Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk's Show Today

40 minutes ago, Joeypeeps said:

Damn, let the man play on the next  leg of the US tour. It's what the fans want to see. Five songs a show and throw the man some cash. To me, it seems like the right thing to do. 

I consider it a damn miracle he didn't kill himself in 1990. Everything was pointing to it the way he told it.

Finally @sidman69 posted the audio and some really interesting stuff, he even rehearsed CD songs to be ready for this! I know there are some people who went "oh no he won't even play the illusion stuff he cant be their drummer". Yeah right. He'd play every song they put on the setlist if that got him in the band.

Shame all he got was 2 songs a night, even 1 song 2 times, and the worst, always the SAME 2 songs every single night. Just horrible and I understand why he doesn't wanna do it like this anymore. Atleast he's not standing alone and got Izzys (and much of the fanbases) support in the way he wants it done

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Joeypeeps said:

Damn, let the man play on the next  leg of the US tour. It's what the fans want to see. Five songs a show and throw the man some cash. To me, it seems like the right thing to do. 

Imagine that? I'd love to see him to more if not all but 5 songs would be pretty awesome... What 5 would you guys pick?

Rocket Queen
Mr. Brownstone
Paradise City
Out Ta Get Me
Think About You

There are a ton more but if I had to pick 5 that would be close to it

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Imagine that? I'd love to see him to more if not all but 5 songs would be pretty awesome... What 5 would you guys pick?

Rocket Queen
Mr. Brownstone
Paradise City
Out Ta Get Me
Think About You

There are a ton more but if I had to pick 5 that would be close to it

I'd give him the Illusion songs since we've never heard those from him before aside from old demos. He wrote the drum parts for a lot of the Illusion songs.

My picks would be:

Civil War 

Perfect Crime

Don't Cry

Locomotive

Dead Horse

I went to the show in MA last summer. Crossed it off my bucket list. I was 14 in '92 when my mom kept me from going to see GN'R and Metallica at Foxboro Stadium. Then Metallica became just 'Tallica and Guns broke up.I never forgave her. :P

I wasn't missing this for the world.

I listened to Live At The Ritz on a loop for a month leading up to the realization that it wasn't gonna be a full blown AFD 5 reunion, but I was happy enough with what I got.

They were great. Started early, rocked for hours. Went home happy.

They played Sorry (CITR on night 2.. ugh. Missed it) and I was the only one near me that loudly sang along to every word.  Slash playing on CD stuff brought tears to my eyes. i bought 2 t-shirts.  Great time.

First strike: I payed close to $200 for a pair of nosebleeds at Gilette Stadioum on night one. Luckily, I never saw my actual seat because my brother and I just stayed where the high top tables are, dead center stage, near the merch/beer vendors.
They add night 2. a buddy of mine gets 4 tickets for $100. Now I'm pissed. Yes, the actual experience was great, but it kinda bummed me out that I paid a premium price for a show that was quickly selling out, only for them to add a second show, and offer tickets at a reasonable fucking price.

Strike 2: Not for nothing, I certainly didn't wanna wait til 1AM for them to take the stage like the Use Your Illusion Tour, but the vibe is wrong. They are wayyy too polished and professional now. Starting early and banging out almost the same set-list every night... Little to no banter in between songs. Everyone is a little too fucking happy. That plus the media blackout. Something stinks. Axl isn't flipping out. At all. Slash's top hat appears to be velcroed to his head. Where are the interviews? This could actually be way bigger, but nobody is talking. It's like they know we'll see right through the facade if they talk to anyone.

Strike 3: They're doing another run in the states this summer? Really? That's pretty fucking bold. swabbing the country for more cash, kids? You couldn't muster up enough energy to put out ANYTHING? A live record, an EP of CD leftovers with Slash and Duff on them? a single fucking track? Shiiiiiit, I'd be happy with a DVD of the Troubadour. No?
Let's check recent shows overseas for any major changes in the setlist. 

None?

Ok... I'm done. They'll get zero more of my dollars until something happens.

Anything. At all... that indicates to anyone that they got together for any reason other than "The reunion money was finally too much to turn down".

