Melissa Reese On Playing In GN'R: 'F**cking Dream Job, It's Awesome'

A Minute With Guns N' Roses Keyboardist Melissa Reese

Published on Jan 31, 2017 - London Stadium 

Get to know Guns N' Roses keyboardist Melissa Reese ahead of Guns N' Roses' weekend of shows at London Stadium in June.

Melissa Reese: Fast forward til now, it's just been nothing but insanely dope like positive experience and everyone is super super rad and the shows are lite, and, yeah that's basically it. Fucking dream job, it's awesome.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Slash and Duff really seem to get along with her really well. As does the rest of the band.

On the video she says she's not from their world initially, they probably appreciate her perspective since everyone else is a straight up rock dude. Doesn't hurt that she's a hell of a singer/piano player.

Edited by moreblack

She seems like one of those people who are nice and fun to be around.

Then her vocabulary starts to creep into yours and it takes two years of conscious effort to quit talking like her. :scared:

Sorry. Flashback to an instructor I had for multiple classes for a year once. She had a tendency to add -ish to words. And usually it was paired with "kinda". She did it all the time.  It seemed like at least every other sentence. You cannot imagine my horror when I found myself starting to do it. (It was kinda annoyingish!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

Can't help but think they could use her paychecks as a start on Izzy's instead

lol it's funny, I said that a year ago when we got word that Pitman was out. "Maybe he was cut because they don't need two keyboardists and they wanna but that money towards securing Izzy" and then they replaced Pitman with her so...yeah idk. She doesn't hurt the sound, I'm not convinced she helps a lot but idk, just seems like money that could have been better spent but I can't see how to argue you so #lolmelissareese #Dope #Rad #Lit :lol:

I don't mind her being in GNR, I wouldn't want to see her in a AFD5 lineup reunion however for a lineup such as this where it is a hybrid mix of a bunch of different elements old and new I think its totally fine

Let's put it this way, I wouldn't have really thought to have her in the band and I barely noticed her on stage - although I do think she gets a lot of hate on this site that is a little silly IMO

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

That means we should all just blindly love her? K :lol:

Also doesn't mean we should blindly hate her either. 

---

A lot of folks just seem to dislike her because she isn't Izzy or Pitman or because she's a girl or because they don't like her personality. She does Chris Pitman's job better than he did it. She's actually noticeable. Nobody outside of the forums and hardcore fans recognized him as more than just an idle keyboardist. Melissa is full of energy when she's playing and I'm pretty sure she hasn't fucked up yet. Get over yourselves! Just because someone is modern and not what you like in somebody's personality doesn't make them bad, it makes you look incredibly narrow minded. She's fucking dope. 

Happy for her, hope she sees continued success! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

I love these Melissa threads. I love seeing the 40+ year old People bitch about her being in the band. Its like ewwwww a female. Girls are icky. 

well, to be fair, they do have cooties

• Like 4