"[Angus] Young is working on a new AC/DC album with [Axl] Rose" says Australian website NOISE11

ludurigan

6 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Axl absolutely killed it with AC/DC, better than the GNR shows I have seen. The energy and the crowd is just electrifying at those shows. There's no new GNR album coming, but some new Axl/Angus colab could be just what the doctor ordered. Take it for what it is.

I watch videos all the time and the crowd just seems stunned by some of the notes Axl was reaching. He wasn't even moving around much but those vocals were ridiculous at times 

Guns N'Roses was one of the best bands in the world that released two albums, to be honest plus one solo effort by Axl that wasn't of the best quality. I don't mind the absence of Izzy and Steven, I can easily forgive the stale setlist, shitty drummer and Axl's deteriorated voice as long as the band is functioning and ready to release more music. But if Axl chooses to make another AC/DC rock n'roll cliche record with Angus Young instead, well... then he's a fucking idiot.

GN'R is his legacy and GN'R is his life achievement. He fucked it up entirely. Now he got one last chance to save it and end it with some class and style but if he chooses to fuck it up again and kiss Angus ass instead, fuck him. This reunion tour makes sense only as long as it leads to new music because this band needs new music to be considered anything more than a joke. And no Axl hasn't got all the time in the world, he's 55, he barely has any voice left - it's now or never. He can save the GN'R legend and make it go into history as a real band or he can leave it there for it to be remembered as a great fucking failure. It is his choice to make. He's got the chance - Slash is there, Duff is there, they're both ready, they gave up all other things to make it happen. I'm sure that having released so much music on their own over the years they're more willing than ever to compromise and allow him more of his vision. It is a great opportunity. All that is needed is one last effort on the part of Axl. If instead he chooses Angus because Angus is so famous, such an idol and crawls up his ass all the time, then he's a total idiot who keeps on destroying the best thing he ever made over and over again.

ACDC has got enough music and enough albums and a good enough legacy, they don't need to save their honor. It is GNR and Axl as an artist and not as Angus's employee who need that. So it's all in his hands. He can save the band whose name he heas trnished over the years or turn into some poor joke again. As for his collaboration with ACDC - I'd rather take his album with DJ Ashba anytime. I'm far more interested even in Axl's solo artistic vision then in another ACDC shit.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Asia said:

Guns N'Roses was one of the best bands in the world that released two albums, to be honest plus one solo effort by Axl that wasn't of the best quality. I don't mind the absence of Izzy and Steven, I can easily forgive the stale setlist, shitty drummer and Axl's deteriorated voice as long as the band is functioning and ready to release more music. But if Axl chooses to make another AC/DC rock n'roll cliche record with Angus Young instead, well... then he's a fucking idiot.

GN'R is his legacy and GN'R is his life achievement. He fucked it up entirely. Now he got one last chance to save it and end it with some class and style but if he chooses to fuck it up again and kiss Angus ass instead, fuck him. This reunion tour makes sense only as long as it leads to new music because this band needs new music to be considered anything more than a joke. And no Axl hasn't got all the time in the world, he's 55, he barely has any voice left - it's now or never. He can save the GN'R legend and make it go into history as a real band or he can leave it there for it to be remembered as a great fucking failure. It is his choice to make. He's got the chance - Slash is there, Duff is there, they're both ready, they gave up all other things to make it happen. I'm sure that having released so much music on their own over the years they're more willing than ever to compromise and allow him more of his vision. It is a great opportunity. All that is needed is one last effort on the part of Axl. If instead he chooses Angus because Angus is so famous, such an idol and crawls up his ass all the time, then he's a total idiot who keeps on destroying the best thing he ever made over and over again.

ACDC has got enough music and enough albums and a good enough legacy, they don't need to save their honor. It is GNR and Axl as an artist and not as Angus's employee who need that. So it's all in his hands. He can save the band whose name he heas trnished over the years or turn into some poor joke again. As for his collaboration with ACDC - I'd rather take his album with DJ Ashba anytime. I'm far more interested even in Axl's solo artistic vision then in another ACDC shit.

Then prepare for disappointment, as a GNR fan you should be used to it by now. Not much has changed other than getting to see 3/5 of the original band on stage together.

Axl is just so enamored with Angus and adding to the AC/DC legacy that it might be enough to get him in the studio.

Trust me, with Axl's voice and a bit of creative input this could be a solid album. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Axl absolutely killed it with AC/DC, better than the GNR shows I have seen. The energy and the crowd is just electrifying at those shows. There's no new GNR album coming, but some new Axl/Angus colab could be just what the doctor ordered. Take it for what it is.

i don't know, i keep flip flopping. as i said i hope Axl can handle both because he does rock it with AC/DC but the crowd and energy at the GN'R was just amazing. i want both! but like i said AC/DC isn't even close to what it was which could and be good or bad. Axl and GN'R are magic to me. and wit GN'R there is a chance of a true reunion with all the AFD5. with Axl and Angus who knows? damn it i want both:headbang:

Well, Axl juggled both bands last year so who knows? The shorter tour schedule for AC/DC was in consideration to Brian but I think even Angus seemed revived with the shorter legs. Even though Slade turns 71 this year I'm pretty sure physically and mentally he's still like 40. :lol:

If they stick to that tour format then there's no reason it can't work out as it did in 2016. It'd be a bit more hectic since Axl would be involved from the start but only marginally so. The album is the least of concern - AC/DC never takes more than three months from start to finish. Usually it's a month of Angus sorting the riffs and writing lyrics, and then a couple weeks of jamming and tracking followed by a month of mixing. Axl wouldn't even need to be around for most of that. I recall only Angus being around for the final stages of Rock or Bust to do some overdubs and oversee the final product.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

Well, Axl juggled both bands last year so who knows? The shorter tour schedule for AC/DC was in consideration to Brian but I think even Angus seemed revived with the shorter legs. Even though Slade turns 71 this year I'm pretty sure physically and mentally he's still like 40. :lol:

If they stick to that tour format then there's no reason it can't work out as it did in 2016. It'd be a bit more hectic since Axl would be involved from the start but only marginally so. The album is the least of concern - AC/DC never takes more than three months from start to finish. Usually it's a month of Angus sorting the riffs and writing lyrics, and then a couple weeks of jamming and tracking followed by a month of mixing. Axl wouldn't even need to be around for most of that. I recall only Angus being around for the final stages of Rock or Bust to do some overdubs and oversee the final product.

If Axl is allowed to do it his way then he will write lyrics and melody first then the instrumentals will be filled in. 

Remember Axl said he hates writing lyrics to guitar written first songs. But for some reason he wasn't able to do lyrics and melody first on CD because he wanted the lyrics to rise to the instrumentals. 

Axl could complete his album work for AC/DC this year with his down time on tour. He would just have to submit versions to Angus then come in later and do studio vocals to the finished tracks. 

I get the feeling Axl is up to something. He's usually one to be out partying all night when on tour. Sightings of him have been rare thus far. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James Bond said:

i can live with that :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

If Axl is allowed to do it his way then he will write lyrics and melody first then the instrumentals will be filled in. 

Remember Axl said he hates writing lyrics to guitar written first songs. But for some reason he wasn't able to do lyrics and melody first on CD because he wanted the lyrics to rise to the instrumentals. 

Axl could complete his album work for AC/DC this year with his down time on tour. He would just have to submit versions to Angus then come in later and do studio vocals to the finished tracks. 

I get the feeling Axl is up to something. He's usually one to be out partying all night when on tour. Sightings of him have been rare thus far. 