23 minutes ago, MayorFurbush said:

Everyone is a little too fucking happy. That plus the media blackout. Something stinks. Axl isn't flipping out

they are old, Axl have no reason to banter out shit and smash mics on the ground, the 90's are in the past

3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

They're in their 50's, what do you expect them to be? Junkies living in a storage unit?

the title "the most dangerous band in the world" was the """worst""" thing that could happen to the band, now a lot of people are still waiting for them to sell out prostitutes to buy drugs, live out of mcdonalds because is cheap and all the rest of the shit they went through the 80's

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

They're in their 50's, what do you expect them to be? Junkies living in a storage unit?

How about being just human beings who have such a shitload of cash in their bank accounts that they are willing to reunite the band properly and make some small fucking concessions for the fans?

Pretty sure they would still make millions of bucks even if they cut in Izzy for some equity in the band or a slice of the tour revenue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RONIN said:

How about being just human beings who have such a shitload of cash in their bank accounts that they are willing to reunite the band properly and make some small fucking concessions for the fans?

Pretty sure they would still make millions of bucks even if they cut in Izzy for some equity in the band or a slice of the tour revenue. 

It sounds like they talked to Izzy about being part of it and they couldn't agree on a number. The only details we know are from Izzy's tweet and he apparently wanted an equal share to Axl/Duff/Slash.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

It sounds like they talked to Izzy about being part of it and they couldn't agree on a number. The only details we know are from Izzy's tweet and he apparently wanted an equal share to Axl/Duff/Slash.

My best guess is that Izzy was willing to play full time and wanted to split the tour profits equally but the big three wanted him only for guest spots. It would seem that they didn't want to replace Fortus.

Wish someone would talk so we could know how this whole thing went down.

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Wish someone would talk so we could know how this whole thing went down.

Haven't we been saying this for like 25 years? :lol: The whole Chinese era was nothing but silence.

When they do talk - like Adler right now, or Izzy with his tweets, or previously Axl/Duff on Brazilian TV we all go batshit crazy and suddenly have at least 10 more questions :laugh:

6 hours ago, MayorFurbush said:

I went to the show in MA last summer. Crossed it off my bucket list. I was 14 in '92 when my mom kept me from going to see GN'R and Metallica at Foxboro Stadium. Then Metallica became just 'Tallica and Guns broke up.I never forgave her. :P

I wasn't missing this for the world.

I listened to Live At The Ritz on a loop for a month leading up to the realization that it wasn't gonna be a full blown AFD 5 reunion, but I was happy enough with what I got.

They were great. Started early, rocked for hours. Went home happy.

They played Sorry (CITR on night 2.. ugh. Missed it) and I was the only one near me that loudly sang along to every word.  Slash playing on CD stuff brought tears to my eyes. i bought 2 t-shirts.  Great time.

First strike: I payed close to $200 for a pair of nosebleeds at Gilette Stadioum on night one. Luckily, I never saw my actual seat because my brother and I just stayed where the high top tables are, dead center stage, near the merch/beer vendors.
They add night 2. a buddy of mine gets 4 tickets for $100. Now I'm pissed. Yes, the actual experience was great, but it kinda bummed me out that I paid a premium price for a show that was quickly selling out, only for them to add a second show, and offer tickets at a reasonable fucking price.

Strike 2: Not for nothing, I certainly didn't wanna wait til 1AM for them to take the stage like the Use Your Illusion Tour, but the vibe is wrong. They are wayyy too polished and professional now. Starting early and banging out almost the same set-list every night... Little to no banter in between songs. Everyone is a little too fucking happy. That plus the media blackout. Something stinks. Axl isn't flipping out. At all. Slash's top hat appears to be velcroed to his head. Where are the interviews? This could actually be way bigger, but nobody is talking. It's like they know we'll see right through the facade if they talk to anyone.

Strike 3: They're doing another run in the states this summer? Really? That's pretty fucking bold. swabbing the country for more cash, kids? You couldn't muster up enough energy to put out ANYTHING? A live record, an EP of CD leftovers with Slash and Duff on them? a single fucking track? Shiiiiiit, I'd be happy with a DVD of the Troubadour. No?
Let's check recent shows overseas for any major changes in the setlist. 

None?

Ok... I'm done. They'll get zero more of my dollars until something happens.

Anything. At all... that indicates to anyone that they got together for any reason other than "The reunion money was finally too much to turn down".

You nailed it, man. Bravo. 

I ultimately don't really care, I'm way past my teenage years and have better things to do/think about, but this stuff stinks. 

8 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Izzy passed because they wouldn't pay him enough money, not because of any artistic integrity. 

And what are they supposed to do? Dumb down the tour into something Adler can handle? 

Fine by me if Izzy passed just because of the money. Partnership MUST be equal. In any case, we'll never know the whole story.

As for dumbing the tour down - cause it's not fucking dumb already? Same fucking setlist every single show, nothing to make the show REALLY memorable (apart from fireworks and big screen animations???? GTFOH, only a distraction for the sheep...), including the SAME cringeworthy covers/jams (1-2 songs rotation doesn't count, sorry).

They could have made this reunion thing LEGENDARY - small venues, make each show exclusive, intimate and personal, giving a fresh spin to songs like Estranged and Coma etc after so many years.. the Troubadour show was the only show that came out decent. All the rest, boring as shit. Axl still doesn't fucking get it.

Bah, whatever...

• Like 1

This reunion is a reunion of Axl and Slash. There was never talk of anything other than that. Everybody else in the band has been on more or less civil terms for years and has shown no interest of doing things together. Duff is there cause he's been closest with Slash through all the years and he also was the one who first got close with Axl and who made it all happen. This thing has never been meant as a reunion of the AFD-5 or, much less, a gift for the fans (what a ridiculous concept anyway).

This is a thing between the two people who had been in a long, unnecessary , emotionally draining conflict for years that had some really devastating impact especially on Axl and that both of them were taking hard. These two, obviously, never got over each other and the temperature of their relation had never dropped. Finally they've come to the point when it was possible for some reason to put it all to rest, which I am sure is a huge personal thing for both of them and since they obviously wanted and missed playing together, they went for it right away. I don't see any reason why they should refrain from doing that just because a few wining fans out there think it should only be done if it is done right with Adler and Stradlin or that they should this or should that. Why would they care? It's their lives, it's their healing process, it is what makes them very happy and all smiles for almost a year now. Guns N Roses has never done things for the fans but they've always done what they wanted, which is one of the reasons I respected this band back in the day. Why would I hate them for that now? To them Steven and Izzy are obviously not the issue here and not what this is about and they never claimed otherwise. Is this a crime or something? That two pwople wanted to get back together without necessarily caring who else will join them or not?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

This reunion is a reunion of Axl and Slash. There was never talk of anything other than that. Everybody else in the band has been on more or less civil terms for years and has shown no interest of doing things together. Duff is there cause he's been closest with Slash through all the years and he also was the one who first got close with Axl and who made it all happen. This thing has never been meant as a reunion of the AFD-5 or, much less, a gift for the fans (what a ridiculous concept anyway).

This is a thing between the two people who had been in a long, unnecessary , emotionally draining conflict for years that had some really devastating impact especially on Axl and that both of them were taking hard. These two, obviously, never got over each other and the temperature of their relation had never dropped. Finally they've come to the point when it was possible for some reason to put it all to rest, which I am sure is a huge personal thing for both of them and since they obviously wanted and missed playing together, they went for it right away. I don't see any reason why they should refrain from doing that just because a few wining fans out there think it should only be done if it is done right with Adler and Stradlin or that they should this or should that. Why would they care? It's their lives, it's their healing process, it is what makes them very happy and all smiles for almost a year now. Guns N Roses has never done things for the fans but they've always done what they wanted, which is one of the reasons I respected this band back in the day. Why would I hate them for that now? To them Steven and Izzy are obviously not the issue here and not what this is about and they never claimed otherwise. Is this a crime or something? That two pwople wanted to get back together without necessarily caring who else will join them or not?

Nope. This was marketed as a Guns n' Roses reunion. It  just was.

