Xbox One Headsets help.

alfierose

What is the deal with these headsets? I'm forever having to buy new ones for my son, the original style (that come with the xbox) he has about 3 of them, they seem to work on and off then give up completely after a few weeks. 

He has an expensive pair he got for his birthday, they don't work anymore but they work on my phone so it's not just the headset. Today he got a £15 set of Turtle Beach, straight out the box don't work. His controller is up to date, the headset is not muted.

WTF is going on? He is driving me nuts trying to get me to fix something I have no clue about.

Is it his xbox? His older brother has the same model and has had no issues with his headset.

Please restore my sanity, it's half term next week and smashing the damn thing to pieces is looking tempting right now. :max:

I just use the commonplace Microsoft brand stereo headset:

https://www.amazon.ca/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset/dp/B00IAVDQCK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1487696550&sr=8-2&keywords=xbox+one+headset

I haven't done a controller update since the initial one, I've dropped it a hundred times, stepped on the cable, etc... and I've yet to have a problem.

It sounds like it's probably something to do with the signal transmission from the console to the headset. If you have a USB to Micro USB cable or the play and charge kit or whatever, try to connect the controller directly to the console with no wireless activity and then try the headset. Maybe that can at least rule out a signal issue. Typically I play with my controller plugged in anyways.

• Like 1