What direction should the next album go in?

What direction should the next album go in?  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There will never be a new GN'R release again- the quicker you accept that the more relieved you can be. There may be Chinese II and leftovers leaked in the upcoming decades and then when Axl passes, but there will never be another album under the name "Guns n' Roses". It's a simple fact.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

There will never be a new GN'R release again- the quicker you accept that the more relieved you can be. There may be Chinese II and leftovers leaked in the upcoming decades and then when Axl passes, but there will never be another album under the name "Guns n' Roses". It's a simple fact.

It's actually not a simple fact, blow hard, it's quite the opposite.  

• Like 2

I pick UYI 3/CD 2, mix between a song like TWAT, SOD, or CITR with Slash touch and/with 3 or 4 straight modern rocker ala Slither or Anastasia. Capturing AFD again is clearly difficult tho, they all grown up and didn't have those rock n roll mentality like when they were young again, what theme they gonna use on AFD like song? A divorce? Diabetus? Arthritis?

Edited by Magnus Cavalerra
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It's actually not a simple fact, blow hard, it's quite the opposite.  

Axl has released one album of original material in 26 years.  Even then CD had to be yanked out of his hands. Quote anything about what he or band members said, they always lie. New music isn't a priority for Axl. If there's even a band post 2017, expect another greatest hits tour. New music will never happen under the GNR name again.

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl has released one album of original material in 26 years.  Even then CD had to be yanked out of his hands. Quote anything about what he or band members said, they always lie. New music isn't a priority for Axl. If there's even a band post 2017, expect another greatest hits tour. New music will never happen under the GNR name again.

Don't disagree, that isn't the point though.  

Sonic Temple 2. A reunion self titled record kind of has to be that. 

But then option 4 is what I would probably like. 

I kind of always go back to the idea that you can get rock n roll from Izzy solo albums, or hard rock from Slash. But GNR can do these more expansive albums, incorporating different elements to come up with something special. If you could get Izzy and Slash writing together again though that would great. Maybe Slash, Duff and Axl is enough though. UYI without the Izzy songs. 

Maybe this line up will just do a hard rock album. Edited WOF with Duff on bass and Axl on fiah. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Firstly - do I believe we will get a new album? No I don't. I'm not completely ruling it out but it doesn't seem to be a high priority. 

But in the interest of the topic, and the fact there is still a chance whilst slash and duff are around, here's my take on it. 

Id like to see a stripped back AFD style record come out. I would be more than happy with 1 or 2 ballads to be included, but on the whole just a general rock album that said the things they still want to say with no electronic fuckery or layers and layers of shit Stitched together where the songs are overdone... 

I think they've got it in them for one more, but I don't see it happening, in fact when this world tour is over... I wouldn't be surprised if that was the end of it full stop. I hope not... But my gut says this is some kind of long goodbye 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

Sonic Temple 2. A reunion self titled record kind of has to be that. 

But then option 4 is what I would probably like. 

I kind of always go back to the idea that you can get rock n roll from Izzy solo albums, or hard rock from Slash. But GNR can do these more expansive albums, incorporating different elements to come up with something special. If you could get Izzy and Slash writing together again though that would great. Maybe Slash, Duff and Axl is enough though. UYI without the Izzy songs. 

Maybe this line up will just do a hard rock album. Edited WOF with Duff on bass and Axl on fiah. 

With Axl and Izzy it seems like if you give them enough time they sometimes automatically just default back to speaking terms. It's Axl and Izzy. They're weird.

But if Izzy is not a part of a potential new album, or even if he is,  I think this line up is probably going to be a part of it. An important part of the album, or at least this is how Axl usually operates. If he's going to write new lyrics, everyone should try to come up with ideas and Axl should listen to all of it.

I'm more interested in Axl's approach of at least pushing some things forward in Guns. If they can find a way to have more Gn'R elements in there, more hard rock tunes but with still having shit like Catcher in there with good lyrics that would be ideal.

Fortus not getting to be a real part of it doesn't make sense to me. I find it hard to believe Axl won't give him a chance to compose and record more ideas this time and with Slash it's possible they will sound really good together or at least I can see that happening.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I think it would be almost cruel not to release something new...but it could very much be the case anyway.

I really hate the fact that the whole reunion thing got such a bad taste because of everything regarding Izzy and Steven. That alone makes me lose a lot of interest in a new album.

If they do it anyway there shouldn't be CD leftovers, write something new with the current band. Using already recorded vocals from ages ago would be super lame. The artistic value of something like that would be zero and therefor an insult to the gnr name. Imo.

I would like a new album to be more of a hard rock/ blues based rock album with two Axl piano ballads on it. The most important part to me is it should be blues based hard rock. Songs like Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me mixed with songs like Dust N Bones and 14 Years. Another SCOM and then maybe a ballad and an epic rocker like Coma or Locomotive. 

Many angry Axl screams while Slash rapes his guitar!

• Like 2

I think we will get Angus and Axl record first whether it's called ACDC or not. 

They have awesome chemistry together and I havent seen Angus so energized and inspired in a long time. 12 all rockers albums with Axl and ACDC guitars all over it ? Count me in. And Angus is a guy who will not agree on instant rerecording he will tell Axl just to make it as simple and rock n roll as possible. 

Edited by eye2eye
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

With Axl and Izzy it seems like if you give them enough time they sometimes automatically just default back to speaking terms. It's Axl and Izzy. They're weird.

But if Izzy is not a part of a potential new album, or even if he is,  I think this line up is probably going to be a part of it. An important part of the album, or at least this is how Axl usually operates. If he's going to write new lyrics, everyone should try to come up with ideas and Axl should listen to all of it.

I'm more interested in Axl's approach of at least pushing some things forward in Guns. If they can find a way to have more Gn'R elements in there, more hard rock tunes but with still having shit like Catcher in there with good lyrics that would be ideal.

Fortus not getting to be a real part of it doesn't make sense to me. I find it hard to believe Axl won't give him a chance to compose and record more ideas this time and with Slash it's possible they will sound really good together or at least I can see that happening.

Seeing as Slash wanted to work with Fortus in his solo project he might have an idea how that will work. All Axl has to do is give them the basic idea of vocal melody and they'll work it. Whatever the idea Slash will compose and finish it. Slash is like the filter the songs have to go through. It's tried and tested. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I would like a new album to be more of a hard rock/ blues based rock album with two Axl piano ballads on it. The most important part to me is it should be blues based hard rock. Songs like Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me mixed with songs like Dust N Bones and 14 Years. Another SCOM and then maybe a ballad and an epic rocker like Coma or Locomotive. 

Many angry Axl screams while Slash rapes his guitar!

Couldn't have put it better, well said. Unfortunately I don't believe there will be a new album. Axl's fear of failing maybe? 

• Like 1

I want to hear the band evolve but still nod to their past. I like songs like Shacklers, If the world etc. I also love songs like Dust N Bones, Pretty tied up, Locomotive. I'd be pretty happy to hear where they'd take things. 

IMO the record this current band would make would rock fairly hard just considering who's in the band and their individual musical preferences. Rockers and 2-4 power 'epic' ballads. I have a feeling that the next record is going to be a lot of CD II material though. What happens to that material if it's not released now? there's a lot of money tied up in those songs - not saying those songs are going to sell a ton, just they spent money recording them and probably still need to recoup expenses.

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Couldn't have put it better, well said. Unfortunately I don't believe there will be a new album. Axl's fear of failing maybe? 

But isn't that's just UYI I&II again. I want to hear SOME of that too, but I also want to hear them take it someplace I haven't heard before.