You have the Troubadour show, the GNR museum, the old logos, the commercials blaring "first time in 23 YEARS!! and on and on.

They sold it as GNR reunion, not a Slash and Axl are cuddle buddies reunion. And healing process? Please. This is about cash. Truckloads of it.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Asia said:

This thing has never been meant as a reunion of the AFD-5 or, much less, a gift for the fans (what a ridiculous concept anyway).

Sorry but no.. we have every right to believe it was meant as a full reunion. If both Adler and Izzy were contacted and approached for this, and they WERE, then it would in effect be an AFD 5 reunion and was meant to be that (perhaps with additional backing musicians for CD songs such as Frank but who knows?) This band, to this day, never officially even announced any full band line up! Which is a huge indicator it was all not according to plan and very sure at all who was going to be in it. All the people who bought tickets for Coachella and Vegas didn't even know who was going to be in the band for the whole 3 months since the announcement.

The deal fell through because of money with Izzy, and according to Adler his injury made them drop him too. What we got now is an unfortunate situation that hopefully comes to an end with the conclusion of this tour in September. Anything longer than that would just be a disgrace to both Steven, Izzy and a very large percentage of the fanbase.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

Well, according to Edie Money, whom I tend to trust more than Steven, both Adler and Stradlin were only considered for guest appearances.

And stop with that money shit - of course it is about money, everything is about money, every commercial undertaking, but in this case the money was there lying on the table for 23 years and nobody wanted to touch it. They were offered millions and kept refusing for years. If money would be the only thing that made it happen, they would have done it years ago and would have earned many more millions by now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

You have the Troubadour show, the GNR museum, the old logos, the commercials blaring "first time in 23 YEARS!! and on and on.

They sold it as GNR reunion, not a Slash and Axl are cuddle buddies reunion. And healing process? Please. This is about cash. Truckloads of it.

23 years before 2016 was 1993.  At that point, Izzy had already been gone for 2 years and Steven for 3.  The commercials were accurate.  If Gilby and Matt were important to you, then you have a valid beef with the marketing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

Sorry but no.. we have every right to believe it was meant as a full reunion.

Really? That's interesting. Cause it has never once been called a reunion and right from the first statement or announcement of this happening it was said as clear as possible that this is a regrouping of Axl, Slash and Duff. So I don't know what you read that made you think Izzy or Adler were involved or that it was an AFD-5 reunion but it must have been some wishful reading on your part.

GNR hasn't moved on since the AFD album hence I don't understand why Steven and Izzy shouldn't play their own songs. Axl has failed with his NuGNR band and wasted 20 years without wanting to reunite with Slash but now he wants to persist with this hybrid band and CD songs which very few persons care about.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Asia said:

Really? That's interesting. Cause it has never once been called a reunion and right from the first statement or announcement of this happening it was said as clear as possible that this is a regrouping of Axl, Slash and Duff. So I don't know what you read that made you think Izzy or Adler were involved or that it was an AFD-5 reunion but it must have been some wishful reading on your part.

No they weren't clear at all, they didn't say who was in the band. There was only a little statement speaking about Axl Slash and Duff returning together but it wasn't clear who were the others GNR's members

8 minutes ago, starlight said:

No they weren't clear at all, they didn't say who was in the band. There was only a little statement speaking about Axl Slash and Duff returning together but it wasn't clear who were the others GNR's members

Except that it's obvious Izzy and Steven would have been enumarated if they were to be in the band. So if it was marketed as regrouping of Axl, Slash and Duff  and not regrouping of Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven then it was quite obvious the two were not to be there.

26 minutes ago, Asia said:

Except that it's obvious Izzy and Steven would have been enumarated if they were to be in the band. So if it was marketed as regrouping of Axl, Slash and Duff  and not regrouping of Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven then it was quite obvious the two were not to be there.

Well it wasn't quite obvious imo. It's normal fans were going to speculate and question who was gonna take part of the GNR tour besides Axl Slash and Duff because the full line up hadn't been announced. We didn't know who was going to play the Troubadour and it was obvious to expect Izzy and Steven to play it since it was the Troubadour.