind of agree. If he decides to do ACDC full time and doesnt focus on GNR itd be an utter disappointment. I know an ACDC album would pretty much be written and recorded by Angus, amd Axl would just sing over it, but that isnt the point. Hes done one studio album in 2 decades and GNR just got back together. That should 100% be his focus.

So yeah, Id listen to the ACDC album but would still be let down. Ideally, we would get both eventually but Guns should come first. Besides, ACDC wouldnt be the real thing. Its a novelty with Axl but now in the same vein as NuGNR was. Why should that come before a new Guns album with both Axl amd Slash? 

I think Angus wants Axl to write the lyrics and melodies. AC/DC has a ton of albums but you look at the quality and it's just not there since BiB. Axl likely wouldn't put his name on an album he's not proud of and he's not going to put his name on something he didn't work on. 

I think Axl joked in his first interview with AC/DC that the interviewer should write an album so he could submit it to Angus. 

I could be wrong but I believe AC/DC fans will be interested in this change, Angus is interested in a change, and Axl being the fan that he is wants to pen an album with Angus that regains that Highway to Hell feel and sound. 

Am I more interested in an AC/DC album than a GNR one? Absolutely not however I can say my interest in an Axl and Angus combination is quite high. I know they have good chemistry, they want to work together and it could be special.

Axl and Slash I'm still confused on. We are really in the dark when it comes to their current relationship and we can only hope the chemistry is there and it's not a relationship they are forcing for the "kids". I think the situation is still sensitive and they have just learned how to live with each other. 

Who knows, I guess all the vibes are pointing towards Axl/DC being the first ones out of the gate album wise. 

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

so when does the forum become AXL/DC? like i said i don't mind side projects but puh-leeze :facepalm:

Whoever releases an album first should become the main discussion haha 

• Like 1

Before last year we were thinking Axl and Slash would never share the stage again, and all us fans would never get to see them play together. Now we're demanding they do this and do that? Shit, I'm just happy I finally got the chance to see Axl Rose and Slash on stage together performing some of my all time favorite songs. I ain't trying to tell no man what he can and can't do.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Before last year we were thinking Axl and Slash would never share the stage again, and all us fans would never get to see them play together. Now we're demanding they do this and do that? Shit, I'm just happy I finally got the chance to see Axl Rose and Slash on stage together performing some of my all time favorite songs. I ain't trying to tell no man what he can and can't do.

but what about the people who didn't that chance? i want both but i am afraid one or the other will collapse!

On 2/20/2017 at 5:15 AM, J Dog said:

If we don't get GNR album I'm all for AXL/DC. I have no idea how true this is and didn't read every post so I don't know.

Maybe with GNR it really is a one off, hey we made amends, let's go on one last tour together and make a pile of money, it'll be fun, type of thing. Or, they might still hit the studio right after the tour. Or they might've decided, let's all do our little side project thing one last time, give that shit some closure, and come back as Guns and ride off into the sunset. I have no idea at this point.

All I know is I'll be disappointed if we don't get new Guns. But if we don't get that, we have to get AXL/DC. 

that was really good @J Dog! very well written post :)

Just now, J Dog said:

I'm just saying. These guys went, what, damn near 20 years without talking, hating each other, talking trash about each other, wouldn't perform together again in this lifetime. Now they make amends, which honestly is good enough for me, but now after all the hate and turmoil and grief it's like, now give us an album right now you assholes! Nah, that ain't really how I look at the situation. I'm just glad they buried the hatchet before they died with hate in their heart.

that's true :) i just hope Axl can pull off both. that would be the best scenario IMO :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

At this point I'm more interested in Axl/DC anyway. I was really thinking about getting a ticket to the GNR show in Edmonton but I no longer think it's worth it, I'm going to 2 other GNR shows so I'm gonna hold out until AC/DC tours again so I can see Axl when he gives a fuck.

can i have your GN'R tickets? LOL j/k

38 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I'm just saying. These guys went, what, damn near 20 years without talking, hating each other, talking trash about each other, wouldn't perform together again in this lifetime. Now they make amends, which honestly is good enough for me, but now after all the hate and turmoil and grief it's like, now give us an album right now you assholes! Nah, that ain't really how I look at the situation. I'm just glad they buried the hatchet before they died with hate in their heart.

