Melissa Reese On Playing In GN'R: 'F**cking Dream Job, It's Awesome'

16 minutes ago, Get In the Ring Motherfker said:

But Silkworms was put together by Mr Chris Pittman an Dizzy Reed

shush, I don't need more reasons to hate him.

2 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

We need a video where she runs through what in the actual hell she's doing behind that rig of her's for 3/4s of the set!

I am genuinely interested to find out!

There's songs like ISE and Nightrain, where I've no idea what even Dizzy's doing

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Słash said:

Melissa is the DJ Ashba of "Guns N' Roses" 

No.... She can legitimately play and sing. Ashba was piss poor at best. I know we all could see exactly what Ashba was playing and what Melissa does is less obvious but that doesn't make them equal. Ashbs was and is  a complete tool.

I don't disagree that a stripped down dust n bones tour GNR would be cool. But that's not on the agenda. 

The money that Fortus, Frank and Melissa make has almost no baring on Izzy's inclusion. Those three are making a good salary, Slash, duff and Axl are making millions... big difference. I'd imagine Izzy wanted an equal salary or something close to the main three. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

No.... She can legitimately play and sing. Ashba was piss poor at best. I know we all could see exactly what Ashba was playing and what Melissa does is less obvious but that doesn't make them equal. Ashbs was and is  a complete tool.

I don't disagree that a stripped down dust n bones tour GNR would be cool. But that's not on the agenda. 

The money that Fortus, Frank and Melissa make has almost no baring on Izzy's inclusion. Those three are making a good salary, Slash, duff and Axl are making millions... big difference. I'd imagine Izzy wanted an equal salary or something close to the main three. 

On the next tour stop Cozy Powell's hologram will bring pizzas onstage

7 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

We need a video where she runs through what in the actual hell she's doing behind that rig of her's for 3/4s of the set!

I am genuinely interested to find out!

I wonder if someone tweeted her would she respond. Seems like someone who likes to be interactive, maybe she would do a rig run down?

I'd love to have a definitive answer. Nobody can argue, that it isn't funny that we honestly aren't sure what the role of the 2nd keyboard is... (Besides sub bass) Considering the 2nd keys player has been a constant since 1999 :P

I can see why fans might object, I mean what was the problem with Ashba, apart from shit guitar playing?  Image-wise he was a walking stereotype, he looked like a 21st Century focus group sat down and designed a rock band guitarist and fans of this band, if i may be so bold as to speak for them, some of them anyway, perhaps don't want that.  Personally i think she beats the hell out of that Buffalo Bill they had before and talking like a fuckin' dork trying to be hip is never gonna endear you to people but hey, whatever, the current situation is a shite sight better than what there was of GnR a year ago, or however long it's been since Troubador.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gackt said:

Melissa's cute, so she's good in my book :thumbsup: Brain's a lucky man

Bucket, you are saying this just cause you are friends with Brain. I don't think so she and brain are together anymore.

Btw will you be touring this year also? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Those moments you realise some people come to a Guns N' Roses fan forum and defend the superfluous hired hands more than the original founding members of GNR.

I don't think it's really about defending. There's Axl, Slash and Duff on stage for the first time in 20 years. I guess most people don't even notice Melissa. And regarding the social media crap, you don't really HAVE to look at it.

Try seeing her as Tracy & Roberta 2.0, this is not something new to GNR.

Edited by maynard

On 2/22/2017 at 9:15 AM, moreblack said:

shush, I don't need more reasons to hate him.

There's songs like ISE and Nightrain, where I've no idea what even Dizzy's doing

Dizzys playing piano on at least Nightrain. You can hear him on the 2012 o2 Arena proshot, or on the 2002 Boston soundboard. Hes pretty much playing what he plays on Pretty Tied Up/Civil War (banging on the root notes)

On 2/21/2017 at 9:21 PM, Hollywood Zombie said:

The circle jerk of hate in this thread. 

#notmyband.  

A lot of the hate and negativity is coming from you, though. The people you keep complaining about our stating their opinion about a BAND MEMBER. That's what a band forum is for - to discuss the actual band. All your negativity is directed towards other forum members. Why do you care if people don't love the same band members that you do? It's odd to get so triggered because most people don't like one of the hired hands.

She seems like a nice person and is obviously a good musician. But her personality mirrors that of a 13-year-old. No intelligent adult actually uses words like dope and rad and lit in their everyday vocabulary. I'll go out on a limb and guess that she probably says "like" in every other sentence as well.

And stop with the ignorant rhetoric about people not liking her must not like women. GnR use to be labeled as the most Dangerous Band in the World. To have that band reunite (at least a portion of it) and have a blue-haired rave "chick" who talks like a middle school girl is a bit of a shocking avenue for Axl to take. People on here don't hate women. They reacted the same way when Axl hired DJ Ashba, who spent more time trying to perfect his "rock look" and persona than he did improving his guitar skills. DJ spent more time on his make-up and tweeting than he did practicing guitar. Did people who hated DJ being in the band also hate "men" (like you are claiming about those who dislike Melissa?).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Apollo said:

A lot of the hate and negativity is coming from you, though. The people you keep complaining about our stating their opinion about a BAND MEMBER. That's what a band forum is for - to discuss the actual band. All your negativity is directed towards other forum members. Why do you care if people don't love the same band members that you do? It's odd to get so triggered because most people don't like one of the hired hands.

A 'band member' ?  Melissa ?  Really ?

The 'actual band' ? Seriously ?

This hasn't been a band since the early '90's.  This is a coverband with three original members.  In fact, make that two, the singer doesn't even look or sound like the original ...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

A 'band member' ?  Melissa ?  Really ?

The 'actual band' ? Seriously ?

This hasn't been a band since the early '90's.  This is a coverband with three original members.  In fact, make that two, the singer doesn't even look or sound like the original ...

Just because a band doesn't operate the way you dream it is, it has no relevance to it being an actual band. Some people just look for something to bash every minute I guess

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 3:30 AM, maynard said:

I don't think it's really about defending. There's Axl, Slash and Duff on stage for the first time in 20 years. I guess most people don't even notice Melissa. And regarding the social media crap, you don't really HAVE to look at it.

Try seeing her as Tracy & Roberta 2.0, this is not something new to GNR.

Exactly. It's not her fault that she accepted a well paying gig to play in front of millions all over the world and do her shtick. Duff and Slash are up there slumming for a paycheck as well, why single her out?

If anything, all this just makes Axl look worse. His "vision" for this band is a travesty.

22 minutes ago, RONIN said:

If anything, all this just makes Axl look worse. His "vision" for this band is a travesty.

If the band I saw last year at Dodger Stadium was a travesty then I think every single great band in the world is a travesty :lol: