"[Angus] Young is working on a new AC/DC album with [Axl] Rose" says Australian website NOISE11

ludurigan

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

If you missed out on Brian (and want to give his voice another shot), obviously the Back In Black album is the natural starting point but I also strongly recommend the Flick of the Switch album. It was a return to the more raw production of the earlier Bon stuff after the more refined production of the three Mutt Lange produced albums.

16 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Really think this will happen. Not expecting us to hear new GN'R material for a long time if at all, so if Axl wants to get in the studio with Angus then that's fine by me. Don't care whether it's GN'R or AC/DC, just want to hear him on something new. Also think he will BRING IT for Angus.

I agree. I think it will be awesome :lol:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, James Bond said:

If you missed out on Brian (and want to give his voice another shot), obviously the Back In Black album is the natural starting point but I also strongly recommend the Flick of the Switch album. It was a return to the more raw production of the earlier Bon stuff after the more refined production of the three Mutt Lange produced albums.

Razor's Edge and Black Ice are really good as well, at least in my book :)

Edited by Thorbear
Had a moment of confusion and thought the Razor's edge album was named Thunderstruck :P
  • Like 1

Judging by the songs that Axl has brought back into the live set; RnRD, IYWB, TTM, LW, RR and PC. I imagine if he was to write with Angus he would go for the early, tongue in cheek style of AC/DC. Kind of like a more fun, less serious Appetite style lyrically.

I doubt Angus would accept any of Axl's brutally aggressive profanity filled writing haha.

...It it wrong that I want this more than another Gn'R album?

Recently, I've been feeling a little "meh" about Gn'R. There is too much drama surrounding it and I think I hold their past catalog in too high of a regard that anything new will leaving me feeling disappointed.

A collaboration between Axl and Angus feels like new uncharted territory. I caught a glimpse of it last summer and it's left me wanting for more...

• Like 1

If the album is to be expected in 2018 (as is my prediction), then don't expect there to be any recording going on until January. Doesn't mean Angus won't be sorting riffs or lyrics in the meantime, but typically they start recording in January for release later in the year. The most we can probably expect for 2017 is the release of the Rock Or Bust Tour Blu-ray (which was filmed with Brian anyways).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, James Bond said:

If the album is to be expected in 2018 (as is my prediction), then don't expect there to be any recording going on until January. Doesn't mean Angus won't be sorting riffs or lyrics in the meantime, but typically they start recording in January for release later in the year. The most we can probably expect for 2017 is the release of the Rock Or Bust Tour Blu-ray (which was filmed with Brian anyways).

I think an Axl/DC studio release should be accompanied with a live abum of various Axl/dc performances like they did with their 'Live' album... would show off the new lineup and acclimate the older dacca fans to axl's voice a bit more proper with a physical sort of release of classic tracks, and could cull the very best VOX from the whole stretch of shows they did with him.

Just now, Cory Trevor said:

I think an Axl/DC studio release should be accompanied with a live abum of various Axl/dc performances like they did with their 'Live' album... would show off the new lineup and acclimate the older dacca fans to axl's voice a bit more proper with a physical sort of release of classic tracks, and could cull the very best VOX from the whole stretch of shows they did with him.

My personal guess is that the Rock or Bust Tour Blu-ray will be the full Brian show as planned with some "extras" that have a few various Axl performances, likely narrowed down to the songs that were performed only with Axl and not with Brian so as to not take anything away from the main feature.

I like your idea for when the album itself comes along - toss on a few live bonus tracks showing what Axl can really do.