Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk's Show Today

Steven made a bad decision on getting involved on the reunion, I understand that it was his dream to play with his friends but he promoted the tour making it almost a "full reunion" and all that he got was a bad treat according to this
If I were Steven or Izzy I would have never played with them, it was obvius that he would be treaten like that, being paid for a couple of songs while the other 3 gets all millonaires

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

as I was told by a person who shared a stage with them (and children here beliving in illusions cried waterfalls), this is business where everyone involved is in it for money.

there ain't no contact, common dinners, hanging around.

common flight, seperate soundcheck, common stage for the gig, seperate changing rooms, seperate dinner, back on plane. period.

as Duff said 'I am here cause my contract says so'.

He and Slash are close, but that is as far as it goes with friendships in that band 2016/17.

....although...I honestly don't belive Stevie in any way or form would be the right person for this tour. No comment or interview he ever did gave me any confiednce in his behavior being a normal grown up person. he is just a kid living rock n roll dream in a grown up...what was that quote in Duff book Stevie used to say??

....which doesn't approve this band being disfunctional as it is.  This could have been a normal GNR band with Izzy and Matt, minus Fortus, Ferrer or Mellie that would record great music and put out monster rock shows like GNR 1991 shows.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, @xlRose said:

Steven made a bad decision on getting involved on the reunion, I understand that it was his dream to play with his friends but he promoted the tour making it almost a "full reunion" and all that he got was a bad treat according to this
If I were Steven or Izzy I would have never played with them, it was obvius that he would be treaten like that, being paid for a couple of songs while the other 3 gets all millonaires

He shouldn't have done it, but I get why he did.

The sad part is that he had been practising AFD and UYI for "two years", he devoted a lot of time in preparing for this and got some closure for himself. 

1 hour ago, @xlRose said:

This.

In fact, Steven should have more self-esteem, and send a beautiful FUCK YOU to Axl.
If Dexter prefers to have that lousy drummer he has, fuck him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @xlRose said:

Yeah, I don't think he said he had any regrets though. He knew he was getting the shaft but did it for himself and the fans.. With a smile on his face the whole time too. Disappointed in Duff and Slash.. With Axl, none of this is a surprise.

8 minutes ago, auad said:

If Dexter prefers to have that lousy drummer he has, fuck him.

Legit.. Frank is a terrible fit for this band.. And it isn't because "he isn't Steven"..

• Like 3

10 hours ago, action said:

I "want" to like the tour. but the "wanting" part is so exhausting I'm starting to ask myself who the hell am I kidding.

look, it all boils down to this. come june, i'll be seeing Axl+Slash+Duff on stage. hopefully. I'm sure i'll walk away absolutely thrilled and full of enthusiasm. the band will count the dollars, and at the end we all go back to our problems.

and that is it, folks.

No sign of Steven, no sign of Izzy. No new album, but perhaps we'll get a DVD of the tour.

As for band chemistry? I look at them, and I see they "want" to like each other as much as possible. But then we hear it's always duff and slash doing rehearsals, Axl isn't there... the usual stuff. they are not heading to the stage while all sitting in the back of a truck, meanwhile coming up with cool new tunes. They are not walking the streets at night together, having fun. None of that. Axl goes back to his nanny, Duff goes back to his tax papers, and Slash goes back to shagging his new permanent girlfriend. there is as much "real" danger involved as in the newest terminator movie. that is; no danger at all. It's a show, it's a stage, it's make-believe.

Enjoy it for what it is, or walk away from it all. It's anyone's free choice. And keep expectations, low, and maybe you'll get some of that old spark back when you go visit a show.

Dude... I was just listening to this and while reading this you broke my heart...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FuriousStyles said:

I still can't get over this.

Steven Adler....

The one band member who over the years pined so badly to play with Axl and Slash again that it almost bordered on uncomfortably embarrassing.....

FINALLY gets to play with them and then basically says....

"No thanks, call me when Izzy's back!"

Unreal. Steven gives no ducks

I think it has more to do with the number of songs he's playing, his participation.  It looks like it's a matter of respect for Steven.  He's brought along on tour to play one, maybe two songs, while Slash Duff, Axl, Dizzy and Melissa perform the entire show.  

It's unfortunate.

38 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

I think we need to hear something from the other side now. This is getting way out of hand.

Agree...the more Steven talks, the more I feel that they are just going to have to speak up. You can only turn a blind eye for so long.

Edited by marlingrl03

11 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

I'm calling BS that he started playing a third song and was pulled, also, if that was the case, he would have never made it to Argentina.

Where is that story coming from? Because I listened to the podcast and I don't remember anything about that nonsense. Granted, I was at work at the time and I could have missed some parts but I don't think so.

20 hours ago, GoBucky said:

The GnR Central Youtube review of the interview said Steven told Trunk that he tried playing a third song which was Rocket Queen, but the band shut the power off on him when he started. What show was this, and how would he play Rocket Queen when it was already played early in the set? I was at the Cincy and LA shows he was at and he didnt try a third song there...was it Nashville or is it typical Adler crap? 

Got it from here @Jane M.

Edited by gnr5

1 hour ago, gnr5 said:

I was all pissed off at this story, and then I realize (and someone posted here too)... how and why would he start Rocket Queen and claim they pull the plugged when Rocket Queen had already been played at that point in the set. We, as crazy fans, would have noticed that Steven started playing another song, drums are loud (I'm a drummer) and even in that size of stage/stadium without any mics you would hear the drums if nothing else is playing over the PA system, specially videos taken from the front of the stage. 