I just don't see Angus abandoning his tried and true method of 40+ years. I'd go as far to say he'll possibly let Axl do his own lyrics, but I don't think he's going to wait around for Axl to do all the lyric writing first and then start sorting out the riffs. He'll have the songs in mind already with maybe tweaks to the arrangement depending on what Axl brings in.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I just don't see Angus abandoning his tried and true method of 40+ years. I'd go as far to say he'll possibly let Axl do his own lyrics, but I don't think he's going to wait around for Axl to do all the lyric writing first and then start sorting out the riffs. He'll have the songs in mind already with maybe tweaks to the arrangement depending on what Axl brings in.

I was wondering if he would let Axl do the lyrics. Either way, if that's how Angus works he ain't changing and I'm sure Axl is well aware. Sounds like he could have a record ready by the time NITL is over, and then Axl just lay down the vocals.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I was wondering if he would let Axl do the lyrics. Either way, if that's how Angus works he ain't changing and I'm sure Axl is well aware. Sounds like he could have a record ready by the time NITL is over, and then Axl just lay down the vocals.

Pretty much. I doubt Angus is in the studio yet but he's probably going through the riffs. My guess is that 2018 is likely - four years after Rock or Bust and less of a gap than usual.

• Like 2

I was listening to Hair Nation today on Sirius (today they featured Axl as a legendary artist or something)... Anyway, the DJ Luc Carl (I think is his name) made the statement that "Axl is on tour with Guns right now, and also working on an AC/DC album with Angus". Now, he didn't note where he heard that, and it's probably from reading the same shit we do, but it sounds like this rumor is getting some legs in the rock world... He stated it like it was a fact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I was listening to Hair Nation today on Sirius (today they featured Axl as a legendary artist or something)... Anyway, the DJ Luc Carl (I think is his name) made the statement that "Axl is on tour with Guns right now, and also working on an AC/DC album with Angus". Now, he didn't note where he heard that, and it's probably from reading the same shit we do, but it sounds like this rumor is getting some legs in the rock world... He stated it like it was a fact.

The local rock radio stations in Atlanta have both mentioned it and posted on their Facebook pages. Everyone seems to be getting info from that same article and running with it.  Don't get me wrong, I want GNR to stay around for a long time, but I would live to see an Axl AC DC album too. I was kind burnt out on AC DC until the tour with Axl last year and I actually love his vocals with them better than Brian's. :headbang:

4 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

The local rock radio stations in Atlanta have both mentioned it and posted on their Facebook pages. Everyone seems to be getting info from that same article and running with it.  Don't get me wrong, I want GNR to stay around for a long time, but I would live to see an Axl AC DC album too. I was kind burnt out on AC DC until the tour with Axl last year and I actually love his vocals with them better than Brian's. :headbang:

oh Axl's vocals are a million times better than Brian's IMO! i have nothing against him, i am sure he is a nice person but i have never liked his voice <_<

• Like 2

Really think this will happen. Not expecting us to hear new GN'R material for a long time if at all, so if Axl wants to get in the studio with Angus then that's fine by me. Don't care whether it's GN'R or AC/DC, just want to hear him on something new. Also think he will BRING IT for Angus.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2017 at 5:32 AM, James Bond said:

I remember being afraid to hear Axl on the Brian stuff based on 2011-2014 with Guns. I figured he'd be fine on the Bon stuff. Turns out it was quite the opposite - he absolutely nailed stuff like Hells Bells and Shoot To Thrill. If anything, good ol' "Mickey" showed his face more during TNT and Dirty Deeds and stuff like that.

Like Brian or hate him, the Back In Black album features some ungodly high, full bodied wails. I'm truly amazed at Axl's abilities on that stuff.

i have kinda avoided the Brian songs because i don't like his voice. maybe i should give them another chance with Axl on vocals :)

9 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have kinda avoided the Brian songs because i don't like his voice. maybe i should give them another chance with Axl on vocals :)

If you missed out on Brian (and want to give his voice another shot), obviously the Back In Black album is the natural starting point but I also strongly recommend the Flick of the Switch album. It was a return to the more raw production of the earlier Bon stuff after the more refined production of the three Mutt Lange produced albums.

• Like 1