Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk's Show Today

5 hours ago, Padme said:

What? If you have the opportunity to listen a whole interview but you decide to read some headline elsewhere, that's up to you. You can't blame Eddie Trunk nor the media in general

I don't think you are getting what I am saying.

Many, many people base their opinions off of sound bites and headlines. They react to things off of what they decide happened from listening to sound bites and headlines. They then spread that news to others as though it were fact. Those friends of theirs will just repeat it as "I heard..." and keep spreading that misinformation to others. It happens all the time with news every single day. Just pick a subject and do a google search on news about it. You can watch the subject morph over time as the blogs and lesser news site play telephone.

Hell the articles were spreading Axl comment about Izzy in the interview as though he said that was the reason Izzy wasn't involved with the reunion tour when he was replying on why he didn't know if Izzy would be involved in the future or not.

I doubt it would affect GNR as much as it does... say politics or stories about crime, but they have to make the decision on whether or not they want to deal with the potential fallout.

5 hours ago, bigpoop said:

And what is the big paranoia about misinterpretation/misquoting about anyway?  They're a rock band. What's the big deal? Every other band seems to be able to cope with the press.

Axl hated being misconstrued by the media back in the 90s. He pretty much avoids media as much as possible now.

Not saying they shouldn't do media, just pointing out why they may not want to deal with that mess when they don't have to.

On 2/24/2017 at 10:27 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

How is speaking what happened throwing them under the bus? If Slash and Duff aren't cool with Steven telling them what they did to him maybe they shouldn't have done it then? Why should they just get away with it and hope Adler won't tell? He has every right to tell Duff doesnt think hes cool or that Slash never wants to hang out.

He does not wanna get back on stage with them unless an AFD5 reunion is going to happen, and that is only going to happen if Izzy and (obviously) Steven are on board. So he's not hurting shit. He has no interest to do guest spots in this half assed reunion.

In 2015 he was ranting that Slash didn't believe he was sober and was avoiding him and that Duff was mad at him for going off on a bender when Duff took him on tour. So in both cases he's ranting about something that's his own fault.

• Like 2

On 24/02/2017 at 7:10 PM, Gackt said:

After all this negative attention and animosity directed toward the band from him speaking out, I really don't see Adler ever getting the opportunity to perform with Axl & Friends anytime soon.

Seriously? Still with the "Axl & Friends" bullshit? Even though Slash AND Duff are back? Fuck off with that nonsense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, magnumpi said:

People in general are sheep.  They accept the official story of anything.

So the gnr Corp tells them Melissa is great and wonderful and a perfectly natural member of gnr then people believe it and they'll get infuriated with anyone doesn't accept it.

So the average person will accept this version as true gnr but that doesn't make it true.  And it certainly doesn't mean that this operation has any integrity, honesty, or dignity. 

It's pretty obvious that izzy and Steven are the ones with integrity.  Yes Steven has issues but he is a genuine person.

And I'd argue Du$$ is the biggest phony out of anyone

I would argue that any fan pretending to know enough to lay blame so confidently on one side is the real issue here, for me if I dont know the real bonafide facts I dont lay blame on anyone

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I would argue that any fan pretending to know enough to lay blame so confidently on one side is the real issue here, for me if I dont know the real bonafide facts I dont lay blame on anyone

Yup, me too....just can't do it. So I am neutral for now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

He's saying nothing but nice things about everyone, including Axl who he apparently barely been in touch with, he still goes out of his way by saying what a great frontman he is. He doesn't badmouth anyone, he's simply saying how it all went down for him and it's a breath of fresh air to hear someone from the GnR camp speaking up without putting anyone down. He's a nice guy with a big heart.

He's talking out of both sides of his mouth. He praises everyone because he doesn't want to burn his bridge entirely but he's still whining that what they gave him wasn't good enough. They could have left him out of it all together.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He's talking out of both sides of his mouth. He praises everyone because he doesn't want to burn his bridge entirely but he's still whining that what they gave him wasn't good enough. They could have left him out of it all together.

Yet, we feel he's just being honest. He of course loves the guys - but how they're treating him is fucking infuriating. It's a fucking joke. I was happy when he first got on stage with them again, but then playing 1, 2 songs? WTF is THAT???? Is the guy so fucking retarded or something that he can't play some rock songs? Songs that he even composed in the first place himself? GTFOH... 

A tour this big, you say? Fuck it, I leave "GNR, Inc." for the corporate fucks who enjoy this shit. I'll gladly pass, like Izzy did. 