I'm calling BS that he started playing a third song and was pulled, also, if that was the case, he would have never made it to Argentina.

Yeah well, a lot of the stuff coming out of Steven's mouth doesn't add up and sounds like bullshit. Nothing new, really.

I agree it's time for Axl/Slash/Duff to say something though. Frustrating to only get bits and pieces of information from the least reliable guy out of all of them.

Just now, AlterL said:

One question, why should Axl hang out with Adler if he doesn't want to? He has already done enough for the man, getting his ass out of troubles when Erin's family wanted him dead, being the only band member to come and see him (by Adler's own admission) during his first overdose threatening his dealers, giving him courtesy credits for songs he didn't wrote on Appetite, giving him a spot with them during perhaps the most important tour he's done since his first comeback in 2001 and the motherfucker still has the balls to call Axl a dictator. And you still believe he owes him anything? C'mon that is utter bullshit.

True, I wouldn't wanna hang out with Steven either if I were Axl. And neither do Slash and Duff according to Steven. Which sucks pretty badly for Steven, but it's no surprise Sluff didn't fight very hard for him when they've been treating Steven like the annoying ex-girlfriend they pretend doesn't exist for years.

Edited by Frey

So this is now the "ADLER BASHES GNR FORGETING HE WAS FIRED LIKE 27 YEARS A GO AS A BAND DESICION WORLD TOUR"

Openers:  whinin sorum and the constipators..  The pitman (sad) experience 

NEXt DATES:

Fallon

KimmeL

Stern

trunk again

DeGeneres

Celebrity rehab

Trunk residency

Get your tickets on "NOONEGIVESASINGLESH..TANDTHEBANDWILLCONTINUEEARNING+5TO7MILLIONDOLLARSPERSHOWANDMAKINGHAPPYMILLIONSOFFANSAROUNDTHEGLOBE.COM"

sponsored by :   u better grab fast those couple of dollars and food cupons youre geting right now cause the interes in u only gonna last a month or maybe less...   Company ( pathent pending)

See u there everybody!!  (Not)

23 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

So this is now the "ADLER BASHES GNR FORGETING HE WAS FIRED LIKE 27 YEARS A GO AS A BAND DESICION WORLD TOUR"

Openers:  whinin sorum and the constipators..  The pitman (sad) experience 

NEXt DATES:

Fallon

KimmeL

Stern

trunk again

DeGeneres

Celebrity rehab

Trunk residency

Get your tickets on "NOONEGIVESASINGLESH..TANDTHEBANDWILLCONTINUEEARNING+5TO7MILLIONDOLLARSPERSHOWANDMAKINGHAPPYMILLIONSOFFANSAROUNDTHEGLOBE.COM"

sponsored by :   u better grab fast those couple of dollars and food cupons youre geting right now cause the interes in u only gonna last a month or maybe less...   Company ( pathent pending)

See u there everybody!!  (Not)

You have to give him credit for talking.  The Big 3 (pussies) won't talk, and neither will Izzy so.....don't bash the one who has the balls to actually speak his mind. 

And Besides, you go around boasting GnR are the greatest band ever and blah blah blah blah yet, Steven is 1/5 of the reason that is the case.  

• Like 2

Earlier this week, former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler was interviewed on "Trunk Nation", Eddie Trunk's show on SiriusXM channel Volume (106).

A few excerpts from the chat follow below (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). 

Here: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-says-he-only-got-to-talk-to-axl-rose-for-ten-seconds-during-not-in-this-lifetime-tour/

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

You have to give him credit for talking.  The Big 3 (pussies) won't talk, and neither will Izzy so.....don't bash the one who has the balls to actually speak his mind. 

And Besides, you go around boasting GnR are the greatest band ever and blah blah blah blah yet, Steven is 1/5 of the reason that is the case.  

How can you call them pussies for not speaking to the press when they have the song Get in the Ring in their catalogue? I mean it's not exactly new news that Axl and to a lesser extent Duff and Slash do not like the press when it comes to GNR. This is not shocking at all. 

Bizarre...

On whether he ever asked the GUNS N' ROSES management team why he couldn't play more songs:  

Adler: "Of course! I'd start playing another fucking song, and they'd tell me to get off. They'd say, 'Okay, you're done.' And I'd start playing another song, and they'd just turned the sound of. 'Beat it. You're done.' I was, like, 'Okay. Cool.' I got to do that. It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, and I got to rock with those guys. And I love Slash and Duff and Axl, and I got to meet some great people that are working with them. And Fernando, who is GN'R's main guy, he's got some good ideas for hopefully this summer, for the thirtieth anniversary [of 'Appetite For Destruction'] in July, something for the fans. I don't know what it is, but he's a good guy, and I think he's gonna do the right thing… And there never will be an explanation [for why I can't play more songs with them]. It is what it is, and that's that."   

I'm really really skeptical about him saying he got muted. He play drums not some keyboard you can easily unplug. It's easy to notice if he started play on another song. 

I don't think he was treated fairly, but I smell a lot of BS from Adler also.

At least they could've let him play 1 whole show minus CD material. 

Edited by estranged_85