Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk's Show Today

Just now, sidman69 said:

Anybody hear the interview or have a link to it? I tried listening to it, but I can't go back more than an hour or so on my sirius online radio

It's being discussed in the other interview thread:

Have you tried listening to it from the app?

8 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

yeah, couldn't rewind more than an hour. 

Yours doesn't look like this?

gTmm8Jl.png

There should be a little restart show button right below the 'Trunk Nation' name.

Not sure why it's not showing up for you. Sorry, Man. :shrugs:

15 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Yours doesn't look like this?

gTmm8Jl.png

There should be a little restart show button right below the 'Trunk Nation' name.

Not sure why it's not showing up for you. Sorry, Man. :shrugs:

Got it to work! It show up on demand. I'll summarize the interview and throw it up on my channel. 

31 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

He said the reason Melissa and Richard fit in is because Axl doesn't want to see anybody.

I'm hoping to understand more about this statement. Because Axl doesn't want to see anybody? That's why Melissa and Richard fit in? Sorry I'm a bit densed here....

:rofl-lol:

Steven needs to troll the band a little bit more. He's been treated like a piece a shit and they're making hundreds of millions of dollars behind his back and Izzys. It's going to happen at one point, but you can see they're running this corporate rock band like mobsters.

39 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

- He said it was not going to be the same as it was 25 years because not having Izzy there and only playing 1-2 songs it was hurtful and heartbreaking for him. Richard is a great guitar play and he think Richard looks like Izzy. 

- Either Australia, Japan or Thailand he said he's not flying that far to only play a couple songs. 

- Steven said he got a couple bucks from the GNR camp. Fernando was covering that. He said Fernando is a good guy and hopefully has some good ideas for 30 year anniversary. 

- He said he wanted to Push Frank down the stairs one night so he could play a full show but he couldn't because Frank is such a great guy. 

Only time he had interaction with Melissa and Richard. He said the reason Melissa and Richard fit in is because Axl doesn't want to see anybody. Very nice people, very quiet. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Pretty clear now that Steven isn't involved with the band anymore considering how much he's shared recently

Yeah, He says he's had his closure in getting to play in GNR again, but going forward isnt interested in guest spots, rather full time and with Izzy being involved. 

34 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

I'm hoping to understand more about this statement. Because Axl doesn't want to see anybody? That's why Melissa and Richard fit in? Sorry I'm a bit densed here....

He has his own way of looking at things that may not make sense. I think he just means they're good employees that don't rock the boat and just do their job without alot of fuss.

What a weird way for a band to operate. Not much has really changed has it? Axl still keeps to himself with the band separate from him until they all share a stage together to play a gig. 

Edited by NicDwolfwood
  • Like 1

Expect more of the same given the blockbuster success of this tour. They don't need Izzy and Steven, especially since new music from GnR is a myth like dry land in Waterworld.

Like silent Jay said, these sellouts are running their corporate rock band like the mob. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Expect more of the same given the blockbuster success of this tour. They don't need Izzy and Steven, especially since new music from GnR is a myth like dry land in Waterworld.

Like silent Jay said, these sellouts are running their corporate rock band like the mob. 

The tour isn't a "blockbuster" success though.  It's a success, but not blockbuster.  Further, this is it.  You get one at it like these based on the past.  Once this run is over this is over or they need a new record or the original 5.  Otherwise they downgrade to arenas for a run, then theaters.   You can't tour on nostalgia alone consistently.  

• Like 4

An AFD5 reunion just isn't important to Axl. It just sucks for us fans because even if it happens at all it will probably happen when they are all in their 60s and it's gonna be really lame and I don't think Slash and Duff are to blame for that, but Axl. He has no interest in meeting Izzys conditions, he will want to keep playing CD songs, and he had no intention of rebonding with Steven. Oh well atleast Steven got something out of this at all.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Axl, slash, and duff have the right and ability to operate as they see fit.

And I have the right to have zero interest in their operation.

It's the AFD5 or nothing for me.

And if someone wants to view it differently then fine. I have more important things to worry about.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

The tour isn't a "blockbuster" success though.  It's a success, but not blockbuster.  Further, this is it.  You get one at it like these based on the past.  Once this run is over this is over or they need a new record or the original 5.  Otherwise they downgrade to arenas for a run, then theaters.   You can't tour on nostalgia alone consistently.  

How is it not blockbuster? It was the 2nd highest grossing tour of the year..I think?

Sadly, Kiss ran on nostalgia from 1996-2000 with the originals and were playing stadiums, I believe Guns could have a longer run.

• Like 2