On the one hand, I see the reunion for what it is - a cash-grab greatest hits tour. And that's fine, I enjoyed the shows I went to a lot. But on the other hand, it's frustrating that they don't even hint at new material when we know Axl has a bunch of leftover songs and the rest of the band has been jamming for like a year now...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

On the one hand, I see the reunion for what it is - a cash-grab greatest hits tour. And that's fine, I enjoyed the shows I went to a lot. But on the other hand, it's frustrating that they don't even hint at new material when we know Axl has a bunch of leftover songs and the rest of the band has been jamming for like a year now...

I'd say that Axl did hint at new material when he said he had shown Slash and Duff the CD leftovers...I mean if he wasn't interested in new music would he have even bothered? It doesn't make me optimistic in the slightest but they have atleast had a talk about what's on the table. 

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Yeah, cause aaking for one album in 25 years is asking very much, come on..,

Before last year a Guns album with Axl and Slash was completely unimaginable, never gonna happen, not even a consideration. Now we want it and want it now. I want a new Guns album too but sometimes you have to take what's given to you and be happy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'd say that Axl did hint at new material when he said he had shown Slash and Duff the CD leftovers...I mean if he wasn't interested in new music would he have even bothered? It doesn't make me optimistic in the slightest but they have atleast had a talk about what's on the table. 

Thats one reason I think they will do something eventually. Maybe they just want to put their other stuff to rest first, like AXL/DC and the stuff with Myles. Then they can go 100% with Guns.

I don't see Axl just playing his stuff for anyone, especially someone like Slash. So in my eyes that's a very good sign.

• Like 1

Just now, J Dog said:

Thats one reason I think they will do something eventually. Maybe they just want to put their other stuff to rest first, like AXL/DC and the stuff with Myles. Then they can go 100% with Guns.

I don't see Axl just playing his stuff for anyone, especially someone like Slash. So in my eyes that's a very good sign.

I'd be fine with that plan 10 years ago but these guys are getting old, what Slash and Duff did to their bodies 30 years ago is going to catch up to them, Axl is trying to protect the most sensitive instrument in the band, so in their mid 50's now I'm just not sure that time is on their side. It's starting to feel like now or never...and I get that it's less than a year into the reunion but again there's only so much time left. 

I hope they can be productive in their side work along with GNR. I think writing good material comes in waves and if they hit a good wave of creativity they can do a lot but if they get stuck and try to force it then I worry about the quality they will be able to achieve across all projects 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'd be fine with that plan 10 years ago but these guys are getting old, what Slash and Duff did to their bodies 30 years ago is going to catch up to them, Axl is trying to protect the most sensitive instrument in the band, so in their mid 50's now I'm just not sure that time is on their side. It's starting to feel like now or never...and I get that it's less than a year into the reunion but again there's only so much time left. 

I hope they can be productive in their side work along with GNR. I think writing good material comes in waves and if they hit a good wave of creativity they can do a lot but if they get stuck and try to force it then I worry about the quality they will be able to achieve across all projects 

Well said

47 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Well said

that's what worries me. i watch a Beatles video and think well they'll never have a real reunion. same with Zep. i mean hell it won't happen for AC/DC, same with countless other bands. and i don't care if it's a cash grab....get the AFD5 together, maybe bring Angus on for a few shows, make music and voila! problem solved. JMO *shrugs*

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that's what worries me. i watch a Beatles video and think well they'll never have a real reunion. same with Zep. i mean hell it won't happen for AC/DC, same with countless other bands. and i don't care if it's a cash grab....get the AFD5 together, maybe bring Angus on for a few shows, make music and voila! problem solved. JMO *shrugs*

TBH we got the reunion. Not In This Lifetime was the reunion. It wasn't the full band, but that is what history will remember as "GNR reuniting". Take that as you will. I don't care if it is a cash grab either. I'd prefer if it was more authentic, but I loved my GNR experiences last year. Of course I would have preferred AfD5, but close enough. I forgot, did you see GNR last year/this year?

Bands like AC/DC will be remembered as just ending when they were old. Zeppelin did reunite, but only for one show (and a few other bad ones in the 80s). I am salty about that, I would KILL to see Zep :lol:

The Beatles are the only massive, massive band I can think of (maybe The Smiths, too) that never reunited in any way. Even in the 90s, George, Paul, and Ringo didn't do any performances or anything for the Anthology. This is really it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

TBH we got the reunion. Not In This Lifetime was the reunion. It wasn't the full band, but that is what history will remember as "GNR reuniting". Take that as you will. I don't care if it is a cash grab either. I'd prefer if it was more authentic, but I loved my GNR experiences last year. Of course I would have preferred AfD5, but close enough. I forgot, did you see GNR last year/this year?

Bands like AC/DC will be remembered as just ending when they were old. Zeppelin did reunite, but only for one show (and a few other bad ones in the 80s). I am salty about that, I would KILL to see Zep :lol:

The Beatles are the only massive, massive band I can think of (maybe The Smiths, too) that never reunited in any way. Even in the 90s, George, Paul, and Ringo didn't do any performances or anything for the Anthology. This is really it!

yeah saw them in Vegas 4-8-16 like one of the BEST nights of my life! but if i recall Zep had the one show after Bonham died, his son took his place on drums. and not to be rude but AC/DC has only Angus left! so they have to get a new band to back Angus and Axl when GN'R still has all the members alive! idk this is a cluster f*ck...

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yeah saw them in Vegas 4-8-16 like one of the BEST nights of my life! but if i recall Zep had the one show after Bonham died, his son took his place on drums. and not to be rude but AC/DC has only Angus left! so they have to get a new band to back Angus and Axl when GN'R still has all the members alive! idk this is a cluster f*ck...

I was at that show, too. It was amazing. Best trip ever =)

Yeah, the Zep show was with Jason on drums and I agree about ACDC at this point.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Duff tried to get Izzy in, he had Steven in. The reunion was headed for a AFD5 but something flipped, Axl did something. We know Steven was rehearsing with the band prior to their first show. We know Duff was recording music with Izzy months before the reunion, and we know Duff was the mastermind behind this whole thing. 

I think Izzy wants equal pay, but Axl was going to stagger the pay. It was cheaper to pay for Frank, Melissa, Dizzy, Richard than bring Izzy and Steven in. Axl said screw it I have a loyal band let's split our pay three ways and we will pay them the scraps. 

Izzy was likely offered something prior to this, and with Izzy being Izzy he was probably offended to the point that he stopped talking to Axl or Axl did something really dumb like have Fernando negotiate with Izzy instead of calling him himself. 

Point is I don't think the current GNR reunion was as simple as Axl's band + Duff and Slash...I think there was a lot of depth to this thing and one day it will sort itself out for atleast a show or two 

Second point is I agree with everyone, the AFD5 reunion is rare in music today in that most bands can't fully reunite Bc of death. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Duff tried to get Izzy in, he had Steven in. The reunion was headed for a AFD5 but something flipped, Axl did something. We know Steven was rehearsing with the band prior to their first show. We know Duff was recording music with Izzy months before the reunion, and we know Duff was the mastermind behind this whole thing. 

I think Izzy wants equal pay, but Axl was going to stagger the pay. It was cheaper to pay for Frank, Melissa, Dizzy, Richard than bring Izzy and Steven in. Axl said screw it I have a loyal band let's split our pay three ways and we will pay them the scraps. 

Izzy was likely offered something prior to this, and with Izzy being Izzy he was probably offended to the point that he stopped talking to Axl or Axl did something really dumb like have Fernando negotiate with Izzy instead of calling him himself. 

Point is I don't think the current GNR reunion was as simple as Axl's band + Duff and Slash...I think there was a lot of depth to this thing and one day it will sort itself out for atleast a show or two 

Second point is I agree with everyone, the AFD5 reunion is rare in music today in that most bands can't fully reunite Bc of death. 

Agree

Axl absolutely killed it with AC/DC, better than the GNR shows I have seen. The energy and the crowd is just electrifying at those shows. There's no new GNR album coming, but some new Axl/Angus colab could be just what the doctor ordered. Take it for what it is.

• Like 1