And I won't stop my rant here: it's all the same Axl kinda-shit again. He's trying to sell us GNR as a band of GREAT professional musicians (what's with the stupid "Wish You Were Here" jams and covers and whatnot??? MAKES NO SENSE!!!! Boring as fuck....). He wants to be recognized as a musician's musician. Well, he never was Paganini, and never will be. Nor was any of the guys in the original GNR. And THAT was part of the magic. Being out of tune, fucking up the notes and all the rest - the energy and meaning was all there.

Axl tried bringing Ron and Buckethead, AWESOME musicians, real ones... but it didn't quite work, did it? He tried to bring Traci and Roberta and the whole damn circus. Abominations. I shudder to think of that.

What? They wanna compete with the Taylor Swifts and Beyonces and Justin Biebers and make it BIG??? REALLY? Just shaking my head here... one would think age brings about some sort of wisdom, but in some people's case, it's obviously the opposite. 

That's it, I'll go listen to GNR @ the Ritz in October 1987 to purge from all the trash collected by my eyes and dumped into my brain, as it's been tearing into my conscious thoughts... I think I know who to blame. :-)

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Nah, I'm not that cynical. He was being honest and I understand that in GnR world that is not often the case, so I get your cynicism. Besides, by saying the truth on the radio he probably burned that bridge anyway, it doesn't take much to piss off Axl, and I'm sure he knows that. Also, he wasn't whining, just saying that travelling the country/world to play two songs is too much for him and he's right... again, being honest... what a refreshing concept.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

To be honest, you can't really blame Axl and the rest of the band. I like Steven, but:

-I heard rumours that the guys don't believe he's completely clean

- There were most likely doubts he could play so many shows so often, especially after injuring his back (you can bet he was injured for longer than that because he exaggerates so much) 

-He hasn't half talked some shit over the years. He's criticised Axl's lineup and said a bunch of other stupid stuff

So I can't say I'm surprised. Axl's a loyal guy too, the other guys left on their own. He's loyal to Frank & Richard who have been around for years now with no issues. 

Edited by OJones90

Well, they've all said stupid stuff, Axl called Slash a cancer, it doesn't get more stupid than that. I don't know the reason for letting Steven only play so little, maybe they have a valid reason indeed, but it's unfair to criticize him on this interview because I think he's just being honest and sincere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Yet, we feel he's just being honest. He of course loves the guys - but how they're treating him is fucking infuriating. It's a fucking joke. I was happy when he first got on stage with them again, but then playing 1, 2 songs? WTF is THAT???? Is the guy so fucking retarded or something that he can't play some rock songs? Songs that he even composed in the first place himself? GTFOH... 

A tour this big, you say? Fuck it, I leave "GNR, Inc." for the corporate fucks who enjoy this shit. I'll gladly pass, like Izzy did. 

And I won't stop my rant here: it's all the same Axl kinda-shit again. He's trying to sell us GNR as a band of GREAT professional musicians (what's with the stupid "Wish You Were Here" jams and covers and whatnot??? MAKES NO SENSE!!!! Boring as fuck....). He wants to be recognized as a musician's musician. Well, he never was Paganini, and never will be. Nor was any of the guys in the original GNR. And THAT was part of the magic. Being out of tune, fucking up the notes and all the rest - the energy and meaning was all there.

Axl tried bringing Ron and Buckethead, AWESOME musicians, real ones... but it didn't quite work, did it? He tried to bring Traci and Roberta and the whole damn circus. Abominations. I shudder to think of that.

What? They wanna compete with the Taylor Swifts and Beyonces and Justin Biebers and make it BIG??? REALLY? Just shaking my head here... one would think age brings about some sort of wisdom, but in some people's case, it's obviously the opposite. 

That's it, I'll go listen to GNR @ the Ritz in October 1987 to purge from all the trash collected by my eyes and dumped into my brain, as it's been tearing into my conscious thoughts... I think I know who to blame. :-)

Izzy passed because they wouldn't pay him enough money, not because of any artistic integrity. 

And what are they supposed to do? Dumb down the tour into something Adler can handle? 

1 hour ago, OJones90 said:

To be honest, you can't really blame Axl and the rest of the band. I like Steven, but:

-I heard rumours that the guys don't believe he's completely clean

- There were most likely doubts he could play so many shows so often, especially after injuring his back (you can bet he was injured for longer than that because he exaggerates so much) 

-He hasn't half talked some shit over the years. He's criticised Axl's lineup and said a bunch of other stupid stuff

So I can't say I'm surprised. Axl's a loyal guy too, the other guys left on their own. He's loyal to Frank & Richard who have been around for years now with no issues. 

What is the excuse for Izzy? He hasn't been clean for 27yrs either?