"[Angus] Young is working on a new AC/DC album with [Axl] Rose" says Australian website NOISE11

ludurigan

7 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

They were talking about this again yesterday on Atlanta's 97.1 FM radio station, but this time they said it is an unconfirmed rumor. :blink:

Well I mean it was never really confirmed in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty darn confident it's going to happen, but most of the radio stations and news sites were picking it up as fact from the original article which didn't really source anything in particular.

Informed speculation, but speculation nevertheless. I still hold my prediction that a new AC/DC album will be out for Christmas 2018. Or 2019. Or 2020. See? I won't be wrong. :lol:

Sooner than later though. Angus won't want to wait around this time. Rock or Bust was planned as early as 2012 so they could be out on the road for the 40th anniversary (2013) but we know now that Malcolm's condition delayed the album. This time, I don't think Angus is going to want one of those six to eight year gaps like we've had in the past.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Well I mean it was never really confirmed in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty darn confident it's going to happen, but most of the radio stations and news sites were picking it up as fact from the original article which didn't really source anything in particular.

Informed speculation, but speculation nevertheless. I still hold my prediction that a new AC/DC album will be out for Christmas 2018. Or 2019. Or 2020. See? I won't be wrong. :lol:

Sooner than later though. Angus won't want to wait around this time. Rock or Bust was planned as early as 2012 so they could be out on the road for the 40th anniversary (2013) but we know now that Malcolm's condition delayed the album. This time, I don't think Angus is going to want one of those six to eight year gaps like we've had in the past.

I think it will happen. I posted that because the same station had been reporting it as fact, and they are now changing it to unconfirmed....guess they decided to be a little more cautious. It seems all info being put out is based off this one article. :shrugs:

23 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I think it will happen. I posted that because the same station had been reporting it as fact, and they are now changing it to unconfirmed....guess they decided to be a little more cautious. It seems all info being put out is based off this one article. :shrugs:

Exactly. The original article strikes me as one of those "insiders" that will claim they knew all along once the official word is out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I also think it will happen, but man these people need to slow down and not put out unconfirmed rumors/news out there. I think we got enough of that already.<_<

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I also think it will happen, but man these people need to slow down and not put out unconfirmed rumors/news out there. I think we got enough of that already.<_<

That is so true....but you come to expect this shit in GNR land...some things never change :wacko:

• Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 10:39 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Have you read the actual article? It has absolutely no credible source for that information other than Angus made a guest appearance, so it seems they decided to make shit up. 

The Australian press seem to be even worse than in the UK for fairytales. 

And people said this when it was first rumored that Axl was going to front AC DC on the tour and well we know how that turned out.

On 16.3.2017 at 11:03 PM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

An Axl/Angus album would be interesting. Slash can't write anymore, I'm not interested in new music from that combo.

Slash can still write killer riffs and solos when inspired. With each disposable solo release, there are at least a couple of tunes that prove this fact.

Besides, you can't judge what he can do on his own compared to what he can do with Axl and Duff. Not the same thing.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

A crisply recorded studio version of a great Hard Rock tune with Angus tone and Axl singing in his closer to Bon Scott style with cool lyrics. They could start from a pre existing Angus idea which he feels is strong, an AAA song idea. Axl can work magic with a musical idea he's into.

Angus doesn't fuck around. He just has to decide when it's time and do it while Axl is not touring. So much potential pairing their styles. It makes sense on every level.

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

A crisply recorded studio version of a great Hard Rock tune with Angus tone and Axl singing in his closer to Bon Scott style with cool lyrics. They could start from a pre existing Angus idea which he feels is strong, an AAA song idea. Axl can work magic with a musical idea he's into.

Angus doesn't fuck around. He just has to decide when it's time and do it while Axl is not touring. So much potential pairing their styles. It makes sense on every level.

Totally agree. I've waited long enough for GN'R, I can wait a bit longer. Want this NOW!!! :lol: